Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature up to Large size
Duration: 1 min/caster level
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: No

The subject feel himself slower and heavier then before and actually a dozen invisible hand pull him down or simply a target become denser. Either way is true, affected creature become heavier without changing in volume.
Caster must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit a target. The subject takes penalty to carrying capacity equal to 10 lb per caster levels (maximum 150 lb at 15th level). The subject gain weight according to its size. For example small character get only 0.75x100lb=75lb from a wizard of 10th level. Look at here: Carrying Capacity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/carryingCapacity.htm#biggerandSmallerCreatures) Overweight has no affect on undeads, oozes, plants and construct.

At 10th level Ray of Enfeeblement (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/rayOfEnfeeblement.htm) cause 1d6+5 (average 8.5) penalty to Strength. Look at Carrying Capacity to be compared.

Mass Overweight
Level: Sor/Wiz 3 OR 4(need comment)
Target: One creature plus one for every 2 caster level, up to Large size

Otherwise same as Overweight.

Spiryt
2010-04-11, 10:01 AM
Well, he gains weight? Like, his whole body is getting heavier?

herbe
2010-04-11, 10:05 AM
Well, he gains weight? Like, his whole body is getting heavier?

Yes, but this weight is virtual burden on the subject shoulder. There isnt any kind of physical alteration. He only gain weight :smallbiggrin:

Is it under/overpowered compared to Ray of Enfeeblement? Its doesnt get penalty to damage rolls or attack rolls but can be cause overloaded (cant move?)?

Spiryt
2010-04-11, 10:10 AM
Well, if his whole body was getting heavier, then his physical strength, or at at least striking power & stuff would get "heavier" too.

But if it's felt like burden on shoulders, then it's probably indeed nasty. :smallbiggrin:

Mulletmanalive
2010-04-11, 10:58 AM
This spell's description from your second post makes this seem more like it's either a Glammer or a Phantasm, an alteration of the perceptions of the target.

Either way, as the target doesn't actually get heavier, it's not Transmutation.

Jogi
2010-04-11, 11:08 AM
Well, I for one would surely like to see a transmutation spell born from this idea. One that does not increase the target strenght, just his weight. It'd awesome to see a fighter on the floor because he can't stand his own weight *lol*

herbe
2010-04-11, 12:05 PM
This spell's description from your second post makes this seem more like it's either a Glammer or a Phantasm, an alteration of the perceptions of the target.

Either way, as the target doesn't actually get heavier, it's not Transmutation.
Its okay i have a similar view. So what would be ideal?

I think: Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation, Universal
I dont think conjuration would be the best. Enchantment maybe but it should be mind-affecting; can it affect to creatures weight? What would be the best school? Con, Ench or Trans ?

Well, I for one would surely like to see a transmutation spell born from this idea. One that does not increase the target strenght, just his weight. It'd awesome to see a fighter on the floor because he can't stand his own weight *lol*
Not so powerful but amusing i think. or the fighter can only walk with tons of penalty :smallcool: and its nasty as mentioned by Spiryt

Lysander
2010-04-11, 12:15 PM
I think you need to decide whether to make this an enchantment or a transmutation. A transmutation would make the spell more powerful since it would affect undead/oozes/plants, could break bridges and weak platforms the subject is standing on, and would make it hard for allies to carry the subject to safety.

Mulletmanalive
2010-04-11, 12:15 PM
In the second post, you said it was a "virtual load" which would make it illusion.

Otherwise, it would either be a) Transmutation if you're changing the qualities of the target or b) Evocation, which is the creation of gravity and mass shadows [these being an energy creation effects]

herbe
2010-04-11, 12:37 PM
In the second post, you said it was a "virtual load" which would make it illusion.

Otherwise, it would either be a) Transmutation if you're changing the qualities of the target or b) Evocation, which is the creation of gravity and mass shadows [these being an energy creation effects]

Reverse Gravity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/reversegravity.htm) is also deal with gravity so weights and its transmutation.

I think you need to decide whether to make this an enchantment or a transmutation. A transmutation would make the spell more powerful since it would affect undead/oozes/plants, could break bridges and weak platforms the subject is standing on, and would make it hard for allies to carry the subject to safety.
Not affected to undeads, oozes plants and construct because they arent living. Target really become heavier thats why i think it would be Trantmutation(i will reworded to be clear); when i said "virtual burden" i mean there isnt physical change its only gain plus weight.

Lysander
2010-04-11, 12:41 PM
Not affected to undeads, oozes plants and construct because they arent living.

Oozes and plants are technically still living.

Light-Hero
2010-04-11, 12:45 PM
what precisely gets heavier. The target or his gear?

herbe
2010-04-11, 01:26 PM
Oozes and plants are technically still living.
You are right. Overweight has no affect on undeads, oozes, plants and construct OR simply no affect on mindless creatures because of will save (but this version should be enchantment)

what precisely gets heavier. The target or his gear? Definitely the target. Moreover, imagine that a dozen invisible hand pull you down.
Can it be used as a counterspell of Feather Fall (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/featherFall.htm)? Its okay to affect to fly, levitate and overland flight because you are heavier. Am i right?

Stompy
2010-04-11, 01:41 PM
Do note that you could just make the target denser (transmutation), hence the target would be heavier without a change in volume.

herbe
2010-04-11, 03:02 PM
Do note that you could just make the target denser (transmutation), hence the target would be heavier without a change in volume.
right words - thanks

Escheton
2010-04-25, 11:15 AM
sounds like a good beguiler spell

how about making a higher lvl version that also saps int and call the spell Denseness

herbe
2010-04-25, 01:01 PM
sounds like a good beguiler spell

how about making a higher lvl version that also saps int and call the spell Denseness

Im working on it.

Golden-Esque
2010-04-25, 01:02 PM
Well, if his whole body was getting heavier, then his physical strength, or at at least striking power & stuff would get "heavier" too.

But if it's felt like burden on shoulders, then it's probably indeed nasty. :smallbiggrin:

I think he's intending it to be sort of a Gravity-manipulation effect, where gravity pulls down on the target harder, resulting in an effectively higher weight.

herbe
2010-04-25, 02:53 PM
I think he's intending it to be sort of a Gravity-manipulation effect, where gravity pulls down on the target harder, resulting in an effectively higher weight.
You are right. Subject could be denser or affected by harder-gravity, the spell effect does not change. Its only about roleplaying.

dgnslyr
2010-05-10, 12:55 AM
Why not reword the flavor text to liken it to injecting cheesecake and ice cream into the target's belly and thighs? Make sure to add a penalty to all charisma-based skills in its effect.

Ashtagon
2010-05-10, 01:16 AM
Why not reword the flavor text to liken it to injecting cheesecake and ice cream into the target's belly and thighs? Make sure to add a penalty to all charisma-based skills in its effect.

Are you saying fat people can't be comedians?

I'm pretty sure Roseanne Barr has a decently high Charisma score.

Charisma != Comeliness.

dgnslyr
2010-05-10, 04:48 PM
Maybe the sudden realization that you're morbidly obese disrupts your composure in social interactions? Now that I think about it, it would make more sense to lower the athleticy skills.

Temotei
2010-05-10, 04:53 PM
Maybe the sudden realization that you're morbidly obese disrupts your composure in social interactions? Now that I think about it, it would make more sense to lower the athleticy skills.

Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide (maybe), Jump, Move Silently (maybe), Ride (maybe), Swim, and Tumble make more sense than Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise (really, it would probably make it easier for you, since you suddenly look like someone else), Gather Information, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Perform, and Use Magic Device.

herbe
2010-05-19, 02:39 PM
The subject only become heavier not uglier so no charisma- based penalty. However, target maybe get penalty as being medium- or heavy-loaded because of armor check penalty: Balance, Climb, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand, and Tumble checks and double the normal armor check penalty is applied to Swim checks.

Roderick_BR
2010-05-21, 12:07 AM
This would become a Overweight/Ray of Enfeeblement combo, to lock down characters. Wizards and sorcerers would be unable to move, and a lot of classes would lose access to their class features due to be carrying more than a light load.
Potentially breaking, I think.

herbe
2010-05-21, 02:36 AM
This would become a Overweight/Ray of Enfeeblement combo, to lock down characters. Wizards and sorcerers would be unable to move, and a lot of classes would lose access to their class features due to be carrying more than a light load.
Potentially breaking, I think.

Main targets are low strenght and low will characters so rogue, but really big suck for monks, rangers and scouts.

Example:
A lvl 10th wizard cast on both spell on an Ogre with 4 lvl Barbarian (26 str)
1d6+5 str penalty (average 8,5) plus bonus weight from Overweight equal to 100 lb x2 for being large = 200
Strenght of our sample ogre become 18 (26-8(average of ray of enfeeblement))
So his light load: up to 100, medium 101-200,heavy 201-300. He has a about 60 lb base weight of his equipment and gain 200 lb. He become heavy loaded and gain penalty according to it. So he also suck despite his high Str. So these two spell used togather are cool.

Mass Overweight added, comment, thanks.