PDA

View Full Version : Archivist//Duskblade Build (3.5)

Tinydwarfman
2010-04-11, 12:44 PM
I am playing in a RHoD gestalt game to make up for the fact that there are only two players (myself and a swift hunter//ardent I think). We are using Pathfinder base with 3.5 non-core (this means feats on odd levels, different races, ect.). I have settled on playing roughly Archivist 9/Sacred Exorcist 1//Duskblade 6/Abjurant Champion 4. My plan is to use Abjurant Champion AC boosts with the bucketloads of AC boosting spells that clerics get to make an untouchable spell-channeling melee fighter.

STR 16 (20)
DEX 8
CON 14
INT 16 (18)
WIS 8 (6)
CHA 14
(brackets are after racial and level adjustments)

Feats:
Knowledge Devotion, Divine Vigor, Touch of Healing, Power Attack, Arcane Strike, (Strength Devotion ?), (another Devotion feat?)

I'm very much a ruthless "Whatever it takes to get the job done" kind of guy (think Renegade from Mass Effect 2), who has a deep-seated hatred of Orcs and their ilk (Playing a slightly modified LA +0 Sharakim). I also have a general "Knowledge is power" thing going, with identifying knowledge maxed out.

So my questions: What spells should I pick up from the huge list that Archivists have, and are there any other things that I'm missing?

Havok4
2010-04-11, 12:47 PM
The feat Academic Priest from legend of the twins might be a good choice for you as it would make your archivist bonus spells based on intelligence instead of wisdom.

Tinydwarfman
2010-04-11, 12:49 PM
The feat Academic Priest from legend of the twins might be a good choice for you as it would make your archivist bonus spells based on intelligence instead of wisdom.

Oops, I thought INT was bonus and WIS was saves, I should take that then.

marjan
2010-04-11, 02:09 PM
Bonus spells are based on wisdom. DC and max spell level are based on wisdom. Still that feat sounds good.