PDA

View Full Version : [d20m] FYI I'm a Spy?

Flickerdart
2010-04-11, 03:20 PM
What would be the best way to build the quintessential TF2 Spy in d20 Modern? The infiltrator seems to be kind of underwhelming for the purpose. I presume a Criminal Fast Hero would be a good place to start?

The Glyphstone
2010-04-11, 03:37 PM
With out without the shapeshifting disguise abilities?

Flickerdart
2010-04-11, 03:54 PM
That would be convenient, but Scientist is the only FX allowed in this game. Some kind of mundane disguise kit would suffice.

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-11, 05:01 PM
As the Scientist in said game, in two levels I would be able to make an object of Change Self (http://d20resources.com/modern.d20.srd/fx/change.self.php) that is usable by anyone, rather than just me, if I grab a feat and the appropriate "discovery." Probably taking the feat either way, discovery will depend on if it's still wanted by then.

Rappy
2010-04-11, 05:59 PM
Criminal occupation, yes.

If you have access to the Modern Player's Companion, Fast Hero/Charismatic Hero (for the Bluffs and Disguise)/Infiltrator/Silent Intruder.

If you don't have access to it....well, just remove the Silent Intruder from the list.

For your talents, focus on the Fast Talk talent tree for Charismatic Hero, especially since it grants you Taunt. :smalltongue: Fast Hero talents should be mostly from the Defensive tree, with possibly a dip or two into Increased Speed.

Deceptive, Low Profile, and Weapon Focus (Knife) might work well for feats.