PDA

View Full Version : Faceblob conundrum. (Facebook :P)

Nameless
2010-04-11, 06:15 PM
I think this is within the forum rules (At least I hope :smalleek:)

This is more of a general question to those with Faceblob. Lately, the site keeps alerting me that I have “comments” as they are called, on my "posts". However, when I go to check them, nothings there. I’m not sure if people really are commenting and I just can’t see them, of if it’s some sort of glitch or whatever. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what the it is? I post this here because I’ve asked my friends and they've all been useless :smalltongue:. And this is place is usualy friendly.
I know it's no big deal (in fact, it's nothing), but it's anoying. Please don't eat me.

Yay meaningless cyber problems.

Mauve Shirt
2010-04-11, 06:19 PM
You must be getting notifications for comments I'm receiving. Facebook hasn't been notifying me about status comments. And yes I am receiving them, I just have to check.

Nameless
2010-04-11, 06:23 PM
There's only one way to find out.

Have you recently received a comment from the Playgrounds RHL without it alerting you? :smalltongue:
What about Malfunctioned?

Perenelle
2010-04-11, 06:24 PM
I had that problem a couple months ago. It was really annoying, I'd click on the notification I got but I kept getting a blank screen. Sometimes I wouldnt even get notifications when people commented on things, so I had to keep checking back on them.
I have no idea what it was or what caused it, but thankfully it went away after a while and I haven't had either problem since.

Facebook has too many issues...:smallsigh:

golentan
2010-04-11, 06:27 PM
Ha. Ha-ha. Ha-haha-haha...

No, it's not just you.

Facebook is updating their architecture, and a lot of the material underlying old functionality was a kluge anyway, and as such there's been progressive devaluing of the utility and accuracy of a lot of things on facebook. You want a real disaster, go over to My Polls. And even ignoring the faith-in-humanity shattering nature of the people there, there are functional problems. Improper loading, lack of scrolling, comment and notification failures, and the systemic tendency of Facebook to crash browsers through the flash plugin are only the beginning.

Give it time, they'll sort things. Eventually. And by then they'll be ready to patch in the next big update. :smallsmile:

Nameless
2010-04-11, 06:29 PM
Ha. Ha-ha. Ha-haha-haha...

No, it's not just you.

Facebook is updating their architecture, and a lot of the material underlying old functionality was a kluge anyway, and as such there's been progressive devaluing of the utility and accuracy of a lot of things on facebook. You want a real disaster, go over to My Polls. And even ignoring the faith-in-humanity shattering nature of the people there, there are functional problems. Improper loading, lack of scrolling, comment and notification failures, and the systemic tendency of Facebook to crash browsers through the flash plugin are only the beginning.

Give it time, they'll sort things. Eventually. And by then they'll be ready to patch in the next big update. :smallsmile:

I seriously wish they'd stop with the updates. I miss old Faceblob.

golentan
2010-04-11, 06:36 PM
I seriously wish they'd stop with the updates. I miss old Faceblob.

They're performing the updates for a very good reason. The number of users continues to grow, and they need to provide support as they expand. And while they're tinkering to do that, they might as well fish the spaghetti out of the system. To do all of which they need to patch while remaining functional, which results in a few more kluged together code bits while they're working on it.

skywalker
2010-04-11, 06:50 PM
They're performing the updates for a very good reason. The number of users continues to grow, and they need to provide support as they expand. And while they're tinkering to do that, they might as well fish the spaghetti out of the system. To do all of which they need to patch while remaining functional, which results in a few more kluged together code bits while they're working on it.

I think they meant more in terms of the interface/design...

ViikinkiSusi
2010-04-12, 12:40 AM
Sometimes people, after writing a response to one of your posts, will realize that what they said was downright idiotic and demeaning to their intelligence, and they delete it. This may be the cause of your problem.

You may also be looking at the wrong post.

The Extinguisher
2010-04-12, 12:56 AM
Sometimes people, after writing a response to one of your posts, will realize that what they said was downright idiotic and demeaning to their intelligence, and they delete it. This may be the cause of your problem.

Clearly, you know nicer people then I do. :smallamused:

RabbitHoleLost
2010-04-12, 01:29 AM

I do this a lot, actually.
Except its less idiot and demeaning, but mean.
Because I'm mean.

Or I'll just be like "Eh, I want to say something better"
Etc

Nameless
2010-04-12, 05:34 AM

Possibly. But I doubt it. It's never happened before and over the past few days or so it's happened repeatedly. So it isn't very Consistent. I guess it's no big deal, I just don't want friends thinking that I'm ignoring them.