PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Shugenjas

waterpenguin43
2010-04-11, 07:09 PM
I have a slight challenge for the Playground:
I would like you to fix the shugenja spell list. This means making the elements more balanced. Here are my suggestions:

Water: In Complete Divine, the creators seemed to focus too much on the "Healing" aspect of them, and not enough on everything else. I suggest more terrain control and maybe Polymorph or some other transmutations. Also, try and be more generous with the arcane spells.
Fire: Probably the most balanced one. But what's the enchantment for? Maybe getting rid of some of that and the electric powers.
Air: This needs electric spells!!!!!!!!
Earth: I think this should get toned down a bit. I mean, Disintegrate? Should probably be more focused on buff spells.
Any suggestions? Or revised spell levels? Or something?

Yora
2010-04-12, 03:35 AM
I agree that the class is okay and it's just the spell list that needs any work done.

I like the idea of Air not having lightning spells. The elements can be more than just the same spells in different colors. If you want to deal energy damage, you have fire, no need for a second element to do the same.

waterpenguin43
2010-04-12, 10:16 AM
I agree that the class is okay and it's just the spell list that needs any work done.

I like the idea of Air not having lightning spells. The elements can be more than just the same spells in different colors. If you want to deal energy damage, you have fire, no need for a second element to do the same.

True, but air should get something with a bit of a "crunch" in my opinion.