PDA

View Full Version : Survivors [3.5, E6]

FlamingKobold
2010-04-11, 08:39 PM
All hell has broken loose and life as you know it has come to an end. You live in the small port city of Garrentown, a prosperous city known for its intense rainy season. None of you are doing poorly, and have dreams of a heroic life of glory. This changes in the span of twenty-four hours, and now it seems like you may never get the chance. Yesterday morning, an unknown, unmarked, foreign-looking ship arrived at the docks. The only thing on there were people, barely able to move. They were sick, with grotesque wounds and deadened flesh. Immediately, the towns best physicians got to work. They wrapped the men and women in bandages and gave them infusions and herbal remedies to save them. It was unsuccessful. Within hours, they all died.

By evening, those that had touched the diseased grew mildly ill, and bymid afternoon they were as bad as the newcomers. People got frantic and left the town, trying to keep their families safe. And then things really took a turn for the worse.

At nightfall, all those who had been taken by the disease, some buried, some not, took on a second life. They rose from the dead as hideous beasts of rotting flesh of various sizes and powerand took victims, one after another. All night the "zombies" terrorized the town, and not a single one was defeated. You all were lucky or clever enough to evade them. As daybreak approached after a night of utter hell, something curious happened. Almost all of the zombies took cover in dwellings in the city or the surrounding forest. A few did not, still trying to kill and infect more. As the sun began to be seen on the horizon, these zombies suddenly erupted into flame and burned into a small pile of ash which was taken away by the breeze.

The citizens began to emerge from their dwellings, looking for loved ones and friends. They all had an empty look in their eyes, a look of horror and fear. All had started to show signs of the disease themselves. All, it seems, but you. By some random twist of fate, be it luck, a natural immunity or some magical defense, you haven't been infected. You walk through the town, seeing the faces of those who you have known your whole life, that you know will be dead in mere hours and will be flesh ripping zombies at nightfall. You manage to find others that show no signs of the disease, and there appear to be only four of you in the entire city. You are faced with a difficult choice: Do you wait foor the inevitable and let yourself be taken? Or do you prove to yourself that you are special, that you are destined to be great, even, by pushing forward and surviving, looking for others like you and a way to survive?

Players:

Sasha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198310) (Faulty)
Carn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=196293) (Drend Dragonspawn)
Richard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=198056) (Samm)
Thomas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=196596) (Thorgrim29)

Alt: Isdral (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=196763) (Dexam)

OOC is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8276677)

Samm
2010-04-11, 10:16 PM
Richard emerges from his overnight shelter-the cellar. He notices the sun shine in through the windows and opens the windows to have a look around. He notices that all the horrible beasts are gone and decides to wander about. He thinks to himself, "they're gone, thank goodness." He notices the other "survivors" are infected, and looks down on them with a strange mixture of fear and disgust, as he hums a joyful melody. "It looks like I'm the only one who's clean... If that's the case then at night...", he whispers to himself with a shudder. He heads over to the town-square to see if he could find other people who maybe clean.

thorgrim29
2010-04-12, 12:29 PM
Thomas was wandering the town in a daze, visiting what few friends he had who were not students at the academy with him, along with a few distant relatives. Every time, the person was either dead or sick, and Thomas did not have the heart to stay long in either case. Before leaving the academy, he had taken with him a few weapons and taken a light mail shirt for protection, figuring some people may lash out against one who seemed immune, and that he wanted to be ready if he came upon one of the monsters. Eventually, he bumped into another young man around his own age. He looked up to apologize but to his surprise found that the other man seemed just as spared by the illness as him. He laughs and extends his hand.

Well met stranger, I was sure I was the only one untouched by that illness. I am Thomas Brannigan.

Thomas is very tall (6"5) and broadly build. He has blond hair, blue eyes, and wears a chain shirt over everyday clothes. He carries a glaive and a greatsword.

Samm
2010-04-12, 05:58 PM
"I can only say I'm glad to see you Thomas", says Richard with a sigh of relief. He continues, "I'm Richard - bard by trade...", Richard looks around briefly and then asks, "I get the feeling there may be more of us, what say we look for them?"

Richard is 5'11, thin and handsome. He has brown hair, and brown eyes to match. He wears a grey overcoat over his studded leather armour, and carries around a fiddle (bow attached), and a longsword, along with a backpack.

Drend
2010-04-12, 07:23 PM
Carn wakes up on the roof of the Dojo uncertain as to what happened after sunrise. Looking down the roof access hatch, he notices the ladder has been completely destroyed by the zombie horde. Even from the roof, he can tell that the people below are infected with whatever turned his comrades and townsfolk into walking abominations. That's when he notices 2 men walking together talking, looking much more chipper than the rest of Garrentown's survivors. Trusting to his training, he leaps off the roof, and comes into a fast forward roll next to them. Hopping to his feet and rubbing his shoulder, he bows and says Greetings, I am Carn Drenden. Neither of you seem to be afflicted by whatever curse has befallen our town. Do either of you happen to have any further information as to what happened?

Carn is five foot nine inches tall, dark brown hair pulled back in a topknot, with matching eyes. He is powerfully built, though very agile. He carries next to nothing, wearing simple clothing, with a dagger hilt sticking out of his belt at his back. He wears thick padded socks and leather sandals, with the bottoms of his pants tucked into the tops.

Samm
2010-04-12, 08:35 PM
Richard exclaims in a joyous tone, "Well, that adds three to the pack! I'm Richard and this here's Thomas.", pointing to the large blonde haired fellow beside him. "As for what afflicted your town, I wouldn't really know. All I know, is that the zombies were gone when the sun rose."

thorgrim29
2010-04-12, 11:06 PM
Hello. If there's 3 of us, there may be more, we should find as many as we can, and then I suggest we head out as soon as possible, we'll quarantine ourselves half a day's march for a few days to make sure we're really immune, and not just resisting somehow, we don't want this spreading if we can help it.

Samm
2010-04-13, 01:07 AM
"Good idea, I suggest we find the others first, and find a kind of "safehouse", to hole up in. That way, we'll be able to defend ourselves and keep the quarantine, how does that sound to you?"

Faulty
2010-04-13, 08:09 AM
"Hey you!" A woman yells from the roof of a near by building. She leans over the edge, looking down at the trio on the ground. "I'll be right down!" She hops over the edge of the roof and lands on a balcony below, before hang dropping off the balcony to the ground. She trots over to the group, the scimitar and kukri at her side clanking against her chain shirt as she goes. She's shorter than the three other survivors, yet despite her size, she's very muscular. She has a somewhat masculine build, with broad shoulders and a strong jaw. She's not exactly a sight for sore eyes; her face is bruised in a few places, her lip is cracked, and her short black hair is messy and haphazardly cut. She walks straight for Carn and jovially punches his shoulder. "You work the docks, right? Think I've seen ya there once or twice. Anyway," she says, her hands on her hips, scanning the group, "you guys aren't undead, huh? I've been looking for other survivors. If you're sick, I can totally chop your head off for ya before ya get all blood thirsty and ****." She sighs and pauses, before saying, "So I want to leave and get help. Any of you with me?"

thorgrim29
2010-04-13, 08:55 AM
The young woman was vaguely familiar, but Thomas couldn't quite put his finger on it. She had the looks of a lowlife, but moved like she knew how to use the weapons at her side. Strange. Still, he introduced himself, no need to be rude to scary ladies.

Hello Miss. I am Thomas, and these are Richard and Carn. We were actually discussing our options, seeing as unless we find others we seem to be the only ones not at Death's door. I very much doubt there is help to be had... The doctors were as good as most, and they couldn't even help themselves, actually I think I was attacked by my old master tonight. Our best bet would seem to be scrounging up food and camping supplies and finding a place to hole up away from the city. That way we're protected and we don't risk contaminating the rest of the country if we are in fact not immune, but just really resistant. We might also want to bring a lot of crossbows and longspears to defend a barricade. It should be a simple matter to find a dead armorer's shop, not to mention a drover and a shopkeeper. We can always come back here in a week or so if we want to find out if anyone survived or loot the place, as my father used to say, one's disaster is another's right of salvage.

Drend
2010-04-13, 11:10 AM
Er, hello. Sasha, right? We need to find a safe place before nightfall. Food supplies and fresh water are the most important thing. Does anyone know how to defeat them? I couldn't beat any from the roof, and the wizards were defeated too.

Faulty
2010-04-13, 01:24 PM
"Hey there Tom, Rich, Carn. I killed one by decapitating it, so we may want to get some swords or axes and other such cutty things. Food... I have some trail rations and a water skin. I know a cheap tavern. The wine's watered down. We could maybe drink it if we can't find water. I spent the night on a roof, we could stay there."

thorgrim29
2010-04-13, 03:59 PM
Thomas shakes his head

No, we'll want to get away from the city as soon as we have enough supplies to last us a few days. There'll be at least five times as many of these creatures tonight, more if they don't burn the corpses of the dead.

Samm
2010-04-14, 01:39 AM
"Hey there Tom, Rich, Carn. I killed one by decapitating it, so we may want to get some swords or axes and other such cutty things. Food... I have some trail rations and a water skin. I know a cheap tavern. The wine's watered down. We could maybe drink it if we can't find water. I spent the night on a roof, we could stay there."

"Yeah, I've got a longsword,, says Richard tapping his scabbard containing a sword. He then continues, "Trail rations and a water-skin as well, not to mention a bedroll. I think sleeping on the roof will be bad during heavy rain, which could happen. I slept in a cellar, with all the doors barred of course. It may work for the rest of us. But I agree with Thomas, we've got to get away from here, so we'll need supplies; I think the general store will be the one to go for, containing food, and all the other essentials.

Drend
2010-04-14, 01:20 PM
So, where to? I don't know the lands outside of town. I've never had a reason to leave before.

Samm
2010-04-16, 01:50 AM
"Lets travel to a general store first, and pick up some supplies. Then we get armour and weapons, if need be, and then head out. However, we've got to make sure that we don't venture out after dark, those beasts will make everything very dangerous. How does that sound?"

thorgrim29
2010-04-16, 12:27 PM
Fine by me, let's go quickly.

Faulty
2010-04-16, 12:28 PM
"Alright. Let's get our asses moving then." Sasha starts heading in the direction of the store.

FlamingKobold
2010-04-17, 09:45 AM
The closest thing this town has to a general store, and is dubbed such by locals, is a large marketplace near the docks with smaller stores lining the outside of the open squares. On most days at this time, there are dozens of vendors and merchants with stands for their wares spread throughout the marketplace, but not today. There are about a dozen infected citizens grabbing food and other essentials in a desperate cling to their normal lives. They look at you four unaffected people with envy as they watch their selves, friends and family suffer.

Anything in the market is yours for the taking.

Basically, you can have an non-magical, non-alchemical item, with a price under 200 gp. You can get several of each, but be reasonable and remember to track encumbrance (if it gets excessive). If you have any specific items, either within the limits or out of them, ask about it in the OOC thread. I'd like a complete list of what you grab posted in the OOC and added to your character sheets.

Samm
2010-04-20, 03:15 AM
"Well, I'd say we start heading off now that we have collected our stuff, right?", says Richard to his companions.

Drend
2010-04-20, 02:09 PM
Yes, leaving before night fall sounds incredibly appealing.

thorgrim29
2010-04-20, 03:01 PM
Yeah, let's go. I'll take the lead cart, if anyone wants to suffer my company they're welcome with me. Oh, forgot one thing.

He rushes into the crowd and comes back a minute later with a few maps (one of the region, one of the world and one of the country if at all possible)

Here, so we know where to go if everything goes to hell

FlamingKobold
2010-04-20, 04:57 PM
By the time you've finished obtaining the items from the city, it is around midday. The sun is high in the sky, but still rising. You have about eight hours until dusk.

Leading out of Garrentown are three major roads. The northern road heads through the mountains, which are just a few miles away, the eastern cuts a path straight through the forest, towards the center of the country, and the souther one, while still going through the forest, is right on the shore of the ocean. It's your choice which road to take.

thorgrim29
2010-04-20, 06:52 PM
I say we go to the mountains and find a nice cave we can barricade, preferably with a stream nearby.

Drend
2010-04-21, 05:57 PM
I'm loathe to go into the forest. I'd rather go with the mountains.

Samm
2010-04-22, 12:32 AM
I say we go to the mountains and find a nice cave we can barricade, preferably with a stream nearby.

"Yep, stole the words right out of our mouth! It may be hard to travel, but that's all the better for us - they'll have to travel it too! Also, we should be careful of some of the wildlife, and those beasts."

Faulty
2010-04-22, 04:14 AM
"Sounds like a plan. Let's mount up and ride."

FlamingKobold
2010-04-22, 05:38 PM
You pile into the carts, with plenty of spare room, and set off to the north. You have to travel through a bit of the forest to get there, but nothing dangerous or out of the ordinary occurs. You make it to the mountains and still have a few hours of daylight left. Now you have a choice: To go through the mountain pass, or into an abandoned mining tunnel. Alternately, you could go back into the forest or climb the mountain, but those would offer little to no protection from the zombies.

Drend
2010-04-22, 11:45 PM
Through the pass seems the most logical course of action.

Samm
2010-04-23, 12:02 AM
"Yeah, the mining tunnel could have caved-in, yet the mountain pass could be snowed over. However, the mining tunnel would give us shelter from the elements, and would be a better place to camp. What say you Thomas? Sasha?"

thorgrim29
2010-04-25, 09:05 AM
Actually, the tunnel having caved would be a good thing, it'd give us one less thing to defend. So I say the tunnel, we could park the carts near the entrance, gice us a rough barricade for the night.

Samm
2010-04-26, 11:24 PM
Actually, the tunnel having caved would be a good thing, it'd give us one less thing to defend. So I say the tunnel, we could park the carts near the entrance, gice us a rough barricade for the night.

"Yeah, I would suppose that'd work..." says Richard to himself. Then he asks the others, "Any major objections to this?

FlamingKobold
2010-05-03, 08:05 PM
9 days is a bit excessive. I'll NPC them. Normally, it's NPC after 3 or 4, sometimes as short as 2. Just, since it;s the beginning, i decided to give them a bit more. That ends now, unless you give me a heads up.

Carn and Sasha agree and you begin on your way. You discover that a cave in has indeed occurred about a five minute walk into the tunnel. You put all of your wagons in the back, for protection, and begin unloading, setting up your impromptu camp. There are some carts that you can use for defense or shelter, and a few other minor trinkets here and there from miners past. All in all, it's a rather bland, rocky tunnel that has two significant bends and is consistently about fifteen feet wide.

Samm
2010-05-06, 02:18 AM
Richard, starts humming a song, noticing the echo of the area it pleases him. He then takes a look around, specifically at the miner's trinkets. "Hmm. I wonder what these are...", says Richard examining them.

thorgrim29
2010-05-08, 07:33 AM
Thomas works at making the defenses better for a little while before lighting a small fire, if the smoke seems to go somewhere that isn't the little chamber, he builds it up a bit and starts making food.

Samm
2010-05-08, 11:17 PM
Richard helps organise the defences, and sits around the fire Thomas has made. He takes out his violin and starts playing a melancholy song. "It's such a shame isn't it? Garrentown, all but destroyed..."

FlamingKobold
2010-05-09, 11:56 AM
Carn and Sasha sit with you, all near the fire. As you sit, you realize that less than a day ago, life was perfectly normal, but now you're on the run from a supernatural horde, huddled near a fire in a cave with strangers for food and warmth.

After eating what Thomas has cooked, Carn volunteers to take first watch while everyone gets some rest. "It'll be a long day tomorrow," he says, sighing. Sasha agrees, and grabs a bedroll from the carts.

After you've gotten a little bit of sleep, you're awoken by a yell from Carn: "Guys, there's someone, or something, coming. Get up." AS soon as you awaken, you can hear it too; the footsteps of some very large creature, walking down the tunnel towards your location. It sounds huge, much larger than a human.

Samm
2010-05-10, 06:09 AM
It looks as if we have company. Ready your weapons, we know not when they may come of use to us, says Richard waking from slumber. He fetches his sword and draws it. He then looks and listens for what may be causing the sound.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

thorgrim29
2010-05-10, 04:45 PM
Awaking from his sleep, Thomas dons his armor, strings his bow, and prepares for a fight.

FlamingKobold
2010-05-10, 07:07 PM
The four of you get ready and take cover behind the various upturned mine carts. The fire still goes on behind you, making you easily visible and the darkness beyond unclear. After a few tense minutes, you see the outline of a great, hulking beast come around the corner. It stands as tall as the ceiling of the cavern, about twelve feet, with rotting flesh and a disgusting scent. You recognize it immediately: The zombies have found you.

Initiative/actions taken prior to its arrival.

Samm
2010-05-11, 02:43 AM
"Damn... Maybe the mines weren't such a good idea.", says Richard in hindsight. He picks up his violin, worried for its safety - for him, it's his pride and joy.

Richard starts to play on his violin an inspiring song to lift the spirits of his companions and urge them on to victory.

Initiative: [roll0]

Okay, the song Richard is playing is to inspire courage, a +1 bonus to attack, damage, fear and charm related saving throws for all his allies who can hear him. This power lasts 10 rounds. I have 4 more uses of Bardic Music today

thorgrim29
2010-05-11, 04:47 PM
Perhaps not. It would seem the plague has spread outside of Garrentown. No matter, we must fight.

-Initiative: [roll0]
-Activating leading the charge (you folk have +1 damage should you decide to charge)

When it becomes clear the thing is a zombie, Thomas shoots it with his bow (2 times if there's time

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-11, 06:25 PM
Thomas's first arrow flies high, and the second just bounces off the beast's thick skin.

Order: Thomas, Sasha, Zombie, Carn, Richard.

Samm
2010-05-13, 03:38 AM
"Oh dear... This guy's a tough one... This is going to be a hard fight. Should we retreat?"

Richard drops his violin, and prepares fight. He draws his bow, and fires.

[roll0]
[roll1]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-15, 09:37 PM
Wonder where Thorgrim went...

Sasha unleashes a war cry and charges the humongous beast, striking it in the leg. You hear a satisfying crunch as something in the zombie seems to break, but it doesn't react at all to the attack. It immediately swings one of its large, misshapen, arms down and connect with Sasha's side, forcing her to hit the wall ten feet away, unconscious.

"Retreat to where?" Carn asks as he too charges. "We're at the end of this goddamn tunnel, we can't retreat!" And with that he unleashes a flying kick to the zombie's other leg, as that's all you guys can really reach.

thorgrim29
2010-05-16, 08:32 AM
Oh that was my surprise round? Sorry, in that case...

Thomas charges the zombie, positioning himself so he and Carn can move to flank it easily.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Edit: wow.... figures I'd use my nat 20s on undead....

Samm
2010-05-17, 06:03 AM
Richard drops his bow, and draws his sword. He then dives into the fray.

Well, I've taken 2 move actions, drawing a weapon and moving, it appears I'm done for this round...

FlamingKobold
2010-05-17, 07:34 PM
The zombie swings at both Carn and Thomas with a two-fisted swings. Well, that's what it looks like, as far as you can tell. It hits you both, and Carn is knocked to the floor, while Thomas is staggered significantly.

Thomas takes 12 damage

Samm
2010-05-18, 01:16 AM
"Gosh, Carn's going to need some serious help..." Richard attacks, hoping to do some serious damage. He holds his longsword in both hands and attacks.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

FlamingKobold
2010-05-18, 03:36 PM
Richard takes a mighty swing at the beast's already overtaxed leg, cleaving it clear off. The bloody mass flies across the tunnel while the zombie's body sways and falls. It falls away from Thomas and lands, with a crunch of finality, right atop Carn's body.

thorgrim29
2010-05-18, 08:34 PM
In panic and pain, Thomas looked around to see if there was any way to escape, he could see none and took a desperate swing. To his surprise the huge monster fell on top of Carn.

Quick, finish it

Favoring his right side, he took his glaive and started hacking away at the zombie from 10 feet away

((Not used to such a fast rythm, I'll adjust))

Samm
2010-05-19, 01:36 AM
"Crumbs, we need to get this thing off Carn damn it!"

Richard, runs over and attempts to lift the zombie off Carn.

Strength Check: [roll0]

"C'mon, I'm going to need some help!", he yells, asking for assistance.

Dexam
2010-05-20, 01:49 AM
From the dark of night beyond the tunnel, a female voice with a thick, Northern accent calls out. "Greetings, the campfire!" The voice is tinged with hints of weariness.

Stepping into the flickering light of the fire is a stocky woman dressed in steel-studded leathers and the warm fur-trimmed garb favoured by the semi-nomadic people of the icy far Northlands. A longsword is scabbarded on her hip; a crossbow, quiver of bolts, and a couple of pouches are clipped to her belt. A pack and bedroll are slung over her shoulders.

"Permission to approach?" she asks, stepping from the shadows and a little closer into the light, her arms raised to show her hands are empty. In the better light, small twigs and leaves can be seen caught in the ash-blonde braids of her hair; and slight scratches and smears of dirt mar the pale skin of her face. Wordlessly she surveys the scene in the tunnel.

thorgrim29
2010-05-20, 04:14 PM
If you're not dead you can help us, this thing is on top of one of our friends

Shouts Thomas as he hacks away at the zombie until it stops moving.

Samm
2010-05-21, 12:57 AM
"Yeah, one of the clean ones, is underneath that beast", says Richard pointing to the zombie, "Can you help us get to him? He needs our help..."

Dexam
2010-05-21, 09:13 AM
"I'm most certainly alive." replies the young woman, as she rushes over and attempts to heave the zombie carcass off the body of the trapped man.

Strength check:[roll0]

As she does so, she nods at the still figure of the muscular woman slumped against the tunnel wall. "Looks like your friend over there could use some help as well."

FlamingKobold
2010-05-21, 04:07 PM
The three of you together manage to force the unnaturally large corpse off of Carn, and what you see isn't quite what you had hoped for. In addition to several gaping wounds and a large chunk of flesh missing from his stomach, Carn's head has been twisted and snapped by the weight of the zombie. His eyes are empty and wide open, making his corpse almost as hard to look at as the zombie's.

Samm
2010-05-21, 05:18 PM
"Oh... Dear... That's disgusting...", says Richard in disgust, "I doubt he's alive now... poor guy..."

Richard turns to Sasha and Thomsa, he says, "How badly are you people hurt?"

thorgrim29
2010-05-21, 05:36 PM
Thomas shakes his head sadly.

I'm going to have to go with dead, hope Sasha is doing better... I'm in pretty bad shape, but I can walk at least.

He goes to see her.

Samm
2010-05-21, 07:29 PM
"Wait, Sasha! I hope she's okay... Does someone want to check on her?"

I don't have any ranks in heal, and my modifier is -1. So, is someone else willing to check on her, and if she's dying, stabilise her?

thorgrim29
2010-05-22, 12:20 AM
Oh yeah, I'm at +2, here goes:

heal: [roll0]

of course....

FlamingKobold
2010-05-22, 03:47 PM
You look at her, and realize that something's wrong. Some of her limbs look weirdly bent and as you pull her head from the wall, you see that her hair and the wall her is soaked with blood from where her head hit the wall, leaving a relatively large wound. She may or may not be alive, you aren't quite sure.

Dexam
2010-05-23, 09:03 PM
Turning slightly pale at the sight of the body beneath the zombie corpse, Isdral takes a moment to recover before moving over to help with the woman by the wall.

Heal: [roll0]

"These wounds look so terrible. I... I don't know if I can help." She looks up at the two men. "She needs a professionally healer, quickly."

FlamingKobold
2010-05-23, 09:38 PM
OOC

You guys are, like, the worst healers ever. Two 4s? I guess it's up to Richard and his -1 heal check.

Samm
2010-05-24, 01:44 AM
Heal: [roll0]

Dexam
2010-05-24, 03:42 AM
OOC

You guys are, like, the worst healers ever. Two 4s? I guess it's up to Richard and his -1 heal check.

OOC:

I don't think the forum RNG wants Sasha to survive... :smalleek:

thorgrim29
2010-05-24, 09:17 PM
She's not doing well, but she might not be dead, could anyone else check?

Samm
2010-05-25, 01:14 AM
"Heck... This is rather nasty... I doubt she's going to make it out alive, I doubt we'd be able to fix her up. Also, I doubt there's going to be healers for miles... What do we do?"

Dexam
2010-05-25, 07:36 AM
"If we can keep her alive through the night, maybe we can find a traveller or a local who can giver her proper aid."

Retry of Heal (first aid to stabilise): [roll0]

OOC:
A natural 20?!? Maybe the RNG is more forgiving than I thought - assuming Sasha is still alive, that is.

FlamingKobold
2010-05-25, 07:19 PM
Isdral manages to stop the bleeding of her head with a carefully wrapped cloth, and Sasha seems to be still alive. You can feel the very faint beating of her heart. The rest of her body is still mangled, however, and she wont be walking, or, it seems, awakening, for quite some time.

OOC
Aw... she was at -8, too. So close to a death! :smalltongue:

Dexam
2010-05-25, 11:40 PM
Isdral breathes a sigh of relief and leans back. She turns to the two men. "Well, she's alive - for now. She will have to be tended carefully. I've heard that head wounds can be tricky to deal with, and she may not fully recover." She looks around the mine tunnel. "Can you find a blanket for her, and build up the fire a little to keep her warm?"

The young woman wipes her hands on a clean rag and then brushes a loose strand of silvery-blonde hair from her face. "Allow me to introduce myself: Isdral Grensdottir, of the Stone Wolf people. You mentioned 'clean ones' when I arrived... I take it you were in Garrentown, too, when the plague ship struck?"

thorgrim29
2010-05-25, 11:52 PM
Nice to meet you, I go by Thomas Brannigan. And yes, we were, as far as we knew we were the only survivors. Here, let me.

He assists her:

[roll0]

((Well, I suck))

Samm
2010-05-26, 12:41 AM
"I'm Richard, I'll build the fire, we do have blankets don't we? I have a bedroll, she can lie on that..."

Richard takes out some of the firewood from the carts, and puts it on the fire, piling it a little higher. Richard, moves his bedroll near the fire, and picks up Sasha's body and lies it down on his bedroll.

"I just hope we can find a healer of some kind, do we have any idea of where a nearby town would be?"

Dexam
2010-05-26, 01:06 AM
"You're the only survivors?!" Isdral looks shocked.

"I just hope we can find a healer of some kind, do we have any idea of where a nearby town would be?"

The young woman shakes her head. "I don't know of any nearby towns; I come from the Northlands and am new to this area. I was in Garrentown with my uncle and cousins, trading in the marketplace. The night that the plague-corpses attacked, we fled Garrentown and made for the mountain passes. However, as the day went on, it showed that they had somehow contracted the affliction. By sunset they were all dead from the illness. I pressed on as best I could, but I think their bodies rose up and began chasing after me. I managed to lose my pursuers in the forest, but I became lost. I've been wandering the woods all night, trying to find either a safe place to rest or a way back to the road, when I heard the sounds of battle and saw the light from your fire." Isdral lets out a huge yawn. "Forgive me... I'm exhausted."

FlamingKobold
2010-05-26, 11:47 PM
OOC

A knowledge (geography) check is in order. Be honest.

DC 10

There aren't that many towns near where you are, besides garrentown.

DC 15

On the opposite side of the mountain range, and about 50 miles passed that, is a small city called Mellansforn

DC 20

The woods between the mountains and Mellansforn are fraught with danger, which is why trading generally occurs via the ocean between there and Garrentown.

DC 25

There is a small, secretive dwarven village on the inside of a valcano in this mountain range, probably no more than ten miles away.

Samm
2010-05-27, 03:23 AM
OOC:

Would knowledge local do the trick?

thorgrim29
2010-05-27, 07:35 AM
Knowledge geography [roll0]

We were going to quarantine ourselves for a while, but if the zombies are here, we have to hurry. If I remember correctly, there's a town about fifty miles past these mountains, we should try to warn them. Also, they can probably help Sasha, and I'm not feeling all that good either, think I have a few broken ribs, and probably a sprained ankle.

Dexam
2010-05-27, 09:39 AM
Knowledge Geography (untrained) [roll0]

Isdral nods, obviously tired. "As much as it's a bad idea to move Sasha while injured, I don't think there's much choice. If these... things are this far, then they may have already spread into the mountains. And being dead creatures, if they don't need to rest, then who knows how far they could have already gone?"

The young woman glances at Thomas's injuries. "You should probably bind those wounds. And if I can get a couple of hours of sleep, I could stand a turn at watch. I'm just weary from running, not injured. You don't mind?"

She unpacks her bedroll and climbs in, and using her cloak as a pillow, is soon fast asleep; though her weapon belt is close at hand.

OOC:
Isdral fled Garrentown during the night of the zombie attack, so she doesn't know that they can't survive daylight.

FlamingKobold
2010-05-27, 07:38 PM
Knowledge (Local) is cool

Samm
2010-05-28, 12:50 AM
Knowledge Local: [roll0]

"I don't know how far they'll get, but I'm glad that they burn in sunlight..."

thorgrim29
2010-05-31, 09:18 PM
Speaking of, I'll take a full watch tomorrow, right now I need to rest more then anything, wake me up if something goes bump. On second thought, don't.

Thomas laughs a bit at his joke, then grabs his ribs and winces in pain. With some help he manages to remove the breastplate and goes to sleep

Samm
2010-06-01, 02:05 AM
"Seeing as I'm fine, I may as well take first watch... Isdral, I think you should take second, if that's okay with you of course."

Richard sits down near the fire, thinking about all the events that have transpired today, his escape from Garrentown, his slaying of the zombie... It's all seemed to happen so quickly...

He keeps a good his eyes open and his ears peeled for danger.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Dexam
2010-06-01, 03:24 AM
Climbing into her bedroll, Isdral nods at Richard. "It's good to know that these zombie creatures can't travel in daylight. Wake me in a couple of hours... I'd stand a turn at watch now, but I'm so tired that I don't trust myself to be able to stay awake."

FlamingKobold
2010-06-01, 11:44 PM
The hours drag on, with the entirety of the cavern smelling like the zombie's carcass. Richard watches for as long as he can, then turns over the duties to Isdral. She remains, watching alertly for another seemingly endless amount of time before she sees daylight coming in faintly from the direction of the entrance.

Samm
2010-06-02, 12:17 AM
Richard wakes up and dons his armour. He eats a small breakfast, and then says to the others waking up, "I guess the night was quiet then wasn't it? Where to now?"

Dexam
2010-06-02, 03:50 AM
After a tense morning on watch, Isdral breathes a sigh of relief and relaxes at the sight of the dawn light. She checks on Sasha to see if her condition has improved at all, then moves down the tunnel to give some oats and water to the cart horses.

Heal check for Sasha: [roll0]

When she returns from those tasks, she sees that Richard is awake and eating some breakfast. She begins to prepare a light breakfast of her own.

"I suppose we put Sasha on a wagon, and make for the mountain passes and on to that town that Thomas mentioned last night." Isdral says in response to Richard's question. She gestures at the bodies of Carn and the large zombie creature. "We should probably do something with those... at the least remove them from this tunnel and search them from anything of use or value - after all, they won't have much more use for it anymore."

Samm
2010-06-02, 04:00 AM
After a tense morning on watch, Isdral breathes a sigh of relief and relaxes at the sight of the dawn light. She checks on Sasha to see if her condition has improved at all, then moves down the tunnel to give some oats and water to the cart horses.

Heal check for Sasha: [roll0]

When she returns from those tasks, she sees that Richard is awake and eating some breakfast. She begins to prepare a light breakfast of her own.

"I suppose we put Sasha on a wagon, and make for the mountain passes and on to that town that Thomas mentioned last night." Isdral says in response to Richard's question. She gestures at the bodies of Carn and the large zombie creature. "We should probably do something with those... at the least remove them from this tunnel and search them from anything of use or value - after all, they won't have much more use for it anymore."

Richard finishes up his breakfast. "Yeah, that's a great idea. Put Sasha in the wagon, search the corpses, and maybe... maybe we could drag them out into the sun, to make sure they don't infect anyone else, as unlikely as that'll be..."

Dexam
2010-06-07, 11:21 PM
Finishing her breakfast, Isdral nudges Thomas with the toe of her boot until he wakes; then goes to help Richard search the bodies and remove them from the tunnel.