PDA

View Full Version : the end of the tunnel

the humanity
2010-04-11, 11:42 PM
well, the team took out the dungeon boss when I forgot about the githyanki's dimension door -_- when he peeked in to mutter about disrupting his sleep.

I want something they haven't seen before, something that would be in a dragon's lair at the end of the tunnel. the big thing is, the dragon is a supervisor for a glassblowing assassins guild with a penchant for lunacy. it should have synergy.

9th level by the way.

Talon Sky
2010-04-11, 11:44 PM
The undead lich of Adolf Hitler riding on a Beholder 10 HD more then it needs to be.

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes, little players, it's a train.

arguskos
2010-04-11, 11:46 PM
The undead lich of Adolf Hitler riding on a Beholder 10 HD more then it needs to be.

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes, little players, it's a train.
This is such amazing overkill and utterly insane, but I love it so much. :smallbiggrin:

Talon Sky
2010-04-11, 11:49 PM
This is such amazing overkill and utterly insane, but I love it so much. :smallbiggrin:

Nah, this is nothing. One of my friends DMed once and the BBEG was Mel Gibson (as seen in South Park). Every time he twisted his own nipples, he healed. Completely.

And his special attack was twisting our nipples, which resulted in a DC Fortitude 30 vs. stunned in agony for three rounds. I'm not kidding, either.

PhoenixRivers
2010-04-11, 11:51 PM
Nah, this is nothing. One of my friends DMed once and the BBEG was Mel Gibson (as seen in South Park). Every time he twisted his own nipples, he healed. Completely.

And his special attack was twisting our nipples, which resulted in a DC Fortitude 30 vs. stunned in agony for three rounds. I'm not kidding, either.

There are masochism spells in the BoVD that would have saved you there.

Stompy
2010-04-11, 11:55 PM
I believe there's a nipple clamp in BoVD that makes you immune to pain effects. :smalleek:

the humanity
2010-04-11, 11:57 PM
given my party considered a hooker loving kobold bard with a bar and a music shop, raised by elves, and with a short temper to the PCs was really unbelievable, Hitler might be a little tough to swallow.

Talon Sky
2010-04-12, 12:03 AM
given my party considered a hooker loving kobold bard with a bar and a music shop, raised by elves, and with a short temper to the PCs was really unbelievable, Hitler might be a little tough to swallow.

Well of course.

Kolbold music is so awful, the hookers would never sleep with him. Come on man, get with it! ;p

the humanity
2010-04-12, 12:06 AM
ah but the party has never heard singing kobolds, so they only know the awfulness of dwarvish sopranos.

Talon Sky
2010-04-12, 12:10 AM
ah but the party has never heard singing kobolds, so the only know the awfulness of dwarvish sopranos.

Well, there you go. Have a troupe of dwarvish sopranos waiting at the end of the tunnel for them, hired as 'entertainment' but turning to defend their employer.

If the PC's play their cards right, they could end up owning their own traveling opera group in 2-3 sessions.

Mindraped ;p

the humanity
2010-04-12, 12:13 AM
I want something they haven't seen before

ah but the party has never heard singing kobolds, so they only know the awfulness of dwarvish sopranos.

if only it was that simple.

Volthawk
2010-04-12, 12:16 AM
if only it was that simple.

Singing kobolds then?

Talon Sky
2010-04-12, 12:16 AM
Adolf Hitler's undead form riding a super-beholder is something they haven't seen before, hence why they won't be able to accept it ^_^

the humanity
2010-04-12, 12:19 AM
o_0

screw it, I'm gonna fill the room with gargoyles.

singing kobold gargoyles.

Talon Sky
2010-04-12, 04:11 PM
o_0

screw it, I'm gonna fill the room with gargoyles.

singing kobold gargoyles.

Playing dwarven instruments? ;p