PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf stats needed

Sydonai
2010-04-12, 01:50 AM
I need the racial statistics of a Dark Elf, not a Drow, a Dhaerow/Ilythiiri. In other words, from when Lolth was still Aruashnee, before the Descent/Sundering(Whatever you want to call it).

This is set in the "Forgotten Realms"3.5, the PC is a Dark Elf that was Imprisoned, after getting hit with a "Temporal Stasis". ......:smalleek:Yeah, this guy is gonna be pretty insane.

Sydonai
2010-04-12, 04:10 PM
Fine, I'll give a little more backstory.

The Dark Elf in question, haven't thought of a name yet, was hit by a 10th-level spell, this was before Mystra's Ban, that effectively trapped him "Outside of time, in the space between spaces".
That is why he is still a Dark-Elf, rather than a Drow, and why he still has 10-level spells prepared.
He was trapped for almost 20'000 year, aware of all that time passing, in what was effectively the Far-Plane, and he has a passenger comiing along for the ride, an advanced Tsochari.
So the first thing he does when he gets free is an epic-level version of "Mindrape"+"Energy Drain", reducing him to first level and leaving him with only a Telkiira and the ten hours worth of memories stored inside.

The Tygre
2010-04-12, 04:40 PM
No, no, that's not the problem at all. It's just that there's so little information about Dark Elves. Heck, the last time they appeared in even Realms Lore was the Lady Penitent trilogy. And can't it be assumed that most of they're abilities carried on to drow anyway?

erikun
2010-04-12, 04:45 PM
I've never seen stats for a Dark Elf before, outside of a few pieces of fiction.* The Forgotten Realms Wiki (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_elf) implies that they are identical to Elves (Eladrin in 4e), which would make sense if they didn't have any of the Drow powers.

Perhaps changing the ability score bonuses around to be more similar to the Drow.

[EDIT]
* Make that: "I've never seen stats for a Dark Elf before, and haven't heard of them outside of a few pieces of fiction." I don't even recall them being mentioned in a sourcebook outside of Drow history.

Yora
2010-04-12, 04:46 PM
In Faerūn, the magical energies of the underdark do all kinds of crazy stuff with creatures. And as drow are the only elven subrace with magical abilities, it seems likely that it was caused by permanent exposure to magical radiations for many generations.
Also, the FRCS states that drow get a +2 bonus to Intelligence and Charisma due to agressive breeding and chronic backstabbing.

So my personal guess would be that drow were pretty much like other elven subraces before they were driven underground.

+2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution
Low-Light vision
Immunity to Sleep
+2 to saves against enchantment effects
+2 to Listen, Search, and Spot
Proficiency with appropriate weapons for Ilythiir

lightningcat
2010-04-12, 04:53 PM
I'd go with the grey elf stats from the MM1. They weren't really any different at that point from the rest of the elf races.

Or if you want a LA go with the basic elf traits
+2 Intelligence and Charisma
+2 racial bonus to spells and spell-like abilities
LA +1

Sydonai
2010-04-12, 06:16 PM
I want a LA-0, and this is set at the end of the second book in the "Daughter of the Drow" trilogy. Liriel Baenre just used rune-magic while at the World-Tree to make her magic light-resistant, and accidentally doing the same for all the Drow. This is the closest thing to Dark-Elven High Magic in a LONG while, and its enough to wake the guy up(Have to think of a name).
He is going to be very p*$$ed off when he figures out what happened during the Descent.

Probably just an Elf with different weapon Proficiencys then?

He is going into Elven High-Mage as soon as possible, still a long way off, but any ideas on getting to that quicker besides finding a Nether Scroll(not going to happen)

He is Chaotic-Nuetral, hates the Dark-Seldarine AND the Seldarine, probably Mystra to. This guy needs a patron deity, and he needs to survive at least until the "War of the Spider Queen" ends.