PDA

View Full Version : Moving, Full Attacking, Magic Items

Darius Rae
2010-04-12, 12:47 PM
Due to a failed attempt to pack enough feats into my scout, i have had to look into other ways to be able to move 10ft as a swift action. The purpose of this is to be able to move to activate skirmish, and then still make a full attack.

Here are the items that I have found so far (all from the MIC):

Skirmisher Boots - 3200gp
-you don't actually move, but you get the an extra attack. Use 2 times per day.

Quicksilver Boots - 3500gp
-Move as a swift action. 2 times per day

Cronocharm of the Horizon Walker - 500gp
- Move half your movement speed as a swift action, 1 time per day

Anklet of Translocation - 1400
-teleport 10ft as a swift action, 2 times per day

There are probably more that do what I want, and that is what I am asking for in addition to other ideas besides cleric with travel devotion too be able to move and make a full attack.

Edit: Fixed Anklet of Translocation's cost, thanks Draz

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-12, 12:52 PM
Technically not a full attack, but it's common for scouts to use Greater Manyshot (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#greaterManyshot) to get multiple skirmish-bearing attacks.

Ranos
2010-04-12, 12:54 PM
What's wrong with those you have listed ? Just get more of them.

Draz74
2010-04-12, 12:59 PM
Key point to notice: Anklet of Translocation is actually about 10 times cheaper than the price you've listed.

Darius Rae
2010-04-12, 01:02 PM
The Anklet is a foot slot item, the Cronocharm is a Neck slot. You can only have one of each, and the Cronocharm must be worn for 24 hours before it works. I could get multiple Anlkets and switch them out after each encounter, but that is kind of lame. I do; however, plan on enchanting the Skirmisher Boots with the Anklet's ability once I have the coin and a willing wizard.

Also, totally taking Greater Manyshot, but Greater Manyshot during a full round attack is ever better.

Ranos
2010-04-12, 01:09 PM
The Anklet is a foot slot item, the Cronocharm is a Neck slot. You can only have one of each, and the Cronocharm must be worn for 24 hours before it works. I could get multiple Anlkets and switch them out after each encounter, but that is kind of lame. I do; however, plan on enchanting the Skirmisher Boots with the Anklet's ability once I have the coin and a willing wizard.

Also, totally taking Greater Manyshot, but Greater Manyshot during a full round attack is ever better.

You can have multiple items in a single slot. It's just that only one can have an effect at a time. Good news: You don't care.
Now since apparently the chronocharms take time to attune, you can't use them like that, but you can just get 5 or 6 anklets and use them up one at a time.

Evil the Cat
2010-04-12, 01:18 PM
You missed my favorite, Belt of Battle.

12000g, 3 charges, and +2 initiative.

Also from MIC

Tinydwarfman
2010-04-12, 01:36 PM
Just by like 5 anklets of translocation and chronocharms and you already have 3 move-full attacks for likely every encounter you may face. I would say get the boots as well, but I can't recall if the anklets take up that slot.

Gametime
2010-04-12, 01:59 PM
If you can make a DC 40 Tumble check reliably, you can move 10 feet with no action every turn. It relies on your DM allowing Oriental Adventures, but it seems like a reasonable request. If it's allowed, investing in boosting Tumble is probably cheaper than buying gads of limited-use items.

Eloel
2010-04-12, 02:10 PM
Obligatory list made by Person Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358)

Person_Man
2010-04-12, 02:35 PM
Here you go (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358).

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-12, 03:12 PM

Sure, if your DM is braindead. Manyshot is a standard action, not an attack action, and Greater Manyshot doesn't change that.