PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] +0 LA Undead

Il_Vec
2010-04-13, 09:46 AM
Do you guys know of any playable undead with +0 LA? If that is not possible, what are the ones with lowest LA and no racial HD?

BRC
2010-04-13, 09:48 AM
Necropolitan from LM, if you strip the fluff away. It's essentailly just "You are an undead now". It dosn't have any LA, but technically the ritual makes you lose a level, so it could be seen as being LA+1

kamikasei
2010-04-13, 09:48 AM
The Necropolitan template from Libris Mortis turns you undead (pretty much just granting you the type and traits with few if any other adjustments) at the cost of a lost level and some additional XP - but they're simply lost, not LA, so can be regained normally.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-04-13, 08:21 PM
In before Ghost Savage Progression (slow TML :smallbiggrin:)

Thurbane
2010-04-13, 09:08 PM
Warforged Incarnate Construct Gravetouched Ghoul? :smalltongue:

Il_Vec
2010-04-13, 10:06 PM
Say What? I mean, care to elaborate?

Thurbane
2010-04-13, 10:26 PM
Warforged is a LA +0 Construct race. The Incarnate Construct template (SS 3.0) is a LA -2 template that would change type to Humanoid. The Gravetouched Ghoul (LM) template is a LA +2 template that changes type to Undead.

Since both IC and GG are inherited templates, the legality of letting the LA -2 apply to the later gained LA +2 depends on when/how the templates are applied. A DM would be free to rule that the LA -2 is lost (as Warforged is LA +0) before Gravetouched Ghoul is applied. If both are applied at the time of character creation, the DM may rule the end result to be LA +0.

Either way, it's quite cheesy. :smalltongue:

End result is:

+2 STR, +2 DEX, - CON, +2 WIS, +2 CHA

Mystic Muse
2010-04-13, 10:29 PM
Necropolitan.

If you're thinking of taking tainted scholar, don't. Just, don't.

Il_Vec
2010-04-13, 10:36 PM
I'd consider it, if I knew what it is. Where can I find him?

Mystic Muse
2010-04-13, 10:41 PM
I'd consider it, if I knew what it is. Where can I find him?

Heroes of horror.

If you're undead you're immune to the negative effects of taint. However, spellcasting is based off of your taint score and you get a point of taint every time you cast a spell. So essentially, you get an extra point of intelligence every single time you cast a spell.

It's one of the most broken PRCs out there and most sane GMs wouldn't allow you to use it.