PDA

View Full Version : Powers Known? (4e)

PersonMan
2010-04-13, 10:02 AM
I've been looking for the numbers of powers known a character gets and can't seem to find it. I think it was located on a table somewhere, but don't remember where. I've been told that they get all known At-Will powers, but...

Hal
2010-04-13, 10:12 AM
Check the table showing experience to next level (should be in the part about building a character). It'll tell you how many At-will, Utility, Encounter, Daily powers you should have at any given level.

XiaoTie
2010-04-13, 10:14 AM
Its on page 29, on the table mentioned on the post above :elan:

TheEmerged
2010-04-13, 10:14 AM
Pretty sure this is in the DMG, let me dig it out...

...yep, page 143 to be exact. Note that this table predates psionic classes (PHB3) and isn't accurate for them.

BTW, most classes get 2 at-will attack powers. Humans get an additional at-will attack power from their class as a racial power, and half-elves get an additional at-will attack power from another class (that they use as an encounter power) as a class feature.

And psionic classes work differently, essentially augmenting their at-will powers.

Mordokai
2010-04-13, 10:23 AM
...and half-elves get an additional at-will attack power from another class (that they use as an encounter power) as a class feature.

Appologies for altering your message a little, but since only the quoted part is relevant to what I have to say I hope you will understand.

Half elves can turn their encounter power to at-will power at level 11 and get another one at level 16, provided they take the right paragon path. And at level 20, they get a stance to use every at-will power known by any ally in burst ten. Not the best thing power wise, but fun as hell and really appropriate fluff wise.

I do love half elves so much :smallbiggrin:

Swordgleam
2010-04-13, 10:58 AM
The only tricky thing about powers known is retraining. Once you get to paragon tier, you start losing lower-level powers any time you get a higher-level one.

But up through lvl 11, just look at the powers in the book, pick two at-wills (+1 for human) and one of everything else your level or lower.

Unless you're a wizard, in which case you get extra utilities and dailies but have to choose at the start of each day which to prepare.