PDA

View Full Version : New Player Training Ground; The A-Team

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-13, 12:44 PM
You enter the guildhall, faces fresh and really for a (hopefully long) life of adventuring. Sitting at a wooden desk in the front room is an older looking man, his beard speckled with hints of gray.

"Ah, you must be the new recruits we were hiring. Come in, come in. My name is Yorick Carpenter, and my color is Cyan. May I get your names for registration and team assignments?

Tutorial: Colors
In a PbP Game, frequently players will assign a color to their character's speech, as to quickly differentiate who is speaking when. To change colors, go up to the down arrow next to the black "A" icon. This will open a tray of colors you can select for a character. After you have selected the color once, the underline of the "A" icon will change to the color, which can then be clicked for easy access.

HunterOfJello
2010-04-13, 01:07 PM
(dibs on navy)

Vathian enters the room scanning it for his possible team members and keeping an eye on things. Once he's gotten a good look at the guildhall, he looks down into the eyes of the older man at the table.

"Name's Vathian Garahast. The information I received led me to believe I'd be placed on Team A."

Staring into the eyes of this older man and reweighing the possible strengths and knowledge he may have, Vathian asks, "Have any of my fellow teammates arrived? I'm anxious for more information about what I've got myself into this time. The rumors about this place are certainly impressive, but are they true?"

Brangaene
2010-04-13, 01:38 PM
Pulling back the hood on her dark robe, what looks to be a young girl brushes a lock of golden speckled, red hair. She glides toward the desk as the one named Vathian speaks. Waiting for her turn in line, she eyes his garb and a soft smile plays across her lips.

Focusing her attention back toward Yorick, she nods and gives a slight curtsey.

“Tryphana Moonhunter. I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I, too, believe that I was assigned to a team, however, I do not think it was the same as this gentleman.”

She turns, nods a greeting to Vathian and finds a chair to patiently wait for the others to arrive.

(( Dark Red ))

Flob
2010-04-13, 02:15 PM
((Dibs on Indigo))
Flob slowly enters the room, looking at his surrounding area for possible threats. After seeing that there is nothing to worry about, he looks for other parts of his team.

Ach, I am Flob Odinson, and my color is indigo. I too have been placed on the A Team... Do you have somewhere I could sit, and could I get a beer by any chance?

Flob looks around and sees Vathian sitting at a table and joins him, in hopes of mabye getting getting to know his companion.

Am I going to be stuck with all these tall types again?

((To the Old Man)) So, what are we doing here Yorick? Do you have a job for us?

Lumina
2010-04-13, 02:31 PM
Dibs on SeaGreen then
Jane:

Jane wanders in lazily with her pack hung over a shoulder in what looks almost like an afterthought.

"Morn' y'all, 'pologize if I'm late."

She then moves over to the older man who looks like he's in charge and gives him a mock salute.

Morn' Sir; I'm 'porting in for Duty!, and my Fav' Color is SeaGreen!; Cuz I like the sea and seafood!. I thin' I was on the team Bee.

Smiling happily to have found a form of employment; and being paid to cause/end trouble, she hopes the rest of her team are fun people to be with.

Flob
2010-04-13, 02:35 PM
((Thoughts, feel free to read, it doesn't really matter.))
Ach, they're ALL HUMANS. Why can't there be another dwarf? Mabye a female dwarf...

Welcome! I believe you are with Tryphana over there. *points across the room to where she is sitting* I wonder where the rest of my group is.

MCerberus
2010-04-13, 02:45 PM
Silas

Slipping in quietly behind another person, Silas walks slowly while observing the surroundings and the others that arrived before him. He takes off his hat and brushes some particles off of the brim using the opportunity to scope out any potential exits.

If there was anything he knew about guilds is that they're all set up to feed on their members. He had little reason to trust any such organization, but by the looks of things something big was going down. Big usually means profitable.

"Silas. It's a fair assumption that you already know more about us than than we all care to have known, so let's proceed onto business."

Moving towards the front of the group, he ends up near the desk.

((I'll take Dark Slate Gray))

Flob
2010-04-13, 02:51 PM
((More thoughts!))
Ach, at this rate, I'll be stuck without any of me dwarven ladies!
*Slightly agravated tone* Welcome my friend! Everybody here, tell me a little bit about yourselves whilst we wait. Also, is that pint going to arrive any time soon?

Brangaene
2010-04-13, 02:58 PM
Tryphana looks over the slowly forming group with much interest. She raises a slender hand, greeting the newcomer and letting her know that, indeed, she is Tryphana and yes, they are on the same team.

Good afternoon, Jane, was it? It is a pleasure to meet you. You look as though you traveled a ways to get here; from where do you hail?

Upon hearing the Dwarf complain about his ale taking too long, she rolls her eyes in mock aggravation and scans the room, hoping to make eye contact with a barmaid.

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-13, 03:24 PM
Right. Yorick says adjusting his papers. According to the information here, there should be two or three more of you guys coming. Anyway, here's the deal. We've received reports from around town that there's some camps of monsters hanging out around the forests attacking travelers on their way to the village. Your groups will split up and take care of these camps, got it? Shouldn't be too difficult just a couple of lousy kobalds and goblins. You can leave once the rest of your teams get here. Any questions? He says with a raised eyebrow.

Flob
2010-04-13, 03:27 PM
((Thoughts))
Get to kill me some green things. I will kill many, so you will have things to slay above, Magnus.

I don't believe we have all of our humans here yet. Also, can I get my pint now?

*Flob eyes the old man warily, noticing that what he just said may have been a small mistake.

Lumina
2010-04-13, 03:37 PM
"Oh; Ay'. Been travel'n fo' what feel like a age of my life. The commun' I'am from didn't have a name; been lost for ages as I trav'led

She takes a stand near tryphana; worried if she sits she might fall asleep again.

Oh; 'bolds & Gobs? Don' they just raid' coops?

Brangaene
2010-04-13, 03:42 PM
Speaking aloud more to herself than Jane or Yorick,

I have no questions, though I do hope that the rest of our group arrives shortly. There is Death in our future, and I do not want to disappoint my Lady.

And I hope at least one of them knows how to read a map, or is at least familiar with the area. I do not venture out into the wilderness all that much anymore....

She closes her eyes, tilts her head toward the heavens and looks to whisper a quick prayer.

With a sigh, she opens her eyes and looks up at Jane. Smiling, she wonders just what this girl is doing here, but welcomes the company.

I have spent most of my years studying, so travel is new to me. Well, this particular type of travel. I have traveled to find knowledge and to bring peace to those who are dying. Not to bring Death to kobolds...

Flob
2010-04-13, 03:44 PM
Ay, most just steal the chickens and such, but some rogue ones like to kill and loot too. Ran into a kobold not a week ago, nearly cut off me arm, the little bugger.

*Flob looks down at a cut on his left arm and winces, remembering the pain.*

Flob
2010-04-13, 03:49 PM
Lass, you'll be gaining knowlege alright, but knowlege of Kobold Killing and Goblin Gutting.
*Flob chuckles at his little joke*.
You better not minde killin' too much, 'else you'll be useles to you're group.
*Flob sits back and waits for whatever is to happen next. Hopefully a pint of beer.*

MCerberus
2010-04-13, 04:05 PM
Silas

While the discussion goes on, Silas keeps an intense gaze on his potential employer, only affording quick glances at the others to gauge reactions.

"She has a point," Silas comments, regarding Jane's comments about the usual behavior of such monsters. "These attacks are sudden, are they not? Two different kinds of monsters. I don't see how this could be random. Now we could just storm off and wipe out the beasts as a temporary solution, but for a bit more incentive we can poke around, see if anything unusual is going on."

With a not-too-wholesome grin on his face, Silas adds, "For the good of the town, of course."

Flob
2010-04-13, 04:10 PM
Rembered something I did. Will we be gettin' money for supplies, or possibly a reward? Maybe some nice dwarf maidens...

Flob trails off as he thinks of home.

Dogmantra
2010-04-13, 04:19 PM
Daran enters, looking slightly worried. "Am I too late?" he asks, "Only I see that people have already started sorting themselves out and I don't even know if I'm supposed to be here. I'm Daran, Daran Karthik."

HunterOfJello
2010-04-13, 05:07 PM
Talking to Flob, It's a pleasure to meet you, master dwarf. Name's Vathian. Most humans aren't too bad once you get to know them. At a quieter tone, although I wouldn't mind some private time with that half-elf lass.

Noticing Daran enter the room, Hello friend. I believe you'll be joining our group for this extermination. To his table, I've heard of small camps of goblins and kobolds in this realm, but rarely of them attacking travelers on the roads. I wonder if they have a profitable enterprise. I doubt the reward for this task is substantial, but at least we'll get the pickings of whatever these pests have stolen off of travelers stupid enough to travel in small groups.

Blue Ghost
2010-04-13, 05:39 PM
A young man in a blue cloak walks into the room.
Greetings, fellows. My name is Acamar. I was called to join group A as the arcane support, was I not?

HunterOfJello
2010-04-13, 07:11 PM
To Acamar You'll be with us then, my friend! I was hoping our merry group might be blessed with a wizard. You seem to be the last of our party, which means we have little reason to stay here much longer.

Turning to the old man at the desk "It seems our group has all arrived. Have you any maps of the area that we could use to locate these pests you spoke of? If not, I'm sure one of us can spare some parchment if you'd be willing to write a simple one down."

Vathian stops speaking for a second and looks off to the side thinking for a moment. Vathian speaks again to the man at the desk That reminds me, are there any survivors of these attacks in town at the moment? The more information we have before we set off the better.

Speaking to the group at his table quietly We should set off with due haste once we have proper information on our goal. The more I think of it, these goblins and kobolds must have quite a fuss to attract this guild's attention. They must have made a nice profit off travelers already and I'd rather see it split between the four ways than eight, if you catch my meaning.

Flob
2010-04-13, 07:17 PM
Ach, sorry, musta' dozed off there for a lil' while
((I actually went to the gym, should've mentioned it, sorry.))
To the A Team Nice to meet you all. I believe that, at the very least, our regiment is all here. I do agree with what Vathian 'as said, we should go lookin' for information 'bout these attacks, though I wouldn' mind just going an' killin' some kobol's.

HunterOfJello
2010-04-13, 07:29 PM
Vathian grins somewhat greedily. A dwarf after my own heart! Hmm, I know a few things about the area that may be useful...

Vathian thinks back on what he knows of the local town, the forests around the area, goblins and kobolds.

Knowledge Check (Local) [roll0]
Knowledge Check (Nature) [roll1]
Knowledge Check (Arcana, goblins) [roll2]
Knowledge Check (Arcana, kobolds) [roll3]

[Hey Kira, I have all the knowledge skills and will probably make the occasional knowledge check. Could I have them sent to me by PM pretty please?]

Acamar, do you know anything about these subjects that may be useful to us?

Blue Ghost
2010-04-13, 07:33 PM
(Humanoids go under Local, not Arcana.)

Acamar tries to remember something of importance about the forest from his studies.

Knowledge (Nature): [roll0]

HunterOfJello
2010-04-13, 07:45 PM
[redoing the rolls since I didn't realize previewing a post screws up the rolls, clarified by Blue Ghost]

Knowledge Check (Local) [roll0]
Knowledge Check (Nature) [roll1]
Knowledge Check (Arcana, goblins) [roll2]
Knowledge Check (Arcana, kobolds) [roll3]

Flob
2010-04-13, 08:15 PM
*Flob dozes off again, due to lack of beer to drink.*

Brangaene
2010-04-13, 09:31 PM
I guess we will follow behind you when the rest of our group arrives.... I wonder who it is we are waiting for.

She scans the room, looks over to Vathian's table and looks back at her own, resting finally upon Jane,and raises an eyebrow. After a moment, her eyes seem to move on to Silas and she asks,

Well, since you have not claimed a side, can I assume that you will be joining Jane and myself on this journey? She pauses, And was your question ever answered? Will there be an 'incentive' for ridding this area of the road from these humanoids?

MCerberus
2010-04-13, 11:04 PM
Silas

Being spoken to, Silas backs off of the desk and their employer to respond. In a less serious cool tone he replies, "They seem full enough so it looks like it. There better be some money in this thing though. Haven't run into many of the little things but..."

After s hort sigh, Silas continues, "If any of the hearsay about them is true there won't be much of value in the scavenging."

Signaling the other group with his hand, Silas loudly alerts the other group.

"Two hours at the tavern. Planning session. Getting drunk."

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-13, 11:47 PM
Aye. Yorick says looking at Silas as he moves towards the door. Planning sounds good. Reports say the groups aren't too dangerous, it's just you know how it is with the commoners, a housecat could sneeze and knock one over. Anyway, there is a reward posted for clearing out the monsters, 300 gold pieces each, after the customary 2% guild fee. Oh, speaking of the fee, there's a stocked bar in back for guildmembers only. There are actual advantages to being in the guild, after all. He says as he takes a look at the parchment pieces in front of him. Wasn't there another one of you "psychic" guys coming?

HunterOfJello
2010-04-14, 03:16 AM
One of those psychic types, eh? Vathian grins. Perhaps he got knabbed by some of these goblins and kobolds you've told us of?

Vathian nudges the sleeping dwarf awake. They have ale in the back. Drink your fill and lets be off.

Vathian stands up, adjusts his armor and sizes up each of his new team members. Lets head out men. We have information to gather and once our friend dwarf becomes properly inebriated and woken up, I suspect he'll be yearning to spill some goblin blood.

Zolkabro
2010-04-14, 03:30 AM
Kroson speaks from behind Vathian, revealing his prescence.
I can assure you, any goblins or kobolds that try to 'knab' me would no longer be a problem to anyone. Well, maybe to their relatives struggling to find all the pieces for burial. Striding towards Team B, he says I believe it is with you my fate is now bound?

((I am currently on holiday, and I spend most of the day on outings. Because of this I do not have very much computer time. After Thursday everything will return to normal, however until then I will not be online very much. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes for the game))

Brangaene
2010-04-14, 08:57 AM
With a scoff, Tryphana replies,

They obviously aren't all that psychic if they cannot keep time.

Her face becomes a little softer, Though I do hope he (or she) is alright...

In the meantime, it may be wise do discuss our own plans. It's always good to go in to these things with a bit of preparation, don't you think? I follow the path of the Stern Lady, Wee Jas, channeling her will, she closes her eyes for a moment and resumes speaking, so I may be able to assist in situations where another may fail. That being said, I am not a fighter by any means...

Startled by the sound of a new voice, Tryphana looks around with wide emerald eyes. Upon seeing that her final teammate has arrived, she sighs in relief.

She stands and extends a hand in greeting.

Well met, good sir. I was beginning to fear that these kobolds had hit closer to home than we desired. We have been told that you are a psychic of sorts. I believe that your skills will be welcomed!

MCerberus
2010-04-14, 10:17 AM
Silas

Guild fee... right. Of course I should have expected this from the beginning, Silas thinks as the cheerful guildmaster tries to placate the group with a private bar. A small frown comes across his face when he realizes that there's no way he could drink 18 gold in drinks right before travel.

Seeing the last of the group arriving, he glances over the man while turning to address him.

"So, to fill you in: Kobolds and Goblins, 300 gold for destroying some camps. We've got implied scavenge rights as well, and that's good enough for me."

Brangaene
2010-04-14, 11:03 AM
To both Yorick and Silas, Tryphana wonders aloud

Now, would that be 300 gold per adventurer? I cannot imagine a few goblins and kobolds being quite that dangerous. And if they are, I think we may need a few more people to join us. She grins playfully.

Oh! That sounded greedy, I am sure. No matter what the reward, I'm sure it will help my Church in great ways.

Lumina
2010-04-14, 11:48 AM
Jane stands there; jaw agape as the idea of holding more than 50 gold ever runs through her mind.

Zolkabro
2010-04-14, 11:50 AM
Shall we be off then? Any goblin or kobold who dares harm innocent citezens should me slaughtered immediately. However, before we set off, could we introduce ourselves, so that we all know the power at our disposal? I am Kroson, Elan Psion, of the Kineticist Disipline. You are?

Lumina
2010-04-14, 12:26 PM
Jane Peasant:
Jaw still agape and mind running fast; she looks towards Kroson who has started talking and stares blankly for a second before responding.

"Oh..uh..Jane" She stammers out, "I umm..Fight?", to which she shows you her fists; the knuckles well worn and slightly stained a blackened reddish hue easily noticeable as what was once blood.

Zolkabro
2010-04-14, 01:05 PM
With your bare hands? That's a brave thing to do. Kroson said. He then turned to his other teamates, and said, What about you? I'm hoping the rest of our noble team is more intelligent that the lovely Jane here.

MCerberus
2010-04-14, 01:08 PM
Silas

"Well you'd be surprised what kind of expenses you can rack up after or between outings. ' Know a guy that sold off some magic gem he found and was broke after two weeks," Silas remarks to Tryphana. Then to nobody in particular he exclaims over his shoulder as he moves towards the promised bar.

"Can't pass up a good thing here, not a good idea to go out but first thing in the morning either."

Flob
2010-04-14, 01:38 PM
Hurgle...Furg....Durd...
Says Flob as he wakes up. Did I hear mention of beer?
*He saunters off over towards the bar and returns with a pint of beer*
Well me lads, I'm ready when'ver you are.

Zolkabro
2010-04-14, 01:57 PM
So, where are these villainous creatures? I think it is time they met their defeat.

((What do we do now, Kira? How do we go and find them or whatever?))

Brangaene
2010-04-14, 02:06 PM
Smirking at the narcoleptic Dwarf, Tryphana passes on the nectars at the bar and reintroduces herself,

I am sorry, I did not realize that you were not hear for the earlier introductions. I am called Tryphana and I follow the way of the Guardian of Death. It has been my calling to bring guidance to those at Her door. This, however, is my first venture outside of the Church walls. I am quite looking forward to learning more about how all of this works, and bringing that knowledge back to the other students.

((The others may notice that she speaks without much emotion, though her passion for her duties is clear.))

I am ready to begin this journey, and hope we might be on our way soon.

She looks to the window, and back at the group.

((Time check?))

Flob
2010-04-14, 02:11 PM
Ach, lass, it seems you've lived a cloistered life. Have a little fun once (pronounce oo-nce) in a while.
*Flob attempts, at the very least, to force a pint on here*
I 'ave lived the normal dwarven life, defended my 'ome and such. Nae' very interestin'.
*Flob goes back to his seat with his new pint he grabbed whilst grabbing one for Tryphana.*

Zolkabro
2010-04-14, 02:14 PM
Kroson gave Tryphana a worried look. Does that mean you have never been in a fight before? If so, perhaps for now the heavy fighting is not for you. I was greatly disturbed by the blood and guts in my first battle. But now, I have no sickness of battle. I hope it is not long before you are the same. Does your deity grant you the powers of healing?
Here he says, handing her some beer. Have some of this. Afterwards, we shall be off.

((Have to go now. Sorry.))

Flob
2010-04-14, 02:17 PM
Kroson, I'm nae' sure wha' yur tryin' to pull 'ere, but I believe I jus' gave 'er a pint.
*Due to Flob's low weight, he's already slurring his speach*

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-14, 02:23 PM
The reports the guild has indicate that the attacks have been happening about a mile outside the west and north gates to town. Yorick says, handing each team a map

Team A:
The map shows a small circle in a forest just outside the north gate to the town.

Team B:
The map shows a mark near a forest cliff just outside the west gate to the town.

Flob
2010-04-14, 02:31 PM
*Flob looks up, suddenly invigorated and sober*
We can go now? Come, let us Gut the Gobs and Bifricate the 'Bolds!
*Flob walks over to the doorway after retrieving the map, waiting for his A Team comrades.*

Dogmantra
2010-04-14, 04:49 PM
"Suppose we had better get moving then," says Daran, turning to the other team, "good luck."

HunterOfJello
2010-04-14, 04:50 PM
Vathian walks with Flob just outside of the doors of the building and onto the street. He looks at the map with Glob to pinpoint the area they will be heading towards. Sounds like a good enough idea. He scans the street for any signs of a local tavern.

Vathian then turns back towards Yorick and asks, Is there anything else we should know about before we head off? While kobolds are fond of nasty surprises, I most assuredly am not.

Flob
2010-04-14, 06:53 PM
*Flob makes sure all his armor is properly adjusted, takes count of everything in his bag, makes sure he has his shield, and puts his hand on his weapon.*

I'll be back, my dear sweet beer.
For though you make some leer,
your point is clear.
To bring those who drink you cheer.
*Flob looks around at those who stare with a somewhat crazy grin.

((Jellow, it's Flob, not Glob))
Edit: DM EYES ONLY
((I give control of Flob to the DM for the time being. Basic combat strategy; charge into combat with shield in one hand, axe in the other, do my best to defend my comrades. Will hold off enemies while the others escape if needed.))

Blue Ghost
2010-04-14, 06:55 PM
Acamar shoots a haughty, disdainful glance at the drunken dwarf.
If all is ready, let us head off north.

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-14, 07:38 PM
Group A:

In about 10 minutes time, you find yourselves on the north gate to to town. As you cross over the wooden bridge leading out of the city, you see a country road weaving north into the forest beyond.
Spot Checks. (To roll a spot check, roll 1d20+X, where X is your Spot skill modifier, located under skills. In a forum game, the DCs of the spot are sometimes laid out, as below, and sometimes PMed to the people that made it. It's common courtesy to not look into spot/listen checks you didn't make.)

Spot Check DC 17:
A ways down the road, you see a horse-drawn cart approaching, likely a noble. Suddenly, from out of the bushes a few arrows are fired, dropping the horse. Then, two small figures jump out and attack the wagon. You estimate it will take about 20 seconds to reach the scene, if you run.

Flob Spot Check, as requested:
[roll0]

HunterOfJello
2010-04-14, 07:58 PM
Vathian makes the suggestion while traveling out of the city that Flob take the front position while Vathian takes the rear guard. Vathian also asks both Acamar and Daran about themselves and their combat capabilities.

Spot Check [roll0]
Listen Check [roll1]

While the group is talking Vathian spots the events taking place ahead on the road. F%*#ing vermin! They're attacking that coach up ahead. Arm yourselves men. Flob take point. We better hurry before they can run away.

Vathian starts running forward with the group while keeping his eyes open for anything ahead.

[Hey kira, want us to roll initiative and start combat? Also, should we do rolls for non-specific spot checks and initiative ourselves or let you do it for the individuals in the group? I don't know what the normal etiquette is on pbp.]

Flob
2010-04-14, 08:55 PM
*Flob starts sprinting towards the carriage, hurling curses at the kobolds as he draws his axe.*

((Kira, your going to have to take over again, I have no time in the morning to update this.))

Blue Ghost
2010-04-14, 09:33 PM
Spotting...

[roll0]

Acamar doesn't see what the others see, but he heeds Vathian and starts running forward as well, drawing his crossbow as he does so.

Brangaene
2010-04-14, 10:13 PM
Tryphana looks at the two mugs at her table and smiles politely, looking up at the men

Thank you kindly, gentlemen. I do not drink unless a celebration is in order. Unfortunately, we have no reason to celebrate as of yet.

She stands, gathering her belongings so that she will be ready to step out of the guildhall.

Kroson, I hate to disappoint you, but no, I have not been in many battle situations. And no, my Goddess does not allow me to heal my charges. However, I do not want you to misunderstand - She does allow me to pray for those types of spells. I just need some time to perform them.

Tryphana stands and finishes straightening her leathers.

MCerberus
2010-04-14, 10:23 PM
Silas

After getting a bit buzzed from a few shots of the more expensive fare to be found, Silas turns his attention to the map given to his group by the guild representative.

Planting the thing on a flat surface and taking out a piece of chalk, Silas comes up with a plan of action.

"Now I may be a bit fuzzy..."

"So we keep it simple. The cliff is obviously a great barrier to pen them in."

Silas draws a semicircle around the non-cliff side and an arrow towards the camp.

"Get as close as we can before attacking. Push the camp, encircle, cut 'em down. Everyone ready to head out?"

Zolkabro
2010-04-15, 02:00 AM
Then lets go!
Kroson heads out to the west gate, then turns to face his comrades. Well, come on! he says, and peers towards the cliffs, trying to see movement in the woods outside the city.

Spot:
1d20

Lumina
2010-04-15, 08:51 AM
Jane Peasant:

She follows the psion after shouldering her pack once again, taking her sai into hand once they leave the city limits and moving her pack to be easily able to drop it.

She trys to stay a beside; if not infront of the psion; as he seems to know the way.

MCerberus
2010-04-15, 10:33 AM
Silas

With someone contented to take the front, Silas stays a few feet back and keeps a wary eye on the path that they're following. If he were the goblins, he'd keep moving the camp, using the old ones as bait, a proposition that doesn't seem too far fetched at this point.

Silent for now, he keeps his bow in hand just in case.

Brangaene
2010-04-15, 11:01 AM
Pleased with the fact that the group seems to be on it's way, Tryphana reaches to her neck and pulls her holy symbol out from under her robe and makes sure her dagger and crossbow are within reach. She takes note of the marks Silas has put on their map, and puts her faith in Kroson, who seems more than happy to take point.

I wonder if he will be able to 'sense' the little buggers...

She follows them out of the gate, watching for any hint of action, with Silas behind her.

Brangaene
2010-04-15, 11:10 AM
If needed

Spot [roll0] +4
Listen [roll1]+4

Lol.. I see my shoe

Zolkabro
2010-04-15, 11:20 AM
((Reposting my Spot check, because I must have made a mistake with the code, and it didn't work last time))
[spoiler]
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Lumina
2010-04-15, 12:17 PM
Jane:
Spot & Listen:

spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Zolkabro
2010-04-15, 12:30 PM
I wonder if he will be able to 'sense' the little buggers...

No, Tryphana, I cannot, so be watchful. And yes, I did just read your mind.

Brangaene
2010-04-15, 01:24 PM
She trips on her steps upon hearing Kroson's words, but regains her composure. With a touch of mock sarcasm, she rolls her eyes,

Faaaantaastic...

She makes a mental note to learn to control her thoughts, and then sighs, knowing that he probably just heard that, too...

This is going to be tough.

Flob
2010-04-15, 01:39 PM
Initiative for Group A fight
[roll0] Flob's Initiave.

Zolkabro
2010-04-16, 08:27 AM
((How do we know if our spot and listen checks were high enough to find the goblins?))

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-16, 09:43 AM
OoC: I'll mention if you find anything, speaking of which:

DC 14 Spot Check Group B:
Along the path a little ways out from the city, near the mountain cliff, you see a small string going across the road.

Group A: Monster init:
[roll0]

HunterOfJello
2010-04-16, 12:18 PM
Vathian charges forward attacking the nearest goblin (or "small figure")while keeping his eyes and ears open for any more goblins in the forest.

[[Are we going to be doing battles off of some sort of basic map?]]

(If Vathians charge of 8 spaces is close enough to reach a goblin he attacks while scanning the area for any hidden goblins in the forest. If he isn't close enough then he moves towards the goblins for 8 spaces while scanning the area for hidden goblins.)

rolls

Charge Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

-2 AC for rest of turn due to charge

spot[roll2]
listen[roll3]

*edit*

haha rolled a 1, this should be amusing

Flob
2010-04-16, 01:29 PM
*Flob draws his weapon and charges the kobolds or goblins or what have you.
If not close enough to charge, full round action until I'm 10 feet away from the nearest one. If not that, move as far as possible.*
Rolls.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]
-2 AC until the end of the round, down to 16 AC.
Edit 2: Just realized that I power attacked. Extra +1 to damage, so thats 14 slashing damage, I think.

Edit: ((Damn, those are some sweet roles. Now all I need are some sweet-rolls.))

Blue Ghost
2010-04-16, 02:38 PM
Acamar nocks a bolt on his crossbow and positions himself to take a shot.

((Do we have a map?))

Flob
2010-04-16, 08:55 PM
((I hate to break this lack of posting thing going on here, but where is that last guy on our team who needs to post what he's doing? Kira, would you particularly mind taking a turn for him, or is that not cool?))

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-16, 09:07 PM
((Unfortunately, I don't have access to making a map. Also, The page wasn't updating on my subscriptions. Also, I'll give it 24 hours for a turn, as Zolkabro's several hours off time zone wise. I'll be running maps via description.))

Flob's attack strikes true, cleaving one of the goblins in half as he passes. However, Vathian misses as he swings at the other goblin there. There is still one goblin standing there, and you can see one more in the bushes with a bow.

Flob
2010-04-16, 09:13 PM
*Flob charges the goblin in the bushes if it's close enough. If not, he charges the other goblin. If the secound goblin isn't close enough, he starts running towards the first goblin. Color coded for your convenience!*

One down, two to go. GUTTIN' THE GOBS!!!
*Flob yells in a way that could only be described as drunkenly, raging happy.*

Rolls

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damg. roll: [roll1]

Blue Ghost
2010-04-16, 09:20 PM
(I'll PM Dogmantra. He's been on, but I don't know why he hasn't been posting.)

Acamar sighs in disgust at the dwarf's antics. He takes aim and fires a bolt at the goblin in the bushes before reloading.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Blue Ghost
2010-04-16, 09:21 PM
(That's a threatened, crit, isn't it?)

Crit confirmation:

[roll0]

Additional damage if confirmed: [roll1]

Dogmantra
2010-04-16, 09:29 PM
Daran focuses his emotions, and directs a burst of mental energy towards the nearest creature.

Whoopsie, I thought I'd posted.
-1 power point, [roll0] damage, will negates. Save is DC 14

HunterOfJello
2010-04-16, 10:08 PM
Vathian attacks the goblin in front of him again.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

HunterOfJello
2010-04-17, 09:54 PM
[[Since we're still waiting for the goblin's turn, Vathian does a spot and listen check to see if anyone inside the carriage is hurt or still alive.]]

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-18, 03:22 PM
((Sorry this is taking so long, guys, this has been a rough weekend. I promise I'll be posting more frequently from here on out, as everything is for the moment under control.))

Vathian:
Inside the carriage, there appears to be a small amount of movement, and you manage to see someone duck back down under the carriage's window.

The goblins are swiftly dispatched by the team's surprise attack, and fall to the ground dead. Taking a more thorough look at the goblin's weaponry, it seemed to be made of wood, no more than props to frighten travelers enough on a dark night. The goblins seemed to have gotten greedy, attacking in midday like this.

HunterOfJello
2010-04-18, 04:28 PM
Vathian takes a look at the goblin's weapons and is surprised that they consist of merely wooden clubs and bows and arrows. This is strange for goblins to be attacking with such weak weapons. It's as if they have little intention of killing at all.

Vathian looks down at the goblins near him and attempts to search the bodies for any more clues. He also inspects them and tries to remember if he knows anything specific about this specific look of goblin.

Search [roll0]
Knowledge (local) [roll1]

Once finished, he looks back at the horse-drawn coach. I think I saw movement inside.

Vathian returns his weapon to his side and knocks politely on the carriage door. Hello there! Are you alright? Has anyone been harmed?

Flob
2010-04-18, 05:56 PM
*Flob ponders on how wooden arrows alone could bring down a horse*
Ay, carriage people, it looks safe. Come on out.
*Flob goes out and starts to search the woods near the attack to see if there are more goblins.*
Spot check/Listen check/Search

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:1d20]
Search:[roll1]

*Flob keeps his guard up as he searches, just in case he is attacked or sees something to kill.*

Flob
2010-04-18, 05:58 PM
Re-roll on messed up listen:

Listen: [roll0]

Blue Ghost
2010-04-18, 06:01 PM
Acamar calls after Flob: Are you really going to wander around in these woods by yourself, dwarf?
He picks up the goblin weapons. Very intriguing. I do wonder what the vermin were doing?

Flob
2010-04-18, 08:14 PM
Jus' makin' sure there ain't any more, laddy. Dun want to be ambushed, now do we?

*If Flob finds nothing, he goes back to the group. If he finds more goblins/kobolds, he will engage them in combat.*

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-21, 09:06 AM
Hmm? W-who's there? a frightened voice speaks from out of the wagon. A older, balding man in a expensive (and somewhat ridiculous looking) magenta outfit steps out of the carriage with his hands in the air. Please, bandits, don't hurt me.

HunterOfJello
2010-04-21, 03:16 PM
Hello, good sir. You can lower your hands. You have nothing to worry about from us. We are concerned citezins who have banded together to take care of the local goblin problem. I myself am a cleric of the god of roads who could not sit back idly while travel in this area was halted by these vermin.

You seem to be unharmed by the attack, is anyone in your party harmed or do you know of any reason why the goblins have come after your specific carriage?

small Bluff [roll0]
Sense Motive [roll1]
quick search of the carriage while the door is open
[roll2]

Vathian trys to put on a kind face while sizing up the strangely dressed man. An old man with his hands in the air makes Vathian uncomfortably think of all the wizards he met in his youth.

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-23, 10:37 PM
Sense Motive on the Bluff:
[roll0]

Thank the gods you've come! The man says, giving a small awkward symbol (which you suppose to be a sad, silly attempt at a holy sign.) I'm Regias von Tellias, a noble travveling home from summer abroad with my daughter.

From inside the carriage, you see a young girl, popping her head out of the door. Father, is everything alright?

Edit: Knowledge Religion roll deleted on the grounds of him not calling the bluff to begin with.

Flob
2010-04-24, 08:33 AM
*Flob returns from the surrounding wood, obviously not having found anything*
'Ello sir, I am Flob Odinson. If I ma' be upfront, do ya' know why those gob's 'tacked you?
*Flob looks the man up and down for injuries, and does his best to see the child.*

Spot check for man: [roll0]
(Heal check if spot check isn't whats needed): [roll1]
Spot check for child: [roll2]

HunterOfJello
2010-04-24, 01:55 PM
A journey abroad with your daughter? Good sir, you are the best of fathers! The god of roads has surely brought us here for the purpose of securing a safe end to your journey. I am sure of it.

Where have you been traveling m'lord? Fharlanghn must have a greater messsage for all of us in this encounter. This is cannot be mere coincidence.

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-30, 04:12 PM
Ah, I seem to be fine. Regias says, patting himself down to confirm his words. My driver, William, however, is badly injured. He's been a loyal man for many years, and I would hate to see him die so close to town. Would you be able to help him, good cleric? As for your question, Sir Glob, I suspect it is because the goblins saw a carriage, and thought there would be some ignorant noble within who they could easily intimidate for money. They didn't expect to see a group of adventurers coming, that's for sure!

Flob
2010-04-30, 07:39 PM
Aye, lucky were 'ere. I cannae do anyting for your driver, but I think Vathian can. 'eal the man a'fore he dies, will ya? By the way, it's Flob, with and "F". Nae' a "G".
*Flob looks slightly disgruntled at having his name mispronounced yet again.*

HunterOfJello
2010-05-02, 02:08 AM
[[Sorry guys, I didn't see this thread update at all.]]

Vathian walks over to William and pulls out some spare bandages. He attempts to provide some basic first aid which takes a few minutes.

Heal (DC 15) [roll0]

Once he is done, he steps back and casts a Cure Light Wounds spell sacrificing his Bless spell memorized for the day. Vathian whispers, "In the name of god of magic, whom I serve, I cure thy wounds that you may live and prosper."

Cure Light Wounds [roll1]

~

Vathian takes a good long look at the man as he watches the positive energy cure the man and his bleeding stop. Your driver should be fine if he can return to town and get a few days rest. The bleeding has stopped and his wounds should recover completely in time.

Vathian turns back to the elderly gentleman. Will you be staying in town long? If our adventure is successful, I would like to check up on him in a few days time. These goblins were unlikely to have been using poison, but you can never be too sure.

Dogmantra
2010-05-02, 02:33 AM
Daran keeps his mouth shut, looking at the men, wondering what he can do to help.

HunterOfJello
2010-05-02, 05:01 AM
[[You do have +7 to Bluff, that puts you in a position to roleplay easily.]]

Blue Ghost
2010-05-02, 05:24 PM
Acamar is also keeping his mouth shut, letting the cleric do the talking. He examines the goblins' weapons thoughtfully.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-06, 09:39 AM
Blue Ghost, search check on the weapons/equipment

Blue Ghost
2010-05-06, 05:54 PM
Ah, got it.
[roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-10, 09:13 PM
Blue Ghost:
The weapons you find are made of wood, but whittled to a reasonably sharp point/edge. The weapons are far more fragile than weapons made of steel, but cheaper to produce and still capable of dealing lethal damage. You find three such swords, a crude bow, and a quiver of wooden arrows.