PDA

View Full Version : Is there a feat that...

Ixahinon
2010-04-13, 07:31 PM
allows a creature with an ability that requires that creature touching the target, to channel that ability through his weapon?

Example. Lich Touch through a Lich's staff.

Keld Denar
2010-04-13, 07:36 PM
Necrotic Focus weapon enchant? MIC 39. Its a +3 equiv

Only works with ability focus and energy drain though, not a lich's paralytic touch.

Ixahinon
2010-04-13, 07:39 PM
Ahh..I thought a Lich's paralytic touch was an ability focus. Regardless, that is exactly what I'm looking for. Thought it was in the form of a feat, though. Regardless, it will work.

EDIT: Or not..that is ability focus or level drain. I need something to channel an ability though the weapon. Ghoul's Paralysis may be a better example?

Keld Denar
2010-04-13, 07:42 PM
There is nothing printed in any WotC 3.5 source that I'm familiar with. That was about as close as I could think.

Ixahinon
2010-04-13, 07:46 PM
Damnation! Then I am at an impass. I suppose Magic Fang would work in a fix..but that's so damn expensive.

Brendan
2010-04-13, 07:59 PM
refluff ki focus to <insert ability here> channeling and add another +1 to it and you should be good.

Escheton
2010-04-14, 02:03 AM
adding power to a lich's touch...are you sure?
between that and spectral hand...ouch

JeminiZero
2010-04-14, 02:16 AM
Damnation! Then I am at an impass. I suppose Magic Fang would work in a fix..but that's so damn expensive.

Maybe try an Amulet of Mighty Blows instead? Although its still 3 times the price of normal weapon enhancements.

Saintheart
2010-04-14, 02:24 AM
All I got is the Duskblade class feature to channel spells through weapons, around level 5 IIRC. Beyond that, zip. :smallfrown:

Panigg
2010-04-14, 04:06 AM
http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Smiting_Spell

T.G. Oskar
2010-04-14, 05:23 AM
The problem here is that the lich's paralyzing touch is a supernatural attack, so Smiting Spell and the like wouldn't affect it. Oddly, neither Tome of Magic (Pact Magic section) nor Libris Mortis can help you on that.

Still, it's not a bad idea to check on the other feats (Improved Paralysis, Contagious Paralysis) for extra punch.

Say, maybe Libris Mortis has a spell that works for that purpose? Either that or Lords of Madness, but that'd be too consuming: that, or Heroes of Horror.

Panigg
2010-04-14, 07:28 AM
Oh, thought he was talking about a spell.

Person_Man
2010-04-14, 09:11 AM
There's Contagious Paralysis (Libris Mortis pg 25). Anyone who touches someone that you paralyze with an extraordinary or supernatural ability must Save or be paralyzed as well. I used it with a with Freezing the Lifeblood and Knockback to turn my enemies into paralyzing bowling balls. But a Lich or Ghost or someone with an undead graft could always use it with their paralyzing touch and Knockback (or Hulking Hurler) for the same effect. I know that it's not quite what you're looking for, but it's in the ballpark.