PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Essence 10 Charms, You Say?

The Demented One
2010-04-13, 11:15 PM
New Keywords

Borgstromantic: Charms with the Borgstromantic keyword may have ambiguous wordings or effects. Should a situation ever arise such that the results or resolution of a Borgstromantic Charm cannot be determined by using the rules of Exalted, any player present may submit his own interpretation of how the situation should be handled. They must then roll the Essence of their character (the Storyteller, while he does not play any single character, always rolls ten dice). The winning player's interpretation is deemed correct for the remainder of the scene. Should any player be Jenna Moran, they automatically win the roll-off, as a Diegesis effect, but she may substitute another player's interpretation for her own if she decides that she likes it better.

Diegesis: Charms with the Diegesis keyword are capable of affecting the real world. They may target or affect players, the rules of Exalted or other games, and any statement made by White Wolf Games staff or freelancers.

Omnipresent Protagonist Stye
Cost: –
Mins: Integrity 10, Essence 10
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Borgstromantic, Diegesis
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Golden Shovel Meditation

The Solar Exalted are heroes of Creation–and of all other worlds. A character with this Charm may be used in any game, not just Exalted. Their traits are not converted into the rules of the system in which they are played–they still use Exalted's rules, referring to the Borgstromantic keyword to handle any difficulties in interpreting the results of this.

Rulebook-Revising Technique
Cost: 20m, 1wp
Mins: Linguistics 10, Essence 10
Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Borgstromantic, Diegesis
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: My Word Is Canon

The Solar Exalted are tired of waiting for Dreams of the First Age to get errata. This Charm is a dramatic action to break the fourth wall, and the Solar rolls (Intelligence + Linguistics) at a difficulty of 10. If his player is a freelancer for White Wolf Games, this roll instead automatically succeeds, as a Diegesis effect. If the Solar's roll succeeds, he may choose any printed rules text of the Exalted game. Official errata and statements made by White Wolf Games staff or freelancers are considered game rules as well. The Solar's player may revise the rule as he wishes, editing it or deleting it entirely. Alternatively, he may choose to create an entirely new rule. Changes to the rules of the game made by this Charm last for the duration of the chronicle.

Game-Transcending Apotheosis
Prerequisites: Essence 10, Silver Solar Hero

The Lunar Exalted are finally going to get their hands on Sidereal Martial Arts, damn it. A Lunar with this Knack may perform a sacred hunt to take the Heart's Blood of a player, as a Diegesis effect. Doing so is a dramatic action in which the Lunar's player must punch the target of the hunt in his face. Once the Lunar has successfully acquired the Heart's Blood of a player, he may shapeshift into them, allowing them to make his own character to continue interacting with the game of Exalted. Refer to the Borgstromantic keyword to handle any difficulties in interpreting the results of a character within the game playing it.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-13, 11:36 PM
Did you consider getting therapy for your drug addiction? Cause these ideas are not the product of a non-stoned mind.

Sereg
2010-04-13, 11:54 PM
Lol!

I believe that from it's description, Game-Transcending Apotheosis requires the Borgstromantic keyword. It also needs the Diegesis keyword if it's the player rather than the character whoose heart-blood is required.

Of course, I may be wrong, I'm still learning the rules of Exalted.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-14, 12:00 AM
Knacks don't have keywords.

The Demented One
2010-04-14, 12:08 AM
Did you consider getting therapy for your drug addiction? Cause these ideas are not the product of a non-stoned mind.
Kids, say no to drugs! Going without real sleep for two weeks is the only high I need.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-14, 05:56 PM
Send these to Borgstrom!

The Demented One
2010-04-14, 05:57 PM
Send these to Borgstrom!
Noooooooooooooo. That would be like asking the hottest girl in school out on a date, except times a thousand and also you're on fire. Acid fire!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-04-14, 06:03 PM
Noooooooooooooo. That would be like asking the hottest girl in school out on a date, except times a thousand and also you're on fire. Acid fire!

Chicks dig the acid fire, especially Essence 10 Raksha chicks.

The Tygre
2010-04-14, 08:54 PM
I'm just letting you know, these aren't going into the compendium. They're kind of underpowered compared to the other Essence 10 charms.

Primal Fury
2010-04-14, 09:10 PM
I'm with Tygre on this one. Ominpresent Protagonist Style is clearly only Essence 5.

The Demented One
2010-04-15, 04:13 PM
I'm just letting you know, these aren't going into the compendium. They're kind of underpowered compared to the other Essence 10 charms.
:P

I think these are the best-balanced charms I've ever made.

The Tygre
2010-04-15, 05:11 PM
Bah! Essence 10 isn't about balance! It's about summoning an army of mechs out of nothing and then teaching them an attack to rip armies of Sidereals and Terrestrials apart! It's about waving your hand and having every artifact under 3 dots appear at your side! It's about being an omniscient god-city of pure Essence! It's about being an Infernal who redeemed himself so completely that Malfeas is now good! IT'S ABOUT KICKING REASON TO THE CURB AND DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE!

Eldan
2010-04-15, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure I get the wording on Game-transcending Apotheosis...
The lunar shapeshifts into the player, then makes a new character? So, the character gets out of the game, then plays the game himself? Or the player makes a second character? Or the punched player makes a new character?

The Demented One
2010-04-15, 07:36 PM
Bah! Essence 10 isn't about balance! It's about summoning an army of mechs out of nothing and then teaching them an attack to rip armies of Sidereals and Terrestrials apart! It's about waving your hand and having every artifact under 3 dots appear at your side! It's about being an omniscient god-city of pure Essence! It's about being an Infernal who redeemed himself so completely that Malfeas is now good! IT'S ABOUT KICKING REASON TO THE CURB AND DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE!
Heh. I know something you don't know...

I'm not sure I get the wording on Game-transcending Apotheosis...
The lunar shapeshifts into the player, then makes a new character? So, the character gets out of the game, then plays the game himself? Or the player makes a second character? Or the punched player makes a new character?
The Luanr shapeshifts into a player. Since players can't be characters in the game, duh, the Lunar makes himself a character sheet so that he can keep playing the game.

The Tygre
2010-04-15, 07:58 PM
Yeah... well... TELL ME. TELL ME NOW.

tonberrian
2010-04-15, 08:38 PM
I want to use Rulebook-Revising Technique simply for the line, "Screw the rules, I have Essence 10!"

Tavar
2010-04-15, 08:59 PM
You can finally make You've Ruined Everything, Forever, and make like it should be.

The Demented One
2010-04-15, 10:35 PM
You can finally make You've Ruined Everything, Forever, and make like it should be.
:smallbiggrin:

I've actually used it in an actual campaign.