PDA

View Full Version : new psion character level 13

deephelldragon
2010-04-14, 06:56 AM
Im trying to become a psion my stats are 18 16 17 14 18 17 im hoping that you guys have some good ideas.

kamikasei
2010-04-14, 06:58 AM
Nice stats.

Who else is in the party? What sources are available? Any houserules in effect?

What sort of character do you want to be?

Yora
2010-04-14, 06:59 AM
As a psion 14 in Str and 18 in Int.

Then it would be a good idea to decide on your dicipline.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-14, 07:01 AM
Im trying to become a psion my stats are 18 16 17 14 18 17 im hoping that you guys have some good ideas.

:smalleek: Mega Stats.

What discipline you going for?

deephelldragon
2010-04-14, 07:03 AM
all books are availible there is no house rule to prohibit any race/class so anything is go we have a thief 2 fighters and a combat medic.

deephelldragon
2010-04-14, 07:06 AM
ill have to get back to you on the discipline because im at school and my book is at home so if you just want to pick a discipline then go ahead.

Optimystik
2010-04-14, 07:09 AM
Start with the Psion Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1036.0) and come back with any questions you have.

kamikasei
2010-04-14, 07:11 AM
ill have to get back to you on the discipline because im at school and my book is at home so if you just want to pick a discipline then go ahead.

Well, it's your character. What do you want from her? Telepath (for control) or Kineticist (for blastoise) with Expanded Knowledge: Astral Construct could both be solid and fit well with the other characters.

deephelldragon
2010-04-14, 07:13 AM
i would like it to be more of a telepath person

alisbin
2010-04-14, 09:04 AM
if your going telepath, then you want the thrallherd PrC, spec yourself heavily for control and manipulation (which your awesome at) then build your thrall to cover the areas you're weak in (blasting, particularly anti-mind-effecting-immune). alternatively, you could go for another style of thrall, but regardless i strongly recommend that your thrall be psionic, as long as one of you has power points left you'll still have access to all the powers the two of you have.

and yeah, awesome stats.

deephelldragon
2010-04-14, 09:25 AM
thank you when i get home i will look at what you said and will see if it is the best but im pretty sure i will take that one thank you all for everything any more ideas would help me alot.

Draz74
2010-04-14, 10:16 AM
You don't necessarily want Thrallherd. It's strong, but Telepath without it is strong too.

Here are some of the "basic" feats that most Psions want to take:

Overchannel
Talented
Psionic Meditation
Expanded Knowledge*
Psicrystal Affinity
Psicrystal Containment
Quicken Power

*As many times as possible, really. Non-Telepaths definitely should use this to pick up Schism. Non-Shapers can always get good use out of this to pick up Astral Construct, though this is certainly not required. Loads of other powers are possibly worth spending a feat on eventually, too: Mindlink, Metamorphosis, Energy Missile, Mend Wounds, Hustle, Dispelling Buffer, Psionic Teleport ...

alisbin
2010-04-14, 03:47 PM
i dunno, basic telepath is fairly strong, but all you lose for taking 10 thrallherd is 2 ML (which go away with practiced manifester) and 2 feats (3 if you include the manditory practiced manifester), which isn't really a big. especially when you compare that to the 1(eventually 2) thralls (-1 and -2 of your level) each of which can be built however you like (IE effectively tripling your available feats if you have feat leech), 2 free powers (psionic charm and dominate), and cheaper casting for those powers. if you get psionic thralls your essentially tripling your powers known and PP plus breaking the action economy by having 3 full rounds worth of actions per round without Schism shenanigans.
seriously, a 16th level thrallherd can cause 6 powers to be fired off every round as long as one of the 3 has schism (and in case its not obvious, YOU SHOULD GET SCHISM!).

deephelldragon
2010-04-19, 09:49 AM
Thank's everybody i made my guy so i am going to go test how well he does in the campain. I will post again to tell you how he did after the session.

Kylarra
2010-04-19, 09:54 AM
Thank's everybody i made my guy so i am going to go test how well he does in the campain. I will post again to tell you how he did after the session.I think you're pretty safe in saying he'll do fine. Ungodly stats and a fullcaster in a group with a rogue, 2 fighters and a combat medic....

deephelldragon
2010-04-19, 09:56 AM
I think you're pretty safe in saying he'll do fine. Ungodly stats and a fullcaster in a group with a rogue, 2 fighters and a combat medic....

Thank's that really means alot to me this is the first time i have run or even thought of running a psion so thank's.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-19, 12:55 PM
I suggest highly Synad with the Improved SLA feat (at DM's descression, cuz I dunno if they made Improved Psi-like ability) and Synad's Multitask, Improved to use Multitask far mor often. Then, Go with the following:

Synad
Telepath 7/Ur Priest 1/Psychic Theurge 9/Arch Psion 3

There is no god. Only you.