PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] DOUBLE-Epic Spellcasting!!!

Zovc
2010-04-14, 10:45 AM
Is there any reason to qualify for Epic Spellcasting more than once? Obviously, the feat benefits you cumulatively, as it says, but is there anything beyond that?

Also, what is the quickest route to qualifying for Epic Spellcasting more than once?

I imagine Mystic Theurge/Arcane Hierophant/Foulchan Lyrist are in there somewhere. Probably Sublime Chord and Ur-Priest, as well.

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-14, 10:47 AM
Is there any reason to qualify for Epic Spellcasting more than once? Obviously, the feat benefits you cumulatively, as it says, but is there anything beyond that?

Also, what is the quickest route to qualifying for Epic Spellcasting more than once?

I imagine Mystic Theurge/Arcane Hierophant/Foulchan Lyrist are in there somewhere. Probably Sublime Chord and Ur-Priest, as well.

Cleric with one of the domains that grants Knowledge(nature)

megabyter5
2010-04-14, 01:31 PM
Which fullcaster gets the fastest epic bonus feat progression? Just take that one, and make sure at least one or the other knowledges is a class skill, maxing your ranks the whole way through.

Glimbur
2010-04-14, 01:42 PM
Cleric with one of the domains that grants Knowledge(nature)

This is simple and effective. For more shenanigans, use one of the many tricks to count as both a Divine and Arcane spellcaster, and have all the relevant knowledges maxed out. Then you'll get triple epic spellcasting. That said, do you really need more than one epic spell per day?

Flickerdart
2010-04-14, 03:16 PM
Well, it would make chaining things go a lot faster, for one. When your opponent only has one Epic slot and you have three, you'll win.

Zovc
2010-04-14, 03:19 PM
That said, do you really need more than one epic spell per day?

...if epic characters are still concerned with matters of need, and not matters of want, those epic characters suck.

It's like... do you want one sports car, or three? Why wouldn't you take three if there was no cost for both options?

herbe
2010-04-14, 03:19 PM
Wizards has acces to all knowledge skill plus they have a plenty of skill point for knowledge

Zovc
2010-04-14, 03:32 PM
Wizards has acces to all knowledge skill plus they have a plenty of skill point for knowledge

Well, they also need to get 9th-level divine spellcasting.

Douglas
2010-04-14, 03:43 PM
Well, they also need to get 9th-level divine spellcasting.
Rainbow Servant. As I recall, any cleric spells you get from the capstone that are not on the wizard list count as divine. Wizard 5/Rainbow Servant 10/PrC 6 can easily satisfy all three sets of prerequisites, getting triple epic spell slots all for the same class.

nargbop
2010-04-14, 10:11 PM
Rainbow Servant wins, as the least complicated method of qualifying for 9th-level divine-and-arcane casting. A build that includes Rainbow Servant 10, has Wizard-17 or Sorcerer-18 equivalent, and has Knowledge (Arcane, Nature, and Religion) 24 qualifies for all three clauses of the Epic Spellcasting feat.
The 21-level build has six epic spell slots per day.
===
I spent some time fiddling with rule assumptions and flavor assumptions. If you assume that you must be able to cast level 9 spells as the appropriate type of class (Arcane, Nature, Religion), then you can qualify using Wiz 3 / Druid 3 / Ur-Priest 9 / Mystic Theurge 10 / Arcane Heirophant 4. This build has triple 9's. You can swap out Ur-Priest for Acolyte of Peace if you like. If you swap in Sorcerer instead of Wizard, your MAD becomes untenable. You can qualify a little faster using kobold sorcer loredrake white dragonspawn cheese.
The official Mystic Theurge epic progression is not optimal because it alternates advancing divine and arcane. There is no official Arcane Heirophant epic progression, as far as I know.

urbanpirate
2010-04-15, 05:02 AM
brain not working well,,, chain gate?