PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XXXII - Imperfectly Rebooted

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Threeshades
2010-04-19, 06:13 AM
Wait, so copy-pasting your own stuff was sudenly frowned upon? :smallconfused:

Is there a single person here who re-draws their characters every single time? I'm guessing no.

I mean, we may alter templates, but we don't just re-draw the entire thing! Copy and paste as much as you want, as long as it's your own work.

Yeah that would be new to me, everyone copy and pastes backgrounds too of course.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 06:39 AM
Yeah that would be new to me, everyone copy and pastes backgrounds too of course.

What he said, copy-pasting is only looked down upon if it's other people's work or entire panels that are not changed in the slightest (mostly frowned upon in less simplistic webcomics)

Threeshades
2010-04-19, 07:35 AM
What he said, copy-pasting is only looked down upon if it's other people's work or entire panels that are not changed in the slightest (mostly frowned upon in less simplistic webcomics)

Unless the identical panels are supposed to serve a purpose (other than to lower the artist's workload), like a comedic pause for example.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 08:01 AM
Unless the identical panels are supposed to serve a purpose (other than to lower the artist's workload), like a comedic pause for example.

Even then it's better to at least have some change (such as people looking in other directions and thinking about what to say or one of those grass thingies that always seem to come by in comedic pauses and right before a duel :smalltongue:)

But you are right that it's far more acceptable in such situations :smallsmile:

Ninja Chocobo
2010-04-19, 08:26 AM
Is there a single person here who re-draws their characters every single time? I'm guessing no.

I mean, we may alter templates, but we don't just re-draw the entire thing!

*ahem*
Someone mention my name?

Threeshades
2010-04-19, 08:49 AM
Even then it's better to at least have some change (such as people looking in other directions and thinking about what to say or one of those grass thingies that always seem to come by in comedic pauses and right before a duel :smalltongue:)

But you are right that it's far more acceptable in such situations :smallsmile:

Not necessarily.

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 09:09 AM
@Grem:
Are you going to tell us why is Nilmerg suddenly glowing green, or we have to wait for the next comic?:smallsmile:

Next comic.

Okay, suffice to say I did not know all this. If I had, I could have saved myself quite a bit of inconvenience! Thanks, all. :smallsmile:

By the way, for the comic before the latest one and my CA random kill, all drawings were unique. Of course, the CA drawing sucked, but all the same.
However, I cheated in the latest comic and copied the first image into the last. :smallcool:

EDIT: Bad news is, I'll probably still have to redraw the blood. Man, I hate drawing that. It's very tedious.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 12:10 PM
EDIT: Bad news is, I'll probably still have to redraw the blood. Man, I hate drawing that. It's very tedious.

you could go Disney on us and havve people be mortally wounded without ever drawing blood :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-04-19, 12:12 PM
Blood smears and sprays are what the Freehand tool is for. :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 12:25 PM
Blood smears and sprays are what the Freehand tool is for. :smallbiggrin:

Freehand? You mean the trick where you hold down shift and move the selected image around?
Keveak: I think you mean 'seem mortally wounded but recover in a moving and heartwarming way'.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 12:50 PM
Keveak: I think you mean 'seem mortally wounded but recover in a moving and heartwarming way'.

No, I mean the way they did it in Pocahontas. He's killed by a bullet but we see no actual wound, blood or any other indication of having been shot aside from seeing a guy fire in his general direction.

I think they did it similar in other movies too, perhaps with Mufasa in the Lion King?

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 01:00 PM
No, I mean the way they did it in Pocahontas. He's killed by a bullet but we see no actual wound, blood or any other indication of having been shot aside from seeing a guy fire in his general direction.

I think they did it similar in other movies too, perhaps with Mufasa in the Lion King?

Ah, I never saw Pocahontas. I saw Avatar, though, and they're pretty much identical (http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg). :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 01:10 PM
Ah, I never saw Pocahontas. I saw Avatar, though, and they're pretty much identical (http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/epic-fail-avatar-plot-fail.jpg). :smalltongue:

I thought it was 'Dances with wolves' (not sure about the title) it was a rip-off of?

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 01:12 PM
I thought it was 'Dances with wolves' (not sure about the title) it was a rip-off of?

It ripped off both. It's a pretty cliche plotline, to be honest. I think the order's something like:
Dances With Wolves comes first.
Pocahontas rips off DWW.
???
Loss!

But let's not get off topic. Who here has yet to introduce their main character?

-skimmer-
2010-04-19, 01:20 PM
But let's not get off topic. Who here has yet to introduce their main character?

Which main? Second or third?:smallconfused::smalltongue:

Fin
2010-04-19, 01:20 PM

Rand... But I don't know if he is participating in FI, also I could just be wrong... What was the question?

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 01:27 PM
Rand... But I don't know if he is participating in FI, also I could just be wrong... What was the question?

Basically, I'm asking who has a character for FI and has not yet introduced them into the plot. I'm just curious.

Threeshades
2010-04-19, 01:29 PM
Great sig and avatar Keveak :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 01:34 PM
Great sig and avatar Keveak :smallbiggrin:

I thank you almighty Threeshades :smallsmile:

Now where's my cheesecake? :smallmad::smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 01:42 PM
I thank you almighty Threeshades :smallsmile:

Now where's my cheesecake? :smallmad::smalltongue:

The cake is a lie. Even the cheesecake. Even though cheesecake isn't really cake.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 02:24 PM
The cake is a lie. Even the cheesecake. Even though cheesecake isn't really cake.

You poor lost soul, don't you realise that Threeshades brings cheesecake? Even when the cake is a lie and all hope for desserts are gone :smallsmile::smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 02:27 PM
You poor lost soul, don't you realise that Threeshades brings cheesecake? Even when the cake is a lie and all hope for desserts are gone :smallsmile::smalltongue:

*Pulls out banana cream pie and lobs it at Keveak*
Looks like it's about time for a holy war. CRY HAVOC AND UNLEASH THE WAR OF PIE!

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 02:37 PM
*Pulls out banana cream pie and lobs it at Keveak*
Looks like it's about time for a holy war. CRY HAVOC AND UNLEASH THE WAR OF PIE!

Wait! Didn't we have a fight with pastry? The one with the god of war, the kobold and the kitty? :smalltongue:

But let's have it your way. TO WAR!

(Will make a comic, probably tomorrow as I have to go to sleep very soon)

licoot
2010-04-19, 02:51 PM
because I need a new avatar, and because I wanted to, my Threeshades cleric avatar:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/threeshadesmindflayer-1.png?t=1271709525

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 02:51 PM
Wait! Didn't we have a fight with pastry? The one with the god of war, the kobold and the kitty? :smalltongue:

But let's have it your way. TO WAR!

(Will make a comic, probably tomorrow as I have to go to sleep very soon)

So be it! I have chosen my avatar:

FAKE EDIT: Just kidding. I will use Bangboom the goblin as my avatar. Don't have a drawing yet, but he's a Pathfinder goblin with a piecannon.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-19, 02:57 PM
You guys stole my idea.:smallannoyed:

Sigh, as long as master Threeshades has followers.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 02:59 PM
So be it! I have chosen my avatar:

FAKE EDIT: Just kidding. I will use Bangboom the goblin as my avatar. Don't have a drawing yet, but he's a Pathfinder goblin with a piecannon.

Aw, but I already drew the kitty

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6582/grem1p.png

Back to the drawing board it is.

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 03:12 PM
Aw, but I already drew the kitty

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6582/grem1p.png

Back to the drawing board it is.

Aww, I just started the goblin.
However, I love that picture, so I changed my mind. I'll be the kitty. :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2010-04-19, 03:19 PM
Aww, I just started the goblin.
However, I love that picture, so I changed my mind. I'll be the kitty. :smallsmile:

Yay... And I have to sleep now, will make comic tommorrow-'Night! *runs off*

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-19, 03:22 PM
It's 3:37.... :smallconfused:

EDIT: D'oh. Time zones.

licoot
2010-04-19, 03:40 PM
It's 3:37.... :smallconfused:

EDIT: D'oh. Time zones.

according to the forum you posted that at 9:22, well 3:22 for you

Emperor Ing
2010-04-19, 03:40 PM
because I need a new avatar, and because I wanted to, my Threeshades cleric avatar:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/threeshadesmindflayer-1.png?t=1271709525

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:SQPKTIeNuKa9ZM:http://mittyzx.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

licoot
2010-04-19, 03:42 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:SQPKTIeNuKa9ZM:http://mittyzx.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

huh:smallconfused:

Emperor Ing
2010-04-19, 03:51 PM
Clearly you're unfamiliar with the meme. It goes something like this.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/son.jpg

SinisterPenguin
2010-04-19, 04:11 PM

Me.

(But I'm not sure if I'm even going to join FI soooo.)

Threeshades
2010-04-19, 05:48 PM
Cheesecake and video game domain spell lists hopefully tomorrow.

Gremlin, my son, let me tell you if you do not want to believe in the cheesecake this is your choice and no one will force you to. But those who do not believe in the cheesecake shall not be rewarded with the cheesecake in the afterlife.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-19, 06:10 PM
Clearly you're unfamiliar with the meme. It goes something like this.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/EmperorIng/son.jpg

That... didn't explain anything.

For me, atleast.

Nameless
2010-04-19, 06:12 PM
That... didn't explain anything.

For me, atleast.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/17/128923235632804216.jpg

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-19, 06:14 PM
OK, posting the same quote dosen't explain the quote.

Lyinginbedmon
2010-04-19, 06:26 PM
It's a meme, originating from 4chan, explaining it is fairly difficult. Mostly it means what it says, it's kinda like they're facepalming at you basically.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-19, 06:27 PM
So why are they facepalming his avatar?

Nameless
2010-04-19, 06:33 PM
So why are they facepalming his avatar?

Idunno. :I

V'icternus
2010-04-19, 06:56 PM
Because they can.

Why do people inform the world of their minor unimportant day to day activities?

Because they can.

Why did someone decide to make a bigger, weirder iPhone?

Because they can.

Why is there a chainsaw sticking out of my chest?

Beca-

Kumo
2010-04-19, 07:01 PM
What's happened to the dragons in FI?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-19, 08:31 PM
Did Bright make up the golem thing himself or is there some sort of list of what protects each key?

Fay Graydon
2010-04-19, 08:47 PM
I has Stick Rabies a baby A new avatar! :smallbiggrin:

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 08:54 PM
What's happened to the dragons in FI?

Well, the Emperor Dragons technically joined the UNA, but Lavidor hasn't been seen in a while.

Kumo
2010-04-19, 09:29 PM
Well, the Emperor Dragons technically joined the UNA, but Lavidor hasn't been seen in a while.

i thought the purple dragons all died :smallconfused: and what would have happened to dragons that weren't under their rule (assuming they weren't killed)

The Gremlin
2010-04-19, 09:58 PM
i thought the purple dragons all died :smallconfused: and what would have happened to dragons that weren't under their rule (assuming they weren't killed)

Apparently, some of them survived thanks to Vert Doom's interference.

Lavidor
2010-04-20, 03:48 AM

That's not what it was.

Also, yes, I left, so what I said doesn't matter. It's not like it was in a comic.

<goes back to lurking>

Green-Shirt Q
2010-04-20, 05:53 AM

What? :smallconfused:

I don't think Vert Doom really has anything to do with FI since nobody except for me (and maybe a few other people) cares about him.

And I highly doubt Vert Doom has anything to do with anything surviving.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-20, 06:59 AM
Why did someone decide to make a bigger, weirder iPhone?

Because they can.

Actually, it is part of the plan, but I'm not supposed to tell you about the plan so *puts on sunglasses and activates MIB memory-modification device*

On an off-topic note, would any of you be interested in joining Piracy In The Playground on the FFRPG board? It's got pirates and probably pie too :smalltongue:

On topic: I'm almost finished with the first comic, Gremlin. So get ready for WAR!

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 09:22 AM
Actually, it is part of the plan, but I'm not supposed to tell you about the plan so *puts on sunglasses and activates MIB memory-modification device*

On an off-topic note, would any of you be interested in joining Piracy In The Playground on the FFRPG board? It's got pirates and probably pie too :smalltongue:

On topic: I'm almost finished with the first comic, Gremlin. So get ready for WAR!

So be it, kobold.

And I could have sworn I saw a comic where Vert Doom supposedly saved somebody... :smallconfused:

And I think that might be cool. I'm still waiting for the Newt-Panda-Cuttlefish game, though. :smalltongue:

However, if it means a chance to bring in my kitten vikings... *Really, really big goblin smile*

Mina Kobold
2010-04-20, 12:27 PM
As an aside, I copied your image for everything below the head. Only because I couldn't make out what was there.

There's the same stuff that's on Threesy's avatar, sans hair and footwear.

Plus the holy symbol of Threeshades, bringer of Cheesecake.

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 12:34 PM
There's the same stuff that's on Threesy's avatar, sans hair and footwear.

Plus the holy symbol of Threeshades, bringer of Cheesecake.

Ah, gotcha.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-20, 12:42 PM
Ah, gotcha.

On another note:

Prestidigitation? Clerics of Threeshades summon REAL Cheesecake, heathen!

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 12:46 PM
On another note:

Prestidigitation? Clerics of Threeshades summon REAL Cheesecake, heathen!

No, I meant that he used prestidigitation to wipe the pie off his face.

EDIT: Guys, I was thinking we might be able to try and bring this old thing back. I compiled everything I could find on it:

THE BIG THREE:

Cuttlefish: Infiltration experts. They use their camouflage abilities to move undetected. By the time you've figured out where some cuttlefish are hiding, their gone. They do most of their offenses through stealth and trickery. Cuttlefish have good technology, though not as good as that of the Newts, and most of it is geared towards stealth. They aren't as good with poison as the Newts, but is is still highly effective.

Cuttlefish facilities generally have a well disguised front, but inside they are messes of wires and computer equipment set up in otherwise normal rooms, ready to be quickly packed up and moved.

Cuttlefish despise Pandas, because Pandas have a tendency to straighten out the confusion they try to maintain.

The Cuttlefish names tend to sound like hackers usernames, and are often spelled as such. Names like 1nkE_cl3an (Inky Clean), or No1spcl (No-one special) are common. The leader of the Cuttlefish always goes by mr_cuddles (Spelled exaclty that way). Nobody knows who mr_cuddles is, and many suspect it's more a title than anything. Variations on the name (Mr Cuddles, mrcuddles, mister_cuddles, m.Cuddles ect) are common, but no cuttlefish besides the leader dare goes by mr_cuddles.

Panda: Manipulation Experts. They use their adorable appearance and supposed endangerment to manipulate others into protecting and fighting for them, and have the best public relations. Pandas are often the easiest to find, but the hardest to reach. They have a lot of renewable energy-based resources.

Panda headquarters are generally luxurious penthouses, tastefully decorated and functionally equipped for the Panda's to run their organization.

Pandas despise Cuttlefish, because they have a tendency to upset the order Pandas prefer to work in.

The Pandas have very official, dynastic sounding names. Lots of "The Third's" with emphasis on their family or the organization they belong to. A Panda who works for Blue Seas Shipping may add "Of the Blue Seas" to the end of their name. The leader of the Pandas always amends "of the Ages" to their name.

Newts: Combat Experts. The newts are fast, agile, and highly toxic, making them dangerous combatants. Poison is their weapon of choice, and anybody who wants to move against them is likely to end up dead very quickly. Newts also have the most advanced offensive technology. They generally specialize in explosives. The Newts' facilities tend to look more like laboratories than anything.

Newts seem to have little or no opinion on the politics of the world, instead choosing to act as mercenaries, willing to work for either faction.

The Newt's tend to add earned titles to their names, usually refering to something they did or a skill they have. A newt who is very good at getting money out of clients may call himself "The Negotiator", a newt bioengineer may call himself "The Scientist".

LESSER FACTIONS:

Rabbits: Have very poor, medieval technology. Their greatest advantages are numbers and their skill at hit and run attacks. Rabbits have a tenuous alliance with the chickens.

Turkeys: Brutes who never do anything for themselves. They are a pretty powerful mercenary group, whose numbers approach those of the Newts, but they are not at all unified, and are really only a forum.

Chickens: A band of rebels. They wish for the state of things to be improved and the crime gangs to be wiped out. They are allied with the Rabbits and Weasels, which makes them a significant threat if they can agree on anything. They have poorly made weaponry, but a LOT of it, thanks to their skill at salvaging (which is the reason they got the Rabbits to ally with them).

Weasels: Assassin Guild. They are cowed by the Chickens, but do not like them, and wouldn't help them if the Chickens did not have their leader hostage. Before this happened, they were sworn enemies.

TURTLES:

The Turtles are the closest thing the world of organized crime has to law enforcement. Actual law enforcement is mostly befuddled and unable to help, but the Turtles are clever. Using their massive spy network and near total control over the seas, this pirate faction does its best to deal with the other groups--for a small price, of course.

licoot
2010-04-20, 01:34 PM
EDIT: Guys, I was thinking we might be able to try and bring this old thing back. I compiled everything I could find on it:

THE BIG THREE:

Cuttlefish: Infiltration experts. They use their camouflage abilities to move undetected. By the time you've figured out where some cuttlefish are hiding, their gone. They do most of their offenses through stealth and trickery. Cuttlefish have good technology, though not as good as that of the Newts, and most of it is geared towards stealth. They aren't as good with poison as the Newts, but is is still highly effective.

Cuttlefish facilities generally have a well disguised front, but inside they are messes of wires and computer equipment set up in otherwise normal rooms, ready to be quickly packed up and moved.

Cuttlefish despise Pandas, because Pandas have a tendency to straighten out the confusion they try to maintain.

The Cuttlefish names tend to sound like hackers usernames, and are often spelled as such. Names like 1nkE_cl3an (Inky Clean), or No1spcl (No-one special) are common. The leader of the Cuttlefish always goes by mr_cuddles (Spelled exaclty that way). Nobody knows who mr_cuddles is, and many suspect it's more a title than anything. Variations on the name (Mr Cuddles, mrcuddles, mister_cuddles, m.Cuddles ect) are common, but no cuttlefish besides the leader dare goes by mr_cuddles.

Panda: Manipulation Experts. They use their adorable appearance and supposed endangerment to manipulate others into protecting and fighting for them, and have the best public relations. Pandas are often the easiest to find, but the hardest to reach. They have a lot of renewable energy-based resources.

Panda headquarters are generally luxurious penthouses, tastefully decorated and functionally equipped for the Panda's to run their organization.

Pandas despise Cuttlefish, because they have a tendency to upset the order Pandas prefer to work in.

The Pandas have very official, dynastic sounding names. Lots of "The Third's" with emphasis on their family or the organization they belong to. A Panda who works for Blue Seas Shipping may add "Of the Blue Seas" to the end of their name. The leader of the Pandas always amends "of the Ages" to their name.

Newts: Combat Experts. The newts are fast, agile, and highly toxic, making them dangerous combatants. Poison is their weapon of choice, and anybody who wants to move against them is likely to end up dead very quickly. Newts also have the most advanced offensive technology. They generally specialize in explosives. The Newts' facilities tend to look more like laboratories than anything.

Newts seem to have little or no opinion on the politics of the world, instead choosing to act as mercenaries, willing to work for either faction.

The Newt's tend to add earned titles to their names, usually refering to something they did or a skill they have. A newt who is very good at getting money out of clients may call himself "The Negotiator", a newt bioengineer may call himself "The Scientist".

LESSER FACTIONS:

Rabbits: Have very poor, medieval technology. Their greatest advantages are numbers and their skill at hit and run attacks. Rabbits have a tenuous alliance with the chickens.

Turkeys: Brutes who never do anything for themselves. They are a pretty powerful mercenary group, whose numbers approach those of the Newts, but they are not at all unified, and are really only a forum.

Chickens: A band of rebels. They wish for the state of things to be improved and the crime gangs to be wiped out. They are allied with the Rabbits and Weasels, which makes them a significant threat if they can agree on anything. They have poorly made weaponry, but a LOT of it, thanks to their skill at salvaging (which is the reason they got the Rabbits to ally with them).

Weasels: Assassin Guild. They are cowed by the Chickens, but do not like them, and wouldn't help them if the Chickens did not have their leader hostage. Before this happened, they were sworn enemies.

TURTLES:

The Turtles are the closest thing the world of organized crime has to law enforcement. Actual law enforcement is mostly befuddled and unable to help, but the Turtles are clever. Using their massive spy network and near total control over the seas, this pirate faction does its best to deal with the other groups--for a small price, of course.

Wait, I am right in thinking these are actual animals, and are the turtles one of the minor factions

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 01:38 PM
Wait, I am right in thinking these are actual animals, and are the turtles one of the minor factions

First of all, yes.
Second, no. The Turtles are a pretty powerful faction but not against one target. Sort of like the spell Burning Hands: It''s kind of wimpy against one high-level guy, but if you're fighting five goblins it's the way to go. So the Turtles try to keep all the lesser gangs in check, and try to keep the balance between the Pandas and the Cuttlefish.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-20, 01:43 PM
No, I meant that he used prestidigitation to wipe the pie off his face.

Wouldn't he just eat it? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8122600&postcount=291) :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 01:45 PM
Wouldn't he just eat it? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8122600&postcount=291) :smalltongue:

AWESOME. I must have that spell.

Kumo
2010-04-20, 02:37 PM
Nilmerg's a DRUID?! :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 02:39 PM

I think Nilmerg's just a Marty Stu or whatever it's called.

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 02:46 PM

Sigh...
He is, to use Pathfinder rules, a level 7 Diviner/level 4 druid. Not all druids have animal companions, you know.

Fayte, how is Nilmerg a Gary Stu? :smallconfused:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 02:49 PM
Sigh...
He is, to use Pathfinder rules, a level 7 Diviner/level 4 druid. Not all druids have animal companions, you know.

Heh, Keris asked if i wanted to play a Pathfinder campaign in the next holidays with some old friends >.>

Also I unno, but hes like a cat with magic powers and radioactive whiskers <.<

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 02:51 PM
Heh, Keris asked if i wanted to play a Pathfinder campaign in the next holidays with some old friends >.>

Also I unno, but hes like a cat with magic powers and radioactive whiskers <.<

That's not a Gary Stu.
Okay, here's what he is, Fayte: An awakened cat with glowing whiskers, with skill in magic--specifically detection and knowledge magic--and knowledge of the Druidic path. He also used to be undead, but he got better. :smalltongue:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 02:53 PM
That's not a Gary Stu.
Okay, here's what he is, Fayte: An awakened cat with glowing whiskers, with skill in magic--specifically detection and knowledge magic--and knowledge of the Druidic path. He also used to be undead, but he got better. :smalltongue:

Ooooh
I'm Sooooo very glad I know (And TBH care) so little about D&D things =P

Kumo
2010-04-20, 02:54 PM
Sigh...

i'm kind of amazed you picked a class at all... And surprised you picked 'druid'

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-20, 02:55 PM
i'm kind of amazed you picked a class at all... And surprised you picked 'druid'

Hey, druids are cool!

Kumo
2010-04-20, 02:56 PM
Hey, druids are cool!

They also like life.

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 02:57 PM
Hey, druids WERE cool!

Fixed that for you >.>

I played a AD&D druid, they rocked at level 7

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-20, 03:08 PM
Stop mocking the almighty druid, or i'll get Ami to animate plants were the sun don't shine.

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 03:09 PM
Stop mocking the almighty druid, or i'll get Ami to animate plants were the sun don't shine.

That's a place in Lancre isn't it :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-20, 03:10 PM
If I was on my art computer... e.e

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 03:12 PM
Fixed that for you >.>

I played a AD&D druid, they rocked at level 7

BREEP! BREEP! POWERGAMER ALERT!
Fayte, I'm surprised you didn't notice that in my last post, I actually went out of my way to avoid any mention of statistics. I just told you that Nilmerg has skill in magic and worships the earth. :smallconfused:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 03:16 PM
BREEP! BREEP! POWERGAMER ALERT!
Fayte, I'm surprised you didn't notice that in my last post, I actually went out of my way to avoid any mention of statistics. I just told you that Nilmerg has skill in magic and worships the earth. :smallconfused:

Oh righto sorry
*shuts up now*

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 03:17 PM
Oh righto sorry
*shuts up now*

It's fine, Fayte, sorry about the 'powergamer' thing. :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-20, 03:18 PM
It's fine, Fayte, sorry about the 'powergamer' thing. :smalltongue:

Pssst. Call her Fay.

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 03:19 PM
Pssst. Call her Fay.

Why would I call Fayte Fay?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-20, 03:20 PM
Because she gets angry when you don't.

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 03:23 PM
Because she gets angry when you don't.

I know, it's hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 03:52 PM
I know, it's hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

It wont be funny when I feast on your flesh and craft weapons from your bones and teeth and Armour from your skin!
*cackles evilly*

The Gremlin
2010-04-20, 03:55 PM
It wont be funny when I feast on your flesh and craft weapons from your bones and teeth and Armour from your skin!
*cackles evilly*

Geez, Fayte, lighten up. :smallamused:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 03:57 PM
*cackles evilly*

+

Geez, Fayte, lighten up. :smallamused:

I'm actually making references to Monster Hunter games...
As I cant afford a Wii to get Monster Hunter Tri I'm going back and playing more on Monster Hunter Freedom Unite >.>

licoot
2010-04-20, 04:10 PM
*cackles evilly*

*slowly backs out of room*

Threeshades
2010-04-20, 04:49 PM
I still need to think of three more video game domain spells.

Kumo
2010-04-20, 04:51 PM
I still need to think of three more video game domain spells.

What level?

Threeshades
2010-04-20, 04:56 PM
What level?

1, 6 and 7

Fay Graydon
2010-04-20, 04:59 PM
Repel undead (ghosts from pacman) ?

Threeshades
2010-04-20, 05:01 PM
So far all spells for cheesecake and video game domains are completely newly written and unavailable to any other sort of caster.

Kumo
2010-04-20, 05:01 PM
1, 6 and 7

7 - Super Man 64
The target is placed under an illusion which forces them to play a really crappy game (Super Man 64 if one is not designated) for 1d8 rounds per caster level. This illusion cannot be broken by disbelieving it, and the person under it's effects cannot be attacked.

6 - Protection from Virus
A gamer under this effect may play a game ignoring any viruses placed within the system.

1 - Create Gaming System (self explanatory)

Threeshades
2010-04-20, 05:04 PM
No one should be forced to play a horrible game. That is why I sent my herald the Angry Video Game Nerd.

Kumo
2010-04-20, 05:06 PM
No one should be forced to play a horrible game. That is why I sent my herald the Angry Video Game Nerd.

ILLUSION.

Or I could change it to a very enthralling game =/

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-20, 05:09 PM
Ooo, I just saw the monster hunters 3 commercial. Sweeet.

Threeshades
2010-04-20, 05:10 PM
nah, there should be something else. Not so specific either. Most spells I have so far, are granting abilities that are typical (very typical, and generic too) to have as a video game character.

licoot
2010-04-20, 05:13 PM
return to checkpoint- a bit like resurrect but caster can cast it on self (even though there dead:smallconfused:), although must return to set point. This would only available at extremely high levels

craft:
cut scene
rediculously huge hair (like in animae type games)

meta gamer- become awesome at everything, but everyone hates you

Threeshades
2010-04-20, 05:29 PM
There's something. :smallbiggrin: Only need a first level spell anymore.

Falgorn
2010-04-20, 07:21 PM
Hmm, I'm thinking about coming back, but I'd need a serious commitment.
Quick question, though (Sorry if this was already brought up): I notice the single-shot capabilities of the weapons. Would this put the weaponry technology at about WWI-era, if not, slightly before/after that?
And if so, why have I not seen tanks?

Kumo
2010-04-20, 07:23 PM
Quick question, though (Sorry if this was already brought up): I notice the single-shot capabilities of the weapons. Would this put the weaponry technology at about WWI-era, if not, slightly before/after that?

Mask has said technology is either WWI or WWII (can't remember which), aside from the sovices and a few modern things.

Mad Mask
2010-04-20, 08:16 PM

Here is the definitive, complete list of weapons (and related equipment) used in FI:

UNA weapons

Single shot breech-loading rifles
Revolvers
Grenade launchers (concussive or shrapnel)
Chemical weapons (both incapacitating agents and lethal agents)
Volley guns
Gatling-like guns (primitive, too heavy to carried by a normal human, used mainly to hold defensive positions)
Steam-powered armoured cars (http://kinogo.com/victor/fi/armouredcar.png)
Civil War era steam-powered warships
Very primitive steam planes, mostly unusable

New Sovice Empire (the ones in orbit of Avbaroy) weapons

Superweapons capable of rendering entire planets inhabitable (most likely nuclear in nature)
Spacecraft shaped like whale skeletons (most likely for religious purposes)

ALF and SS* weapons

Any recovered UNA weapons
Machine guns (old, irreplaceable relics from Schizotec, rarely used)
Dettas (http://kinogo.com/victor/fi/dettanew.png) (legged or tracked, the latter the most common while the former is mostly found in earlier models)
The Citadel of Bis Anu (possessing nuke-like magical missiles, incredibly powerful magical rayguns, an impenetrable shield [has the disadvantage of preventing the Citadel from firing] and heavy metal plating)
The superpowered airship Vendetta, unpowered and rusty (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Vendetta)

*Sons of Schizotec, a Schizian resistance group heavily connected to the ALF

Also here's a rough list of some other technological assets of the UNA:

Coloured cinemas with sound
Wingspread helium airship transport
Steam-powered trains and light rail
Radio
Big, Sovice-made skyscrapers with elevators
Colourful suits with ties
Steam-powered large-sized washing machines, to be used in public centres
Steam-powered ships

As you can see, it's a bit Schizotech (the trope, not the country), but that's to be expected since it's not Earth, and the technology level has been completely put upside down since the Sovice came and distributed both small parts of theirs (including Helium, radio, and film theatres) and technology from Lockutas (where all the steampunk comes from), Schizotec (where all the guns and suits come from).

Threeshades
2010-04-20, 08:35 PM
Ooh yeah both spell lists are written including domain powers. I only need to finish the spell descriptions tomorrow. Then we got it.
It's written for Pathfinder RPG by the way.

Kumo
2010-04-20, 09:15 PM
I just quoted a guy's post, drafted up a super long response, then realized as soon as i was done he was arguing the same point i was...

I'm not sure whether to cry or pimpslap myself :smallannoyed:

Mina Kobold
2010-04-21, 05:52 AM
Ooh yeah both spell lists are written including domain powers. I only need to finish the spell descriptions tomorrow. Then we got it.
It's written for Pathfinder RPG by the way.

Let me see if I've gotten this right:

You are making a spell-list for a cleric of Threeshades for Pathfinder?

I gotta play that some day... Though, I should probably try Pathfinder before that.

Anyone up for a game on Myth-weavers or something?

Threeshades
2010-04-21, 10:21 AM
Let me see if I've gotten this right:

You are making a spell-list for a cleric of Threeshades for Pathfinder?

I gotta play that some day... Though, I should probably try Pathfinder before that.

Anyone up for a game on Myth-weavers or something?

Not only a spell list, two complete domain spell lists including the description for all 18 of the all new spells and two domain powers for each domain (as it is normal for pathfinder cleric domains).
Heck I even sound like the texts on the backs of roleplay supplement books. :smallbiggrin:
However I do not guarantee these spells to be balanced.
Also some spell components might be unobtainable in a normal Fantasy RPG world.

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 10:54 AM
Curses! Threeshades' clergy grows! I must retaliate!
Unfortunately, since I haven't actually stated any religion beyond 'pies', that's going to be tricky.
EDIT: Ah, but pies are a powerful force. So, the stats of the Path of Pie:
Alignment: Neutral.
Domains: Glory, Pie, Destruction, Community, Protection
Portfolio: Pie, protection of the innocent pastry chefs, hatred of the god Threeshades and his/her cheesecake.
The Pie Domain: The pie domain grants the ability, once per day, to summon all the ingredients for a certain type of pie (decided at first level and unchangeable thereafter). These ingredients must be edible (although the finished pie can later be poisoned)and at least one slice must be eaten once the pie is complete. Also, Profession (piemaker)is always a class skill for clerics with the Pie domain.
1. Goodberry (must be baked in pie)
2. Delay Poison
3. Gentle Repose (may be used on pies)
4. Poison (lasts one extra round if poison is ingested through a pie)
5. Hallow
6. Heroes' Feast
7. Regenerate
8. Temporal Stasis
9. Time Stop

licoot
2010-04-21, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately, since I haven't actually stated any religion beyond 'pies', that's going to be tricky.
Portfolio: Pie, protection of the innocent pastry chefs, ...hatred of the god Threeshades and his/her cheesecake.
The Pie Domain: The pie domain grants the ability, once per day, to summon all the ingredients for a certain type of pie (decided at first level and unchangeable thereafter). These ingredients must be edible (although the finished pie can later be poisoned)and at least one slice must be eaten once the pie is complete. Also, Profession (piemaker)is always a class skill for clerics with the Pie domain.
2. Delay Poison
5. Hallow
6. Heroes' Feast
7. Regenerate
8. Temporal Stasis
9. Time Stop

How dare you even think of challenging the mighty threeshades and the holy cheesecake :smallmad:

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 11:47 AM
How dare you even think of challenging the mighty threeshades and the holy cheesecake :smallmad:

The cake is a lie, and so is your precious, deluded god!
Now prepare to watch as your pathetic religion crumbles like graham cracker crust, infidel!

licoot
2010-04-21, 11:50 AM
The cake is a lie, and so is your precious, deluded god!
Now prepare to watch as your pathetic religion crumbles like graham cracker crust, infidel!

THE MIGHTY POWER OF CHEESE CAKE IS MORE REAL THE YOU COULD EVER KNOW:smallfurious:

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 11:59 AM
THE MIGHTY POWER OF CHEESE CAKE IS MORE REAL THE YOU COULD EVER KNOW:smallfurious:

BLASPHEMOUS HERETIC! DIE, INFIDEL!
*Hits with pie*

licoot
2010-04-21, 12:00 PM
BLASPHEMOUS HERETIC! DIE, INFIDEL!
*Hits with pie*

*Hits with Cheese Cake**Crushes with giant Cheesecake*

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 12:05 PM
*Hits with Cheese Cake**Crushes with giant Cheesecake*

*Summons boysenberry pie and drops it on Licoot's head*

Emperor Ing
2010-04-21, 12:06 PM
*blows up planet*
Can we move on now?

Mina Kobold
2010-04-21, 12:07 PM
Portfolio: Pie, protection of the innocent pastry chefs, hatred of the god Threeshades and his/her cheesecake.
2. Delay Poison
5. Hallow
6. Heroes' Feast
7. Regenerate
8. Temporal Stasis
9. Time Stop

Who dares to oppose the almighty Threeshades, bringer of Cheesecake!?

Licoot, Crimson Angel, gather your forces. It's time to begin a holy war in the name of Threeshades, bringer of Cheesecake. let's wipe this heathen of the face of the plot-less void by the power of Cheesecake!

EDIT:

@Rand: no :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-04-21, 12:09 PM
@Rand: no :smalltongue:

k
*Intensified Disintegrate*

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 12:14 PM
So be it! Pie is on my side! Prepare to be slaughtered, infidels!

licoot
2010-04-21, 12:21 PM
So be it! Pie is on my side! Prepare to be slaughtered, infidels!

Pie does not matter, pie is but a fairy cake when compared to CHEESECAKE
Sorry, I am mistaken, it is not even a fairy cake its a jaffacake

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 12:26 PM
Pie does not matter, pie is but a fairy cake when compared to CHEESECAKE
Sorry, I am mistaken, it is not even a fairy cake its a jaffacake

FOOLISH INFIDEL! I WILL SEE YOU DESTROYED FOR YOUR SINS!
*Defaces statue of Threeshades with meringue*

licoot
2010-04-21, 12:28 PM
FOOLISH INFIDEL! I WILL SEE YOU DESTROYED FOR YOUR SINS!
*Defaces statue of Threeshades with meringue*

AHHHHHHHHHH:smallfurious:
*Burns pies*

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 12:31 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH:smallfurious:
*Burns pies*

INFIDEL!
*Makes pie crust and puts it in pie tin*
*Puts smashed cheesecake on pie crust*
*Kills and mashes panda and mixes in*
*Cooks and eats*

licoot
2010-04-21, 12:34 PM
INFIDEL!
*Makes pie crust and puts it in pie tin*
*Puts smashed cheesecake on pie crust*
*Kills and mashes panda and mixes in*
*Cooks and eats*

*sneaks into house and replaces all pies in house with cheesecake, then buys and burns all pies on continent*

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 12:36 PM
*sneaks into house and replaces all pies in house with cheesecake, then buys and burns all pies on continent*

*Sets fire to all churches of Threeshades in Germany*
In her home country, INFIDEL! Take that, foolish organized religion!

Mina Kobold
2010-04-21, 01:14 PM
Wow, guys. You can't do this. It's wrong :smallannoyed:

You should make comics, not comment, about burning churches and killing innocent animals :smalltongue:

This is the Fanart boards.

The Gremlin
2010-04-21, 01:19 PM
Wow, guys. You can't do this. It's wrong :smallannoyed:

You should make comics, not comment, about burning churches and killing innocent animals :smalltongue:

This is the Fanart boards.

I can't draw comics at the moment. I have no choice.
And nothing is small about pandas, infidel. Ask the blasphemer, she/he will tell you.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-21, 03:13 PM
I haven't finished the avatar yet. >.<

licoot
2010-04-21, 03:40 PM
Because I didn't like the old one, behold my new avatar:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/threeshadesmindflayer-2.png?t=1271883269
now with cheese cake colored magic.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-21, 03:43 PM
Why is his hat squished?

licoot
2010-04-21, 03:45 PM
Why is his hat squished?

two reasons:
1) That's the way he rolls
2) So its under 120 in height

Kumo
2010-04-21, 04:19 PM

*pie production on continent is increased tremendously in response to increased demand for pie*

*you go bankrupt trying to buy all the pie*

:smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

licoot
2010-04-21, 04:21 PM
*pie production on continent is increased tremendously in response to increased demand for pie*

*you go bankrupt trying to buy all the pie*

:smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue: :smalltongue:

fine, *then buys some pies, and steals all the other pies on continent*

Fay Graydon
2010-04-21, 04:24 PM
Here is the definitive, complete list of weapons (and related equipment) used in FI:

-snip-

Am I the only person to think this is kinda being Railroaded again? :smallannoyed:

Kumo
2010-04-21, 04:38 PM
Am I the only person to think this is kinda being Railroaded again? :smallannoyed:

I want to say 'yes' but that would be rude and most likely inaccurate :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-04-21, 05:25 PM
*Sets fire to all churches of Threeshades in Germany*
In her home country, INFIDEL! Take that, foolish organized religion!

My followers don't build churches. I don't ask for pompous buildings to bolster my glory. For my followers the game screen is the image of their saviour, the tea and cake time table the altair, playing the prayer and eating cheesecake the sacrifice.

Mad Mask
2010-04-21, 05:29 PM
Am I the only person to think this is kinda being railroaded again? :smallannoyed:

Yes, having a list of some of the equipment and technology available to the standard members of each faction is indeed setting a pre-determined story that you can't deviate from, preventing you from thinking up any new ideas. :smalltongue:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-21, 05:31 PM
Yes, having a list of some of the equipment and technology available to the standard members of each faction is indeed setting a pre-determined story that you can't deviate from, preventing you from thinking up any new ideas. :smalltongue:

so what? Fort longcat never happened? :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2010-04-21, 05:38 PM
so what? Fort longcat never happened? :smallconfused:

Huh? Fort Longcat is a thousand years old space station, it's not a standard UNA vehicle and it's not under the control of the ALF, as far as I know. That's why it's not on the list.

Fay Graydon
2010-04-21, 05:41 PM
I'm just sure there was more then Pre WW1 style Technology in Avboroy.
I'm wondering what happened to it... :smallconfused:

Mad Mask
2010-04-21, 05:46 PM

Most of the technology, taken from isolated nations, has been distributed to the population (hence the rise of the global technology level), the more "futuristic" has been held back due to difficulty of mass production, to prevent excessive destabilisation or to prevent Avbaroy from being able to pose a threat to the Sovices.

V: That too.

Threeshades
2010-04-21, 05:46 PM

It's being kept secret for upper members of UNA and sporadically used by the ALF (depending on what they can get their hands on)

Fay Graydon
2010-04-21, 05:57 PM
Hmmm well I was thinking about getting Fayte onto Fort Longcat and having him try to take it back to Crystaria.
Or something along those lines.

Threeshades
2010-04-21, 05:59 PM
Hmmm well I was thinking about getting Fayte onto Fort Longcat and having him try to take it back to Crystaria.

Should be possible.

Mad Mask
2010-04-21, 06:03 PM

Isn't Fort Longcat an orbital station? I doubt it would reach sufficient speeds to reach the nearest star in a lifetime, much less other galaxies. Fay would have better hopes with the Holy Sovice Empire, who have built Omnigates enabling interstellar travel within reasonable spans.

I'm still not sure if Crystaria is in an alternate universe or founded by transplanted humans in an Earth-like world.

Threeshades
2010-04-21, 06:04 PM
Isn't Fort Longcat an orbital station? I doubt it would reach sufficient speeds to reach the nearest star in a lifetime, much less other galaxies. Fay would have better hopes with the TJH team, but I'm still not sure if Crystaria is in an alternate universe or founded by transplanted humans in an Earth-like world.

Doesn't matter, installing plot drive and fueling it with phelbotinum will get it anywhere.

Fay Graydon
2010-04-21, 06:08 PM
I'm still not sure if Crystaria is in an alternate universe or founded by transplanted humans in an Earth-like world.

It doesn't have to be in either of those, as the universe is infinatly big with so many combination of atoms, there could be a race that has a physical similarity to humans without needing to be human elsewhere.

Doesn't matter, installing plot drive and fueling it with phelbotinum will get it anywhere.

With a little bit of AwesomeWin and Spiral Energy to be safe :P

Mad Mask
2010-04-21, 06:16 PM
It doesn't have to be in either of those, as the universe is infinatly big with so many combination of atoms, there could be a race that has a physical similarity to humans without needing to be human elsewhere.

Just because you have an infinity of apples doesn't mean you'll have a single orange. And the universe isn't infinite by the way; it's continuously expanding, but the numbers of atoms is finite.

And your characters aren't just "physically similar to humans", they are humans. They look like humans, talk like humans, walk like humans... you know the drill. :smalltongue:

With a little bit of AwesomeWin and Spiral Energy to be safe :P

Throw some Unobtainium to be sure.

Fay Graydon
2010-04-21, 06:21 PM
And your characters aren't just "physically similar to humans", they are humans. They look like humans, talk like humans, walk like humans... you know the drill. :smalltongue:

Um... Not really.
As I chose not them to be. It's just a coincidence that there so similar...
I mean look at the time lords in Dr. Who! :smalltongue:
They look like humans.

Threeshades
2010-04-21, 08:41 PM
abotu the human looking issue: looking similar to humans even though youre not related isnt all that unlikely. It's called convergent evolution and it tends to happen. Same purpose produces the same design. Human build happens to be one of the most useful ones when it comes to a race of highly intelligent creatures that have hands to perform tasks such as crafting and using tools. And after all we're talking about stick figures here, so there's even less variety to be expected.

Kumo
2010-04-21, 10:05 PM
Just because you have an infinity of apples doesn't mean you'll have a single orange.No but it's possible to find two purple worms in them. (... well, ok, i'm not sure if it's possible for a worm to be purple but i'm sure it'd be really rare)

And the universe isn't infinite by the way; it's continuously expanding, but the numbers of atoms is finite.Technicalities do not an argument make :smalltongue:

And your characters aren't just "physically similar to humans", they are humans. They look like humans, talk like humans, walk like humans... you know the drill. :smalltongue:You can't tell most of that with stick figures. for all we know their arms are covered in scales instead of skin =P

And some Febreeze for everything else =D

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 04:53 AM
Just because you have an infinity of apples doesn't mean you'll have a single orange. And the universe isn't infinite by the way; it's continuously expanding, but the numbers of atoms is finite.

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Even if there are billions of other possibilities there's still the possibility that they are exactly like humans, even if it should be close to impossible the possibility is still there :smallsmile:

Toss in the fact that the entire universe that Avbaroy resides in was created by gods and it becomes even more likely.

If Fort Longcat can move through space wouldn't it be capable of using the sovice Omnigates then?

Besides, there's a lot of characters who would be delighted to help Fayte with improving the ship.

Which brings me to the part about technology, as I see it Mad mask have only specified what most people will have access to, not what exist.

Ven, Nameless or even Keveak could probably build something better than the norm, it would just use up more time and resources that ALF have access to.

Kumo
2010-04-22, 05:50 AM
If Fort Longcat can move through space wouldn't it be capable of using the sovice Omnigates then?

Sure if you were sovice or were able to get them to listen to you.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 07:47 AM
Sure if you were sovice or were able to get them to listen to you.

Good point.

Lyinginbedmon
2010-04-22, 08:07 AM
The method that Longcat uses to overlap different planes is persistent planar gates along it's length, Omnigate gates are temporary and close with their deactivation like most magic gates.

Either way, there is precedent for an omnigate being forced open using SCIENCE! :smallwink:

T-O-E
2010-04-22, 10:26 AM
Just give them common ancestors. Or eliminate evolution* altogether and just say the gods couldn't be bothered coming up with an entirely new species so they just copied an existing one, or something.

"The gods are lazy" angle covers up pretty much anything high fantasy.

* Genetic mutations anyway.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 10:52 AM
Just give them common ancestors. Or eliminate evolution* altogether and just say the gods couldn't be bothered coming up with an entirely new species so they just copied an existing one, or something.

"The gods are lazy" angle covers up pretty much anything high fantasy.

* Genetic mutations anyway.

The landfish actually evolved completely separate from divine intervention, and they do not have any similarities with any alien we've seen in ABR so far, so the 'The gods were lazy' explanation actually make a lot of sense.

There's a webcomic quote that I think could fit this nicely

Character (upon being asked if he find it odd that aliens look like humans): "Of course not, god created man in his own image, why should he do it otherwise other-where?"

(Not exact quote but you get the idea)

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 10:54 AM
I agree with Mad Mask. If they are identical to humans in all but name...a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 11:05 AM
I agree with Mad Mask. If they are identical to humans in all but name...a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

Oh but we're not arguing about that, just about how it could work :smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 11:34 AM
Oh but we're not arguing about that, just about how it could work :smallsmile:

I'm just arguing that they are humans.
Also, note that sustainable life on a planet is extremely rare. You have to have a planet that is pretty old and with a strong atmosphere. Then, you still need life. Then there are a lot of extinctions. The smallest thing can totally change the course of history. Humans evolved on plains. What if we had started out in forests? Or deserts? Heck, what if we'd evolved in the ocean? Octopi are very smart, if things had gone differently we could be aquatic.

On a smaller scale, say the plains are colder. The humans might be fatter, or have longer fur. Or say the plains are prone to flash floods. The humans could have flippers.

It just doesn't seem likely that they could be identical to humans if we use evolution. And I'm none too fond of not using evolution.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 11:46 AM
Also, note that sustainable life on a planet is extremely rare. You have to have a planet that is pretty old and with a strong atmosphere. Then, you still need life. Then there are a lot of extinctions. The smallest thing can totally change the course of history. Humans evolved on plains. What if we had started out in forests? Or deserts? Heck, what if we'd evolved in the ocean? Octopi are very smart, if things had gone differently we could be aquatic.

On a smaller scale, say the plains are colder. The humans might be fatter, or have longer fur. Or say the plains are prone to flash floods. The humans could have flippers.

It just doesn't seem likely that they could be identical to humans if we use evolution. And I'm none too fond of not using evolution.

Just because it's not likely doesn't mean it's impossible.

I understand chance to be the picking of one of the possibilities, no matter ow many it is always possible for each to be picked (in this case, a creature identical to humans)

But it shouldn't be as unlikely in Avbaroy as the gods have created the humans on that planet so they could have based them on a naturally evolved species or created both in their own image or whatever :smallsmile:

licoot
2010-04-22, 11:49 AM

But in any other situation we may not have developed higher intelligence, through those small changes you mentioned extrapolating and changing the whole make of the species, so it is possible that with the situation being correct for life as intelligent as ours, they would be very similar, although almost definitely not the same, other wise they would probably be completely different. But I'm not exactly a scientist so...

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 12:00 PM
My point is, using evolution, it's practically impossible for humans to develop EXACTLY the same, as Fayte implies. Even with divine intervention, they'd pretty much have to create them from scratch, because altering the situation would be awfully difficult.

licoot
2010-04-22, 12:05 PM
My point is, using evolution, it's practically impossible for humans to develop EXACTLY the same, as Fayte implies. Even with divine intervention, they'd pretty much have to create them from scratch, because altering the situation would be awfully difficult.

I accept that being hard, but with divine intervention you could end up with pretty much anything

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 12:21 PM

Still not completely impossible.

It is far more likely for them to have developed differently than humans, but not necessary.

I see your point but I just think it's reasonable anyway :smallsmile:

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 12:29 PM
Still not completely impossible.

It is far more likely for them to have developed differently than humans, but not necessary.

I see your point but I just think it's reasonable anyway :smallsmile:

Look, I'm not saying that there's a 5% chance or something. I'm no scientist, but I think the odds are closer to .5%.

Threeshades
2010-04-22, 12:50 PM
Look, I'm not saying that there's a 5% chance or something. I'm no scientist, but I think the odds are closer to .5%.

more like 0.0000001% but fortunately this universe isnt utterly without fantasy elements, so stop bothering. If fay wants boring human looking aliens, let her have boring human looking aliens. Be glad they're not awesome giagantic indestructible tentacle monster aliens.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 12:52 PM
In this one novel I was writing, the aliens were parrot-like creatures with very long talons. They evolved in swamps.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-22, 12:53 PM

I think they are closer to one in a billion, but yet I believe it to be possible.

Think of it as a billion-sided dice*, It might be near impossible to roll '1.000.000.000' but you could be lucky.

*Ignore the impossibility of such a dice.

licoot
2010-04-22, 02:49 PM
I think they are closer to one in a billion, but yet I believe it to be possible.

Think of it as a billion-sided dice*, It might be near impossible to roll '1.000.000.000' but you could be lucky.

*Ignore the impossibility of such a dice.

you'd have to be really unlucky to roll one on that:smalltongue:

Kumo
2010-04-22, 03:02 PM
you'd have to be really unlucky to roll one on that:smalltongue:

Not as unlucky as the people it rolls over :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 03:14 PM
Not as unlucky as the people it rolls over :smalltongue:

Nah, it could be small. It'd be pretty much a sphere to the naked eye, though. :smalltongue:

Kumo
2010-04-22, 03:23 PM
Nah, it could be small. It'd be pretty much a sphere to the naked eye, though. :smalltongue:

you're forgetting the text. to be readable, the die would have to be a certain size.

licoot
2010-04-22, 03:47 PM
It could just be like a very very small number and a microscope
so like the dice rolls underneith it...

....I'm confused:smallfrown:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-22, 04:33 PM
more like 0.0000001% but fortunately this universe isnt utterly without fantasy elements, so stop bothering. If fay wants boring human looking aliens, let her have boring human looking aliens. Be glad they're not awesome giagantic indestructible tentacle monster aliens.

Hmmmmmmm :smallamused:
XD Well I WAS toying with the Idea of Creating a Character of one of the Races from Fayte's homeworld... but Had no idea how they would have ended up on Avboroy.

Mad Mask
2010-04-22, 05:26 PM
Hmmmmmmm :smallamused:
XD Well I WAS toying with the Idea of Creating a Character of one of the Races from Fayte's homeworld... but Had no idea how they would have ended up on Avboroy.

I have no idea either, the coincidence of both Fayt and him being on the same planets are very, very big... unless you go with the "alternate universe" idea, which can easily explain it by saying they came back with the TJH team.

Why do you want them to be aliens, by the way? They could easily be humans in an alternate universe or humans transplanted on another planet without any changes whatsoever to your ideas.

EDIT: And please stop capitalising random words in the middle of the sentence... this isn't German, as far as I know it. :smalltongue:

Fay Graydon
2010-04-22, 05:49 PM
Why do you want them to be aliens, by the way? They could easily be humans in an alternate universe or humans transplanted on another planet without any changes whatsoever to your ideas.

It's a matter of principles... the main one being thus:
Tis my backstory with my characters.
And that I don't have to change my views on things to suit others >.>

I mean, I could say that the human's on Avboroy are the ones transplanted.
But all an Alien really is, is something that isnt considered "normal" which is why some foreigners are considered to be "Alien" in some countries.

EDIT:
WhY doN't YOU make mE? :smallamused::smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 06:41 PM
And that I don't have to change my views on things to suit others >.>

Can you please stop acting like we're the big, bad tyrants who are trying to infringe on your freedom? :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-04-22, 06:45 PM
I don't really get the whole "aliens frowned upon" thing. Both Qs are alien and so is Nath Bortak (another character I plan to re-introduce into Fi for those who may not know) and so far there's been no problems.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 06:56 PM
I don't really get the whole "aliens frowned upon" thing. Both Qs are alien and so is Nath Bortak (another character I plan to re-introduce into Fi for those who may not know) and so far there's been no problems.

Hmm? What 'aliens frowned upon' thing? :smallconfused:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-04-22, 06:59 PM
Hmm? What 'aliens frowned upon' thing? :smallconfused:

...I remember a little while ago an arguement Fayte and Mask had over aliens in FI, and what the rules should be around them. based on what was being siad, I suppose I guessed it started up again. :smallconfused:

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 07:06 PM
...I remember a little while ago an arguement Fayte and Mask had over aliens in FI, and what the rules should be around them. based on what was being siad, I suppose I guessed it started up again. :smallconfused:

Um, no. We're just talking about Fayte's characters and how it seems unnecessarily implausible for them to be aliens from another planet, since they're identical to humans. It would make more sense for them to be from another dimension.

Threeshades
2010-04-22, 07:09 PM
Um, no. We're just talking about Fayte's characters and how it seems unnecessarily implausible for them to be aliens from another planet, since they're identical to humans. It would make more sense for them to be from another dimension.

This is just priceless. Being from another dimension just got more plausible than being an alien that looks like a human. :smallbiggrin:

Kumo
2010-04-22, 07:12 PM
It could just be like a very very small number and a microscope
so like the dice rolls underneith it...

....I'm confused:smallfrown:

The ink would bleed together making it a bunch of tiny white spots.

Weren't the Q's from the Qinverse or something? Also: both of my characters are from an alternate dimension.

Mad Mask
2010-04-22, 07:20 PM
This is just priceless. Being from another dimension just got more plausible than being an alien that looks like a human. :smallbiggrin:

Alternate realities (not dimension, it's the wrong term) are a proven reality in Avbaroy's universe. Humans independently evolving on another planet are still as impossible as they are in the real world. Just because there are dragons doesn't mean there's gotta be unicorns, you know. :smalltongue:

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 07:23 PM
The ink would bleed together making it a bunch of tiny white spots.

Depends on how you do it. What if you scratched the numbers in? With a sufficiently small knife and good enough technology, it's perfectly possible.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-22, 07:47 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/oots/g001.png

Can he gaurd something important later on?

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 07:47 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/CrimsonAngelChris/oots/g001.png

Can he gaurd something important later on?

What is it with you and skulls, CA? :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-22, 07:48 PM
Thay're spooky and shamaney.

Wait, I can only think of 2 instances i've used them.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 07:58 PM
Thay're spooky and shamaney.

Wait, I can only think of 2 instances i've used them.

Sure. Now, take a look at the other ABR characters. How many of them wear skulls?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-22, 07:58 PM
I can't think of any.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-04-22, 08:14 PM
Weren't the Q's from the Qinverse or something?

The Q Continuum. But still, I guess it doesn't really apply to the debate.

Alternate realities (not dimension, it's the wrong term) are a proven reality in Avbaroy's universe. Humans independently evolving on another planet are still as impossible as they are in the real world.

Except on Distantous, the planet which My Name Is Q and Smooth Moves are set on. Humans, as well as a whole bunch of other species shared with Avbaroy, have evolved there. So it IS possible.

Although I haven't decided if they actually did evolve independently or whether there might actually be a shared history somehow. But still, 50-50 chance that it has already been proven in the ABR canon.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 08:15 PM
I can't think of any.

Now, follow that to it's logical conclusion, as follows:
1. You are the ony one to use skulls so much.
2. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
3. ???
4. That'll be fifty dollars, plus tax, for my expert council.

Wait, didn't humans come to Avbaroy from elsewhere? Or is that Golarion I'm thinking of. :smallconfused:

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-22, 08:21 PM
So one random kill person I just converted to oots from my DDO character and a lizard shaman make me skull crazy.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 08:45 PM
So one random kill person I just converted to oots from my DDO character and a lizard shaman make me skull crazy.

I reserve the right to ONE video game hating argument here, since DLB bugged me about Runescape a while ago. :smalltongue:
If that's Stormreach you speak of, then get out NOW. That game is one of the worst things I've come across since a certain book about vampires. It's lousy, doesn't work on Linux, and is owned by Hasbro. It also rips off the game that ripped off original D&D, which shows you that the creators really don't care about it.

Kumo
2010-04-22, 08:50 PM
Alternate realities (not dimension, it's the wrong term) are a proven reality in Avbaroy's universe. Humans independently evolving on another planet are still as impossible as they are in the real world. Just because there are dragons doesn't mean there's gotta be unicorns, you know. :smalltongue:

1.There are gods. 'Nuff said
2. It's not impossible, Mask, and you know it.
3. Assuming hospitable worlds are more common in ABR's universe (which as far as we know is at least 3:1), it's actually MORE likely.
4. The human body is fairly useful for civilizations. even if the body isn't 100% human it can still be close enough for any differences to be unnoticeable (particularly since it's a stick figure).

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 08:53 PM
3. Assuming hospitable worlds are more common in ABR's universe (which as far as we know is at least 3:1), it's actually MORE likely.
4. The human body is fairly useful for civilizations. even if the body isn't 100% human it can still be close enough for any differences to be unnoticeable (particularly since it's a stick figure).

1. Fair enough.
2. He didn't say it was impossible, he just said it was as impossible as it is here. It ain't impossible here, but it's close, so that's the same in Avbaroy.
3. No, they aren't. The aliens we see are all just more advanced and therefore capable of space travel. Aliens in real life clearly are not.
4. Fayte said that his humans were identical to Avbaroy humans, and I already went over this. They wouldn't look the same if there were any real differences.

Mad Mask
2010-04-22, 09:06 PM

1. So? Avbaroy gods are ascended humans, and they can't reach beyond that planet, while the universal overgods simply do not care.
2. Maybe not theoretically, but practically it is.
3. What?
4. That's not true, humans are a ridiculously inefficient body plan that is the result of millions of years of a chain of improbable accidents and coincidences. I could draw up over a dozen designs that are far better than the human body for civilisation. For an example, look at dragonflies and raptors: they're made for about the same thing but they're radically different. For an alien species, I expect the difference to be even greater.

Kumo
2010-04-22, 09:24 PM
1. So? Avbaroy gods are ascended humans, and they can't reach beyond that planet, while the universal overgods simply do not care.
2. Maybe not theoretically, but practically it is.
3. What?
4. That's not true, humans are a ridiculously inefficient body plan that is the result of millions of years of a chain of improbable accidents and coincidences. I could draw up over a dozen designs that are far better than the human body for civilisation. For an example, look at dragonflies and raptors: they're made for about the same thing but they're radically different. For an alien species, I expect the difference to be even greater.

1. Evidently somebody gave a crap at some point or humans wouldn't be there, period. Not caring anymore is not the same as never caring.
2. It's impossible practically because the number of planets that can support life in this universe is, as far as we know, extremely low one. That's not the case in Avbaroy.
3. (Q Continuum(Sp?)+Avbaroy+Sovice-world-whose-name escapes-me+ X amount of planets sovices terrorized) is the three, one earth is the one.
4. I said 'fairly useful' not 'the ultimate in civilization producing species'

1. Fair enough.
2. He didn't say it was impossible, he just said it was as impossible as it is here. It ain't impossible here, but it's close, so that's the same in Avbaroy.
3. No, they aren't. The aliens we see are all just more advanced and therefore capable of space travel. Aliens in real life clearly are not.
4. Fayte said that his humans were identical to Avbaroy humans, and I already went over this. They wouldn't look the same if there were any real differences.

2. Wrong, see above.
3. I don't see how you can clearly tell something about something that isn't very clear to exist, period >.> Also, YES, hospitable worlds are more common in avbaroy's world (from what we know of both, anyway) so YES, life is more likely.
4. What on EARTH did that have to do with what i said?

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 09:28 PM
1. Evidently somebody gave a crap at some point or humans wouldn't be there, period. Not caring anymore is not the same as never caring.
2. It's impossible practically because the number of planets that can support life in this universe is, as far as we know, extremely low. That's not the case in Avbaroy.
3. (Q Continuum(Sp?)+Avbaroy+Sovice-world-whose-name escapes-me+ X amount of planets sovices terrorized) is the three, one earth is the one.
4. I said 'fairly useful' not 'the ultimate in civilization producing species'

1. Humans evolved. I expect the Overgods just created a few basic life forms.
2. I cry dog and--ah, forget it. Avbaroy has the same amount of life-sustaining planets as we do, their inhabitants just are better at making their presence known. If you paid attention to me, you'd see I already explained this.
3. Redundant.
4. Yeah, but if they aren't perfect, then what are the odds of them cropping up again?

Again now:
2. You aren't paying attention, and I lack the time to explain it.
3. Okay, now you're just being ridiculous. I keep telling you that NO, Avbaroy's universe has no more sustainable planets than we do. DOn't you pay attention? :smallannoyed:
It does, but again you aren't paying attention.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-22, 09:29 PM
So can my lizard gaurd a key?

Kumo
2010-04-22, 09:32 PM
1. Humans evolved. I expect the Overgods just created a few basic life forms.
2. I cry dog and--ah, forget it. Avbaroy has the same amount of life-sustaining planets as we do, their inhabitants just are better at making their presence known. If you paid attention to me, you'd see I already explained this.
3. Redundant.
4. Yeah, but if they aren't perfect, then what are the odds of them cropping up again?

2. ... We know of exactly ONE planet capable of supporting life in our galaxy. Avbaroy's got at least three - actually more than that.
4. Pretty good, actually, considering alien species don't start out perfect and it's been shown to occur at least once (actually twice, if you include Janni)

Again now:
2. You aren't paying attention, and I lack the time to explain it.
3. Okay, now you're just being ridiculous. I keep telling you that NO, Avbaroy's universe has no more sustainable planets than we do. DOn't you pay attention? :smallannoyed:
It does, but again you aren't paying attention.
3. I AM, you just aren't making any sense.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 09:35 PM
That's it. Last time, from the top. Just because we have found no planets in our universe--not galaxy--capable of sustaining life other than Earth doesn't mean there are none.
Avbaroy's aliens have excellent technology and communicate well with Avbaroyians, which is why we know of more planets. Who says they're anywhere near Avbaroy, relatively speaking? Nobody except you. :smallannoyed:

Kumo
2010-04-22, 09:37 PM
That's it. Last time, from the top. Just because we have found no planets in our universe--not galaxy--capable of sustaining life other than Earth doesn't mean there are none.
Avbaroy's aliens have excellent technology and communicate well with Avbaroyians, which is why we know of more planets. Who says they're anywhere near Avbaroy, relatively speaking? Nobody except you. :smallannoyed:

Which is why i kept including the phrase 'as far as we know'. Obviously, there might be more, and in fact there probably are. But if you don't have info either confirming or denying, you do without.

'Galaxy wide' is hardly near. :smallannoyed:

EDIT: Also, i went back and looked, you state the idea that Avbaroy and our universe have equal livable planetrs as an ironclad fact when we do not, in actuality, know this. At all.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 09:41 PM
Which is why i kept including the phrase 'as far as we know'. Obviously, there might be more, and in fact there probably are. But if you don't have info either confirming or denying, you do without.

'Galaxy wide' is hardly near. :smallannoyed:

Now who's not making sense? Apparently your listening skills need some work. :smallwink:
Okay, here's how I see things:

Earth's universe has a huge amount of unexplored terrain, and because we have found no alien life in our little drop in the bucket you say our universe has less.

Avbaroy's universe has a huge amount of explored terrain, and has therefore found a lot of alien life. Therefore, you say Avbaroy's universe has more life than ours does.

That's like two farmers: One guy has never used his field and claims it can't support growth. The other plants crops every year and gets a decent harvest. Does the first guy have a less fertile field? Or is that just his assumption?

Kumo
2010-04-22, 09:53 PM
Now who's not making sense? Apparently your listening skills need some work. :smallwink:

How could you tell that fact from a text based conversation? :smallamused: (you're right, i'm just curious)

Okay, here's how I see things:

Earth's universe has a huge amount of unexplored terrain, and because we have found no alien life in our little drop in the bucket you say our universe has less.What part of 'AS FAR AS WE KNOW' is not crossing through your brain?

Avbaroy's universe has a huge amount of explored terrain, and has therefore found a lot of alien life. Therefore, you say Avbaroy's universe has more life than ours does.AS FAR AS WE KNOW!!!!

Come to think of it, it's not really all that germaine to the point anyway: if life occurs often in a universe then the same form of life springing up is not all that unlikely.

SinisterPenguin
2010-04-22, 09:56 PM

Woah woah wait what?

Am I misunderstanding this? How is it at all "clear" that aliens in real life are not capable of space travel?

Also, MM, Grem...just chill. Is Fay breaking the rules of ABR as outlined in the first post in any way? No. Is having human-like aliens actively causing real problems for the people involved in the plot? No. So why are you making this a big issue?

Seriously. Just let it be, y'know? This is a collaborative effort, and that means being willing to play ball with the other people involved even if they do something that offends your delicate sensibilities.

Kumo
2010-04-22, 09:58 PM
Woah woah wait what?

Am I misunderstanding this? How is it at all "clear" that aliens in real life are not capable of space travel?

Also, MM, Grem...just chill. Is Fay breaking the rules of ABR as outlined in the first post in any way? No. Is having human-like aliens actively causing real problems for the people involved in the plot? No. So why are you making this a big issue?

Seriously. Just let it be, y'know? This is a collaborative effort, and that means being willing to play ball with the other people involved even if they do something that offends your delicate sensibilities.

Shh, i want to see how long this goes! LOL just kidding.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 10:05 PM
Woah woah wait what?

KP, please calm down. We're trying to have a debate here. Just like we did over the Ogre incident, though I technically was breaking no rules. Oh, and passive aggressiveness is rather rude.

Kuma, I get the 'as far as we know' bit, but you stated the whole thing as if it were fact, like is was set in stone that Earth had less life-sustaining planets in its universe.

Kumo
2010-04-22, 10:09 PM
Kuma, I get the 'as far as we know' bit, but you stated the whole thing as if it were fact, like is was set in stone that Earth had less life-sustaining planets in its universe.

Pot, this is kettle. come in, over. :smallannoyed:

That's what you do when you include that phrase: 'as far as we know' automatically means it's not a set-in-stone fact, there's no need to do so any further.

Also: DON'T. CALL. ME. KUMA.

The Gremlin
2010-04-22, 10:41 PM
Pot, this is kettle. come in, over. :smallannoyed:

That's what you do when you include that phrase: 'as far as we know' automatically means it's not a set-in-stone fact, there's no need to do so any further.

Also: DON'T. CALL. ME. KUMA.

Excellent, another way to anger people by names! :smallbiggrin:
Kuma, I didn't mean you said it was set in stone, I mean that you treated it like it was when you listed it. That's all I'm saying.

Darklord Bright
2010-04-22, 11:02 PM
Remind me again why any of this matters? This is fantasy. In a world where much stranger and more implausible things are possible, having aliens who look like humans isn't exactly that weird...

Fin
2010-04-23, 01:25 AM

Seconded!

Remind me again why any of this matters? This is fantasy. In a world where much stranger and more implausible things are possible, having aliens who look like humans isn't exactly that weird...

Thirded? .... Double-Seconded? :smallconfused: Either way I agree with this as well. For all we know there are too planets identical to each other in every conceivable way, the fact that it is stupidly improbable is irrelevant. As long as it is even a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000001 in Quadra-super-billion chance than in a fantasy work we have total liscence to use it!

Darklord Bright
2010-04-23, 04:38 AM
So, at least four people saying that it doesn't matter, and two saying it does. I'd say that as a collaborative project, the verdict is "It doesn't matter."

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 09:17 AM
Not sure if you counted me, I didnt count them , but just to be sure I also think it doesn't matter, especially because this is still fantasy.

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 09:32 AM
So, at least four people saying that it doesn't matter, and two saying it does. I'd say that as a collaborative project, the verdict is "It doesn't matter."

Except this isn't a democracy. That's not how it works. We don't vote, we work out the problem until we can all agree. Unanimous or nothing.

I think it makes sense to Fayte to make ONE change, probably an unnoticeable one. Maybe they have large ears. Or maybe their eyesight is poor and so they have excellent noses. Stuff like that. But a few minor differences are all it takes for me to agree.
Not exactly like humans, though. In my opinion, that's taking this too far.

/\ Actually, it's more like Sci-Fan.

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 09:34 AM
Except this isn't a democracy. That's not how it works. We don't vote, we work out the problem until we can all agree. Unanimous or nothing.

I think it makes sense to Fayte to make ONE change, probably an unnoticeable one. Maybe they have large ears. Or maybe their eyesight is poor and so they have excellent noses. Stuff like that. But a few minor differences are all it takes for me to agree.
Not exactly like humans, though. In my opinion, that's taking this too far.

/\ Actually, it's more like Sci-Fan.
Sci-Fan still has fan.

They're Fay's characters anyway so it's her choice. I'm not cmplaining about your character looking exactly like a cat and still being able to talk like a human.

Also as far as I remember the race who created the first sovice also looked remarkably human.

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 09:37 AM
Sci-Fan still has fan.

They're Fay's characters anyway so it's her choice. I'm not cmplaining about your character looking exactly like a cat and still being able to talk like a human.

Yeah, I was just pointing it out as an aside.

The Ogres (to mention them again)were my creation, but there was still objection. There's a limit to how unrealistic something can be. Even in fantasy, you're supposed to respect probabilities.

Oh, and the cat is awakened and therefore magic allows him to speak Common(the same way Xykon's speech is explained).

I seem to recall that the Janni had some differences.

Look, people, I'm not asking for much. All it takes is a few minor changes and I'm fine with it. But exactly like humans? No. Carping. Way.

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 09:44 AM
This has gone beyond the point of difference.

Isnt this universe created by gods? Can'T gods just copy other god's ideas if they like them? (beside the point that most gods seem to look like humans, nd like to create stuff after their own image)

licoot
2010-04-23, 10:22 AM
I don't see the problem, surely even if there is just a 0.000000000000000000000001 chance, there still is chance, and if gods made this universe they could easily copy something, they are gods after all, so just leave it, it doesn't matter.

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 10:53 AM
I don't see the problem, surely even if there is just a 0.000000000000000000000001 chance, there still is chance, and if gods made this universe they could easily copy something, they are gods after all, so just leave it, it doesn't matter.

Dude, MM already went over this. Gods cannot, because they're limited to their planet, and Overgods don't care. How hard is it to make them non-identical? Not so hard, Fayte would never even have to change his templates.

Fay Graydon
2010-04-23, 11:26 AM
Dude, MM already went over this. Gods cannot, because they're limited to their planet, and Overgods don't care. How hard is it to make them non-identical? Not so hard, Faywould never even have to change Hertemplates.

That's only the Gods of Avboroy.
Fayte's pantheon (which I'm actually writing the effective Bible for) might not work in that way, but basically what im saying is that just cuz MM says something only makes it work for X but not Y or Z

In this case, Fayte is from X and therefore isnt governed by the laws of Z unless it is a law of the WHOLE alphabetic.
And no one person can make the laws for the whole alphabetic.

Also please start getting my name and gender right Grem.
I'm not getting annoyed, but it is somewhat irritating.
Also I will end up reporting you for trying to aggravate me by purposefully calling me the wrong name and also gender.
Thanks.

EDIT:
Besides if what MM said WAS true, then Fayte's gods would then be on Avboroy as if he believes in them there is purpose to be there.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-23, 12:18 PM

Didn't I use this argument about three times already?

But nevermind, if you guys don't stop this madness and let the poor girl have her fun then I WILL sing, you have been warned :smallannoyed:

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 01:46 PM
{Scrubbed}

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-23, 02:47 PM
{Scrubbed}

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 02:48 PM
{Scrubbed}

I need to lighten up? He's the one who started yelling at me. And he's the one who threatened to report me. :smallannoyed:

Also, I'm afraid I don't know what 'gaurding' is, so I can't help you. Now, if you said guarding...

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-23, 02:53 PM
I don't read walls of text, and when I see them I assume someone is pissed or a bit boring. When I read the smaller comments they were pretty damn angry, so excuse me for thinking you guys are going crazy.

... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5- i'm going to set your nest on fire.

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 02:54 PM
I don't read walls of text, and when I see them I assume someone is pissed or a bit boring. When I read the smaller comments they were pretty damn angry, so excuse me for thinking you guys are going crazy.

Um...wow. I guess this explains why you never take part in debates.
LOOK OUT! READING! :smalleek::smallwink:

6, 7, 8, 9, 10--I'm going to put a dictionary in your home.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-23, 02:56 PM
So can my damn lizard gaurd a damn key!?

Sure as hell... Waitaminute I don't believe in hell, eh, sure as the sun?

We are pretty much making FFF:R up as we go along so we don't have much in plans of what is guarding what or anything.

Mad Mask
2010-04-23, 02:58 PM
All right, if it's explained by gods, then I don't mind. What I mind is Crystaria's humans having evolved naturally (in the Real Life™ way), which would be practically impossible.

Although I liked the Alternate Universe idea, it would have been easier for Fay to introduce more Crystarian characters.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-23, 02:59 PM
Um...wow. I guess this explains why you never take part in debates.
LOOK OUT! READING! :smalleek::smallwink:

6, 7, 8, 9, 10--I'm going to put a dictionary in your home.

Screw the damn winking thing, this thread is starting to piss me the hell off.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-23, 03:06 PM
Screw the damn winking thing, this thread is starting to piss me the hell off.

Cookie of apology?

Just don't be mad at the thread, it's not it's fault :smallfrown:

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-23, 03:07 PM
The thread totaly.

I don't want a cookie.

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 03:08 PM
Yipety! :smalleek:
Also, CA, I'm sorry to mention your age, but I think that language is a bit harsh here.

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 03:21 PM
:smallfrown: could we stop this now, before ABR gets closed for good?

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 03:24 PM

The alien thing is already over, so I'll assume you mean CA's thing. And I agree, I see no reason to let such a minor issue endanger our comic.

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-23, 03:24 PM
^:It's totaly all my fault.

Rainbows and ponies and ohmygoshawhale.

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 03:26 PM
Smurf! I never smurfed this whole smurfument would lead to such smurfitude!

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 03:27 PM
SERIOUSLY :smallannoyed:

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-23, 03:29 PM
SERIOUSLY :smallannoyed:

*angst*

OK, we'll stop.

Also pie.

The Gremlin
2010-04-23, 03:29 PM
Smurfiously. :smallannoyed:

I think it smurfs things down.

Kumo
2010-04-23, 04:14 PM
awwwww, i was having fun :smallfrown: and winning for once

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 04:39 PM
I think it smurfs things down.

The word smurf was actually just a censorship sound laid over all the swear words that were used in the show.

Kumo
2010-04-23, 05:23 PM
The word smurf was actually just a censorship sound laid over all the swear words that were used in the show.

... so what were the smurfs actually called?

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 05:37 PM
... so what were the smurfs actually called?

The ****s.

Fin
2010-04-23, 05:42 PM
Threesy, are you making a comic to continue from mine or do you want me to come up with something?

Threeshades
2010-04-23, 05:46 PM
Threesy, are you making a comic to continue from mine or do you want me to come up with something?

I couldnt really come up with anything.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-23, 08:14 PM

Sheriff of Moddingham: This is a very real possibility. Be more civil or leave the thread, people. Threads that seem inherently rule violating are likely to be locked and stay locked.

Kumo
2010-04-23, 09:53 PM
CA: do you want to make another on the train or should I? Cuz if you'd prefer i did it i'd need to know how the kid will respond.

Also: Why is it scary to post right after a mod/admin?

CrimsonAngel
2010-04-23, 09:54 PM
I want you to make a comic, but I don't know how to react.

Kumo
2010-04-23, 10:22 PM

meh. i could if i had any idea what the kid would say or do.

Mina Kobold
2010-04-24, 02:29 AM

What about:

"Gnome? Uh, sure a gnome, no kids here.

You should probably ask for directions in up in the front of the train, they know way more than an inconspicuous gnome like me"

:smallsmile:

Fin
2010-04-24, 04:34 AM
I couldnt really come up with anything.

I'll give it a bash then, I'm sure I can think of something.

EDIT: Behold I too have been converted by the mighty Cheesecake of the Threeshades' Holy Panda Army!

Mina Kobold
2010-04-24, 05:42 AM
EDIT: Behold I too have been converted by the mighty Cheesecake of the Threeshades' Holy Panda Army!

Welcome, brother, we have been waiting.

Because we needed another player for Mariokart :smalltongue: