PDA

View Full Version : ABR Discussion Thread XXXII - Imperfectly Rebooted

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Mina Kobold
2010-05-07, 02:53 PM
Fine then, get out of my upstairs library! :smallannoyed:

Sure, have a nice day!

*goes outside*

(Surprise! I'm not stereo-typical :smalltongue:)

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-07, 02:54 PM
Oooo, i'm on your laaaaawn!

licoot
2010-05-07, 03:46 PM
*creeps out of lurking*
how dare you tread on the lawn of the mighty three shades:smallannoyed:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-07, 04:01 PM
*creeps out of lurking*
how dare you tread on the lawn of the mighty three shades:smallannoyed:

Why were you lurking? :smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-07, 04:12 PM
Why were you lurking? :smallconfused:

Because he had nothing to write?

Or maybe they're having a party without us! Those sneaky lurkers.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-07, 04:14 PM
I should set him on fire. But this cimputer dosen't have my templates.

Threeshades
2010-05-07, 04:15 PM
Because he had nothing to write?

Or maybe they're having a party without us! Those sneaky lurkers.

A lurking party? A party where everyone does his best to stay out of the others' sight...?
that's gotta be..... AWESOME!

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-07, 04:20 PM
*lurk lurk lurk*

Go Guildwars!

Rae Artemi
2010-05-07, 08:01 PM
Nowhere near what we've seen from Crimson, he IS crazy.

But then again, most of us are :smalltongue:
EDIT:

@Threesy: ... But I'm in your attic.

Oh, you have no Idea how crazy I can be. No idea. Let's just say Denimancy has been one of my most sane ideas,

licoot
2010-05-08, 04:12 AM
*lurk*
this lurking party is surprisingly eventful:smalltongue:
*lurk*

Fay Graydon
2010-05-08, 08:17 AM
Go Guildwars!

I call your Guildwars and raise you Earth and Beyond.

Kumo
2010-05-08, 08:38 AM
Oh, you have no Idea how crazy I can be. No idea. Let's just say Denimancy has been one of my most sane ideas,
Removed due to misinterpretation possibility

I call your Guildwars and raise you Earth and Beyond.

I'll see your Earth and Beyond, and raise you Starcraft 2.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-08, 08:48 AM
I'll see your Earth and Beyond, and raise you Starcraft 2.

I'll see your Starcraft II and raise you one Dr. Who the Video Game
*hovers back and casts Prismatic Sphere to protect self from the insanity* :smallamused:

Nameless
2010-05-08, 09:07 AM
Guild Wars is amazing. But only if you have friends playing it with you, otherwise it gets boring.

Kumo
2010-05-08, 09:20 AM
Guild Wars is amazing. But only if you have friends playing it with you, otherwise it gets boring.

That would explain why i hated that game

Threeshades
2010-05-08, 09:46 AM
Super Mario Bros. 3 end of story.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-08, 10:16 AM

I personally prefer "Life", the actual game is is a bit bland and the plot is confusing but the mini-games are awesome, a shame everybody keeps argues about whose idea it was first, though :smalltongue:

@Kumo: You've got no friends to play with? Too bad :smallfrown:

Kumo
2010-05-08, 10:17 AM

We're betting. You don't win poker by putting all in >.>

@Kumo: You've got no friends to play with? Too bad :smallfrown:

I didn't when i was playing the game except this one guy who was never on... that and i never quite got the hang of using a necromancer properly =/

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-08, 11:41 AM
Sometimes I play with my dad, but I'v pretty much betten everything and go on to get armor and do the new stuff they added in transition to GW2.

Silverraptor
2010-05-08, 12:13 PM
I take all your games and raise it to League of Legends.:smallamused:

Emperor Ing
2010-05-08, 12:33 PM
I take all your games and raise it to League of Legends.:smallamused:

I take your League of Legends and raise you one Superman 64. :smallbiggrin:

licoot
2010-05-08, 12:54 PM
I take your League of Legends and raise you one Superman 64.
I raise you Super Smash Bros Brawl:smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-05-08, 01:01 PM
I raise you Super Smash Bros Brawl:smalltongue:

I raise you Super Smash Brothers Melee. :smallamused:

BRC
2010-05-08, 01:03 PM
I raise you Super Smash Brothers Melee. :smallamused:
I raise you Pong.

licoot
2010-05-08, 01:12 PM
I raise you pinball

Lord Raziere
2010-05-08, 01:21 PM
I raise you pinball

I raise you Chess.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-08, 01:29 PM
I raise you DnD.

BRC
2010-05-08, 01:30 PM
I raise you DnD.
I raise you kubb.

licoot
2010-05-08, 01:32 PM
firstly, where do you get these games from
secondly, i raise you Ms. Pacman

Silverraptor
2010-05-08, 01:45 PM
And I'm calling an end to this now. Sorry guys.

Kumo
2010-05-08, 01:49 PM
Quick! Someone start a game thread!

Threeshades
2010-05-09, 06:57 AM
"ABR Game Discussion Thread I - We finally managed to go entirely beside the point" coming right up.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-09, 07:02 AM
Who would win in a fight between Commander Shepard and Marcus Fenix?

Kumo
2010-05-09, 08:39 AM
Who would win in a fight between Commander Shepard and Marcus Fenix?

I vote commander shepard because i have no idea who marcus fenix is and shepard's powers are ridiculously ambiguous =)

Lyinginbedmon
2010-05-09, 09:48 AM
I also vote Shephard because Fenix tends to focus on brute force whilst Shephard can make you float about in zero grav and potshot you.

Kumo
2010-05-09, 05:07 PM
I also vote Shephard because Fenix tends to focus on brute force whilst Shephard can make you float about in zero grav and potshot you.

Unless he picked soldier. Then he DOES focus on brute force...

You know what? Rand, could you tell us what kind of Shepard you were thinking of? Just to make this easier?

Lyinginbedmon
2010-05-09, 05:16 PM
Unless he picked soldier. Then he DOES focus on brute force...

You know what? Rand, could you tell us what kind of Shepard you were thinking of? Just to make this easier?

Does it matter? Fenix is also generally solo or duet, Shephard is, depending on circumstance, at least 3 people, one of whom is almost regularly able to negate gravity.

Falgorn
2010-05-09, 05:17 PM
*lurk lurk lurk*

Go Guildwars!

You play, too?

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs41/150/f/2009/025/3/c/Awsome_face__by_shadowpuppy132.png

I'm a necromancer.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-09, 05:22 PM
I'm several classes, but my main is a dervish.

Kumo
2010-05-09, 06:20 PM
Does it matter? Fenix is also generally solo or duet, Shephard is, depending on circumstance, at least 3 people, one of whom is almost regularly able to negate gravity.

First, you forgot the midway classes =/
Second, if you mean the squads, we were talking about shepard himself, right?

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-09, 06:38 PM
You play, too?

I'm a necromancer.

Maybe we could quest together sometime.

Lyinginbedmon
2010-05-10, 03:10 PM
One of the most intricate designs I've ever done is now the wiki, Chief Akatar'is of the Der'o Fasciid (http://abr.wetpaint.com/page/Chief+Akatar%27is). He's pretty dead these days but then so are a lot of characters in ABR :smalltongue:

Also looking for some reader contributions on what to write next here (http://www.remembercomic.co.uk/2010/05/09/chronicles-of-arcania-where-to-now/).

And lastly, intending to have the Silan (dog) unit seek out the Citadel as the most recognisable friendly structure, though might be a while since I've got exams this week, comics to make to cover my trip to Bath next week, etc.

SinisterPenguin
2010-05-10, 06:31 PM
New FFF: R up.

In retrospect it would probably be cooler if I had waited until the very final absolute last battle of FFF: R or something and then whipped out the bee gun, but hey.

Also, don't ask how SP managed to conceal the bee gun behind his back all this time. Or how he's carrying it. :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-10, 06:50 PM
New FFF: R up.

In retrospect it would probably be cooler if I had waited until the very final absolute last battle of FFF: R or something and then whipped out the bee gun, but hey.

Well, If it means anything to you, the bee gun has already shown up. :smalltongue:

FFFR
http://i49.tinypic.com/2z5uqn9.png

SinisterPenguin
2010-05-10, 07:02 PM
Well, If it means anything to you, the bee gun has already shown up. :smalltongue:

Well, yeah, but that was right after it's first appearance. I suppose I meant to actually use it in battle.

Threeshades
2010-05-10, 07:10 PM
I haven't really been keeping track but I'm going to assume most everyone's started fighting for real now.

FFF: R

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/SinisterPenguin/fffr16new.png

Bees. My god!

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-10, 07:13 PM
Bees. My god!

This is why you're a patron god.

Kumo
2010-05-10, 10:02 PM
I just thought of something.

In these comics a penguin either doesn't have nostrils or has them on their beak, right? If that's the case... do they talk with their noses / smell with their mouths?

Stupid-o-meter: 94%

V'icternus
2010-05-11, 12:57 AM
Kumo.

Stick figures.

Nobody has a nose.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-11, 02:42 AM
This is why you're a patron god.

there is no one reason for Threesy being a patron god, but if you have to mention one then let it be fashion.

Because that's so silly that we have to use it at least once :smalltongue:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-11, 06:06 AM
Nobody has a nose.

Absolutely. :smalltongue:

Kumo
2010-05-11, 06:12 AM
Kumo.

Stick figures.

Nobody has a nose.

Correction: nobody's nose is DRAWN

Mad Mask
2010-05-11, 06:23 AM

One letter : Q.

Kumo
2010-05-11, 06:37 AM
One letter : Q.

you know what we mean -_-

V'icternus
2010-05-11, 06:49 AM
Sorry, sorry.

Nobody important has a nose. :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-05-11, 06:53 AM
Sorry, sorry.

Nope, sorry. Too late. Already made your statement. Too late to make addendums.

Silverraptor
2010-05-11, 09:37 AM
You know, I don't remember seeing the Q using the Bee-gun in the archive...>.>

Fay Graydon
2010-05-11, 12:53 PM
Nobody has a nose.

I think you'll find that Mr. Nobody has no nose :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-11, 01:13 PM
I think you'll find that Mr. Nobody has no nose :smallbiggrin:

Whatever happened to Mechafox anyway?

To my memory he was a fun and contributing member of ABR, but then he seemed to have faded away... Just like so many others have :smallfrown:

Oh well, no use in worrying, gotta keep happy :smallsmile:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-11, 02:17 PM
Sorry, sorry.

:smallfrown:

*sulks*

Mina Kobold
2010-05-11, 02:30 PM
:smallfrown:

*sulks*

Don't worry, it's not like any of us are that important. Though, I do consider the planet we live on insignificant so that doesn't say much...

Anyway; don't worry, be happy! :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-13, 01:45 AM
hey this looks fun.

mind if I join in? don't worry I've read how to join and won't even bother with a "hello" panel or anything silly like that.

basically I'm interested in this place and I've already read the original near 2000-comic long archive in 4 days (if you read all of A Song of Ice and Fire and Wheel of Time, you can read ANYTHING, trust me) plus the reboot. not interested in FI. plus I've read the rules.

why've I done all this? pays to do your research mate.

what you guys say about this?

Mina Kobold
2010-05-13, 02:57 AM
hey this looks fun.

mind if I join in? don't worry I've read how to join and won't even bother with a "hello" panel or anything silly like that.

basically I'm interested in this place and I've already read the original near 2000-comic long archive in 4 days (if you read all of A Song of Ice and Fire and Wheel of Time, you can read ANYTHING, trust me) plus the reboot. not interested in FI. plus I've read the rules.

As long as you don't god-mod then you're welcome to do whatever you want.

Oh, and welcome Raziere, good to see you ol' chap :smallbiggrin:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-13, 09:26 AM
As long as you don't god-mod then you're welcome to do whatever you want.

Oh, and welcome Raziere, good to see you ol' chap :smallbiggrin:

bah, godmodding is boring, whats the point of battling if there is no chance you can't win? :smallwink:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-13, 10:05 AM
bah, godmodding is boring, whats the point of battling if there is no chance you can't win? :smallwink:

'Xactly :smallwink:

It seems you're all set, now make a character, kill Nightwing and join a plot!

licoot
2010-05-13, 02:46 PM
hey this looks fun.

Hi:smallbiggrin:
How did you read that much?, I've read FI but never got far through FFFR, I've read the biggining and the end but not the middle:smalleek:, and I've been here for a while

Kumo
2010-05-13, 02:58 PM
How did you read that much?, I've read FI but never got far through FFFR, I've read the biggining and the end but not the middle:smalleek:, and I've been here for a while

i read through the entire FFF archive, or at least what was left. FFR's not that much to read =/

Mina Kobold
2010-05-13, 03:08 PM
i read through the entire FFF archive, or at least what was left. FFR's not that much to read =/

Pulled the same feat when I joined, was still a jerk, though :smallsigh::smallfrown:

Hope I ain't anymore, but you never know.

Anyway, Back to ABR related stuff...

So, how's the ABR stuff going? :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-13, 03:12 PM
I'm waiting for Rae to kill me. :smallfrown:

Kumo
2010-05-13, 03:31 PM

I'm waiting for you to respond to me asking if you're a kid or a gnome.

And wondering why i haven't posted a certain one-panel thing yet.

Fay Graydon
2010-05-13, 05:39 PM
'Xactly :smallwink:

It seems you're all set, now make a character, kill Nightwing and join a plot!

pfft I never killed nightwing.
It's not a must do or anything XD
Also Hi ^^

Lord Raziere
2010-05-13, 06:33 PM

I just said: once you've read Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire series, you can pretty much read through anything no matter how long it is, and I've read a lot of books before that; I'm basically a finely honed bookworm capable of devouring any book you put in front of me and the same applies to webcomics and comic books in general. best thing is, I read it all while in the middle of a cold, its a skill of mine and I'm proud of it.

as for a character.......well lets see, I'm figuring the general power level is somewhere between high and epic, not sure, so I'll try and come up with something good enough to survive....

my current ideas are either some kind of epic psion who invented a something he calls psionitech (tech powered by his mind), a red/blue mana user from Mt:G or a guy who specializes in illusions and summonings.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-13, 06:52 PM
I like the sound of the last one.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-13, 07:04 PM
yea and my idea of him is that he would mix the illusions and summons together so that people couldn't tell which is which.

he would also use his summoning magic to summon his weapons and vehicles, meaning if you tried to steal anything from him, he would just summon it right back, and the fact that he can always call up friends to help him is useful. :smallbiggrin:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-14, 02:57 AM
I just said: once you've read Wheel of Time and A Song of Ice and Fire series, you can pretty much read through anything no matter how long it is, and I've read a lot of books before that; I'm basically a finely honed bookworm capable of devouring any book you put in front of me and the same applies to webcomics and comic books in general. best thing is, I read it all while in the middle of a cold, its a skill of mine and I'm proud of it.

as for a character.......well lets see, I'm figuring the general power level is somewhere between high and epic, not sure, so I'll try and come up with something good enough to survive....

my current ideas are either some kind of epic psion who invented a something he calls psionitech (tech powered by his mind), a red/blue mana user from Mt:G or a guy who specializes in illusions and summonings.

Just remember, we are not restricted by DnD :smallwink:

Plus, if you're joining FFF:R then Rule of Fun trumps Rule of Cool which trumps petty realism :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-14, 05:46 PM
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d14/1746/5031611.png http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d14/1817/5ec8120.png http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d14/1811/ddc8646.png

Because i'm bored.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-14, 06:22 PM
Just remember, we are not restricted by DnD :smallwink:

Plus, if you're joining FFF:R then Rule of Fun trumps Rule of Cool which trumps petty realism :smalltongue:

......so if doing something realistic to avoid a fight like turning invisible to sneak past people ain't gonna gimme brownie points eh?

good. I used to play on a freeform forum that basically followed what you just listed there, but flipped :smallannoyed: everyone there tried to simulate everything so that the freeform game, despite the kitchen sink setting like this one is, happens completely realistically.
what happened to it? eh lets just say too many supervillains and apocalypses ruins the setting ok?

as for being not restricted by DnD, I know that full well, thinking of making Goombas a few of my summonings, its just that magic is my favorite power source when dealing with settings involving superpowers, cause I usually reserve my love for sci-fi for writing hard sci-fi stuff, and who said the magic is even DnD at all? it could just be generic magic where I make the rules for myself, in fact it is.
for example, not only you can summon, but you can reverse-summon as well, by for example, reverse summon a piece of wall so that now there is a hole in wall- all you did was teleport a piece of a wall away. then at anytime, you can callback the wall right where it was, good as new so that no suspects there ever WAS a hole in the wall! clever, no?

Fay Graydon
2010-05-14, 06:37 PM
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d14/1746/5031611.png http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d14/1817/5ec8120.png http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d14/1811/ddc8646.png

Because i'm bored.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/RandSouthPark.jpg
Me to >.>

Darklord Bright
2010-05-14, 06:43 PM
When I'm bored, I start to draw an FFF:R comic which has an extended awesome fight scene between Falira and Cyban. (Though this might take anywhere from an hour to two.)

And there it is, enjoy! :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-15, 04:48 AM
When I'm bored, I start to draw an FFF:R comic which has an extended awesome fight scene between Falira and Cyban. (Though this might take anywhere from an hour to two.)

And there it is, enjoy! :smallsmile:

Dang it!

Now I have to redraw what I had drawn, perhaps I should work faster...

Nah, too distracted by the shiny stuff :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-05-15, 08:31 AM

Hold your horses, I got grounded :smalltongue:.

Falgorn
2010-05-15, 08:53 AM
Well, I've decided I'm coming back to ABR.
But my Art skills need to be improved. So that's what I'm going to work on today.
So don't get too mad if I'm bugging you, please. :smallsmile:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 08:59 AM
Cool! :smallbiggrin:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-15, 09:00 AM
I got my first comic ready, whats the magic number for comic width so that its big enough to be readable and its art enjoyable, but not screen-stretching?

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 09:16 AM
Judge it by height, not width. Try using 600 if it's a full comic, and go higher or lower depending on how many rows you have.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 09:19 AM
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d15/0919/b6f4762.png

Lord Raziere
2010-05-15, 09:20 AM
Judge it by height, not width. Try using 600 if it's a full comic, and go higher or lower depending on how many rows you have.

how am I supposed to judge it by height, when it that doesn't matter about page-stretching? what constitutes the definition of a full comic?

Kumo
2010-05-15, 09:33 AM
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1005/d15/0919/b6f4762.png

whose that one? Falgorn?

Keris
2010-05-15, 09:38 AM
I got my first comic ready, whats the magic number for comic width so that its big enough to be readable and its art enjoyable, but not screen-stretching?
700px. Because I automatically resize posted images wider than that, and I don't like to squint when the text in comics gets shrunk.

Although, if it's more than 400px wide it should be spoilered anyway, so it doesn't really matter how wide it is overall.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-15, 09:43 AM
700px. Because I automatically resize posted images wider than that, and I don't like to squint when the text in comics gets shrunk.

Although, if it's more than 400px wide it should be spoilered anyway, so it doesn't really matter how wide it is overall.

ok...I'm holding you to that.

edit:....aaaaaaaaaannnnnnd its up! you were right Keris, thank you for the info. :smallsmile:

Fay Graydon
2010-05-15, 10:08 AM
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/CASouthPark.jpg

licoot
2010-05-15, 10:29 AM
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/CASouthPark.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek:

Threeshades
2010-05-15, 01:27 PM

Because i'm bored.

I think a roman short sword does not properly represent an elven courtblade. But the bolt pistol is cool. :smallbiggrin:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 02:26 PM
I'm sorry, there weren't any elven courtblades.

Threeshades
2010-05-15, 02:29 PM
but im sure there are katanas, scimitars or any other sword more fitting

Kumo
2010-05-15, 03:10 PM
but im sure there are katanas, scimitars or any other sword more fitting

Oh stop complaining :smalltongue: My guy's a little off but i don't whine about it.

But i did i would say my guy's eyepatch is on the wrong eye, he's wearing armor under his cloak and his hair's too short. And light.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 06:35 PM
Halfling!? HALFLING!?

Lord Raziere
2010-05-15, 07:58 PM
Halfling!? HALFLING!?

looks like one to me: half the height of a human, no beard, color and weapon similarity to Belkar, obviously a ranger because of good sense of smell and hearing.

yea, halfling. :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 08:35 PM
He's not halfling! Halflings no wear shooses! Just wait until me next comic, ohh yees!

V'icternus
2010-05-15, 09:23 PM
Choice of footwear, or lack of same, is no indication of species.

If he weren't wearing shoes, he'd automatically be called a halfling by one and all, what with his size. Adding them could just mean he was a "different" halfling! :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 09:26 PM
I hate making speech bubbles! :smallfrown:

Darklord Bright
2010-05-15, 09:54 PM
How did he hear his thoughts?

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-15, 09:58 PM
He can see through the fourth wall? I don't know.

Silverraptor
2010-05-16, 12:44 AM
He can see through the fourth wall? I don't know.

Well, maybe you better make it clear soon. Like he has the ability to hear the word "Halfling" directed at him in someone's thoughts within a 4 and 3/4 block radius.

Or something stupid like that.:smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-16, 10:33 AM
I'm on it.

Kumo
2010-05-16, 11:01 AM
I'm on it.

epic rofl XD

Lord Raziere
2010-05-16, 05:07 PM
hmmmm.....crimson, now I'm gonna have to figure out what those light-green bolts of energy do......Risqar is mostly a summoner/illusionist type of guy, blasting isn't his style.....

perhaps they are illusion spells that try to invade people's minds or something?
or perhaps some kind of Reverse Summon spell in projectile form that teleports people away? :smallconfused:

Silverraptor
2010-05-16, 08:46 PM
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb232/Kumomaru/ABR/BeegunFlop.png

Ahahahahaha!!!:biggrin:

WIN!

edit: It's "firing".

Kumo
2010-05-16, 10:07 PM
Ahahahahaha!!!:biggrin:

WIN!

edit: It's "firing".
I always make that mistake :smallbiggrin:

Deal with it :smallannoyed: jk, jk... but im not changing it

Mina Kobold
2010-05-17, 06:16 AM
hmmmm.....crimson, now I'm gonna have to figure out what those light-green bolts of energy do......Risqar is mostly a summoner/illusionist type of guy, blasting isn't his style.....

perhaps they are illusion spells that try to invade people's minds or something?
or perhaps some kind of Reverse Summon spell in projectile form that teleports people away? :smallconfused:

Illusion that's meant to distrct the enemy from his cowardly flight heroic escape?

Lord Raziere
2010-05-17, 09:22 AM
Illusion that's meant to distract the enemy from his cowardly flight heroic escape?

.....or confuse them so that he can attack or scare them to freeze them in fear or make THEM run away, or illusions that make em feel drowsy or angry, or ones that make them unable to hear or see.

all so that he could either a: summon his rapier and stab you or b: summon a big monster to smash or blast you.

that and he is mostly running right now to go towards a fight, the fight he is fighting now is just not one he wants to fight at the moment.

Fin
2010-05-17, 11:15 AM
Hey guys, just a quick note to let you all know my computer has taken a high dive into the shallow end (aka it is broke!) so I won't be able to get a comic up for a little while. Please don't forget the simian hero FI guys, just remember he needs Igon Minoblendy to magically restore his voice but he is otherwise a full sentient human conciousness in a cute cuddly monkey body. :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-19, 08:14 PM
hey, is posting two comics in a row without any response in between godmodding? I'm not exactly clear on that.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-19, 08:15 PM
Go ahead. :smallsmile:

V'icternus
2010-05-19, 09:56 PM
If the other lazy sods in ABR are too slow, that's not your fault. Make all the comics you want. :smalltongue:

Speaking of lazy sods, I should probably... do... something...
Yeah...

Mina Kobold
2010-05-20, 08:30 AM
hey, is posting two comics in a row without any response in between godmodding? I'm not exactly clear on that.

Does that mean I don't get to do anything?

Aw man, what's the fun in having a character if you can't do anything :smallfrown:

Fay Graydon
2010-05-20, 05:00 PM
I have an idea for a new comic.
I wanna know if everyones okay with me introducing a supravillian?
If no then tough :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-20, 05:01 PM
*cough* Anyway I could help?

Fay Graydon
2010-05-20, 05:06 PM
PM me if you want in on it CA hun

Mad Mask
2010-05-20, 05:13 PM
PM me if you want in on it CA hun

Do you mean to start a new plot? Or just introduce a supervillain in FFFR/FI?

Fay Graydon
2010-05-20, 05:15 PM
Do you mean to start a new plot? Or just introduce a supravillain in FFFR/FI?

Introduce a new SupraVillain in FFF:R :smallbiggrin:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-20, 06:10 PM
Does that mean I don't get to do anything?

Aw man, what's the fun in having a character if you can't do anything :smallfrown:

you can do things, it just means you'll have to fight me in the process, it ain't called avatar BATTLE royale for nothin'

Silverraptor
2010-05-20, 08:12 PM
I was wondering about why the key in FFF:r is so big.:smallconfused:

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-20, 09:27 PM
I have an idea for a new comic.
I wanna know if everyones okay with me introducing a supravillian?
If no then tough :smalltongue:

I had a plan to kinda turn Redshirt Q into one with my last comic, but I suppose you can't REALLY have too many supravillains, can you?

No need to PM me or anything. I may try and join with my other active character (or a completely new character) if I can predict what you guys are trying to do. Probably not, though. I do wish you guys luck.

Darklord Bright
2010-05-20, 11:09 PM
Just so long as no character breaks the "Under 9000 power level" rule of FFF:R (as in, nobody should be stronger than the characters we've already seen) then there's no real problem with adding new characters of the evil persuasion onto the plot, as far as I see it.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-20, 11:35 PM
eh, my character isn't really good or evil, he is really just out for his own freedom- it wouldn't benefit him either way if either the good guys or the bad guys win because if the bad guys win whole world is conquered or destroyed and his freedom is gone.

if heroes win? that just means this entire quest for more freedom had gone to waste, if he had no other choice he would help the heroes win, but he is more of an antagonist than anything else right now.

as for why the big key? I'm guessing its because the first person to get to it- I think it was Keveak- drew it first and for some reason, he drew it big :smallconfused:

as for power level- his most powerful spells are his internal summons, but he can only use one at a time, so I wouldn't be worried.

Silverraptor
2010-05-21, 01:10 AM
as for why the big key? I'm guessing its because the first person to get to it- I think it was Keveak- drew it first and for some reason, he drew it big :smallconfused:

I see...

I take that as a challenge.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-21, 06:56 AM
eh, my character isn't really good or evil, he is really just out for his own freedom- it wouldn't benefit him either way if either the good guys or the bad guys win because if the bad guys win whole world is conquered or destroyed and his freedom is gone.

if heroes win? that just means this entire quest for more freedom had gone to waste, if he had no other choice he would help the heroes win, but he is more of an antagonist than anything else right now.

as for power level- his most powerful spells are his internal summons, but he can only use one at a time, so I wouldn't be worried.

According to my crazed encyclopedia of a brain, evil is being selfish, so he would count as being sort of evil if he is just working to get his own freedom (Neutral Evil in DnD terms) but if his secondary objectives (like, not harming innocents, defending other's freedom, etc.) include enough good acts (non-selfish) then he might be neutral as you say, really depends on how you play him :smallsmile:

And now that I'm done with pointless babble I'll get to why the key is so big:

It's an important macguffin!...

And I kinda just thought it looked better than a key of normal size (Plus I weren't sure it would be apparent that it was the key if it was too small) :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-21, 04:00 PM
Hey Keveak:
http://onnachance.com/quiz/fae3.gif

Mina Kobold
2010-05-21, 04:16 PM
Hey Keveak:
http://onnachance.com/quiz/fae3.gif

Cool, did you take the other tests?

I did (http://www.myth-weavers.com/usernote.php?u=18498)

And I'm apparently a chaotic mischievous loner of a blob of light who doesn't fit in but is a good friend, however that works :smalltongue:

Threeshades
2010-05-21, 05:01 PM
Cool, did you take the other tests?

I did (http://www.myth-weavers.com/usernote.php?u=18498)

And I'm apparently a chaotic mischievous loner of a blob of light who doesn't fit in but is a good friend, however that works :smalltongue:

vBulletin Message

Threeshades, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

(it's certainly not number 2)

Mina Kobold
2010-05-21, 05:18 PM
vBulletin Message

Threeshades, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home

(it's certainly not number 2)

Apparently Mythweavers does not allow me to show my notes to others :smallredface:

Good thing I can repost it here
If I was celestial I would apprently be a blob of light... Great! :3
http://onnachance.com/quiz/kyrite.gif
What celestial choir do you resonate? (http://onnachance.com/quiz/celestial.htm)

I apparently also got these results on other Onna Chance tests

http://onnachance.com/quiz/teen.jpg

http://onnachance.com/quiz/goodfriend.jpg

http://onnachance.com/quiz/shape.jpg

http://onnachance.com/quiz/illusion.jpg

http://onnachance.com/quiz/psv.jpg

http://onnachance.com/quiz/fae1.gif

They were much fun, but...

Geez, I'm crazy! In a good way, I think, I'm really not sure. But the tests were fun :)

Again, my apologies for being ignorant :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-21, 06:07 PM
huh.....

apparently I'm a Nymph-Ofanim:
http://onnachance.com/quiz/fae1.gif
http://onnachance.com/quiz/ofanite.gif

seems about right....

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-21, 11:04 PM
I will respond to you- in the morrow!

Lord Raziere
2010-05-21, 11:27 PM
According to my crazed encyclopedia of a brain, evil is being selfish, so he would count as being sort of evil if he is just working to get his own freedom (Neutral Evil in DnD terms) but if his secondary objectives (like, not harming innocents, defending other's freedom, etc.) include enough good acts (non-selfish) then he might be neutral as you say, really depends on how you play him :smallsmile:

secondary objectives? well his secondary objectives is what he does with his freedom: he does not actually want to harm anyone using his increased freedom when he gets it- that would only antagonize people and he would only end up with enemies which isn't a smart move in his book.

this extends to world domination- to him stuff like conquering the world only leads to being bound by responsibility which isn't freedom at all, so if he actually succeeds in getting all five keys?

he would probably just create his own island somewhere, maybe create some artificial life forms using his new power, and not really lord over so much as admire them like pieces of art and leave them alone, maybe move on to find immortality or something, but nothing much else.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-22, 02:24 AM
secondary objectives? well his secondary objectives is what he does with his freedom: he does not actually want to harm anyone using his increased freedom when he gets it- that would only antagonize people and he would only end up with enemies which isn't a smart move in his book.

this extends to world domination- to him stuff like conquering the world only leads to being bound by responsibility which isn't freedom at all, so if he actually succeeds in getting all five keys?

he would probably just create his own island somewhere, maybe create some artificial life forms using his new power, and not really lord over so much as admire them like pieces of art and leave them alone, maybe move on to find immortality or something, but nothing much else.

With the keys that gives access to the place which holds a amulet that controls all dragons and nothing more?

I'm still unsure what he need them for, if he wants to avoid someone else getting them he could just steal one :smallsmile:

Darklord Bright
2010-05-22, 06:36 AM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3913/maidrocketcybanfireepic.png
No one can stand before nurse-rocket Cyban.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-22, 06:55 AM

:smalleek:

That! is! Awesome!

Keveak away! *Runs away fro the crazy alien nurse withthe rocket launcher*

licoot
2010-05-22, 09:05 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *flees*

V'icternus
2010-05-22, 09:27 AM
I'm loving how Cyban handles her weapon.

If you know what I mean. Naturally, I mean explosions are cool and she's good at causing them. What did you think I meant?
Also: Bob almost gets a moment of important-ness. Thankfully averted. Phew. Can't have generic losers doing anything in this plot, now can we?

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-22, 09:29 AM
Well, once I add speech bubbls to this comic I made a week ago, the golem ill be knocked outside of the giant head.

Threeshades
2010-05-22, 10:19 AM
I'm loving how Cyban handles her weapon.

If you know what I mean.

you mean because she has no hand anywhere near the trigger?

Lord Raziere
2010-05-22, 10:45 AM
With the keys that gives access to the place which holds a amulet that controls all dragons and nothing more?

I'm still unsure what he need them for, if he wants to avoid someone else getting them he could just steal one :smallsmile:

.....wait what? I thought it gave you the power of all dragons......

.....looks like I and my character were misinformed.......if that is all it does, then I'm just gonna throw the key into the ocean......let it sink.....he doesn't want THAT kind of power....

Lyinginbedmon
2010-05-22, 10:59 AM
I don't know, control of the amulet let one person build a global empire in fairly short order, control of all dragons could mean being able to make them use their powers to help you out as you like.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-22, 11:05 AM
I don't know, control of the amulet let one person build a global empire in fairly short order, control of all dragons could mean being able to make them use their powers to help you out as you like.

touche....this just means a minor revision not anything big..... I mean there are probably some ancient wyrms with a lot of power out there.......so yeah this could still work.......

SinisterPenguin
2010-05-22, 12:34 PM
FFF:R
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4121/fffr3png.png

They haven't met before so how should Crow know which side the Thirion is on?

Or how would the Thirion know the same about him either?

EDIT:

But the bird is still avoiding the potential threat, can't be too careful when it's about world domination (even if it's not your own world doination)

Hold up, where did the key go? Didn't Crow just steal it back from the Raziere?

Lord Raziere
2010-05-22, 12:43 PM

yea, shouldn't it be in his hand or something?

or maybe Risqar summoned it back? nah, that is probably godmodding.....

or maybe it was stored in his hyperspace inventory/bag of holding off panel?

or perhaps its a canon thing need fixing?

Mina Kobold
2010-05-22, 12:50 PM

Crimson didn't draw it so I assumed that the bird ate it to keep it from enemies.

Which makes that bluff check:

entirely Pointless (I've been spending too much time at thatguywiththeglasses :smalltongue:)

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-22, 01:05 PM
I assumed Crow would hide it...

Mina Kobold
2010-05-22, 01:15 PM
I assumed Crow would hide it...

The Crow did :smalltongue:

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-22, 01:18 PM
How did the golem make it back inside? And why is he on the ground?

Mina Kobold
2010-05-22, 01:37 PM
How did the golem make it back inside? And why is he on the ground?

I just assumed he was thrown out of the way by the crazy lady...

Maybe it's made of the same bouncing stuff as Crow's bullet and bounced back in? :smalltongue:

EDIT:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Trizap/abrcomic6.png

The bird is nowhere near those two, and not glowing at the moment.

That, and you're thinking that an attack from the back will work against a guy that caught up with a motorised vehicle :smallamused:

Rae Artemi
2010-05-22, 04:08 PM
I just assumed he was thrown out of the way by the crazy lady...

Maybe it's made of the same bouncing stuff as Crow's bullet and bounced back in? :smalltongue:

EDIT:

That, and you're thinking that an attack from the back will work against a guy that caught up with a motorised vehicle :smallamused:

Also Where'd the mustache go, he couldn't tell it was there without a mirror, so how would he know to wipe it off. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-22, 04:17 PM
Also Where'd the mustache go, he couldn't tell it was there without a mirror, so how would he know to wipe it off. :smalltongue:

That's assuming it's not ermanent marker :smallamused:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-22, 05:33 PM
eh, I was lazy with the art.

as for the attack, its more to show the Thirion that McYellow has the key not to really harm him.

edit: In comic explanation: he used prestidigiton to get it off.

I'll remove the bird shortly.

Threeshades
2010-05-22, 07:37 PM

A high base speed doesn't mean you have uncanny dodge :smallwink:

Kumo
2010-05-22, 09:41 PM
Has FI died? :smallfrown:

Rae Artemi
2010-05-22, 10:36 PM
eh, I was lazy with the art.

as for the attack, its more to show the Thirion that McYellow has the key not to really harm him.

edit: In comic explanation: he used prestidigiton to get it off.

I'll remove the bird shortly.

He still has no way to know the mustache was there! :d

Lord Raziere
2010-05-22, 10:41 PM
He still has no way to know the mustache was there! :d

the bird came right up to his face and scribbled on it while he was wide awake...

V'icternus
2010-05-23, 01:41 AM
"That bird just drew a moustache on my face! Oh well, there's probably nothing there now."

Riiiight. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-23, 04:31 AM
A high base speed doesn't mean you have uncanny dodge :smallwink:

No, but it does mean that he is fast enough to react to a guy who is yelling at him while attacking from behind.

Mostly because he follows Comic Book logic more than RPG rules :smalltongue:

the bird came right up to his face and scribbled on it while he was wide awake...

Most people would be too distracted by the fact that they have a bird in their face to notice it drawing a moustache on them :smalltongue:

Oh, and who's cyellow annd how did they get the key?

licoot
2010-05-23, 06:00 AM
Has FI died? :smallfrown:

I hope not, I like FFF:R but no were near as much as FI, just never get around to making a comic.

Lyinginbedmon
2010-05-23, 06:11 AM
I've got three weeks until my girlfriend gets here and saps almost all motivation for comicry I have, so I'm hoping to get a nice buffer going and might be able to get more involved with FI and ABR again.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-23, 06:58 AM
I hope not, I like FFF:R but no were near as much as FI, just never get around to making a comic.

I got around to making a comic.

But then I realised that it contributed little to anything and decided to wait until i found someone to interact with (Everybody's kinda busy IC and none of my characters have any reason to just pop in and disturb that)

Kumo
2010-05-23, 09:51 AM
I'm waiting on Crimson's kid who didn't react all that much to one of his friend's dying.

And for something to happen in Merinas.

EDIT: AND for Lying and Q to start fighting or whatever it is they're going to do.

licoot
2010-05-23, 09:55 AM
Is it just me or is everyone just waiting for someone else to do something:smallconfused::smallbiggrin:

Kumo
2010-05-23, 10:04 AM
Is it just me or is everyone just waiting for someone else to do something:smallconfused::smallbiggrin:

nu-uuuuuh! i made the one about the bees going to lunch :smalltongue:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-23, 10:29 AM
Oh, and who's McYellow and how did they get the key?

McYellow is your yellow character with blonde hair, yellow shirt, dark yellow pants and cape, you know the guy is basically yellow all over, you know Goggles McYellow, the guy you call "Crow", or at the least yellow guy whom the crow follows around.

still your character yellow all over? :smallamused: that is such great teasing potential right there. "Goggles McYellow" and "Senorita la Amarilla" is just me getting warmed up.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-23, 11:14 AM
McYellow is your yellow character with blonde hair, yellow shirt, dark yellow pants and cape, you know the guy is basically yellow all over, you know Goggles McYellow, the guy you call "Crow", or at the least yellow guy whom the crow follows around.

still your character yellow all over? :smallamused: that is such great teasing potential right there. "Goggles McYellow" and "Senorita la Amarilla" is just me getting warmed up.

That's mainly because his former clothes were ruined (by which I mean that his shirt and cape were annihilated) by Xartyve.

In his introduction he stated his name as William Crow, so that is not just what I call him. He is also a mercenary and one of the most serious people on team evil, so mocking him might be a tad stupid :smalltongue:

licoot
2010-05-23, 11:33 AM
I love how the Conductor has a shadow:smalltongue:

Fay Graydon
2010-05-23, 11:36 AM
New comic up with a Villain who is seriously Musically Cliche and he is meant to be a serious character.
So If anyone decides they would like to be one of his mooks redshirts nameless henchmen People, please be Musically aligned and/or somewhat serious.

So now Team Good and Team Evil...
Team SupraEvil has made it's move, the Ball is in your court now...

Edit:

I love how the Conductor has a shadow:smalltongue:

Of course!
He's inside so you cant see the lightning or hear the thunder :smallbiggrin::smallwink::smalltongue:

licoot
2010-05-23, 11:47 AM
I think I finally want to join in to the FFF:R storyline, in the form of somekind of sevant to the Conductor
a bit obvious but i'm thinking the musician

Darklord Bright
2010-05-23, 02:11 PM
Doesn't being serious kinda miss the point of FFF:R? Considering it was created because serious became the norm in FFF -> FI, and made it a lot less fun for a large number of people...

licoot
2010-05-23, 02:21 PM
I thought I might make a first version of 'the musician', just in case I ever use him:
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/themusician.png?t=1274642396
What do people think?

Mina Kobold
2010-05-23, 02:21 PM
Doesn't being serious kinda miss the point of FFF:R? Considering it was created because serious became the norm in FFF -> FI, and made it a lot less fun for a large number of people...

Crow is serious and he's doing fine.

Granted, he's only serious in comparision...

Darklord Bright
2010-05-23, 02:23 PM
Crow is serious and he's doing fine.

Granted, he's only serious in comparision...

I'm not saying "No serious EVAR", after all, Falira's a semi-serious character, but what I'm saying is that the rule of funny is the most important in FFF:R...

(I was taking issue with "You must be serious" more than anything)

V'icternus
2010-05-23, 08:55 PM
Serious is fine as long as you have fun with serious, and don't force serious upon others.

With great seriousness comes great responsibility, or somesuch.

kpenguin
2010-05-23, 08:59 PM
Yeah, seriously!:smalltongue:

licoot
2010-05-24, 01:47 PM
Wait was 'Maestro' called the Conductor, or did I just misread it

Lord Raziere
2010-05-24, 11:18 PM
This is my thought about this new "Conductor" villain character.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Trizap/megumikitanijidissapointed.png

that is all.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-25, 01:48 PM
I hate when Inkscape crashes...

Will remake comic tomorrow

EDIT:

FFF:r

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt255/silverraptor_photo/ABR/ABRFFFr10.png

As for Victor getting the key, use your imagination.

you are aware that Crow had given it to the bird that will now be really pissed at Victor, right?

Felyndiira
2010-05-26, 04:48 PM
So, hope I haven't managed to create plot inconsistencies or anything with my comic this time =p.

Silverraptor
2010-05-26, 06:46 PM
you are aware that Crow had given it to the bird that will now be really pissed at Victor, right?

I was not aware of that. Oh well.:smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-27, 03:58 AM
I was not aware of that. Oh well.:smalltongue:

It just means he'd have to cut up the bird to get, nothing much* :smalltongue:

Though, the bird is not above petty vengeance...

*Litteraly, it will barely be hurt by it.

Kumo
2010-05-27, 06:35 AM
So, hope I haven't managed to create plot inconsistencies or anything with my comic this time =p.

... heh heh. Scenery porn ^^

Silverraptor
2010-05-27, 02:25 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6865/fffr6.png

I hope I'm not god-modding or anything, I've had a nagging feeling that I have been doing something wrong lately...

You have started war here, Keverak.:smallamused: Be prepared.

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-27, 03:02 PM
What color keys are there? Lizardman would probably be gaurding blue or purple in some sort of cave.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-27, 03:11 PM
You have started war here, Keverak.:smallamused: Be prepared.

And you be prepared that your character who seems to have very little training in the arts of combat will be fighting a demonic crow and an experienced mercenary who can run at 64% of the speed of lightning* in said war :smallamused:

*Hurrah for math and obscure Fairy-Tale artifacts! And yes that means the elemental is faster than him.

Silverraptor
2010-05-27, 04:27 PM
And you be prepared that your character who seems to have very little training in the arts of combat will be fighting a demonic crow and an experienced mercenary who can run at 64% of the speed of lightning* in said war :smallamused:

*Hurrah for math and obscure Fairy-Tale artifacts! And yes that means the elemental is faster than him.

Art of combat? You have no idea what's coming, do you?:smallamused:

licoot
2010-05-27, 04:31 PM
Art of combat? You have no idea what's coming, do you?:smallamused:

I'm scared:smalltongue:

Felyndiira
2010-05-27, 05:35 PM
I'm just trying to make sure before I start on my second comic, but is it okay for me to obtain the second key before the plot gets to it? I mean, I won't run away with it or anything and will likely meet up with everyone else for more plot hijinks; it just changes the two fishes' predictions a little bit once the first key fiasco subsides.

I just want to make sure, since it does impact the plot quite a bit, and I'm not sure if anyone already has plans for the second key's location, etc.

Fay Graydon
2010-05-27, 06:08 PM
This is my thought about this new "Conductor" villain character.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Trizap/megumikitanijidissapointed.png

that is all.

I dont get the reference, and If you must know, Maestro was inspired by the Episode of Batman the Brave and the Bold with the "Music Meister" in.

What color keys are there? Lizardman would probably be gaurding blue or purple in some sort of cave.

Eeeesh, One key at a time guys, or the plot will end before its started.

Sooo he can run at about... Well... nearly 40,000 Miles per second... >.> acording to my calculations and assumeing that lightning goes at nearly 62,000 Miles in a second... which is about 1/3 the speed of light so hes going about 1/4 the speed of light?

I'm just trying to make sure before I start on my second comic, but is it okay for me to obtain the second key before the plot gets to it? I mean, I won't run away with it or anything and will likely meet up with everyone else for more plot hijinks; it just changes the two fishes' predictions a little bit once the first key fiasco subsides.

I just want to make sure, since it does impact the plot quite a bit, and I'm not sure if anyone already has plans for the second key's location, etc.

Whats her motivation for obtaining/having the key/s? how does she know about them? Why does she want them?

Personally I think we should concentrate on One key at a time.

Felyndiira
2010-05-27, 06:43 PM
Whats her motivation for obtaining/having the key/s? how does she know about them? Why does she want them?

Personally I think we should concentrate on One key at a time.
She has no motivation for obtaining any of the keys, nor does she really care about keeping them. The entire thing is entirely by chance - the "guardian of the second key" attacks Fel because she's "evil-aligned," she picks up the key after she wins, and the plot comes to her; the key will very likely end up in one side or the other after enough hijinks and token misunderstandings.

Fel's sole motivation in Avbaroy is to replace the drow matriarch (eventually), and she's not interested in using McGuffins to do so. Thus, she won't attempt to keep the key - it's just a way to eventually draw the plot to her and immerse her into the story aside from the standard "falling from the sky."

I ask, of course, because my next comic might be a bit graphics heavy (massive battle scene and all) and might take a bit of time to finish, so I want to make sure it's okay with other people before I draw it.

(The other reason being that it gives me a bit of leeway time before I get fully immersed in the plot, since I'm in the middle of job applications =p).

Lord Raziere
2010-05-27, 08:33 PM
I dont get the reference, and If you must know, Maestro was inspired by the Episode of Batman the Brave and the Bold with the "Music Meister" in.

oh come on, ya don't know of The World Ends With You?

Now you have disappointed Kitaniji even more....His job is to be the Conductor, the Conductor of what, I won't say if you don't know, its just his job is the Conductor.

Fay Graydon
2010-05-27, 08:42 PM

Now you have disappointed Kitaniji even more....His job is to be the Conductor, the Conductor of what, I won't say if you don't know, its just his job is the Conductor.

I'll take your word for it :smallbiggrin:

And porting the Key away from plot is kinda cheating >.>
YOUR MAKING MAESTRO'S JOB INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT!
If your not careful your gunna make him brake into song because he can't find the key. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Kumo
2010-05-27, 09:04 PM

I can't read your latest very well =/ is it just me?

Silverraptor
2010-05-27, 10:08 PM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Trizap/abrcomic8.png

Hope this ain't godmoddin' or anything, if it is, I'll gladly take it down.

Um, it's a little small and the lightning elemental speech bubbles are impossible to read.

Darklord Bright
2010-05-27, 11:10 PM
I take issue with the ability to "Reverse summon" things which were not summoned in the first place. Especially since the effect you're describing/showing is a teleport other, and the keys would be warded against such simple tricks, or else you could just grab them all and voila, command of the dragons received.

Edit: also, strictly speaking, "Reverse summoning" would not work that way. Summoning is pulling something (typically, a being) from its place of origin to a desired location, so "Reverse Summoning" would be putting something (Once again, typically a being I would imagine) from a desired location into it's place of origin, thus even if it did work on the key, the key would return to where it was made, or to the pedestal it was received from.

Edit Edit: Also, considering if reverse summoning works the way I described, it is still overpowered. You would have the ability to transport my characters across the galaxy back to their homeworld with a touch.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-27, 11:45 PM
I take issue with the ability to "Reverse summon" things which were not summoned in the first place. Especially since the effect you're describing/showing is a teleport other, and the keys would be warded against such simple tricks, or else you could just grab them all and voila, command of the dragons received.

Edit: also, strictly speaking, "Reverse summoning" would not work that way. Summoning is pulling something (typically, a being) from its place of origin to a desired location, so "Reverse Summoning" would be putting something (Once again, typically a being I would imagine) from a desired location into it's place of origin, thus even if it did work on the key, the key would return to where it was made, or to the pedestal it was received from.

Edit Edit: Also, considering if reverse summoning works the way I described, it is still overpowered. You would have the ability to transport my characters across the galaxy back to their homeworld with a touch.

ok, I see, that is what you think is overpowered, got it.

how about I instead shrink the key, put it in a bag of holding, then send Crazna (the silver dragon) an illusionary message about it? that acceptable?

Darklord Bright
2010-05-27, 11:56 PM
I dunno, putting one of the keys in an inter-dimensional space is still a little iffy, but I can see nothing obviously OP about it. So long as you don't just go "Now I teleport myself!" or do some other action to invalidate any further attempts to get the key off of you I suppose it should be fine.

kpenguin
2010-05-27, 11:58 PM
Personally, I think the keys should be immune to any sort of conjuration or divination magic, simply because it makes them too easy to find and collect.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-28, 12:04 AM
oh that, teleportation, the funny part of my characters backstory, is despite all his super-summoning powers is that he forgot to learn personal teleportation, mostly because he was too busy learning how to summon cool forms of transportation likes motorcycles, planes, submarines, tanks and even spaceships.....but no teleportation.

how do I explain the reverse summoning? I don't. Its being retconned outta existence cause its overpowered, so it won't really happen anyways.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-28, 12:07 AM
Personally, I think the keys should be immune to any sort of conjuration or divination magic, simply because it makes them too easy to find and collect.

well it would make sense, but then how do you explain the big fish being able to tell where they are? epic divination magic can't find the keys but some random fish can? how does that work?

V'icternus
2010-05-28, 12:14 AM
Three words: Plot Device Fish.

What? It's a real thing! Just look it up!

Lord Raziere
2010-05-28, 12:43 AM
Three words: Plot Device Fish.

What? It's a real thing! Just look it up!

frack, well that reduces the silver dragons uses down to one: being Risqar's connection to the dragons. See, Risqar made a deal with the dragons that if he got the dragon talisman first, he would just use it to gain immortality then hand it to the dragons themselves for them to figure out how to destroy, or at least, seal away better so that there is no people going around looking for it to control the entire draconic race with,
and the idea was that he would be provided with a guy who could use divination magic to find the other four keys if he got the first one, but seeing as how the general consensus (so far) seems to be against divination finding the keys, it looks like this will just be to reveal Risqar while is out for the keys for mostly a selfish reason, he is also kind of the dragon race's agent in all this.

as for why the dragons don't send one of their own:
Metallics: We don't trust you chromatics! You'll use the dragon talisman to dominate us then take over the world!
Chromatics: We don't trust you metallics! You'll just use the dragon talisman to wipe all us chromatics out!

wait why aren't the dragons themselves guarding the keys anyways? you'd think they care more about something that could potentially enslave them all...

V'icternus
2010-05-28, 01:18 AM
Keep in mind that while the Key may be immune to divination, the people looking for it are generally not. He could still be useful.

kpenguin
2010-05-28, 01:21 AM
wait why aren't the dragons themselves guarding the keys anyways? you'd think they care more about something that could potentially enslave them all...

Because they don't know where the keys are either.

Silverraptor
2010-05-28, 01:43 AM
So, how far back is considered non-canon?:smallconfused:

Mina Kobold
2010-05-28, 08:23 AM
Sooo he can run at about... Well... nearly 40,000 Miles per second... >.> acording to my calculations and assumeing that lightning goes at nearly 62,000 Miles in a second... which is about 1/3 the speed of light so hes going about 1/4 the speed of light?

That does sound quite over-powered... Even though I use the metric system and doesn't know how far a mile is :smalltongue:

What if he can't think at the same speed? the source of his speed is supposed to be Seven League Boots so he would logically only run at super-speed.

Also, I can't read Raziere's comic either :smallfrown:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-28, 08:37 AM
hm.....must be all the extra panels.....perhaps if I take the the comic, split it into two images and repost it, it would be more readable?

Mina Kobold
2010-05-28, 09:25 AM
hm.....must be all the extra panels.....perhaps if I take the the comic, split it into two images and repost it, it would be more readable?

Can't you just upload it bigger?

kpenguin
2010-05-28, 09:28 AM
Photobucket shrinks it. Try rearranging the panels to make the comic longer in width and shorter in height. You're running up against Photobucket's height limit, not its width limit.

Emperor Ing
2010-05-28, 09:29 AM
That does sound quite over-powered... Even though I use the metric system and doesn't know how far a mile is :smalltongue:

This is approximately an inch

[-----------]

There are twelve of these in a foot.

There are 5280 feet in 1 mile.

That should help.

V'icternus
2010-05-28, 10:00 AM
@Raziere:

The problem is a) you need bigger text, and b) the colour of the elemental's text has to be very different from that of the speech bubble.

That should fix everything.

...Everything text-related in your comics...

...Everything text-related in your comics that needs to be fixed...

...It should just fix stuff, okay?

Rae Artemi
2010-05-28, 10:31 AM

[-----------]

There are twelve of these in a foot.

There are 5280 feet in 1 mile.

That should help.

or approximately 1.61 kilometers.

licoot
2010-05-28, 12:11 PM
or approximately 1.61 kilometers.

I'm confused:smallfrown:
so many numbers:smalleek:

Threeshades
2010-05-28, 12:26 PM

[-----------]

That is if your screen size and resolution is the same as rand's :smallwink:
On my main screen this is an inch
[------------]

And on the secondary screen this is an inch:
[--------------]

@Keveak
an inch is 25.4 milimeters.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-28, 01:08 PM
@Keveak
an inch is 25.4 milimeters.

I know how long an inch is, for some reason most of the rulers here have them in addition to centimetres, along with the fact that the Danish name for them makes the fact that they're supposed to be as long as your thumb rather obvious. Miles on the other hand are radically different from their Danish namesakes which are closer to the length of leagues.

Anyway, we're getting of track*. Can anyone tell me what is going on in Raziere's comic?

*Why is that bad again? :smalltongue:

Keris
2010-05-28, 02:22 PM
If your not careful your gunna make him brake into song because he can't find the key. :smallwink::smallbiggrin:
There's a pun here, if someone could be bothered to tease it out.

He'd be moving at roughly 300 000 000 km/h.

What if he can't think at the same speed? the source of his speed is supposed to be Seven League Boots so he would logically only run at super-speed.
Y'know the defining feature of seven league boots are that your steps are seven leagues (21 miles, 34km) long, right? It's because of this that the wearer can travel great distances in short time, not generally because of super-speed/agility.
Also, taking 17mph as a ballpark for average running speed and a yard for the length of each stride, running with seven league boots should be at about 1 000 000 km/h. Which is 600 000 mph for those of us used to Imperial units, around .2% of the speed of lightning, yet still 10 times faster than the speed of Earth's revolution about the Sun.

Can anyone tell me what is going on in Raziere's comic?
Rax summons a "Searching Eye", who locates the key. Rax then dismisses the wall he summoned, then "internal summons" a storm elemental, flies up and swipes the key from the bird. He then shrinks the key and tosses it in a bag. (The shrinking seems a bit superfluous to me, since it ended up in a bag anyway. And it sets a precedent that the keys are affected by transformation magic, which slightly goes against their "epic artefact" nature.)
He then tells some silver dragon-thing that he's got the key, and the dragon thing comments that Raz "followed through on his deal". Raz then tells "Mr. Nevermore" (i.e., the crow) to "Tell McYellow that he ain't getting the key even if he dies trying". (Of course, dying in the attempt would make it difficult for him to acquire the key anyway, but whatever. :smalltongue:)

Silverraptor
2010-05-28, 02:32 PM
I feel that the keys shouldn't be affected by any kind of magic at all. What does everyone else think?

Kumo
2010-05-28, 02:37 PM

Also, I can't read Raziere's comic either :smallfrown:

A kilometer is a little more than half a mile.

Rough estimate: 1 meter = 3ft
5280ft = 1 mile

Lord Raziere
2010-05-28, 06:24 PM
now you guys are complaining that I shrunk it, and about putting it in a bag of holding? I can't win here can I? :smallannoyed:

modified comic, now improved with less hard-to-read-ness with be up in a few seconds

V'icternus
2010-05-28, 08:16 PM
I feel that the keys shouldn't be affected by any kind of magic at all. What does everyone else think?

I want them to be immune to all magic, totally unbreakable, and to cause a massive, Earth-rending explosion if they come into contact with any variety of cheese.

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-28, 08:59 PM
Heh he. I just got the game Warioware: DIY, a DS game about making minigames. It's very advanced, very intuitive and VERY addicting.

I made a whole bunch of ABR games with it. :smallcool:

Kill the Challengers: A game where you play as Randomizer, and N00bs try and kill you to take your place. You have to chainsaw five of them before they get too close.

Leroy Drop: A game where you play as Almighty Salmon, and you have to drop Leroy on Threeshades to win.

And my personal favourite...

Q's Last Stand: It's time to settle the rivalry once and for all! You play as Redhsirt Q, and you have to punch Lying. Over and over again. And he goes flying backwards every time. It's SO satisfying. http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/evil.png

I think I'm going to make a video and post it online for you guys to see. Until then, I'm taking requests for new ABR games to put in the video! :smallsmile:

Keep in mind they are only, like, 3-6 seconds long, though.

Kumo
2010-05-28, 09:47 PM
Heh he. I just got the game Warioware: DIY, a DS game about making minigames. It's very advanced, very intuitive and VERY addicting.

I made a whole bunch of ABR games with it. :smallcool:

Kill the Challengers: A game where you play as Randomizer, and N00bs try and kill you to take your place. You have to chainsaw five of them before they get too close.

Leroy Drop: A game where you play as Almighty Salmon, and you have to drop Leroy on Threeshades to win.

And my personal favourite...

Q's Last Stand: It's time to settle the rivalry once and for all! You play as Redhsirt Q, and you have to punch Lying. Over and over again. And he goes flying backwards every time. It's SO satisfying. http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/evil.png

I think I'm going to make a video and post it online for you guys to see. Until then, I'm taking requests for new ABR games to put in the video! :smallsmile:

Keep in mind they are only, like, 3-6 seconds long, though.

Some rough ideas

Backfire: Kumo creates a backfire to stop a forest fire. The less area burned, the higher your score.

Minoblendy's Extradimensional Wardrobe: Rearrange the clothing in the wardrobe by color.

Use the Fish: Nitrine fights zombies with Salmon as a weapon. Last to the time limit.

Choke-o-bo: Ninja Chocobo pwns some noobs: like a ninja would! (stealth) Defeat all enemies without getting caught.

Xartyve on Ice: Xart fights Crow wearing roller skates.

You sunk my...: Threeshades and Salmon play battleships.

Silverraptor
2010-05-28, 10:02 PM
I want them to be immune to all magic, totally unbreakable, and to cause a massive, Earth-rending explosion if they come into contact with any variety of cheese.

Win! Take an internet.

V'icternus
2010-05-28, 10:30 PM
Internet? I don't need no stinkin' internet!

...Cheese-caused explosions is still going to come up at some point, though.

Silverraptor
2010-05-29, 12:19 AM
Internet? I don't need no stinkin' internet!

...Cheese-caused explosions is still going to come up at some point, though.

Well, fine. I'll keep it then.

And I'll bring the nachos when it does.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-29, 12:40 PM
Y'know the defining feature of seven league boots are that your steps are seven leagues (21 miles, 34km) long, right? It's because of this that the wearer can travel great distances in short time, not generally because of super-speed/agility.
Also, taking 17mph as a ballpark for average running speed and a yard for the length of each stride, running with seven league boots should be at about 1 000 000 km/h. Which is 600 000 mph for those of us used to Imperial units, around .2% of the speed of lightning, yet still 10 times faster than the speed of Earth's revolution about the Sun.

The fact that it doesn't effect his reaction speed and such is my explanation for why Crow couldn't just grab the key and run to the fortress of vengeance before anyone could react, But given that anyone can react perfectly well at the speed of a car means that he don't need to remain at human speed at all.

I assumed he could take a step once per second and thus would be moving at 64% per cent of 11 leagues per second (roughly the speed of lightning)

Am I wrong?

Keris
2010-05-29, 03:41 PM
now you guys are complaining that I shrunk it, and about putting it in a bag of holding? I can't win here can I? :smallannoyed:
I don't see anyone objecting to it being put in a bag of holding, that's fine as it can still be pick-pocketed, or the bag swiped, or whatever. No-one complained when the crow was carrying it in hammerspace during a couple of Keveak's comics.
But, like I said, shrinking the key sets an unwanted precedent. If you can shrink it, could not someone else change it's shape more drastically? And then we have a misshapen key, which aren't generally good at fitting locks. I agree with Silver, no conventional magic should affect the keys, and seeing as you're putting it in an extra-dimensional storage anyway, not shrinking it won't change anything.

The fact that it doesn't effect his reaction speed and such is my explanation for why Crow couldn't just grab the key and run to the fortress of vengeance before anyone could react, But given that anyone can react perfectly well at the speed of a car means that he don't need to remain at human speed at all.
Then they're more boots of swiftness than seven league boots, aren't they? His steps aren't seven leagues long at all, he's just moving faster than usual.

I assumed he could take a step once per second and thus would be moving at 64% per cent of 11 leagues per second (roughly the speed of lightning)

Am I wrong?
Lightning moves at something around 1/3 of c, which works out as over 60 000 miles per second. A league is 3 miles, so yeah, you're mistaken. :smalltongue:
Seven leagues per second is 75 000 mph (120 000 km/h), which is more like .03% the speed of lightning. But when running, you're taking quite a bit more than one step every second, so 1 million km/h should be a good ballpark for seven league boots.

Mina Kobold
2010-05-29, 04:11 PM
I don't see anyone objecting to it being put in a bag of holding, that's fine as it can still be pick-pocketed, or the bag swiped, or whatever. No-one complained when the crow was carrying it in hammerspace during a couple of Keveak's comics.
But, like I said, shrinking the key sets an unwanted precedent. If you can shrink it, could not someone else change it's shape more drastically? And then we have a misshapen key, which aren't generally good at fitting locks. I agree with Silver, no conventional magic should affect the keys, and seeing as you're putting it in an extra-dimensional storage anyway, not shrinking it won't change anything.

I can hand-wave that. The bird would is as big as it should be on the inside but the outside is locked up in hammerspace. There, now we can bicker about the key being stored in a Bag Of Holding :smalltongue:

Then they're more boots of swiftness than seven league boots, aren't they? His steps aren't seven leagues long at all, he's just moving faster than usual.

It's magic, he can just take shorter steps :smalltongue: If they were boots of swiftness then he would be faster in all other aspects too and my previous hand-wave would be moot.

Besides, Seven League boots are cooler :smalltongue:

Lightning moves at something around 1/3 of c, which works out as over 60 000 miles per second. A league is 3 miles, so yeah, you're mistaken. :smalltongue:
Seven leagues per second is 75 000 mph (120 000 km/h), which is more like .03% the speed of lightning. But when running, you're taking quite a bit more than one step every second, so 1 million km/h should be a good ballpark for seven league boots.

I apologise then, Crow moves 1.000.000 km/h now. Thank you for clarifying me :smallsmile:

Darklord Bright
2010-05-29, 04:38 PM
I'm laughing to myself right now at the idea of Cyban getting magical powers and commanding little hordes of minions like in the Overlord games. Would probably never happen though, unless other people think it would be funny. :smalltongue:

Keris
2010-05-29, 06:12 PM
I can hand-wave that. The bird would is as big as it should be on the inside but the outside is locked up in hammerspace.
Not quite sure what you mean here. :smallconfused:

It's magic, he can just take shorter steps. If they were boots of swiftness then he would be faster in all other aspects too and my previous hand-wave would be moot.
Now you're clutching at straws. :smalltongue: If taking a yard long step means he travels 7 leagues, then he'd only be taking a ~25μm long step to travel a metre. That's a quarter of the thickness of a human hair, there's no way he has that much precision with his movements.
There's no need for boots of swiftness to speed up anything but your feet. Sure, it could speed up your thought processes as well, but it doesn't need to.

Thank you for clarifying me :smallsmile:
No worries, 'clarifying' is one of my favourite internet pastimes. http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z257/kerisrain/other/Pennybags.png

Fay Graydon
2010-05-29, 07:58 PM
Currently playing around with Boss/Themed Mooks at the moment :smallbiggrin:
http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/Ikaeru/PunkMook.png

Mina Kobold
2010-05-30, 04:59 AM
Not quite sure what you mean here. :smallconfused:

I mean that instead of it being small and having it's insides made bigger by magic it's big and have it's outside shrunk by magic.

Or in other words, a reverse bag of holding.

Now you're clutching at straws. :smalltongue: If taking a yard long step means he travels 7 leagues, then he'd only be taking a ~25μm long step to travel a metre. That's a quarter of the thickness of a human hair, there's no way he has that much precision with his movements.
There's no need for boots of swiftness to speed up anything but your feet. Sure, it could speed up your thought processes as well, but it doesn't need to.

I was more thinking that he takes yard-long steps but doesn't use the full power of the magic and thus they don't end up being seven leagues long.

But that do sound More like boots of swiftness... Well then they're boots of swiftness! Problem solved :smallsmile:

Lord Raziere
2010-05-30, 06:35 PM
I can hand-wave that. The bird would is as big as it should be on the inside but the outside is locked up in hammerspace. There, now we can bicker about the key being stored in a Bag Of Holding :smalltongue:

ok, to satisfy everyone, how about I retcon the key shrinking as an illusion cast on the air around the key instead of actually shrinking it?

as for bag of holding.......it stays, storing it in there doesn't seem overpowered or broken to me, unless you want to use the "bag of holding inside of bag of holding" argument and argue that its broken on the grounds that if I put the BoH with the key inside another BoH it would rip the key outta existence and render the plot pointless, but other than that I don't see any problems....

Silverraptor
2010-05-30, 07:33 PM
ok, to satisfy everyone, how about I retcon the key shrinking as an illusion cast on the air around the key instead of actually shrinking it?

as for bag of holding.......it stays, storing it in there doesn't seem overpowered or broken to me, unless you want to use the "bag of holding inside of bag of holding" argument and argue that its broken on the grounds that if I put the BoH with the key inside another BoH it would rip the key outta existence and render the plot pointless, but other than that I don't see any problems....

I just want to ask why it's so important that he appears to have shrunk the key? Illusion or no illusion, it just doesn't make any sense.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-30, 08:01 PM
I just want to ask why it's so important that he appears to have shrunk the key? Illusion or no illusion, it just doesn't make any sense.

he figured that since the key was so big, it would be harder to grab it from him if he shrunk it.

Silverraptor
2010-05-30, 11:47 PM
he figured that since the key was so big, it would be harder to grab it from him if he shrunk it.

I still don't really see the point in doing that.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-31, 12:09 AM
well what do you think is harder to grab? a big key or a small key?

ok, nevermind. whatever.

change of topic: is anyone else gonna post up a comic soon or no?

Mina Kobold
2010-05-31, 01:00 AM
well what do you think is harder to grab? a big key or a small key?

ok, nevermind. whatever.

change of topic: is anyone else gonna post up a comic soon or no?

I am!

I was just waiting till I was entirely sure what would happen, or not happen, in your comic :smallsmile:

licoot
2010-06-01, 11:49 AM
Great comic Keveak, I want to make a comic just can't think what to do:smallfrown:

Lyinginbedmon
2010-06-01, 01:07 PM
Depending on how quickly I get stuff done, might have a comic up myself soon.

Also, saw FireDrake at London Expo! Glad to meet him, shame I was in a rush at the time. :smallsmile:

Mina Kobold
2010-06-01, 01:45 PM
Great comic Keveak, I want to make a comic just can't think what to do:smallfrown:

Get to Merinas!

I can't do a thing there without people to interact with :smalltongue:

Alternately, have your character meet up with one of the characters on the train :smallsmile:

Silverraptor
2010-06-01, 02:47 PM
And I see a perfect opportunity to make a comic. I should have it done by tonight.:smallwink:

CrimsonAngel
2010-06-01, 03:06 PM
I should probably make a comic.

Silverraptor
2010-06-01, 03:22 PM
I should probably make a comic.

:eek:

Not until after me, please... If I don't have one up by tonight...

CrimsonAngel
2010-06-01, 03:26 PM
If you don't have one by tonight i'll eat your insides. Such plentifull organs!

Mina Kobold
2010-06-01, 03:34 PM
If you don't have one by tonight i'll eat your insides. Such plentifull organs!

Dibs on the kidneys!

Callos always gets them in the FFRPG section, now I want them for once :smallmad:

On a slightly different note; glad to see so many deciding to do comics all of sudden :smallsmile:

licoot
2010-06-01, 03:37 PM
On a slightly different note; glad to see so many deciding to do comics all of sudden :smallsmile:

I'm willing to bet half the people eager to make a comic either never get around to it or don't like what they end up with:smallbiggrin: