PDA

View Full Version : Coolest deity to be descendant from <3.5>

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:19 PM
Yes, this is a major theme of the campaign Im in for my Friday night game. All but me are descendant of a deity of some sort.

My plan is to be my Templar homebrew variant Paladin, and some awesome race. What deity (if any) fits the bill. and no human.....

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 01:20 PM
Yes, this is a major theme of the campaign Im in for my Friday night game. All but me are descendant of a deity of some sort.

My plan is to be my Templar homebrew variant Paladin, and some awesome race. What deity (if any) fits the bill. and no human.....Wait what are you asking?

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:21 PM
Wait what are you asking?

I need to be the descendant of a deity to make sense. Which deity should I pick, which has to be some form of spellcaster

DementedFellow
2010-04-14, 01:24 PM
Zeus pretty much had sex and then managed the cosmos in the rest of his free time.

Being the child of the Thunder God (King of the Gods) sounds pretty awesome.

Caliphbubba
since you said no human...

what about someone like Moradin the Soulforger...?

totally could see some Templar-type guys working for/being sired by him.

Favored Soul of Moradin would be cool too

Yuki Akuma
...What setting are you playing in? What pantheon are you using? You have given us practically no information.

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 01:25 PM
I need to be the descendant of a deity to make sense. Which deity should I pick, which has to be some form of spellcasterWell, given your history, let's go with Vecna.:smallamused:

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:27 PM
Well, given your history, let's go with Vecna.:smallamused:

what is that supposed to mean.....

Actually considered Asmodeus, though Vecna, the male Drow deity, and Mephistopheles were on the list

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 01:29 PM
what is that supposed to mean.....

Actually considered Asmodeus, though Vecna, the male Drow deity, and Mephistopheles were on the listJust talking to myself. Vecna is the iconic lich-god which is why I suggested him.

Yuki Akuma
2010-04-14, 01:31 PM
Just talking to myself. Vecna is the iconic lich-god which is why I suggested him.

Vecna is (was) human.

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 01:31 PM
Vecna is (was) human.
I am aware. :smallbiggrin:

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:33 PM
...What setting are you playing in? What pantheon are you using? You have given us practically no information.

any deity (minus dragon), a homebrew setting that borrows from all of the others

NO ZEUS!!! The PCs would butcher me (minus a stormlord would look cool with that ;3)

And Moradin's out, cuz he is detained

MCerberus
2010-04-14, 01:33 PM
If you're allowed to go out of the standard pantheon, The Keeper. He's pretty much the Eberron god of hell and is a spellcaster.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-14, 01:34 PM

My plan is to be my Templar homebrew variant Paladin, and some awesome race. What deity (if any) fits the bill. and no human.....

Io? Dragon god.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:34 PM
If you're allowed to go out of the standard pantheon, The Keeper. He's pretty much the Eberron god of hell and is a spellcaster.

What race/class makes sense with him? Remember, in the last Eberron game, we had no deity-interaction

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:36 PM
Io? Dragon god.

I can't. No dragon gods (ie: Chronepis, Tiamat, Bahamut, Io, Ashardalon)

almost anything else is kosher however

shadow_archmagi
2010-04-14, 01:36 PM
Obvious the best religion is the Omnians.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:38 PM

?????????????? What in the sam-hill is that?

remember, I never pay attention to deities

all I play is fighter/ranger/monk/sorcerer

Glimbur
2010-04-14, 01:39 PM
Zarus. LE god of Humanity First from Races of Destiny. I don't recall what classes would make sense for one of his descendants though, sorry.

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 01:40 PM
Zarus. LE god of Humanity First from Races of Destiny. I don't recall what classes would make sense for one of his descendants though, sorry.Zarus is good at everything.

ALL HAIL ZARUS

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:42 PM
Zarus. LE god of Humanity First from Races of Destiny. I don't recall what classes would make sense for one of his descendants though, sorry.

No human....

Our deities are as follows:

Elf Ranger 1 (DMPC)- Correlleon
Elf Ranger 2 (DM's G/F)- Some female elf deity
Warforged Monk (XDM's little Bro)- Alpha Omega (my old warforged who's noble sacrifice caused the gods to raise him and make him a god)
Drow Wizard (XDM)- Inferno Baenre (DM's old pc-turned-god)
Dragonborn Myrmidon (DM's BFF)- Io (that's why I can't be descendant of Io)

Caliphbubba
2010-04-14, 01:47 PM
Valkar(CG), deity of courage
KonKresh(CN), deity of Brute Force
Typhos(LE), deity of tyranny
Sulerain(NE), The Grim Lady, deity of slaughter

all from Complete Warrior.

*shrug*

Vaprak? isn't he the ogre/troll deity? that'd be kind of cool to be a half-ogre scion of Vaprak

for another Dwarf...how 'bout Clangeddin Silverbeard?

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 01:47 PM
You should worship Chickenus, the chicken-infested commoner turned god who spawns whole planes of chickens as free actions.

MCerberus
2010-04-14, 01:48 PM
What race/class makes sense with him? Remember, in the last Eberron game, we had no deity-interaction

Eberron deities aren't very big on racial deities. I also had mixed up the god I wanted to mention, he's The Shadow, god of deceit and corruption. It may also be bad that each of the pantheon has a dragon representation (except Vol, who's not actually a god... yet). Evil casters love him, and so do a lot of monstrous humanoids and various evilish things.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-14, 01:49 PM
Valkar(CG), deity of courage
KonKresh(CN), deity of Brute Force
Typhos(LE), deity of tyranny
Sulerain(NE), The Grim Lady, deity of slaughter

all from Complete Warrior.

*shrug*

Vaprak? isn't he the ogre/troll deity? that'd be kind of cool to be a half-ogre scion of Vaprak

for another Dwarf...how 'bout Clangeddin Silverbeard?

did consider a spawn of the Kuo Toa god or the sahuagin god

Calemyr
2010-04-14, 01:51 PM
?????????????? What in the sam-hill is that?

remember, I never pay attention to deities

all I play is fighter/ranger/monk/sorcerer

Omn is an old school deity with the portfolios of "Kicking Ass" and "Taking Names". He's become a lot more agreeable, however, since he gained the "Listens to his saints" portfolio.

Dust
2010-04-14, 01:51 PM
ZOD.
(Kneel before him.)

Skaven
2010-04-14, 01:54 PM
Kurtulmak!

>_>

Caliphbubba
2010-04-14, 01:54 PM
ooh ooh be the scion of Grummush.

it could be like Supernatural! You're Sam and he's Dean! lol you work together because you have to eventually do battle at the end of time so the universe is saved! So until then you stay with one another and protect each other.

lol

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 01:55 PM
FIRE GOD (http://jrients.blogspot.com/2009/02/um-fear-my-wrath-puny-mortals.html):smallamused:

Yukitsu
2010-04-14, 01:56 PM
Flying spaghetti monster has my vote.

Siegel
2010-04-14, 02:09 PM
Pelor

http://tinyurl.com/y7feskq

chiasaur11
2010-04-14, 02:10 PM
One of the Norse ones.

Thor, Tyr, Heimdall whichever.

They all punch faces in quite well.

Ranos
2010-04-14, 02:16 PM
Worship the Lady of Pain. Maybe if you make a trip to Sigil, she'll even be able to thank you personally.

chiasaur11
2010-04-14, 02:17 PM
Worship the Lady of Pain. Maybe if you make a trip to Sigil, she'll even be able to thank you personally.

Ranos, you are one mean fella.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-14, 02:28 PM
DM: descent from the Dungeon Master, a mysterious being who controls entire universes.

Radar
2010-04-14, 02:29 PM
Yet, instead of being a Templar or a Paladin, he would be a nice guy handing out informative flayers. :smalltongue:

I think, that being a Paladin of Olidammara might be interesting (and the whole "being his descendant" thing very probable). :smallbiggrin:

Critical
2010-04-14, 02:32 PM
Ares. CE, but not necessarily kill everything type. A freaking god of war. Also, he's got a kick-ass picture in the Deities and Demigods.

Touchy
2010-04-14, 02:34 PM
Kurtulmak!

>_>

Seconding.

mabriss lethe
2010-04-14, 02:40 PM
I would be sorely tempted to go with one of the Aberration gods mentioned in Lords of Madness. Take lots of aberration blood or maybe illithid heritage feats and maybe go psychic warrior.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-04-14, 02:44 PM
You should worship Chickenus, the chicken-infested commoner turned god who spawns whole planes of chickens as free actions.

Who, strangely enough, is still weaker then a Chicken-Infested COmmoner with a Gnomish Quick Razor.

Kylarra
2010-04-14, 02:46 PM
Who, strangely enough, is still weaker then a Chicken-Infested COmmoner with a Gnomish Quick Razor.It's not a comprehensive list of capabilities. I'm sure a god could acquire a gnomish quickrazor.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-04-14, 02:50 PM
It's not a comprehensive list of capabilities. I'm sure a god could acquire a gnomish quickrazor.

Garl Glittergold would be willing to sell him one for some chickens, I suppose.

Eldan
2010-04-14, 02:52 PM
What about the celtic gods? If you are set on Evil, there's always the Morrigan. If you can worship Mephistopheles and the other planar overlords, what about Mydianchlarus? He's definitely not human in any sense of the word.

absolmorph
2010-04-14, 03:00 PM
Garl Glittergold would be willing to sell him one for some chickens, I suppose.
Oh, gods, keep him away from the chickens!
Just imagine the havoc he'd cause...

Dacia Brabant
2010-04-14, 05:51 PM
NO ZEUS!!! The PCs would butcher me (minus a stormlord would look cool with that ;3)

Then be a half-giant descendant of Stronmaus. He's like Zeus, only less of a jerk. Plus you get to be a half-giant, a very solid +1 LA race for melee types.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 11:20 AM
I had considered a revamp of the Idea.

He is a Hellbred created on the day Helm died, causing his Hellbred form to become corrupted by Helm's divine energies. He now wishes to take his "father's" place as the next Helm

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 11:22 AM
Then be a half-giant descendant of Stronmaus. He's like Zeus, only less of a jerk. Plus you get to be a half-giant, a very solid +1 LA race for melee types.

although this idea is smexy as sin....

Stonmaus is a BAMF covered in Bacon and Awesomesauce brand BBQ Sauce

Starbuck_II
2010-04-15, 11:23 AM
I had considered a revamp of the Idea.

He is a Hellbred created on the day Helm died, causing his Hellbred form to become corrupted by Helm's divine energies. He now wishes to take his "father's" place as the next Helm

Also he is 1/2 chicken. :smallbiggrin:

But I like the idea of Hellbred.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 11:33 AM
Also he is 1/2 chicken. :smallbiggrin:

But I like the idea of Hellbred.

1. .... what's with the fricken chickens??? Chicken Infested Commoners + hangman's nuse = Choking Chickens?

2. I like Hellbred for the flavor... Mmmmmm.... Tastes like doughnuts.... mmmm..............doughnuts