PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom hearts/Planescape crossover

NPC lord
2010-04-14, 03:11 PM
Has anyone done this before? To me it seems fairly natural: KH is about traveling to diferent worlds, so is Planescape. A heartless invasion upsetting the balance of planar politics would make for a fine adventure, and Disney characters wandering around sigil would just be entertaining.

Anyone have any input on this?

Golden-Esque
2010-04-14, 03:31 PM
Has anyone done this before? To me it seems fairly natural: KH is about traveling to diferent worlds, so is Planescape. A heartless invasion upsetting the balance of planar politics would make for a fine adventure, and Disney characters wandering around sigil would just be entertaining.

Anyone have any input on this?

Many have tried to successfully Homebrew the Keyblade Master, but ultimately, all of those posts have returned to darkness ....

Lappy9000
2010-04-14, 03:51 PM
I dunno, it seems more like Spelljammer (http://www.spelljammer.org/) to me.

The Tygre
2010-04-14, 04:52 PM
I dunno, it seems more like Spelljammer (http://www.spelljammer.org/) to me.

Kind of have to agree, but only because of Gummi space. In Planescape, traveling between worlds is usually as simple as getting the right key and walking through a door.

Which means, theoretically, you could be a -god- in Sigil. But that means... Oh crap...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/LadyofPain.jpg

Deathdarken
2010-04-14, 04:59 PM
Many have tried to successfully Homebrew the Keyblade Master, but ultimately, all of those posts have returned to darkness ....

let him try and see you never know

DracoDei
2010-04-14, 05:30 PM
Since it seems a formidable project, I would say forget keyblades for the moment... get the universes integrated on the plot level, THEN worry about specific classes and such. Maybe you can't BE a keyblade master in that campaign, and more than most GMs would allow a true-dragon character that would really FEEL like playing a dragon.

Eldan
2010-04-14, 05:33 PM
Kind of have to agree, but only because of Gummi space. In Planescape, traveling between worlds is usually as simple as getting the right key and walking through a door.

Which means, theoretically, you could be a -god- in Sigil. But that means... Oh crap...

I'm not sure that the keyblade counts as a portalkey in the Planescape sense. Those tend to be random items, actions or thoughts.

DracoDei
2010-04-14, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure that the keyblade counts as a portalkey in the Planescape sense. Those tend to be random items, actions or thoughts.
I think the implication in his mind is that a keyblade is a MASTER key to ANY portal. That puts it into the realm of "Major Artifact that Wars that Destroy Planes as Incidental Damage are Fought Over" territory perhaps... although given that Plane Shift exists probably not (don't know the Planescape setting well enough...).

Eldan
2010-04-14, 05:50 PM
Planeshift does exist, though it can only transport you to the uppermost layer of a plane. And most outsider races are limited in where (or how) they can go: under normal circumstances, the fiends are limited to the lower planes (though some show up in the outlands or Sigil, most must be summoned to go elsewhere).

Now, I'm pretty sure the Lady would come down hard and fast on anyone trying to use a kind of universal key to her gates. It would probably mean a few more levelled city blocks. Or she could just change a portal's destination at an opportune time, to, say, Kali's layer of the abyss.

Kiren
2010-04-14, 08:30 PM
It should be noted, that somewhere their is a field with hundreds of keyblades.

That can be trouble.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-04-14, 08:33 PM

I dunno, I tried homebrewing Heartless once (when I was a noob, so it was all pretty meh) and... Xefas, I think, made a Hero of Light class. It was pretty good. Posting now so I can look through my old threads and find it, then posting the link.

Edit: The thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112411), with Xefas's class as the 23rd post. I officially disown all my embarrassing creations in that thread. May go back to restart the project if I feel like it, someday.

DracoDei
2010-04-14, 08:35 PM
Didn't know about that... was it ever established if just anyone could pick one of those up and get at least minimal results with it? Or do you have to have some sort of special quality for it to be anything more than an improvised weapon that deals bludgeoning damage? Because, especially if Keyblade Wielder is a class/feat/who-cares that is off-limits to PCs... it just ads some background tension... if it gets too bad Sigil can just nuke the field right as the first sizable group of raiders arrive...

Also, when you said she would level blocks to get someone who was using them on HER doors, does that mean any door in her city?

Eldan
2010-04-15, 03:45 AM
It is assumed that, within Sigil, not only all doors, but all closed arches, such as windows, keyholes, the legs of statues and a lot of others are all portals, most of them just never open because the key is lacking. It also seems that the Lady can open and close all those portals at will, and change their destinations and anchoring points. So yes, it includes all doors.

NPC lord
2010-04-15, 01:44 PM
:smallbiggrin:I wasn't planing on stating out the keyblade master, at least not yet. I'm going to start by stating out the heartless, and determining how the different factions react to the heartless. In case anyone cares, i'm going pre-faction war, just because i know more about it and i think it is more ripe as a setting. Anyways, here is the state of things thus far:

Recently sigil has been flooded by pimes of all different sorts, all aparently refugees from some "Darkness". Sightings of some small shadowy creatures have also been reported, mainly shadows, but a few of the larger sorts. Their heart-stealing conversions concern some, but all in all they are no more dangerous than most other things on the planes. Few have noticed that their numbers increase more and more everyday, but those that have are worried. The fact that a heartless esentialy encases a soul in darkness greatly disturbs the forces of good, but as of yet they have been too preocupied with the feinds to pay any real attention. The devils, and some other lawful factions, see the heartless as a growing threat to planar stability, but also as a possible tool. Also somewhat disconcerting is the appearance of what witnesses describe as "giant keys", almost always in the hands of primes. Commonly seen fighting the heartless. Rumors about the powers of these keys are likely greatly exagerated, as weilders are described as opening and closing portals seemingly at will, even where none were beleived to exist.

The factions thus far have largely been neutral in respect to the heartless, but some have begun to react. As of now, these are the stances of the Factions on the Heartless:

Athar: The godless have not realy taken any real intrest in the heartless, but a recent rumor may change that. The rumor says that that a godling was killed in his own domain by beasts of shadow matching the heartless' description. Some Athar hold this up as a proof of the falibilities of the deities, but others see this as a possible paradigm shift of divine proportions.

Beleivers of the source: some Godsmen look at the heartless as just another threat, but others see them as a possible path to divinity. They see conversion into a heartless as a possible path to power and divine apotheosis.

Bleak cabal: The bleakers see the heartless as essentialy confirmation of their beleif that life has no inherent meaning. Their complete amorality is somewhat unique among outsiders, and this means that the bleakers have a certain fondness for them.

Doomgaurd: Some believe that the doomgaurd would see the heartless as the ultimate example of entopy. The truth is quite the oposite. The doomgaurd violently oppose the heartless. Yes, the heartless destroy things, but they replace it with themselves. The heartless dont gather in large numbers as of yet, but those that the doomgaurd do find they slay.

Dustmen: The dusters dispise and fear the heartless, who they see as preventing the passage into true death. However, the Dustmen aren't particularly millitant, and so thier opposition to the heartless has been more theoretical than anything.

Fated: Unsurprisingly, the Heartless love the heartless. They beleive that they can control them, and thus through them control everything. Taker mages have been experimenting on heartless conversion and control. If they suceed, then woe to those in their way.

Fraternitiy of Order: The chaos left in the wake of the heartless disgusts the Guvners, but at the same time they are also intriged by the heartless. A few more maverick members have set off to discover the laws and regulatoins that govern the heartless in general, and specificaly thier heirarchy.

more soon...

Closak
2010-04-15, 02:07 PM
Curaga: Fully restores all Hit Points, so if the Keyblade Wielder has a max of 600 Hit Points and is at 1 then a cast of Curaga will put him at 600 again.

Firaga: Massive amount of fire damage

Blizzaga: Massive amount of cold damage

Thundaga: Massive amount of electricity damage

Magnega: Large amount of force damage that also acts as a magnet

Reflega: Bounces the attack back at the enemy, meaning that anything that attacks the wielder when this is cast ends up hurting itself as the force of it's own attack is reflected back at it.

Magic fully recharges in about 5-6 rounds.
Meaning, full heal every 5 to 6 rounds.
Better wittle those Hit Points down fast, otherwise he heal himself.

...Could be problematic...

And no, not just about anyone can use a Keyblade.
The Keyblade has to LET you use it first, if the Keyblade doesn't choose you, then you can't use it.
A non-chosen trying to use a Keyblade will get that person absolutely nowhere.
Though it seems that once one Keyblade has picked you all the other ones will let you use them as well.

Also, for the record, Kingdom Hearts is the center of the multiverse, the source of everything basically, if someone manages to gain complete control of it...say hello to absolute omnipotence.

Fortunately none of the villains have gotten anywhere close, Xemnas just got a tiny little fraction, and it still let him warp reality and negate the laws of physics, not to mention create buildings out of thin air.
...Is it just me or does that thing he keeps trying to throw you into during the second to last stage of the battle look an awful lot like a black hole?

DracoDei
2010-04-15, 04:02 PM
Magic fully recharges in about 5-6 rounds.
Meaning, full heal every 5 to 6 rounds.
Better wittle those Hit Points down fast, otherwise he heal himself.

...Could be problematic...

Most fights don't go 5 rounds in D&D... Save-or-Die, Shock-Trooper/Power-Attack/Whatever-goes-with-those-builds...

Heal, Mass is enough to put almost any class-level based threat back to full, so this only changes the game dynamics for high end dragons and such.

Sydonai
2010-04-15, 04:27 PM
"Kingdom Hearts" is obviously at the base of the Outlands' pillar. "Center of The Multiverse" and all that.