PDA

View Full Version : anima: beyond fantasy, character ideas?

littlebottom
2010-04-14, 06:22 PM
right, i have (at my local gaming club) announced that i will be running a 1v1 tournament of level 1s. this will include approx 7 people give or take, but either way, i am making a character too, even though i will be running the other 1v1 fights, to make sure its all fair and done properly, in 1v1 with me as one of them its like 1 player vurses a fairly matched npc, so i shall play straight against them in that respect, no cheating though obviously, where as i might change my roll in the normal game to help someone out or such, it will be all fair..

i was just wondering what people could come up with for me to play? in this situation, what character do you think i should play? why? im asking this rather than just doing it because i feel that this way, i can get a varied set of opinions rather than just my own view.

i do of course wish to win, its just im the one who GMs so i know the system well. there is another though who also knows the system well having read through the book a couple of times, i fear he will beat me by making an amazing character, or finding some loophole i didnt notice, or didnt wish to exploit.

ultimately, this is anything in the main rule book is allowed, the only restraints are such things like "artifacts" have to be ran by me. im not having someone take an artifact they just made up that lets them attack 20 times a turn even if they are hit. so other than that, feel free to use any little rule. give suggestions, advice, criticism. its all in good fun. im contemplating allowing the winner of each battle to level up too, so possible room for improvement after first win or so. also i will be making "battlegrounds" some will be open with lots of ledges and falls, some might be low roofed maze. that sort of thing, to allow certain abilitys to become more usefull if used right, and others less. (like flying in a low roofed building doesnt really help.)

so without trying to be too broken, what can you think of (Yes you can take disadvantages that are not really a disadvantage in such a short tournament just for the points, like being terminally ill "you will die in a month" "oh thats fine the tournaments only a week long" sort of thing)

littlebottom
2010-04-15, 06:55 PM
i came up with an idea recently, but it is important i get 10 in strength to start.

what it is, is a warrior (a tao or technician might work with this aswell maybe even a paladin) but, take the advantages of "been around 2" for 100 exp, putting you on level 2, now up your strength to 11.

next take elan 3, with abbadon using the demonic incarnation, that gives you 120 points to spend on the monster creation tables now with this, there can be some variation

1: you spend all your 120 DP to up strength, taking it up to a grand total of 16, this will allow you to duel wield 2 giant battle axes. of course, these will have to be artifacts.

or 2: you buy the +2 strength to allow you to duel wield 2 enourmous battle axes. again proberbly artifacts. but this way you have other points to spend in other bits to chop and change it.

im not entirely sure upon the use of giant weapons, i believe you have to be of large size, this would make me think, of taking the unusual size advantage (or buy it in monster advantages) to up your size to a viable size for the giant battle axes, but if thats not possible then you will have to be happy with the enormous, with a -50 initiative for duel wielding 2 enormous weapons, ontop of its already slow initiative, CP left or DP left will proberbly have to go towards making its initiative higher, or giving it ambidexterous.

what do you think of it as an idea? ive not crunched the numbers yet though.