PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Master Chef

Divide by Zero
2010-04-15, 12:05 AM
If you're wondering, no, that isn't a typo in the title.

The other day, I was trapped in the vortex that is TV Tropes, on the Lethal Chef (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LethalChef) page (click at your own risk), when I had the idea of a character who fights through the culinary arts. Playing a normal caster and re-flavoring (pun intended) the spells as food-based attacks feels like cheating to me, and I'd just play more KoL if that was what I wanted to do. But I'm sure it's possible; I've seen way more implausible concepts turned into viable characters before. I just don't really know where to start. Any ideas? To make things more interesting, it's a level 30 epic game.

Seffbasilisk
2010-04-15, 12:12 AM
Drunken Master, enchant a cooking utensil as a weapon....

Adumbration
2010-04-15, 12:13 AM
Well, I think you could use Exemplar to make a diplomancer, using Persuasive Performance with Profession (chef) skill.

Another option might be Alchemist Savant from Magic of Eberron, with potions refluffed as stews and soups.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-15, 12:20 AM
Drunken Master, enchant a cooking utensil as a weapon....

Not quite what I was thinking, but I might be able to make it work.

Well, I think you could use Exemplar to make a diplomancer, using Persuasive Performance with Profession (chef) skill.

Another option might be Alchemist Savant from Magic of Eberron, with potions refluffed as stews and soups.

Apparently diplomacy is too cheesy even for an epic game. I have to agree with that assessment.

As for the Alchemist Savant, I'll take a look at that.
Edit: a little too downtime-focused for what I'm thinking (more like someone who cooks on the battlefield and fights by poisoning, creating explosive dishes, and so on). Maybe I'll just try homebrewing something.

Amiel
2010-04-15, 06:15 AM
I've always wanted to create a PrC, base class or monster that offers food (poisoned or otherwise) to their opponents or allies.
For the prestige or base class, every level would allow the character to create different cuisines; culminating in a pot luck type of effect.

For a joker or mischievous character, have the monster or class allow a food-flinging effect; if two Excessive Food Delivery Technicians meet, this should quickly end up being a colossal food fight.

The class or monster might induce food cravings within enemies, or an addiction to the food being thrown at them. They will then seek this food out at all cost, irrespective of what is happening right at that moment.

You could create an Avatar: The Airbender type class or monster, that fires and manipulates food or drink in that manner.

Person_Man
2010-04-15, 09:20 AM
Druid? Summon Nature's Dinner!