PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Items for Druid

blackmage5242
2010-04-15, 12:35 AM
Hi, i am building a druid character and have 500,000gp to spend. I have gone through some books and now is giving me a slight headache.

Then i thought more heads is better than one.

So here i am asking everyone here, with that amount of wealth how should i outfit my druid? He is not really focused in any field just can do all, wildshape, spellcasting and summoning.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-15, 12:41 AM
Wildshape amulet if Magic of Faerun is allowed, +6 equipment for all relevant stats, +5 book for Wisdom at least, good armor, Belt of Battle, and as many wilding clasps as you need. If you don't have Magic Item Compendium, it's a lot more limiting.

blackmage5242
2010-04-15, 12:58 AM
All books allowed,

Sorry to mention it but we are starting at level 20 so the amulet is useless now since it doesn't increase the HD limit beyond 20.

Belt of Battle is a given, who doesn't like more actions.

nargbop
2010-04-15, 01:03 AM
My current Druid spends most of his time in Wildshape, so his normal physical stats don't matter much. Therefore, I bought him Tomes and enhancement-bonus items for his mental stats. With Wilding Clasps, you can keep your items attached to your wildshape - check with your DM to see if you can attach them to things besides vests and cloaks. There's also mountain plate, which lets you keep the AC armor bonus while wildshaped.

blackmage5242
2010-04-15, 01:07 AM
The Magic Item Compendium, Wilding Clasps state you can use it on anything it is attached to.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-04-15, 01:11 AM
Monk's Belt (DMG) with a Wilding Clasp (MIC), get your Wisdom bonus to AC and you can even use unarmed strikes regardless of form. Add the effects of a Belt of the Wide Earth (MIC) to it for +50% price (29,000 gp total with the wilding clasp) and you can spontaneously convert spell slots to cast Teleport 2/day, and it doubles your carrying capacity.

Armor of the Beast (CC), Wild armor melds into your form and you are no longer considered to be wearing armor, but it still grants its AC bonus. You don't take the armor check penalty or movement penalties for wild armor, and your Monk AC bonus will apply when wearing it but only when wild shaped.

Mantle of the Beast and Ring of the Beast (CC) are also good to have, you don't even need a Wilding Clasp. Add the Ring of the Beast properties to a Ring of Freedom of Movement for +50% price (52,000 gp total) and you won't even need a Wilding Clasp for it. According to MIC (page 234) you can add a Deflection bonus to an existing ring for no more than the price of a standalone Ring of Protection.

Get a Standard Rod of Extend and a 6th level Pearl of Power, every other day cast Energy Immunity twice and Superior Resistance all extended, using the pearl to only spend two spell slots, and they'll all last 48 hours. On the days in between cast Energy Immunity extended three times, again using the pearl to only use two spell slots, and you'll constantly be immune to all five energy types and get a +6 Resistance bonus to saves. Get a few Lesser Rods of Extend for buffs like Longstrider and Barkskin, and also for Creeping Cold. Get a Standard Rod of Empower for Fire Seeds (berry bombs mode).

Get some Unguent of Timelessness and use it to coat eight Bone Talisman (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a) spell foci per dose of unguent. Use them to cast Bone Talisman during downtime, each will last about 60 hours per caster level due to the unguent. You can use them to turn undead, a useful ability, and since the unguent never wears off you can reuse the same long-duration foci indefinitely.

The Wraith's Woe magic item set (MIC) could be extremely useful, though you would need to use a Wilding Clasp for each piece. A Necklace of Adaptation is also useful, I would add its effect to a Choker of Life Protection at +50% cost for a total of 27,500 gp. Referring back to MIC page 234, you can add an Enhancement bonus to Wisdom to a neck item for the same price as a standalone Periapt of Wisdom.

If you can use items from Magic of Faerun, do not hesitate to buy a Cowl of Warding. You'll need to use a Wilding Clasp, but this is one of the best and most powerful items in the game.

blackmage5242
2010-04-15, 01:46 AM
Wow thats some nice items. Thanks for the info. Still hoping to see if there are anymore items that are needed.

SilverStar
2010-04-15, 09:31 AM
cast Energy Immunity twice

I'm pretty sure you can only have a single casting of Energy Immunity in effect at any given time, unless some errata to the spell exists that I've yet to see.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-04-15, 09:46 AM
I'm pretty sure you can only have a single casting of Energy Immunity in effect at any given time, unless some errata to the spell exists that I've yet to see.

The description in Spell Compendium implies nothing of the sort, so long as you select a different energy type for each casting. It only specifies that if you have both Energy Immunity and Protection from Energy active, damage prevented by Energy Immunity will not count toward the discharge limit of Protection from Energy. This is necessary due to how Protection from Energy reacts with the spell Resist Energy.

Hornstien
2010-04-15, 11:37 AM
Personally I would have a Necklace of Natural Weapons from the Savage Species Handbook. There are other really nice things in there for Druids as well.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Necklace of Natural Weapons:
The enhancement bonuses on this necklace are applied to attack and damage rolls involving one or more of the wearer's natural weapons. In addition, any weapon special quality may be applied to this necklace, and the quality then applies to those natural weapons as well. For instance, a +1 throwing returning necklace of natural weapons would apply its enhancement bonus and the throwing and returning special qualities to one or more of the wearer's natural weapons.
Caster Level 3rd; Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Magical Arms and Armor. Market Price: 600gp, plus the cost of the enhancement bonuses, multiplied by the number of natural weapons affected. A +1 necklace of natural weapons that affects only one natural weapon costs 2,600gp; if the same weapon affects six weapons, it costs 15,600gp. Weight:___
__________________________________________________ _______________

Now I really don't know what kind of natural weapons would be able to be throwing and returning, unless you were a manticore or something with a natural projectile attack, so don't ask me. But this is still an awesome weapon for the druid that plans to stay shape changed for most of the fight.

If you pick up Improved unarmed strike it could even make your human natural attacks great.

The best part of this item is that you can enchant it for any number of different natural attacks (ex. tentacles *octopus*, claws, bite, slam, gore *like bison*, tail slap *crocodile*, ect.) and the same bonuses that you have for one of your natural all. No matter what you turn into, you can bet that it will have the enhancement bonuses and special abilities of everything else.

Fitz10019
2010-04-15, 02:20 PM
Also a Rod of Viscid Globs, if only to prank party members, or to make syrup.

blackmage5242
2010-04-15, 07:06 PM
I went for the Amulet of Natural Weapon, then add Necklace of Adaptation into it.

vampire2948
2010-04-15, 07:16 PM
What alignment is your druid going to be?

Also - Buy one of these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101&highlight=Handy+Haversack).

Akkristor
2010-04-15, 07:18 PM
Mantle of the Beast. Wild Shape as swift action, +1 enhancement bonus on attack and damage rolls while shaped
Ring of the Beast. Summon Natures Ally spells become higher level (SNA II becomes III)
Armor of the Beast. 1 extra use of Wild Shape per day

Together they increase your level by 1 for the purposes of Wild shape, works past 20. they are in Complete champion

Skin of Kaletor
Dragon 324 pg 75
Bearskin cloak with Bear head forming hood.
Smells bad, gives -6 on Charisma based checks and Wild Emphathy
Wearer can wild shape as if his/her Druid level was 4 higher.

Also, look at the Planar Shepard prestige class for major Wild Shape sillyness.

Melayl
2010-04-16, 02:52 AM
Personally I would have a Necklace of Natural Weapons from the Savage Species Handbook. Now I really don't know what kind of natural weapons would be able to be throwing and returning, unless you were a manticore or something with a natural projectile attack, so don't ask me. But this is still an awesome weapon for the druid that plans to stay shape changed for most of the fight.

IIRC, I believe there is a feat in Savage Species that lets creatures with regeneration tear off a limb and throw it at targets. That throwing and returning enchantment could be useful for them, at least...

Divide by Zero
2010-04-16, 02:55 AM
I always wanted to play a Warforged with rocket fists.

blackmage5242
2010-04-18, 08:33 PM
So i guess i can take my hydra's head and throw and it will return and i get a total of 3 heads?

Zach J.
2010-04-19, 10:35 AM
I actually just got ahold of 350 gp for my (now) 2nd level druid. I was just going to buy a few scrolls of CLW along with some basic adventuring equipment and save the rest until I'm able to afford a Wand of CLW, but is there anything else I should be thinking about at these low levels?

Godskook
2010-04-19, 10:52 AM
If you're using a belt of battle, buy 4 of them. Nothing says loving like being able to last all day long(Turns out, this applies to RPGs too).