PDA

View Full Version : Wild Shape/Polymorph in Pathfinder

draco_nite
2010-04-15, 01:52 AM
I remember that in 3.5, when you wild shaped, you adopted the physical ability scores of the form that you turned into. It didn't matter if you had 6 Str, you got 30 if you wild shaped into an elephant.

I assumed this is how it works in Pathfinder, but I don't see anything to support that in the core book. (It just says you get size bonuses.) So, have I been doing something horribly wrong?

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-04-15, 01:57 AM
As far as I know, they did indeed change it so you don't get physical scores anymore.

Endarire
2010-04-15, 02:20 AM
Unless an ability states otherwise, Pathfinder form changers don't replace your stats.

draco_nite
2010-04-15, 02:38 AM
As I feared.
There go my days of being able to monk/fighter/wizard/cleric all in one.

Kaiyanwang
2010-04-15, 02:43 AM
As I feared.
There go my days of being able to monk/fighter/wizard/cleric all in one.

That is the point of the nerf.. you should at least invest some of your stats in the role you want to assume.

You have anyway a lot of power and you can do various things anyway. Pathfinder druid remains very powerful.. just not stupidily broken.

BTW, they left there natural spell, if I'm not wrong..:smallsigh:

Starbuck_II
2010-04-15, 10:47 AM
I remember that in 3.5, when you wild shaped, you adopted the physical ability scores of the form that you turned into. It didn't matter if you had 6 Str, you got 30 if you wild shaped into an elephant.

I assumed this is how it works in Pathfinder, but I don't see anything to support that in the core book. (It just says you get size bonuses.) So, have I been doing something horribly wrong?

Nope, you get get Stat bonuses not replacement stats.
So dumping Str = not that strong of an elephant (but still stronger).

Endarire
2010-04-15, 01:55 PM
The stat boosts are minor. We misunderstood things from 3.5 and soon realized a Pathfinder Druid who Wild Shaped into a Dire Tiger only got about +2 STR. It was nowhere the killing machine we expected.