PDA

View Full Version : Starting feats for a warforged

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 09:07 AM
My DM allowed me to combine bloodstorm blade with natural attacks to get a ROCKET PUNCH! We also get three feats at level 1 instead of 1, I know for sure what two of those will be, but now I want to know, from the playgrpund opinion, wich is better from the body options feats, Adamantine or Mithril?

Last Laugh
2010-04-15, 09:46 AM
Adamantine gives
+8 AC (but only +1 dex)
Dr 2/adamantine (this will rock the early levels)
20 ft speed
-5 Armor check penalty (spells usually can negate this)
Mithral gives
+5 AC (up to +5 dex, If you have someone to cast cat's grace this might be more defensive)
30 ft speed
-2 Armor Check penalty

I think it comes down to character style, if you wanted him to be a mobile fighter then give him Mithral Body, if you want him to stand still go with Adamantine

Unless I'm out of my gourd here take the second slam feat, since you can add your natural attacks onto your full attack routine you should be quite fearsome.

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 09:48 AM
Consdering the poor damage that the natural attack does (1d4) the DM allowed me to use it as a weapon attack, but I could check that feat. Wich book is it from?

Critical
2010-04-15, 09:52 AM
Dip Monk, get Versatile Unarmed Strike feat. Then put Vorpal on your unarmed strikes. Now you're awesome.

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 09:55 AM
Dip Monk, get Versatile Unarmed Strike feat. Then put Vorpal on your unarmed strikes. Now you're awesome.

How many Kensai levels would I need?
And can I have your opinion regarding the two body feats?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-04-15, 09:58 AM

I like Adamantine Body better, personally.

As for the Kensai levels? None. Warforged should be able to enhance their natural attacks like magic weapons...if your DM doesn't allow this (or even if he does, as you'll be fighting unarmed), purchase a Battlefist or two and just replace your hands with those.

Last Laugh
2010-04-15, 10:02 AM
Second slam can be found in Races of Eberron

I like adamantine body more as well. The damage reduction and effortless AC gain is nice.

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 10:03 AM
I like Adamantine Body better, personally.

As for the Kensai levels? None. Warforged should be able to enhance their natural attacks like magic weapons...if your DM doesn't allow this (or even if he does, as you'll be fighting unarmed), purchase a Battlefist or two and just replace your hands with those.

I think he would allow me, with all the custom things we have tweaked. I actually have a (Su) that's like Alter Self that let's me change into an animate object with the same shape of an object whose form I had memorized. (I'm going to play a transformer) He gave it to me for free, but I'm going to put an LA +1 to myself, specially since there's a nother player with LA +1 and I dont want him to feel like he is the only one who is not leveling up. We use the LA buyoff rules anyway

Critical
2010-04-15, 10:04 AM
Well, since you are Warforged, you can probably just enchant the fists. If the DM doesn't allow it, it's 5 Kensai levels.
Regarding the body feats - as a Bloodstorm Blade, especially if you're actually considering getting Vorpal, you'll want full-attacks. And, well, since you probably won't have a lot of dexterity... Adamantine wins. Leave the Mithral Body feat for Warforged Scouts.

EDIT: Kinda Ninja'd!

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I could switch my 13 int with my 16 dex. I would get more skill points, pretty much the same reflex save, considering that if I'm not flat footed my int bonus adds to it. And skill points are good specially if I'm going to have two craft skills. Weapon and armor smithing to repair myself and Sculpting to create custom forms for my transformer.

Last Laugh
2010-04-15, 10:13 AM
Consider Jaws of Death as well (RoE) it gives a Warforged character a single bite attack (1d6)
If you can do that with Bloodstorm blade you should go for it, (more attacks are better, bite attacks have every damage type meaning you can get Greater Mighty Wallop and keen edge cast on it...)
I think it is a level 1 only feat.

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 10:14 AM
Consider Jaws of Death as well (RoE) it gives a Warforged character a single bite attack (1d6)
If you can do that with Bloodstorm blade you should go for it, (more attacks are better, bite attacks have every damage type meaning you can get Greater Mighty Wallop and keen edge cast on it...)
I think it is a level 1 only feat.

I dont know, rocket head sounds pretty awesome but I'm not quite sure about it

Critical
2010-04-15, 10:17 AM
I dont know, rocket head sounds pretty awesome but I'm not quite sure about it
Vorpal Rocket Head +1!!!

Do it.

Last Laugh
2010-04-15, 10:23 AM
Vorpal Rocket Head +1!!!

Do it.

Vorpal Explosive Rocket Head!!!

edit: I cut your head off! AND I explode you!!

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 10:27 AM
Vorpal Rocket Head +1!!!

Do it.

The worst is that I just see me tied up by the BBEG:

"Why are you smiling? You have your only weapon nulified by a mere rope! Ha!"
"Because I know something that you dont know"
"And what would that be"
"Explosive ROCKET HEAD!"

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 11:40 AM
I suggest, for a rocket puncher, Mithril Body for the mobility. Then take Cold Iron and Silver Tracery (bypass DR any1?)

and later, I suggest taking Power Attack and lookng online for Falcon Punch. Might be fun to Rocket Falcon Punch some1 into the next country...

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 11:41 AM
I suggest, for a rocket puncher, Mithril Body for the mobility. Then take Cold Iron and Silver Tracery (bypass DR any1?)

and later, I suggest taking Power Attack and lookng online for Falcon Punch. Might be fun to Rocket Falcon Punch some1 into the next country...

And shock trooper, shock trooper is good.

Question here, Bloodstorm allows me to consider a thrown weapons as a melee weapon, so technically I can shock trooper from a 10ft distance?

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 11:46 AM

Question here, Bloodstorm allows me to consider a thrown weapons as a melee weapon, so technically I can shock trooper from a 10ft distance?

yes, so it looks like this

Evil Villain- You are useless! You are unarmed!!!
You- You forgot one thing....
Evil Villain- And what...
You- Vorpal Rocket FALCON.....
Evil Villain- Oh crap....
You- PAWNCH!!!
DM- His head flies off and lands in the lake behind you.

this single punch could stop Chuck Norris's Disintegrating Roundhouse Kick

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 11:49 AM
yes, so it looks like this

Evil Villain- You are useless! You are unarmed!!!
You- You forgot one thing....
Evil Villain- And what...
You- Vorpal Rocket FALCON.....
Evil Villain- Oh crap....
You- PAWNCH!!!
DM- His head flies off and lands in the lake behind you.

this single punch could stop Chuck Norris's Disintegrating Roundhouse Kick

This could only be more cinematic if I smile while the lake blows up.
I need a catch phrase:smalltongue:

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-15, 11:51 AM

Technically speaking, no. At least not from 10 feet.

If you used thunderous throw to be able to charge/shock trooper at range, you'd have to be far enough away from your target that you have to move at least 10 feet before being within throwing range, because 3.5 charging is VERY restrictive on what you can do with it.

You must have a clear path toward the opponent, and nothing can hinder your movement (such as difficult terrain or obstacles). Here’s what it means to have a clear path. First, you must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent.
If your weapon has a 10' range increment, that means you have to be at least 60' away to be able to ranged shock trooper (110 feet if you have Far Shot, more if your weapon has a larger range increment), and either way, you'll be taking a -8 to the attack due to range increments.

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 11:55 AM
If your weapon has a 10' range increment, that means you have to be at least 60' away to be able to ranged shock trooper (110 feet if you have Far Shot, more if your weapon has a larger range increment), and either way, you'll be taking a -8 to the attack due to range increments.

Dammit RAW! Wait, so to do a charge/throw I have to run back?

NEO|Phyte
2010-04-15, 11:56 AM
Dammit RAW! Wait, so to do a charge/throw I have to run back?

Yes. It'll be good for an opener if they start far enough away to be 'in range', aside from that, not the best.

Coplantor
2010-04-15, 12:29 PM
A friend's suggestion: LASER BEAM EYES!

I dont want to multiclass so I'll just go for those eye gratfs that alowed you to throw fireballs