PDA

View Full Version : Indy Games

TheStillWind
2010-04-15, 11:31 AM
What are some good indy video games? I just played the game Dungeons of Fayte and want to get into other interesting games.

shadow_archmagi
2010-04-15, 11:41 AM
When I saw this topic I was really hoping it'd be a list of games with Indiana Jones in them

chiasaur11
2010-04-15, 11:42 AM
When I saw this topic I was really hoping it'd be a list of games with Indiana Jones in them

I was about to make a "Fate of Atlantis" joke.

On topic: World of Goo. Braid. Audiosurf.

Should start you off right.

shadow_archmagi
2010-04-15, 11:45 AM
On Topic: Osmosis is fun stuff too. Very peaceful except when you eat your dog in frustration at it.

Just_Ice
2010-04-15, 01:22 PM
Tasty Static, especially for fans of the old DOS Skyroads game.

Comet
2010-04-15, 01:26 PM
Iji. It might not be the best thing in the cosmos, but it gets pretty darn close.

For various game maker programs, you can't go wrong with the Chzo Mythos series, assembled in the program Adventure Game Studios, or A Blurred Line, made in RPG Maker. Both demonstrate how you can make a mindblowingly awesome masterpiece on a limited platform if your writing and storytelling are in good enough form.

Edit: And of course there's Lugaru and it's upcoming sequel Overgrowth. Ninja rabbit fighting with intuitive context-sensitive input commands? Yes, please!

And Spelunky. Roguelike made into a platformer.
And Cave Story. Metroidvania platforming at it's best.
And yes, I have a folder full of these games. I'll add more in future posts if any particularly brilliant ones come to mind.