PDA

View Full Version : Character Concept Face-Off <3.5>

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 12:50 PM
okay. this dictates this friday's wish-form:

1. Hubris the Vigilant Watcher, a Hellbred Templar (Paly with Full casting and 1 domain) 11/Sovereign Speaker 2, who was reborn from the essence of Helm's death

2. Knight, a Non-Psionic Half-Giant Fighter 5/Dragon Lord 2/Divine Crusader 2/Sovereign Speaker 3, who is the son of a Giant God, hoping to slay his father to take his place

3. Vosh Gro'Marrow the Ancient, a one-eyed Gruumsh-Blooded Grey Orc Cloistered Cleric 5/Sovereign Speaker 8, who only wants to lead the Orc People to a new Golden Age

4. Masque, a Szarkai Beguiler 5/Virtuoso 6/Mindbender 1, who is the damned descendant of Lolth, only wishing to rise above his drow legacies

5. Cedar, a Seelie Court Killoren Swift Druid 7/Prestige Ranger 1/Holt Warden 4, who is the creation of Artemis, who's sole purpose is to defend the Natural world

Plz vote on this

Caliphbubba
2010-04-15, 01:02 PM
This is for the game with re-born Corellen and the rest?

they're all pretty cool, but a few of them look like they'd have a rough time playing nicely with the other party members, racial hatred and all.

If that's not a concern, I like the Orc.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:06 PM
This is for the game with re-born Corellen and the rest?

they're all pretty cool, but a few of them look like they'd have a rough time playing nicely with the other party members, racial hatred and all.

If that's not a concern, I like the Orc.

yes, and i forgot one: the Assassin, who is mask Reborn.

and the DM threatened to kill my PC if I ran an orc due to racial hatred

Caliphbubba
2010-04-15, 01:10 PM
yes, and i forgot one: the Assassin, who is mask Reborn.

and the DM threatened to kill my PC if I ran an orc due to racial hatred

So it sounds like the Orc and the Drow are probably out then. The Killoren Nature Guy seems like what you said you wanted to play, and probably would get along with them better than the Hellbred Templar or Half-Giant.

Ceaon
2010-04-15, 01:11 PM
Ohw, and here I thought someone had made a character concept based on the movie Face-Off.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:12 PM
So it sounds like the Orc and the Drow are probably out then. The Killoren Nature Guy seems like what you said you wanted to play, and probably would get along with them better than the Hellbred Templar or Half-Giant.

The hellbred never removes his Everbright Armor and the Half-Giant wears none

Caliphbubba
2010-04-15, 01:16 PM
The hellbred never removes his Everbright Armor and the Half-Giant wears none

I don't know how that is relevant to how the other party members would react to them. But fair enough.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:17 PM
I don't know how that is relevant to how the other party members would react to them. But fair enough.

Well, the Hellbred looks human due to the silver armor, and the Gladiator-esq half-Giant goads foes

Caliphbubba
2010-04-15, 01:23 PM
Well, the Hellbred looks human due to the silver armor, and the Gladiator-esq half-Giant goads foes

Oh Ok. I thought the Hellbred had more obvious visual clues as to his weirdness.

Still that being said the Killoren seemed to be the one you wanted to play. The melee/blasty/nature dude, so I'd go with that. and He has the added benifit of probably getting along with all the elf-incarnations in the rest of the party.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:27 PM
Oh Ok. I thought the Hellbred had more obvious visual clues as to his weirdness.

Still that being said the Killoren seemed to be the one you wanted to play. The melee/blasty/nature dude, so I'd go with that. and He has the added benifit of probably getting along with all the elf-incarnations in the rest of the party.

minus our Warforged, who believes that Civilization must destroy nature

Caliphbubba
2010-04-15, 01:30 PM
minus our Warforged, who believes that Civilization must destroy nature

So let the warforged be the odd-man out instead of you.

or you know play the assassin guy and let everyone think you agree with everything they think, be everybodies best buddy...all the while ploting your own agenda and playing them off each other. could be fun.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:32 PM
So let the warforged be the odd-man out instead of you.

or you know play the assassin guy and let everyone think you agree with everything they think, be everybodies best buddy...all the while ploting your own agenda and playing them off each other. could be fun.

So something like a Hellbred Warlock descendant of Asmodeus?

Caliphbubba
2010-04-15, 01:34 PM
So something like a Hellbred Warlock descendant of Asmodeus?

That could be pretty cool.

I was just refferancing the one you said you forgot to post "The Assassin".

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:36 PM
That could be pretty cool.

I was just refferancing the one you said you forgot to post "The Assassin".

no, that's one of the other PCs who's a Half-elf

Nodwick22
2010-04-15, 01:37 PM
just an odd question where do you find the stats for the non psionic half giant?

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:38 PM
just an odd question where do you find the stats for the non psionic half giant?

Expanded Psionics. Just remove the Naturally Psionic part, the LA and the PLA ;3

Caliphbubba
2010-04-15, 01:40 PM
no, that's one of the other PCs who's a Half-elf

Sorry man, I'm having trouble remembering all the different dynamics you have going in your party. They're all solid character concepts I think, so play the one you like the most.

or

Play the one that won't cause the most amount of problems in the group, becasue if I recall you were lamenting the fact you had to change your idea to fit in because the DM would kill and/or ban stuff on a whim.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-15, 01:43 PM
Sorry man, I'm having trouble remembering all the different dynamics you have going in your party. They're all solid character concepts I think, so play the one you like the most.

or

Play the one that won't cause the most amount of problems in the group, becasue if I recall you were lamenting the fact you had to change your idea to fit in because the DM would kill and/or ban stuff on a whim.

Excellent point compadre. The Warlock, the Half-Giant, and the Killoren step on the fewest toes (namely, one person's)

The Tygre
2010-04-15, 05:42 PM
Quick question, what's a szaraki?

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-16, 11:13 AM
Quick question, what's a szaraki?

Albino Drow. Think High Elf with red eyes, white hair, and a Drow's attitude

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-16, 12:56 PM
so really, the Warlock who wants to take Asmodeus's power and rule Hell is the least offensive?!