PDA

View Full Version : Need adventure recommendation asap!

JodoKirvanti
2010-04-15, 01:51 PM
Greetings all!

This is my first time on the forums. I tried to post this before but it didn't seem to work.

I am needing help. I am running a D&D 3.5 Gestalt homebrew campaign every Sunday for 4 hours. Due to a loss of data, I do not have any adventures planned for a few weeks and I'd rather not make my group wait until I can recover my data or rewrite new ones. So, I am here to ask of this group for help. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good adventure for 11th-14th level characters? I'm looking for something basic that would involve the group infiltrating (or battling) their way to or through a castle/tower/etc to get to a big bad evil guy/thing. Free is always the best but I'll pay for a guaranteed good adventure that could take a few weeks to allow me time to get everything back on track.

Any ideas? Please help.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-15, 02:19 PM
Matters if Venegence kinda fits (but made for 15th lv)
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20031128a

Frost Giant Jarl's home (10th lv adventure)
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20020329a

JodoKirvanti
2010-04-15, 02:27 PM
Thanks Starbuck II but I play with some pretty seasoned players so I was hoping for something a little less mainstream than what is easily found on the Wizards website. Mainly because they probably have already played them or at least read them. But, thanks for the recommendations. Beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Anyone else have a suggestion?

cssmythe3
2010-04-15, 02:31 PM
http://www.dungeonmastering.com/campaigns-adventures/83-free-dd-adventures

That ought to do the trick.

JodoKirvanti
2010-04-15, 02:44 PM
Nice link. Thank you. Did you have a particular one in mind? Seems like the majority link directly to Wizards archives, which I am trying to avoid. I'll scroll through and check some of them out. I was just curious if you had a particular one in mind when sending that to me.

Any other suggestions? I'm always looking :)

cssmythe3
2010-04-15, 04:07 PM
For a really morally ambiguous one try this:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20030830a

I'm running it right now!

It's set for 10th level, but is has level adjustments for higher level PCs.

Cealocanth
2010-04-15, 09:48 PM
Ok, here's the scenario:

The party recieves a letter by an anonymous woman telling them to come to her house, she has a well paying job for them.

They arrive at the house and find it's ransacked, all that remains is a staff.
That of which is cursed and impells the weilder to lead the party toward a dimentional rift, which is then activated. The ghost of the woman is in the staff, compelling the weilder to find her husband.

The party is sucked into the rift and finds themselves in the dark tunnels of the drow's (or something else's) native dimention.

After much trouble they come upon a necromancers workshop where the husband has been turned into a flesh golem and the party kills the necromancer and his army.

I hope that helps, I know it's not much to work off of.

JodoKirvanti
2010-04-16, 07:21 AM
Thanks Cealocanth but I'm really looking for something already mostly planned out. The game is this Sunday, leaving me very little time to write something in full. I'd really only have time to convert and tweak to make an adventure fit my world.

They already have their lead. The deity of Eternity has given them the task of delivering an artifact to the inner chamber of a castle/palace/tower where a ritual will need to be performed to cause it to destruct. According to the deity, this is the only way to destroy the demigod residing there permanently. In my campaign, this demigod has caused a lot of havoc across the continent and the PC's have a strong desire to want to stop him, no matter the cost.

I basically just need an adventure/module that would require the PC's to make/fight their way to the castle/tower and get inside. Once inside, they'll have to fight their way through monsters (hopefully an assortment) and traps to get to the big bad himself. Everything else, I can tweak myself to fit my campaign. Does anyone know of a good adventure/module out there that would fit this bill? Preferably not an adventure published for free on wizards.com. I'm hoping for a custom free adventure or, if Wizards, one that would require purchase.

Cealocanth
2010-04-17, 09:35 PM
That's ok, I'm not much of a real DM so unfortunately I can't provide a pre-written adventure. Good luck with tomorrow.

oxinabox
2010-04-18, 05:10 AM
Tome of Horrors revisted for 3.5
(http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20051031a)

Now ths logically should be pretty easy for your players - there higher than the expect level (9) and gestat. But Tome of Horrors is ... infamous for it's difficulty.

Its covering the fight your way though a keep stuff you wanted.
though maye require new fluff.and additional monsters.
I suggest suppling the monsters with your own NPC who are in the service of the big bad.
If you really want to throw hell on your PC's though, Seeif you can get you hands on "Tome Of Horrors" by necromancer games - this is a monster manual. (unfortunate coincidence in names)
it has CR 3 rabbits that can Blink as a free action, it has Gravedogs that can't be defeated execpt by deconcecrating the whole grave yard