PDA

View Full Version : On the run from the law...

Zach J.
2010-04-15, 04:14 PM
In the last session of the game I'm currently playing in our party ran afoul of the law. Now we're having to take measures to make sure that we're not immediately arrested again. My elf fighter Calidor has shaved his head and has decided to retrain and Focus on the bastard sword. I was wondering if any of you guys had been in games where something similar has happened. Do you have any tips? We're only second level if that helps...

druid91
2010-04-15, 04:19 PM
Yeah something similar happened to a group I was in once, we took it to the highest authority in Sharn and when he didn't agree we blew up his wall and flew away on the half-dragon, I stayed in the city long enough to buy poison and send a message and then walked out on the lightning rail, the others got on a Lyrandar boat and left. though we were a lot higher level than 2.

As for lower levels find the criminal underworld, they are experienced in this sort of stuff so ask them for help.

Zach J.
2010-04-15, 04:21 PM
Hmm, that's a good idea. We're actually in trouble with the king though. I'm not exactly sure how we managed to escape the city without being caught but I'm pretty sure there was some DM fiat involved. Not that I'm complaining...

I suppose that the criminal underworld could get us out of the country at least. We just couldn't tell the knight about it. It was hard enough getting him to break out of prison with us. ;)

Edit: A guard dog or two might be useful...

druid91
2010-04-15, 04:32 PM
Well we didn't have that problem our whole party was neutral or chaotic, before this anyway after the neutrals were chaotic and the chaotics were chaotic+.

Though one thing is for sure they would probably want something in return for their help.

We're actually in trouble with the king though.

Even better, find something the king wants and get it, barter it for a pardon.

Zach J.
2010-04-15, 04:34 PM
Even better, find something the king wants and get it, barter it for a pardon.

I like the way you think.

druid91
2010-04-15, 04:50 PM
thing is this is almost the exact same plan we came up with, only I took out the "vandalize the kings palace" part. Playing a chaotic campaign teaches you things about running from authority figures and getting them, and their bounty hunters, to leave you alone.

Zach J.
2010-04-15, 06:53 PM
thing is this is almost the exact same plan we came up with, only I took out the "vandalize the kings palace" part. Playing a chaotic campaign teaches you things about running from authority figures and getting them, and their bounty hunters, to leave you alone.

I've actually been thinking about our problem and although I don't know it in game, our party's swashbuckler may be planning on returning to the castle we escaped from and trying to steal back the rogue's necklace. I just don't know what to do about this. It seems incredibly stupid...

Zach J.
2010-04-15, 07:05 PM
Hmm, I guess we're not in too much trouble. It turns out my DM isn't very familiar with Scrying spells or willing to use them. ;)

Munchkin-Masher
2010-04-16, 01:55 AM
Well my old Cleric of Nerull once ran afoul of the law when he got pissed and decide to sacrifice a halfling that had wrong him in a rather elaborate fashion.

I got out of it by BRIBING F***ING EVERYONE!!!