PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] duotheistic cleric?

Froogleyboy
2010-04-15, 08:35 PM
okay, we have the regular monotheistic cleric, and the pantheistic cleric (Goliath), but are there any rules against a duotheistic cleric?If not, think of the possibilities

DementedFellow
2010-04-15, 08:41 PM
Eberron addresses this. Most of the "good" gods in the pantheon are aspects of the Sovereign Host. So it was entirely possible through a specific PrC to gain access to most of the domains of the Sovereign Host.

Depends on how you spin it.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-04-15, 08:44 PM
I believe in a generic setting that sort of worship would be up to your DM. A CG gnome cleric who dually worshiped Garl Glittergold and Pelor (burning hate shenanigans aside) seems fine by me, though the DM is well within his rights to create a special portfolio/restricted domain set with such dual worship. I also think the gods themselves have to be within one alignment step of each other, so no going LN and worshiping Heironeous and Hextor. That just won't work out.

Godskook
2010-04-15, 08:46 PM
Most halflings, by RAW, explicitly worship two deities. This doesn't have any associated benefits to it, but its still there.

Private-Prinny
2010-04-15, 08:53 PM
I don't see any problem with worshiping 2 deities as fluff as long as your domains only come from one.

Froogleyboy
2010-04-15, 09:00 PM
maybe one could only use deities that have domains in common

dextercorvia
2010-04-15, 09:23 PM
Why is everyone worried about domains? His character can worship a concept or ideal, and he can cherry pick from the entire list. I don't see a problem with granting access to the domains of two gods.

Sydonai
2010-04-15, 09:28 PM
A pair of twin gods maybe.

Fayd
2010-04-15, 09:31 PM
The paladin in my campaign is duotheistic. Of course, the deities in question are married, so... It works out. That and the deities don't really matter mechanically in the system we're using (of the DM's creation, and still a work in progress)

Coidzor
2010-04-15, 09:40 PM
Why is everyone worried about domains? His character can worship a concept or ideal, and he can cherry pick from the entire list. I don't see a problem with granting access to the domains of two gods.

I'm thinking the only problem would be if it's a domain that's in opposition to the other god, though if that's the case it'd be more about the differences in alignment not allowing the combo to work anyway.

Yuki Akuma
2010-04-15, 09:47 PM
Worship an ideal and take domains from both deities.

I once had a Coure Cleric who worshiped Chaav and Lastai. She had the Joy and Pleasure domains.

OracleofWuffing
2010-04-15, 09:50 PM
You can be a Cleric of Tiamat, right?

There you go, Pentathiestic cleric.

Yes I'm aware Tiamat does not work that way but let's roll with it.