PDA

View Full Version : New Player Training Ground; The B-Team

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-16, 09:51 AM
After leaving the guildhall, your party moves quickly towards the cliffs in an attempt to stop the monsters preying on local travelers. Soon, you find yourselves on a forested path and nearing the cliff.

DC 14 Spot check:
You discover a thin, nearly invisible strand stretching across the road in front of you.

DC 20 Spot Check:
The strand weaves up into a tree, where it is loosely connected to what seems to be a net hanging hidden in the tree.

Zolkabro
2010-04-16, 10:01 AM
Stop! Kroson says, holding his hand up to his comrades. There is a tripwire, probably leading to some sort of trap. Any ideas, Silas?

MCerberus
2010-04-16, 10:33 AM
Silas

Moving over to the wire, Silas takes a look around the area trying to figure out what it's hooked up with. Pulling out a small cutting device from his pouch, he takes a moment to size up the wire itself before marking some ground in front of it. Still searching, or using his magic fingers to disable anything he finds, Silas comments in a hushed tone.

"Usually these are hooked to an alarm or something to crush you. It may also just be a trip, and there are scouts around. Either way..."

Silas makes a mouth shape with his hands and makes a gesture closing it.

OOC Rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zolkabro
2010-04-16, 10:50 AM
Kroson stepped over the wire, and whispered Whoever set up this trap must still be nearby. Everybody, scan the forest. Maybe we will catch them unawares. Of course, they might have just seen us detect the trap, and scarpered, but I hope not.

Spot:
[roll0]

Brangaene
2010-04-16, 01:25 PM
Tryphana watches intently as Silas attempts to disable the tripwire, interested in the way he uses what she thinks to be magic. Curiously, she makes a mental note to remember to ask him about that when they have some down time.

With Kroson's words putting her on alert, she takes a look around for anything that could be of help to the group.

Spot
[roll0]+4 (13)

What's the code for rolling a die and adding the bonus all in one shot? :smallconfused:

Zolkabro
2010-04-16, 02:39 PM
I think I just heard some rustling in the bushes... Kroson said, cocking his head. It was probably nothing, but we should keep our ears open as well as our eyes peeled all the same.

Listen check:
[roll0]

Lumina
2010-04-16, 02:52 PM
Jane:

After a moments hesitation at taking orders from the psion; jane complies.

She stands still; opening her senses to the world around her taking careful care to not miss a thing.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Brangaene
2010-04-16, 07:03 PM
Listen Check if needed (trying this again)

[roll0] +4 (6) I *really* need a new die roller formula...

Zolkabro
2010-04-17, 11:32 AM
((@Tryphana: To add the bonus and the die roll in one code, you do the following without the spaces:
[ r o l l v ] 1 d 2 0 + 6 [ / r o l l v ]))

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-18, 03:29 PM
Silas moves carefully towards the tripwire, making sure not to disturb it as he approaches. Upon safely finding it, Silas moves quickly to disable the trap. As Silas goes about his work, a rest of the team takes a look around.

Spot Check DC 15:
In the bushes up ahead, about 20 ft, you see a glint of steel in one of the bushes.

Spot Check DC 20:
In the gleaming bush, there seems to be a small reptilian creature holding a crossbow aimed at Silas.

Listen Check DC 17:
In the bushes around the road, a slight rustling and growling can be heard.

And, Initiatives, please.
Monster initiative:
[roll0]

Lumina
2010-04-18, 04:13 PM
"We got company!"

Jane's Initiative:[roll0]

MCerberus
2010-04-18, 05:06 PM
Silas

Silas tries to keep the line taut as he begins to tie it up so that it will never "trip". Nearly finished, Jane's alarm almost makes him lose his concentration and slip up, but he ties the rope off and scans the treeline for signs of danger. Never too cautious, Silas draws his bow and knocks an arrow, waiting for whatever comes.

OOC: Rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zolkabro
2010-04-19, 01:03 AM
There is something inside that bush. I say we just burn it and investigate afterwards.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Brangaene
2010-04-20, 11:04 AM
Tryphana jumps when she hears her companion's warning, and tries to focus on what he actually said...

We do not yet know that whatever is in the bushes deserves Death...

Init:
[roll0]

Zolkabro
2010-04-21, 12:58 AM
Kroson sighs in disappointment at not being able to set something on fire. Very well, but it is likely that it is a goblin in that bush.
Instead, I shall use my telekinetic powers lift whatever it is holding out of the bush, thereby disarming it. If anyone can see what it is holding, please say.
((Am I allowed to use the power "Control Object" when I am not sure what the object is? If I am not could someone who scored a higher roll on their spot check tell me if they know what it is?))

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-21, 07:16 AM
Zolkabro:
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure Control Object works on nonliving material. The description mentios specifically plants being invalid targets

Enemy Initiative:
[roll0]

Zolkabro
2010-04-21, 10:14 AM
Zolkabro:
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure Control Object works on nonliving material. The description mentios specifically plants being invalid targets

Enemy Initiative:
[roll0]

((I know that, what I mean is I am assuming that whatever is in the bush has a weapon, but I want to know if I can control that weapon without knowing what it is?))

Brangaene
2010-04-23, 08:04 AM
((Umm.. I think we're waiting on you, Kira... not sure if we should start posting actions or what.))

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-23, 10:32 PM
((You guys easily won initiative, so it's your moves first.) The bushes are about 25 ft away from where your party is standing.))

MCerberus
2010-04-23, 11:07 PM
Silas

Glaring at what he can only assume is the first of many dead kobolds, Silas catches the glint that means it's looking back. He adjusts his aim to hit the thing between its eyes and lets fly.

"Enough talk, look for more!"

OOC: Rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
Assuming it doesn't have cover and is still flat footed: [roll2]

Lumina
2010-04-24, 09:45 AM
Jane Peasant

Jane takes Sila's Initiative to start defending ones self and dives into the bushes, taking out her sai from her belt as she does so; raring to take down some enemies.

If she Finds a melee ARMED enemy; She Disarms them with her sai.
Disarm Check: Opposed Attack: [roll0]
(+4 if I'm larger than them, +4 to them if it's a two handed weapon for them, Failure = free disarm attempt on me)

If she finds a Weaponless or ranged armed enemy; she flurry of blows.
Flurry of Blows: Attack 1: [roll1] DMG:[roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3] DMG: [roll4]

Zolkabro
2010-04-24, 11:23 AM
Ha! That'll show him!Kroson says, punching the air.
Slowly, he edges towards the forest, ready to fight at the slightest provocation. He breathes deeply, and begins to look for more goblins, being careful not to miss a thing. He searches for footprints and clawmarks as well.

Search: [roll2]

Brangaene
2010-04-26, 09:54 AM
Tryphana grasps at the Holy Symbol of Wee Jas that hangs from her neck and calls out to her Goddess.

Ruby Sorceress, I beg of you - guide our spells and weaponry in your name!

Bless is cast upon the party. I believe that's a +1 to attack rolls? I don't have my phb nearby.. =/

Brangaene
2010-04-29, 07:51 AM
((just trying to bump the thread up the list a bit :smallwink:))

Kira_the_5th
2010-04-30, 04:02 PM
Silas' bolt strikes the enemy in the bushes, and a dead kobold drops in front, an arrow right between his eyes. Jane rushes forward, knocking another kobold, wielding a crossbow, out of the bushes with a solid punch. The kobold is badly injured, but still standing. He takes a 5 foot step back, to get out of Jane's reach, and fires his crossbow. Meanwhile, another bolt fires out of the third bush towards Silas.

Rolls:
Kobold 1 Attack: (Jane): [roll0]
Kobold 2 Attack: (Silas): [roll1]

Lumina
2010-05-01, 12:57 AM
Jane Peasant

She wonders at the poor skill of the silly monster as it's attack misses; then moves in for the kill!

Flurry of Blows:

Attack 1: [roll0] DMG: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2] DMG: [roll3]

Zolkabro
2010-05-02, 12:28 AM
((Oops. I thought that there was only one kobold, and that it was dead already.))

Kroson breathes in deeply, and closes his eyes in concentration. He violently thrusts his palm towrds the goblin, sending a bolt of energy into the creatures brain.
I hate vermin He says.

Kroson casts Mind Thrust. Damage: [roll0]. Minus 1 power point

MCerberus
2010-05-03, 03:06 PM
Silas

Recoiling back in pain from the bolt lodged into him, it takes a split second before Silas is able to strike back. "Third one, in the bushes," he cries as he reaches for another arrow and lets fly at his attacker.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Confirmation roll: 22
total damage if crit: 13

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-03, 08:16 PM
((Wow, these kobolds got hit hard this round. Full damage, a crit, enough mind thrust to take one down, Nice rolling.))

Jane runs in and delivers a brutal punch to the already injured kobold, lifting it off the ground with the force of the attack. The kobold lands a few feet away in a crumpled heap, twitching slightly on the ground. Silas' bolt also strikes true, delivering an almost head explodingly large amount of damage to the last standing kobold, just as Kroson's mind blast hit, easily downing the last of the threat. There do not seem to be any more kobolds in the area.

Zolkabro
2010-05-04, 10:50 AM
Ha! That'll show him!Kroson says, punching the air.
Slowly, he edges deeper into the forest, ready to fight at the slightest provocation. He breathes deeply, and begins to look for more goblins, being careful not to miss a thing. He searches for footprints and clawmarks as well.

((Please insert this post I made earlier, when I mistakenly thought that we had killed all of them, here.))

MCerberus
2010-05-05, 11:46 PM
Silas

A little woozy from the inconvenient blood loss and the falling adrenaline, Silas stows his bow and takes a seat on a convenient place. After a bit of recovery, he goes to search the bodies for anything worth gold or intelligence.

"Try to find something that could give us a clue about how many there are."

Lumina
2010-05-06, 01:57 AM
Jane looks over their weapons; seeing if there is anything worth salvaging for use later.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-06, 09:30 AM
Jane, please make a Search check for the weapons/equipment

Lumina
2010-05-06, 03:50 PM
Jane
Search: [roll0]

Jane whistles a light tune as she digs and searches through a 'bold belongings

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-10, 09:16 PM
Lumina:
Searching through the 'bolds' belongings, Jane finds a pair of cheap crossbows, along with a total of 20 bolts and 3 small sword swords.You also find some kobold tracks moving southwards towards the waterfall.

Lumina
2010-05-10, 11:11 PM
"Well' Their tracks appear to go south.., Not a bad haul of weapons of them either" to which she points to the 2 cheap crossbows, 3 small short swords and quiver of 20 bolts

Zolkabro
2010-05-11, 12:16 AM
Let's be off then!
Moving south, Kroson follows the tracks, keeping an eye out for kobolds in the trees all the way.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Lumina
2010-05-12, 03:30 AM
Jane:

*I wonder when we decided him leader....* she thinks to herself as she wanders along after him; not overly worried about any of the weapons left behind.

Zolkabro
2010-05-12, 11:38 AM
You left them behind? Why? Even if they are too bad quality to be of any use, we could sell them at the city!

MCerberus
2010-05-12, 11:53 AM
Silas

Not wanting to get involved on the discussion of low-quality loot (the leader would have better stuff. The one in charge always does), Silas moves along with the ground silently, sneaking to the side while scanning the trees. He actively attempts to cover up the sounds of his movement as the concentration needed helps distract from the bolt he recently was hit with.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-12, 05:48 PM
Jane:
You hear a hollow sound coming from behind the waterfall, but no one seems to see anything else.

Lumina
2010-05-13, 02:59 AM
Jane:
"Hm. There seems to be something odd here" She says as she heads towards the waterfall nearby, Looking if she can get behind without swimming.

Lumina
2010-05-14, 02:05 AM
Listen:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]

or

Search:[roll2]

Which ever one fits best

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-14, 08:06 AM
Jane:
Jane hears an echoing sound from behind the waterfall, and sees thst there seems to be a dark spot behind the wall of water pouring down. The waterfall is about 10 ft away from solid ground.

Zolkabro
2010-05-14, 09:49 AM
Kroson groans.
Will we have to swim? he asks. I hate swimming.

He is just about to jump in when suddenly he stops.
I doubt kobolds would take the risk of swimming to whatever you see there, Jane. He says. There must be another way round. We have to find it.

[spoiler]Spot: [roll0]

Lumina
2010-05-14, 04:41 PM
"Oh your a stick in the mud. When was the last time you took a bath anyways?" Jane says as she jumps into the water feet first and then proceeds to swim towards the waterfall oddity.

swim: [roll0]

Zolkabro
2010-05-15, 09:42 AM
Very well. Kroson sighs. But if any of us drown, I'm blaming you.

He slowly gets in, and starts swimming after Jane.
Swim: [roll0]

((What's the DC?))

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-15, 10:10 AM
((Swim DC's are flat, reasonably low, and I'm pretty sure in the SRD. The hardest it tends to get is a DC 25, and that's like awimming in the ocean during a storm. The real challenge with swimming is the fact that armor wrecks your ability to do it, and since the team is currently a monk and a psion, who have no armor, swimming isn't too much of an issue. Also, i where is everyone else? Is it down to you two? Anyway...))

Jane and Kroson swim across the fairly calm a=water to the edge of the waterfall. Behind the waterfall is a cave stretching back into the mountains. About 50 ft in, you can see a faint light, but you cannot make out exactly what it is.

Zolkabro
2010-05-15, 11:03 AM
How do we get in there? Kroson asks. I don't know about you, but I don't think swimming through a waterfall is going to work. he says sarcastically.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-15, 11:49 AM
((Uhh, you're already behind the waterfall. That's how you can see the cavern.))

Zolkabro
2010-05-15, 12:09 PM
((Oh. Oops. Okay, ignore that last post. I though we were looking from the other side of the waterfall.))

Hmmmm... I wonder where we are. Let's have a look around.

Lumina
2010-05-15, 07:09 PM
"hmm, No chance you can make us some kind' light there eh?"

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Search:[roll2]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-15, 07:37 PM
Jane:
With your sharp vision, you can see the light 50 ft down the hallway is a torch hanging from a wall in a metal holder. You can see that the pathway turns about 10 ft after that.

Zolkabro
2010-05-16, 06:59 AM
I do indeed have a power that could light this cave up, but I can only use one more power today, and unless it is absolutely impossible for us to get along without it, I would rather save my power for an emergency.

Lumina
2010-05-17, 05:20 AM
"no" "No woulda been ok."

"That light seems to be a torch; up for some exploring?"

Zolkabro
2010-05-17, 11:01 AM
Always! Kroson replied, grinning.

He starts to go down the corridor at a brisk pace, keeping an eye out for any clues as to who has been using this place, and what for.

MCerberus
2010-05-17, 11:36 AM
Silas

Following the group as they make their way into the waterfall, Silas keeps alert and his bow drawn. This place seems like a potential trap... Plus the water is something that moves. Moving things by a cave are bad luck.

In a hushed tone he comments to the other, "There's going to be more traps if there's Kobolds. Keep it down."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zolkabro
2010-05-18, 11:38 AM
Good point, Silas. Kroson whispers. I like to meet kobolds when I am ready to massacre them, but I would hate to meet them while stuck in a trap.

Move Silently: [roll0]

Lumina
2010-05-20, 03:18 AM
jane whispers "Fai'r nuff"

Move Silently[roll2]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-20, 09:35 AM
About half way down the darkened corridor, the floor underneath Jane gives way. (Make a DC 12 reflex save to avoid falling in.)

Zolkabro
2010-05-20, 11:54 AM
:eek:
JANE! Kroson yells, running towards her, all thoughts of being quiet and careful forgotten.
He gets a tightly coiled rope out of his bag, and gets ready to throw it down to Jane in case she falls in.

Lumina
2010-05-21, 05:40 AM
Reflex: [roll0]

Jane Plummets into the hole; Hoping she doesn't die painfully.

Zolkabro
2010-05-21, 10:34 AM
When he sees Jane fall in, he runs even faster, and throws the rope down to her.

Use Rope: [roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-21, 01:27 PM
Jane falls10 ft down into the pit, taking [roll0] damage. Kroson is there immediately with a rope to help her out. (P.S: Zolkabro, you don't need to roll Use Rope to hand a rope down to someone. You just need it for tying knots and tying people up.)

Zolkabro
2010-05-22, 07:08 AM
((Pity. That was a pretty good roll. Does Jane need to roll a climb check to get up the rope, or can we continue?))

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-22, 09:26 AM
((The DC to climb up a wall with the help of a rope is really low, and you're not currently in any rush, so Jane could just take 10 on the roll and get up on her own.))

Lumina
2010-05-23, 01:12 AM
((unless said hole is big enough for a tumble, but if so, see spoiler))
Tumble: [roll0]

Jane grumbles heartily about smashing her head and a few other limbs hard against the bottom of the cave, she takes a moment to regain her wits about her before noticing the rope lowered near her and attempts to climb up it; going slowly as being still a little woozy. (take 10)

Zolkabro
2010-05-24, 10:16 AM
As he sees Jane's head emerge from the pit, Kroson sighs with relief.
Are you okay to continue, or should we rest here? He asks her tentatively.

Lumina
2010-05-24, 06:34 PM
Jane sharply; but a bit outta breath, says "Oh I'm fine; Animals on the farm have hit me harder and I've lived.." and she mumbles afterward; "Usually don't have to climb back up though after wards..oi.."

She gestures to kroson to lead on as she follows very closely; moving back to her front position after about 5 minutes.

MCerberus
2010-05-24, 08:04 PM
Silas

Shrugging off the encounter with the pit trap, Silas goes towards the front while the others recuperate from the shock. Not being one to err on the side of negligence, he goes step by step looking out for hidden traps and ambushes, sliding his feet as to detect any suspicious workings on the floor.

Going on active search here. Still moving silently.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-24, 08:07 PM
((Oh good, the rogue returns just in time for the bulk of the traps!))

Silas:
Going down the hall, you find another pit trap, concealed in the floor, as well as a tripwire at the end of the hall.

MCerberus
2010-05-24, 08:53 PM
Silas

Silas keeps silent when he discovers the traps. He motions to the others in the dim light before reaching into a pack for his chalk. Outlining enough of the trap to hopefully avoid any fall-ins, he hopes to avoid getting himself caught unable to have the others fight at full strength. He then points towards the trip wire and motions at his shins while walking over. He finally draws attention to his eyes before disarming the wire hoping that someone will find any danger before it befalls him.

[roll0]
Not disarming the pit due to currently having a 100% chance so far of having angry kobolds aim bolts at me while disabling.

Zolkabro
2010-05-25, 11:45 AM
Damn it, any more of these traps and we'll be sitting ducks for the kobolds. We have to do something! Kroson growls. Perhaps we should harness eachother together with my rope, but that would make fighting difficult. I suppose we should just walk close together in single file and keep our eyes peeled. Unless someone else has a better idea, that seems to be our only option.

Kroson moves over to where the others are standing, annoyed at being slowed down so much. He is impatient to deal with these kobolds before they cause any more trouble. He is determined not to let anyone else get hurt, even though he knows this probably won't be possible.

Kira_the_5th
2010-05-30, 09:13 PM
Silas successfully disarms the trap, though the pit is still covered.

Just beyond the edge of the hallway, where the tripwire was found, the path branches in two directions. To the left, 30 ft. down, is a door. The tripwire ran along the side of the wall in this direction, and up into a plate on the ceiling. The other way leads only into a pit, full of sharp spikes at the bottom.

Zolkabro
2010-05-31, 11:14 AM
I expect we'll find some blood to spill on the other side of that door to the left! Ready your weapons. Time to show those reptilian bastards what we think of them! Kroson growls. He calms himself, and clears his mind, ready to use his mental power, and he readies his quaterstaff. Kroson looks around to make sure everyone is ready, and, slowly and carefully, he opens the door and peers inside.

Zolkabro
2010-06-03, 02:05 AM
Kroson is about to throw open the door, when he realises the noise that would make, and he opens it as slowly and quietly as he can.

Move Silently: [roll0]

(If necessary) Open Lock: [roll1]

Zolkabro
2010-06-09, 12:15 AM
((Bump. Where is everyone?))

Kira_the_5th
2010-06-09, 09:49 AM
I don't know, but my PC's crashing out again, I'm typing this from my phone, and waiting to see if anyone else responds before you get yourself killed by kobolds.

Zolkabro
2010-06-09, 10:00 AM
((Wait, so it is a trap? I only have one power point left!))

Zolkabro
2010-06-17, 11:52 AM
((Bump. What the hell is going on? Where is everyone?))

Zolkabro
2010-06-28, 10:44 AM
((If nobody wants to play this setting anymore then say, but don't leave me hanging here.))