PDA

View Full Version : [3.5, Psionics] How to Thieving Mindlink across planes?

Analytica
2010-04-16, 03:40 PM
So I had this idea of building a psionic cleric-like type who would commune with her deity/ancient master/bodhisattva/dead psionic genius, which would be some creature sitting in meditation in a demiplane somewhere. She would request its guidance by manifesting Thieving Mindlink on it, then gain one of its powers known for a while. The question is: how can someone manifest that power at a planar distance?

A psicrystal can be the power originator for a psion of 15th or so level, but that is limited to a range of a mile or so. Remote Viewing allows powers to be used at a distance, but probably not across planes, and has an XP cost. What I would like is some way to manifest the power on this specific (and willing) target, wherever it happens to be.

Can this be done?

crizh
2010-05-04, 12:36 PM
I know this is a bit late, but...

Remote Viewing will work fine.

If you have an item, or even a static portal, that opens into the Demiplane in question you can use Transdimensional Power to target your Mindlink.

I might even go so far as to make a continuous item of [Transdimensional] Mindlink (Thieving). You ought to be able to get a fairly substantial discount for only targeting a single unique being.

Optimystik
2010-05-04, 01:05 PM
If you have Hyperconscious, a single PrC will nail this concept dead-on - the Colorless Adept, which is a psionic version of the Mage of the Arcane Order. It lets you tap into the collective subconscious of psions across the planet and borrow powers you don't know, just like a MotAO lets you borrow spells from the Spellpool.