PDA

View Full Version : weird PF question

oxybe
2010-04-16, 04:34 PM
i've heard that using a spell that does thunder or cold, you can opt to have it deal subdual damage rather then physical damage.

is this an actual rule, or something my buddy dreamed up? if it's a real rule, awesome. if not, well, i guess i'll have to keep killing and hiding the corpses rather then subduing which i would have preferred.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-16, 04:56 PM
i've heard that using a spell that does thunder or cold, you can opt to have it deal subdual damage rather then physical damage.

is this an actual rule, or something my buddy dreamed up? if it's a real rule, awesome. if not, well, i guess i'll have to keep killing and hiding the corpses rather then subduing which i would have preferred.

Probably an obscure feat.
4E has it as a rule for every attack. Maybe you missed up editions when discussing rules with someone?

oxybe
2010-04-16, 06:47 PM
well seeing as how it was my buddy who mentioned it to us as he was using shocking grasp on a goblin we wanted very much dead. i would prefer to kill the least amount of people as possible. we're lucky to be low level and dropping someone from full to -con in 1-2 blows is still kind hard but in a few levels...

ryzouken
2010-04-16, 10:03 PM
assuming you're using 3.5 content, a metamagic feat exists that will allow you to deal nonlethal damage. As it stands, there is no pathfinder only feat currently in existence to my knowledge that does the same thing.

oxybe
2010-04-17, 05:35 PM
it's a core PF only game, so no material other then the PF main book and the GM handouts. i tried looking through the SRD & the main book, as well as a google search, but to no avail.

i guess my roommate might have seen something using that 3rd ed feat and thought it was core PF. eh, it happens. would've been nice, but i'll have to find an alternative then.

thanks for the feedback!