PDA

View Full Version : child of winter

Geiger Counter
2010-04-16, 06:58 PM
I was wondering if the children of winter feats should be condensed into one feat, or no feats at all and vermin should simply be character options to all druids.

Salt_Crow
2010-04-16, 07:22 PM
For everyone's information, OP's talking about a druidic sect (tradition) in Eberron.

I always considered CoW feats somewhat underwhelming, given the fact (correct me if I'm wrong) that vermins tend to me much weaker than animals of the similar HD range. So I'd say it wouldn't be so unbalancing to condense those few feats into a single feat.

As to making vermins default options for all druids, I'm against it since vermins (not the actual tiny little insects) are not part of the natural order of the setting (created by Daelkyr, iirc). It's what makes the Children of Winter unique from other sects (they have Verminlords from BoVD in their ranks) and I believe it should stay that way.

Amphetryon
2010-04-16, 07:47 PM
As a general rule, druids don't need more cookies. Child of Winter is a sect with great flavor; druids, more than any other core class, can afford to pay a little bit for cool flavor.

Geiger Counter
2010-04-16, 10:07 PM
As to making vermins default options for all druids, I'm against it since vermins (not the actual tiny little insects) are not part of the natural order of the setting (created by Daelkyr, iirc).

what book is that from?