PDA

View Full Version : Blindsight

Saint GoH
2010-04-16, 07:53 PM
So I'm DM'ing a game where I live in a few weeks and I want the PC's guide (the NPC that always seems to be there should they just get terribly lost or confused) to be a blind (but still able to see somehow?) sorceress/seer like Theresa the Seer from Fable.

Any help on how I legitimately do that? Templates, classes, PrC's all open. Id rather not just say "Well she has blindsight so there."

Jack_Simth
2010-04-16, 08:00 PM
Well, you need to have eight levels of Druid (for Large Wildshape), but {Scrubbed. Don't link there please.}

Saint GoH
2010-04-16, 08:04 PM
I actually found a post by Person_Man that has a pretty complete list on it :smallbiggrin:

I guess at first my google fu was bad but I got it locked down. Thanks anyway!

JaronK
2010-04-16, 08:08 PM
Easy method, gain telepathy (such as via a one level dip into Mindbender, or via the Telepath) and then take Mindsight, granting a powerful sense for long range. Then wear a Blindfold of True Darkness for close range Blindsight. Consider also taking the Blind flaw from the online D&D wiki.

JaronK

Alvrick
2010-04-16, 08:14 PM
check the DMG 2. take prophet as well as doomwatcher and bam. you have it. the first lets you see the future, the second let's you simply see

Cealocanth
2010-04-16, 09:18 PM
How hardcore are you playing this game? Is it to the letter of the rules, or do you change things to your liking, (Like Rich does in OOTS.)

If it is the latter, you can say that the NPC can feel vibrations in the earth by tapping his staff/stick/etc. on the ground on objects. S/he could be an elemental caster and be able to see through the way the air moves around objects. S/he could be a dark caster or seer and be able to sense the perscanse of objects by the way they clinch into the dimentional fabric around them. By using all/any/none of these, you can treat them as if they had eyes.

PS. Ooooo! S/he is an elf, and their super sensitivity to the arcane nexus around them allows them to see.

Beelzebub1111
2010-04-16, 10:51 PM
I think there's a helm in the MIC that gives blindsight...

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-17, 12:26 AM
Monster of legacy + major intelligent legacy = blindsense 120', darkvision 120, no need for eyes.

Nero24200
2010-04-17, 09:57 AM
Want to play a blind seer?

I would advise a Psion with the Seer Discipline, then take the power Syneshete. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/synesthete.htm)

TheMadLinguist
2010-04-17, 09:18 PM
Also, now that I recall, the seelie fey and unseelie fey templates can remove normal vision and substitute tremorvision...

"The earth itself tells me where you are, child."

Sinfire Titan
2010-04-17, 10:00 PM
Want to play a blind seer?

I would advise a Psion with the Seer Discipline, then take the power Syneshete. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/synesthete.htm)

You don't even need levels in Psion, just take Hidden Talent and buy 50 +1 Manifester Sling Bullets. The power has a duration of 1 minute/level, so 5.76 batches can fuel you all day long. That's about 20K, but you'll only need one batch to get through the standard day. The 20K is only if you need it every minute each day.

Since you are the DM, you can have the NPC take Practiced Manifester to reduce that number considerably (it makes the duration 5 minutes/pp instead of 1).

QuantumSteve
2010-04-18, 12:37 PM
The 2nd level Wizard spell Darkvision is not dependent on ability to see and is not spoiled by light.