PDA

View Full Version : How to build an Incarnium Dragoon?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-16, 10:08 PM
Earlier today while I was browsing over BG handbook forum I came with Endaire's dragoon handbook, and i fell in love with the idea of the dragoon.

Now I want to try one :smalltongue: but with a light twist....INCARNUIM

So can the playground help me?

ECL 10
28 point buy with stats starting at 10 (11-16 costing 1 point per increase, 16-17 2 points & 18 3 points, no stat over 18 before racial mods)
I got access to most books so no problem.
And Forgotten Realms Campaing Setting

Thanks in advance

Glimbur
2010-04-17, 10:12 AM
Stay away from Soulborn, it's... uninspiring.

Instead, Incarnate 4/Full BAB 6 would get you where you're going. That's enough Incarnum to get the Airstep Sandals rocking, which will give you a 40' Perfect Fly speed that you can only use once/round and you fall after using. Normally that's annoying, but for a dragoon it's great because you can fall on people.

Alternately, Totemist 4/Full BAB 6 would let you use the Pegasus Cloak to sort of fly instead. This gains you a point of BAB and costs you some maneuverability.

See if you can get Battle Jump from Unapproachable East to be allowed to work with this so you can charge via jumping on them. You're falling, not jumping here, but it might be allowed. Then pick up Spirit Lion Totem barbarian from Complete Champion so you can charge on a pounce.

As for other soulmelds... I'm sure there's a guide around here somewhere. That should get you started.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-04-17, 10:19 AM
Hmmm so azurin neutral good incarnate 4/Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian 1/Warblade 5?

Thanks

Eloel
2010-04-17, 01:59 PM
I misread the title as Incarnum Dragon. Needless to say, the idea came as very interesting (doing something similar to what Gem Dragons did)

Meh, I have nothing to add here...

Sinfire Titan
2010-04-17, 03:41 PM
I misread the title as Incarnum Dragon. Needless to say, the idea came as very interesting (doing something similar to what Gem Dragons did)

Meh, I have nothing to add here...

Unfortunately, the actual Incarnum Dragon isn't as powerful as a normal Chromatic or Metallic (the lack of spells). As a PC, that hardly matters as most Dragons don't get Spellcasting during the 1-20 level range (the exceptions being Mithral and Steel, both of which are setting specific).