PDA

View Full Version : Shadow's Misc Thoughts

shadow_archmagi
2010-04-17, 10:21 AM
1. Could you put a Bead of Fireball in a Sling of Brilliant Energy, and then fling the Bead through any barriers so that it breaks against their skin, meaning that the poor target enemy has a Fireball detonating inside their clothes (negating reflex?)

2. Could you make a batman-style suit of Power Armor, with hundreds of difference enchantments? (IE: Flight, Color Spray, Etc) If I recall correctly, the rule is "Multiply the lowest cost by 1.5" so it'd be no more expensive than having dozens of different trinkets.

3. Could you have an Arrow of Dispel Magic, so that when it hit it cast Dispel Magic, and then put Explosive Runes on the arrow, so that on impact it tries to dispel them (thus triggering them), resulting in a nice exploding arrow?

4. I actually mentioned this in another thread but I was watching children's TV and I saw a show where garden gnomes on flying saucers were in a war with pink flamingo lawn ornaments wearing monocles over the only water supply in the entire desert.

Wings of Peace
2010-04-17, 10:27 AM
Woah woah woah back up. There are rules for making Power Armor? Or is my mind imagining entirely the wrong thing?

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-04-17, 10:31 AM
Well, there are stats for Clockwork Armor (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a).

Yuki Akuma
2010-04-17, 10:34 AM
Woah woah woah back up. There are rules for making Power Armor? Or is my mind imagining entirely the wrong thing?

You could make a suit of armour that increases your Strength, so... pretty much, yeah.

Eldan
2010-04-17, 10:39 AM
I had this Artificer character (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=186485) who made what really boils down to power armour: clockwork armour with a permanent giant size spell (+16 strength!), anchoring, deepdweller and easy travel. So, it's also a 20 foot diving suit.

Enguhl
2010-04-17, 10:43 AM
Or just use hydraulic armor from Dragonmech.

Doc Roc
2010-04-17, 10:43 AM
Would you be satisfied if your powered armor was in fact a full caster?

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-17, 10:47 AM
1. Could you put a Bead of Fireball in a Sling of Brilliant Energy, and then fling the Bead through any barriers so that it breaks against their skin, meaning that the poor target enemy has a Fireball detonating inside their clothes (negating reflex?)...

I doubt being inside a persons clothes would negate their Reflex Save (unless it was some stupidly thick/apocalyptically heavy armour of some kind), but launching Fireballs through solid walls sounds like fun.

Ernir
2010-04-17, 10:54 AM
1. Could you put a Bead of Fireball in a Sling of Brilliant Energy, and then fling the Bead through any barriers so that it breaks against their skin, meaning that the poor target enemy has a Fireball detonating inside their clothes (negating reflex?)

Setting the fireball off inside their clothes still doesn't deny them their reflex. =/

Doc Roc
2010-04-17, 11:03 AM
In fact, it has no effects whatsoever. They just get fireball'd.

arguskos
2010-04-17, 11:29 AM
See, like, I wanna know, but, I'm terrified to ask, because it's going to be something crazily wtf.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-04-17, 11:45 AM

Animate object + awaken construct?

Doc Roc
2010-04-17, 06:00 PM
Oh no, I was gonna do something a little more awful, but that's a fun starting place.

My fave is to Sandwich Trick into the armor, and have the fighter wear the psion to the party. Best hack P&P ever? Quite possibly.

The ideal situation is that you paint a tuxedo on the fighter's armor, then Sandwich Trick in, and suggest that you want to be formal, but you're here to party.

aivanther
2010-04-17, 06:09 PM
Setting the fireball off inside their clothes still doesn't deny them their reflex. =/

Which is sort of silly (though correct) since, if I understand it correctly, the whole reflex save idea is that they duck, dive for cover, or otherwise react in such a way as to cover themselves from some of the damage. If a fireball exploded on you chest I would wonder how you could "duck and cover" from that.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-17, 06:20 PM
Which is sort of silly (though correct) since, if I understand it correctly, the whole reflex save idea is that they duck, dive for cover, or otherwise react in such a way as to cover themselves from some of the damage. If a fireball exploded on you chest I would wonder how you could "duck and cover" from that.

Fireball covers a 10/20 (I forget which) square, but a character with Evasion who makes their Save takes no damage, even if they are in a 5x5x5ft room when the spell goes off. It's just that kind of spell :smalltongue: