PDA

View Full Version : Need help in html

felinoel
2010-04-18, 12:09 AM
I want to turn an infobox for my site staticly set on one corner of my site. For those who do not know what I mean view my profile and see the dancing green thing (commonly known as GIR). The reason why I do not just do what I did with the GIR on my profile is because this infobox is a little more complex than a single image, plus it is dynamic... might anyone know how I can make this work? I see a site actually does it so I know it is possible...

Yarram
2010-04-18, 08:47 AM
I'm confused... You mean you want a picture in the corner that tells people visiting your site things? That means either a GIF picture or Flash... But really it just means a GIF because Flash is supposed to be bad...
Or you want a drop down menu thing?
That means learning CSS stylesheets.

playswithfire
2010-04-18, 09:00 AM
If you just want to have a block of text positioned in the corner of your site, then Yarram is right and you'll need css, but it's pretty straight forward.

<html>
<head>
<style>
#infobox{position:absolute;
width:200px;
top:0px;
right:0px;
z-index:10;}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="infobox">this is the information that will
hang out in the top right corner of the screen
</div>
</body>
</html>

change the width to whatever you want. You might also want to add height:###px; and overflow:scroll; to make it a fixed size and have it add a scrollbar if you put more text than fits in the box.