PDA

View Full Version : Shining Gundam? [Exalted]

absolmorph
2010-04-18, 02:43 PM
Okay, so I'm not going to try to recreate the full Shining Gundam with Exalted. I do, however, want to recreate the effects of the Shining Finger, Burning Finger and Shining Finger Sword.
For the Shining Finger, I was thinking that Glorious Solar Saber might work, if it can take the shape of one of the Martial Arts weapons. I don't expect this to work, and haven't checked the effect to see, but it was the first thing that came to mind.
For the other two, however, I'm completely stumped. Any ideas?
Shining Finger Sword (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFo0_nYPLmQ), Shining Finger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginG6ZB9SUE&feature=related) and Erupting Burning Finger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo). For those of you who don't want to look them up.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-18, 08:04 PM
You can probably use the Glorious Solar Saber for Shining Finger Sword, and One-Hand Fury combined with Infernal Monster Form for the other two.

absolmorph
2010-04-18, 09:03 PM
You can probably use the Glorious Solar Saber for Shining Finger Sword, and One-Hand Fury combined with Infernal Monster Form for the other two.
Where are those from? And can a Solar get Infernal Monster Form?

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-18, 09:05 PM
Where are those from? And can a Solar get Infernal Monster Form?

One-Hand Fury and Infernal Monster Form are both Charms of the Infernal Monster Style, which Solars can learn as a formal martial arts style. They are from the Infernals book.

absolmorph
2010-04-18, 09:30 PM
One-Hand Fury and Infernal Monster Form are both Charms of the Infernal Monster Style, which Solars can learn as a formal martial arts style. They are from the Infernals book.
Alright, I'll check 'em out tonight.
The next step, of course, is working them into a character...
I'll probably buy Call the Blade and Glorious Solar Saber with experience, and figure out how to start with One-Hand Fury and Infernal Monster Form by coming up with a nice back-story.
This shall be an interesting character to play, I think.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-18, 09:31 PM
You can't start with One-Hand Fury, though, barring the use of experience points, since it requires Essence 5.

Ravens_cry
2010-04-18, 09:35 PM
Call me an immature little git, but the Shining Gundam attacks crack me up. 'Erupting Bring Finger'?
Might want to get some penicillin for that, mate.

Terazul
2010-04-18, 09:44 PM
Well, to be fair... Shining Gundam had Shining Finger, and Shining Finger Sword.
Its replacement, the God Gundam (or Burning, in the Dub), had Bakunetsu God Finger (Exploding God Finger [Erupting Burning Finger in the Dub]), Sekiha Tenkyoken (Earth Breaking, Rock Shattering Fist, or summat), Sekiha Tenkyo God Finger (Same thing but a giant hand crushes the target), the Shuffle Domei Ken, aaaaaand the

Love Love Tenkyoken, when paired with the Rising Gundam/Rain.

Yup. Also that technique where you turn into a whirlwind with your head on the front screaming. </mechanerd>

absolmorph
2010-04-18, 09:45 PM
You can't start with One-Hand Fury, though, barring the use of experience points, since it requires Essence 5.
Oh. Sad day.
I suppose I'll have to work towards that, too.

Ravens_cry, I don't think and "erupting bring finger" is anything to worry much about. An "erupting burning finger", perhaps. Don't worry, though, I've laughed at it, too.

Well, to be fair... Shining Gundam had Shining Finger, and Shining Finger Sword.
Its replacement, the God Gundam (or Burning, in the Dub), had Bakunetsu God Finger (Exploding God Finger [Erupting Burning Finger in the Dub]), Sekiha Tenkyoken (Earth Breaking, Rock Shattering Fist, or summat), Sekiha Tenkyo God Finger (Same thing but a giant hand crushes the target), the Shuffle Domei Ken, aaaaaand the

Love Love Tenkyoken, when paired with the Rising Gundam/Rain.

Yup. Also that technique where you turn into a whirlwind with your head on the front screaming. </mechanerd>
Honestly, I just want to include the lines from when he uses them.