PDA

View Full Version : Consequences [3.5]

Temotei
2010-04-19, 12:08 AM
When a player character acts completely out of their alignment consistently, what are some consequences you put in place? I'm not talking "the paladin falls lulz" or "rocks fall, everyone dies."

So...favorite consequences? :smallbiggrin:

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-04-19, 12:10 AM
...their alignment changes to match their actions? Really, unless they have a non-alignment-based code they follow (cleric's code, druid's oath, etc.) there's no reason for changing actions to do anything except change alignment.

arguskos
2010-04-19, 12:12 AM
Eh, I mostly just ask the player if they're doing it on purpose. If they are doing so knowingly, just cause I actually use alignment, then I'll be annoyed at them, and politely ask them to cut it out. If not, we just change it to the more thematically appropriate alignment and roll with it.

Temotei
2010-04-19, 12:15 AM
Cool. I was just wondering in case anyone got all goody-goody in the assassins game. :smallcool:

arguskos
2010-04-19, 12:17 AM
Cool. I was just wondering in case anyone got all goody-goody in the assassins game. :smallcool:
We kill them, and shower in their blood. Issue solved. :smallamused:

krossbow
2010-04-19, 12:20 AM
Random Paladins appear out of nowhere randomly wherever they go, scream "I SERVE THE FLAMING FIST!" and try and kill them for doing evil actions.

Temotei
2010-04-19, 12:20 AM
We kill them, and shower in their blood. Issue solved. :smallamused:

Leave it to the party. Done. :smallamused:

Mongoose87
2010-04-19, 12:25 AM
Random Paladins appear out of nowhere randomly wherever they go, scream "I SERVE THE FLAMING FIST!" and try and kill them for doing evil actions.

No way those guys were Palies. I mean, that Angelo guy was a member!

arguskos
2010-04-19, 12:26 AM
No way those guys were Palies. I mean, that Angelo guy was a member!
I hate the Flaming Fist. So much. Augh. They had PLATE MAIL! When you were like level 3!! Ugh, they sucked. :smallsigh:

Mongoose87
2010-04-19, 01:09 AM
I hate the Flaming Fist. So much. Augh. They had PLATE MAIL! When you were like level 3!! Ugh, they sucked. :smallsigh:

Mind you, if you said the right things to that one that you met at level one, you could take him on easily, with no reputation loss, and get some plate mail that was pretty awesome for a first-level character.

reptilecobra13
2010-04-19, 01:18 AM
Inevitables. That is all.

Paulus
2010-04-19, 02:30 AM
"Do you reaaaaaally want to do that to them?"

I'd totally have to put dragons disguised as NPC's in all my games.
For JUST such an occasion, for JUST such an occasion.

Temotei
2010-04-19, 02:33 AM
"Do you reaaaaaally want to do that to them?"

I'd totally have to put dragons disguised as NPC's in all my games.
For JUST such an occasion, for JUST such an occasion.

Player: *annoyed* Yes.
DM: Alright...roll a Will save. *rolls attack and damage*
Player: *rolls Will* Umm...what is this for?
DM: The apparently poor peasant suddenly sprouts great black wings, huge teeth, and claws. His skin starts to harden and scale. In a few seconds, a fully grown dragon stands before you, roaring.
Player: ...oh.

Paulus
2010-04-19, 02:41 AM
Player: *annoyed* Yes.
DM: Alright...roll a Will save. *rolls attack and damage*
Player: *rolls Will* Umm...what is this for?
DM: The apparently poor peasant suddenly sprouts great black wings, huge teeth, and claws. His skin starts to harden and scale. In a few seconds, a fully grown dragon stands before you, roaring, "WHY YOU DO DIS!?"
Player: ...oh.

fix'ed
I'z can haz playerburger?