PDA

View Full Version : Question about Strip #679

willpell
2010-04-19, 12:53 AM
I can't seem to find any discussion threads older than #706 or so, so I'm just asking randomly; feel free to move this post to where it belongs if the thread is actually around somewhere.

I'm assuming the sombrero and accent are just a gag, but what's with the diamond dust and the bauble? What spell is that for?

derfenrirwolv
2010-04-19, 01:01 AM
The sombrero and mustache are a "clever" disguise because V is banned from the shop. And a gag (something dark and horrific that the elf had to do...)

The diamond dust is a component in a number of spells, including resurrection and stoneskin.

The bauble is what distracted Blackwing in the previous strip. Its bright and shiny... blackwing is a raven. They like bright and shiny things.

SensFan
2010-04-19, 01:02 AM
The diamond dust is also what V was trying to buy in the first place.

willpell
2010-04-19, 01:03 AM
I was actually just about to come back and delete the question since I answered it myself in continuing to read (thud). Oh well, thanks for being helpful anyway.

Zxo
2010-04-19, 01:08 AM
The discussion for 679 is here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125305

Typing into Google [number] discussion thread giantitp usually finds the respective discussion thread with no problem. There was a discussion thread index somewhere as well, but using Google works faster for me.

binyamin20
2010-04-19, 04:27 AM
the bauble is used in hypnotizing spells on birds:smalltongue: