PDA

View Full Version : The Priest (PEACH)

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 02:54 AM
Game Rule Information:

Outlook, Personality, and Interaction in the world: People generally become Priests out of a geniuine feeling of need to help others, often risking and giving their lives to aid or help others at great cost to themselves. These selfless acts make them welcomed in many places with smiles, and good will. This attitude means they are more often than not living in poverty. However, many times they are treated as honoured guests, and patrons. Many think this is done in a hope that by showing favor to their Priests the Gods will show them favor in return, but wether ot not this is true is almost never mentioned since it brings no direct harm to those with such thoughts. A Priest that does not run into a burning building to save a child is often frowned upon, and rumors are faster than the wind. Since a Priests duty is to protect and aid others many commoners veiw Priests that fail in their duty with scorn, and other clergymen, such as Paladins, and Clerics, and even other Priests will not be so welcoming, making it harder on the Priest.

In the case of an evil priest, most people will fear them. Commoners will most often still treat them with reverance, for similar reasons. To avoid the punitive measures of their god, and to avoid the anger of the priest. These priests however, do not enter service to help others, but due to extreme faith, and sometimes due to a craving for power. Nerull has many necromancers that become his priests. On the other end of the spectrum, most priests follow Pelor. This does not mean all of them do.

The Preist, and Spells Per Day

Level BAB FS RS WS Special 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

1st +0 +0 +0 +2 (Un)Hallowed Step, Aura of Alignment 2 1 - - - - - - - -

[td]2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Lay on Hands 3 2 - - - - - - -

3rd +1 +1 +1 +3 Divine Grace 4 3 - - - - - - - -

4th +2 +1 +1 +4 Detect Evil/Good 4 3 1 - - - - - - -

5th +2 +1 +1 +4 - 4 3 2 - - - - - - -

6th +3 +2 +2 +5 Healing Presence 4 3 3 - - - - - - -

7th +3 +2 +2 +5 - 4 3 3 1 - - - - - -

8th +4 +2 +2 +6 Remove Disease 1/week 4 3 3 2 - - - - - -

9th +4 +3 +3 +6 - 4 3 3 3 - - - - - -

10th +5 +3 +3 +7 Remove Curse 1/week 4 3 3 3 1 - - - - -

11th +5 +3 +3 +7 Consecration/Desecration 4 3 3 3 2 - - - - -

12th +6/+1 +4 +4 +8 Favor 4 3 3 3 3 - - - - -

13th +6/+1 +4 +4 +8 - 4 3 3 3 3 1 - - - -

14th +7/+2 +4 +4 +9 - 4 3 3 3 3 2 - - - -

15th +7/+2 +5 +5 +9 Radiant Aura 4 3 3 3 3 3 1 - - -

16th +8/+3 +5 +5 +10 Remove Disease 2/week 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 - - -

17th +8/+3 +5 +5 +10 - 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 - -

18th +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 - 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 -

19th +9/+4 +6 +6 +11 - 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1

20th +10/+5 +6 +6 +12 Remove Curse 2/week 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2

Hit Dice: d6.

Class Skills:
The Preists class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (History) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) × 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Class Features:
All of the abilities in the above Table, and the following are Abilities of the Priest.

Aura of (Alignment) See Paladin. (PHB, CRB1)
Divine Favor (Su) While in the Temple of friendly deity healing during sleep is doubled. When aiding others attribute bonuses equal to the wisdom modifier can be gained as needed. And a prayer has a 50% chance of being granted, and a 75% chance of being heard. the benefits are equivalent to blessing as the spell, and prayer. it can be used when in a temple to regain lost spells per day as though having rested and prepared them again, once per day at level 10.
Detect Good/Evil Detect Good/Evil as a Supernatural Ability always active. With a 20 foot radius. If out of line of sight it is sensed, but if in sight, it is detectable by an aura. Spells such as Non-Detection, or Undetectable Alignment, keep the Priest from being able to see the aura, but do not trick the sensation. This ability requires concentration.
Divine Grace (Su): The Priest is blessed, and lives life so, his Charisma modifier is added to his saves, as well as the normal modifiers.
Favor (Ex) is graciousness shown by other members of the same "faith" usually clerics overseer's of the churches and temples, or other Priests. The amount of aid is determined by a roll of 1d20 + level and wisdom of Priest requesting Aid, against the cost of such aid if any in gold. Lets say N equals the amount Needed by the priest or for the favor, and C is the Cost. is N>C then it is likely they will help, this still depends on if that church or temple can afford it. If the favor requires something illegal then it is a Difficulty Check determined by the DM. This Favor is not usually limited to the Church/Temple. As the fact that they usually travel in tattered Robes embroidered with their holy symbol makes them easily identifiable, and due to their nature they are often left unscathed in a bar filled with hudlums. Many thugish types will even behave themselves in the presence of one when they would not otherwise.
Unhallowed/Hallowed Step (Su): The priest is the pinnacle of un-epic holiness. His very step is enough to bless the ground upon which he walks. In the case of a good priest, any undead coming within 60 feet of his presence will begin taking His Charisma Modifier in damage every round. Any undead at half the priests hit dice or less are immediately Destroyed. In the case of an evil priest any undead within his presence are rebuked with a proper rebuke attempt, made each round, and healed at a rate of his Charisma Modifier multiplied by his class level per round. Any corpses will raise as 1 HD undead, up to the maximum of the clerics controllable undead, in hit dice. At level 10 this ability will similarly effect Outsiders of an opposing alignment, or enemy deity, it will not rebuke/turn them however, but instead banish them. If the outsider is more than half the hit dice of the priest it will instead take damage as an undead. This damage can be reduced by a successful willsave. Turn resistance acts as damage reduction.
Remove Disease, and Remove Curse are the same as the Paladin Abilities of the same name. (In the case of an Evil Preist change Remove to Bestow.)
Lay on Hands (Su): The Priest may heal a number of hit points equal to it's Charisma modifier per round. (In the instance of an Evil Priest Lay on hands uses Negative Energy, and harms living creatures other than the Priest using it.)
Radiant Aura, the Priest has gone so far towards his/her path that any attempt to discern their alignment (such as with detect good, if the priest is good) with the appropriate spell, will force the creature to make a will save vs a DC of 10+Class Level, failure will blind them for 1d4 rounds, even if the creature, or character is not normally susceptible to such an effect. In addition, the creature or character attempting to do so, must make a will save of a DC of 10+the strength of the priests aura or be stunned for a number of rounds equal to the priests charisma modifier.
Consecration/Desecration: (Su) The priest is surrounded by a field of positive, or negative energy. As per the Consecrate Spell and the Desecrate spell, respectively. This is a permanent aura effect, with a range of 30 feet. It acts as the spell, except as mentioned. If the area a priest is within has recently been Hallowed, or Unhallowed, these effects stack, or cancel each out for the duration of the priests presence, within the priests area of influence.
Healing Presence (Su): The priest's spells now heal/deal an additional amount of damage equal to the priests hit dice. In addition any creatures within 45 feet heal or take damage (friendlies heal/enemies take) equal to the priests charisma modifer per round, the healing/damage are both divine, and cannot be reduced. (This is an activated ability, and functions a number of rounds equal to the Priests Charisma Modifier per day.) This ability does not need to be used all at once, but can be divided up into individual uses each day.

Abilities: Wisdom is especially important to the Priest as it allows most of his spell casting Abilities. Charisma is also important as many of his abilities will rely upon it heavily, such as Divine Favor, healing abilities, and auras.
Alignment: Any Good, or Evil. (Allowing Players to use Evil Priests as Evil Characters is suggested Against as it is capable of collapsing the power of the game. However, this restriction is intended for PC's only, as evil priests, WILL exist.)

Starting Gold: Priests Start with 2d6x10 Gold, plus any benefits from Professions.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Priests are proficient with all simple weapons, and light armor. They are proficient with the buckler.

Spells:
The Priest may prepare and cast any spell from the cleric and paladin domains and spell lists. He must prepare his spells ahead of time, the way a wizard or a cleric must.
To learn or cast a spell, a Priest must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Priests spell is 10 + the spell level + the Priests Wisdom modifier.

(( I used the Wizard as a base for this, out of the PHB, along with the Cleric and Paladin. ))

Roderick_BR
2010-04-19, 09:26 AM
I like the concept. It's a cleric that is more paladin than the paladin, yet frail like a FinalFantasy's White Mage, stepping away from the frontlines where the core cleric is usually found.
Good for players that want good support characters. Can't tell if it's under/overpowered right now. Will have to check better later.

Anonymouswizard
2010-04-19, 09:45 AM
I like this. However, maybe it needs a way to access domain(s)? (Not required, but letting it use a feat to gain 9 spells (but not the power), or even 3 spells for one feat, could help them break out of a support role). I'd go with something like this:

Domain access
Requirements: priest level 3.
Benefit: pick one domain. You add the first 3 spells from the domain to your spell list.

Improved domain access
Requirements: priest level 9, domain access.
Benefit: you gain the 4th, 5th and 6th level spells from the domain you have chosen for domain access.

Greater domain access
Requirements: priest level 15, improved domain access.
Benefit: you gain access to the 7th, 8th and 9th spells from the domain you chose for domain access.

These feats should allow them to gain some versatility and not be limited to just a support role, although by using the feats (which are a limited resource), you can hopefully stop it from overpowering the priest.

And why the strange starting gold? Did you mean 1d6x10gp?

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 02:52 PM
Think of it as a clerical version of the Generalist Wizard. Not as much spellcasting ability, but access to all domains, and spells. They can cast any cleric spell. I could always adjust it to say 'cleric and paladin spell lists' though.
Also, I suppose I should now point out, this is 3.5. Do not speak of the true evil which does not exist. For it must not be named.

Just because something is inherently evil, does not mean it must always be. because, all of my good aligned clerics go 'oh my, he's suffering... and theres nothing anyone can do to cure him... well... I'll just let him suffer.' after all, using a sleep spell followed by something like... negative energy burst, is evil. So is finger of death. Mercy is evil.

Glimbur
2010-04-19, 03:43 PM
If all priests are caring and compassionate, why can there be evil priests?

This is mechanically weaker than the cleric. Lay on Hands is not a large pool of healing, and Hallowed Step comes too late and is too specialized. Domains, better BAB, a good Fort save, better armor proficiencies, and better splatbook support mean cleric is stronger than this...

...with one caveat. How rigidly is "temple" defined? How often can Divine Favor be used to re-prepare spells? Because if a party can carry a temple with them, then the ability to have spells as a per-encounter resource instead of a per-day one is scary. Priests still have Divine Power and Righteous Might and turn undead to power DMM and other cleric abilities, so if the choice is between cleric or (cleric - what I listed + spells per encounter), the more powerful class is less clear.

I'm not sure what you're trying to model with this class... the fluff doesn't seem much different from a cleric.

Melayl
2010-04-19, 03:55 PM
This is mechanically weaker than the cleric. Lay on Hands is not a large pool of healing, and Hallowed Step comes too late and is too specialized. Domains, better BAB, a good Fort save, better armor proficiencies, and better splatbook support mean cleric is stronger than this...

Considering that the cleric is considered one of (if not the) most powerful classes in the game, how is this bad?

Hyooz
2010-04-19, 04:10 PM
Considering that the cleric is considered one of (if not the) most powerful classes in the game, how is this bad?

Because you can get basically the same flavor and idea but with better mechanics behind it.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-19, 04:41 PM

Because it's easier to rev an engine at 70% than it is to rev an engine at 150%.

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 05:19 PM
I will edit it to stipulate once per day terms. The idea is that the character becomes so intuned with its deity that is becomes a temple unto itself. Hallowed Step was placed there apurpose. If you can show me an example of this exact mechanic, or a better one being attempted, with the same concept and intention. Please do. I would welcome the lessons to be gleamed in the improvement of my own. If you have suggestions I welcome them, and while I do honestly thank you for your comments... I am not seeing very much advice. Only banter.
I have modified the priests version of pay on hands, so it is now a per round healing ability, rather than a per day ability like the paladins.

Temotei
2010-04-19, 05:23 PM
I am not seeing very much advice. Only banter.

They're saying you should get some fluff that's really different from the cleric's. Otherwise, you just have a weaker cleric.

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 05:25 PM
If you have suggestions I welcome them, and while I do honestly thank you for your comments... I am not seeing very much advice. Only banter.
You cannot leave only one tree, and still have a forrest.

It is a type of cleric however, and... I must say, while it is slightly less powerful, it is slightly more... how shall i say... utilitarian?

arguskos
2010-04-19, 05:27 PM
You cannot leave only one tree, and still have a forrest.
And you missed Temotei's point. People are saying that this class is a weaker cleric, with nothing really to draw you to it other than a few class features that aren't super interesting.

Give it a different flavor or somesuch, give it more interesting and unique mechanics, and it could become something really awesome.

Also, I like that line you used. Very fun. :smallwink:

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 05:58 PM
I suppose I could alter it, and move the aura effects down in levels to replace turn/rebuke and such things. But that would leave me capstoneless. I will think on this further. If anyone actually has some advice as to what to do, specific rather than vague, please, inform me.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-19, 06:03 PM
The problem is that their primary class abilities are those of a cleric with a few SLAs thrown in for giggles. If you want actual auras, I would look to the Marshal class for inspiration, throw those on, maybe slap the casting down to Bard-like, go 3/4 BAB, and actually 'brew some class abilities other than having "cleric, but weaker," which is what I currently see.

Unhallowed Step also is fast healing for self-made undead, but it's a 20th level ability, so, meh.

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 06:07 PM
(Un)Hallowed step is now a starting ability, and has been modified to have a gradual increase in power.
Turn/Rebuke is removed, (Un)Hallowed step already does this, but better.
Detect Undead removed due to having become... whats the word... no longer needed.
*edit
Redundant.
SLAs... wtf is that?

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-19, 06:11 PM
(Un)Hallowed step is now a starting ability, and has been modified to have a gradual increase in power.
Turn/Rebuke is removed, (Un)Hallowed step already does this, but better.
Detect Undead removed due to having become... whats the word... no longer needed.
*edit
Redundant.
SLAs... wtf is that?

Spell-Like Abilities. In this case, the 1/week stuffs you get when a standard cleric/priest/divine caster would just prep the morning after spell in question when needed.

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 06:17 PM
I actually hadn't gotten around to labeling any of their abilities, but they don't have any Spell-likes, they are all either Ex or Su.

Trying to think of a new/better capstone ability, and some additional filler.

Anonymouswizard
2010-04-19, 07:30 PM
Think of it as a clerical version of the Generalist Wizard. Not as much spellcasting ability, but access to all domains, and spells.

If it has access to all domains than mention it in the spellcasting section. And can we have more abilities that do not deal with positive/negative energy. I can see the priest making the faithful rise up to protect their homes, so maybe some /encounter buffs? If not than some abilities that deal with outsiders: chances to summon/banish outsiders of their alignment/the opposing alignment?

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 08:15 PM
Oh, thank you. ^^ I could indeed, always give them an ability similar to Hallowed Step, that would deal with Outsiders.

Going for a mobile Font of Healing. A kind of... walking healing potion of undead bane. Or the opposite, when evil.

Temotei
2010-04-19, 10:03 PM
If anyone actually has some advice as to what to do, specific rather than vague, please, inform me.

:smallsigh:

Get more unique fluff. Done.

Ralasha
2010-04-19, 10:39 PM
That is the very definition of vague. more fluff, any suggestions on the fluff?

Ralasha
2010-04-20, 07:42 PM
Bump. Bump it up, Bump it Jam...

Milskidasith
2010-04-20, 07:58 PM
Make some fluff that is different from the clerics? I really can't be more specific than that without out and out rewriting it for you. As of now, the "holy warrior of a god with strong spellcasting and spells granted by their god" is pretty much exactly the same as the cleric.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-04-20, 08:01 PM
I actually hadn't gotten around to labeling any of their abilities, but they don't have any Spell-likes, they are all either Ex or Su.

Trying to think of a new/better capstone ability, and some additional filler.

I was referring mainly to Remove X/week and Detect Alignment. Actually adding new class abilities can be tricky, I will admit, but that's the joy of 'brewing.

That is the very definition of vague. more fluff, any suggestions on the fluff?

For me at least, the issue with the default fluff is that it's as any run of the mill cleric: there is little to it to set it apart from the cleric. Even when fluff can easily be stripped away or white-washed off of a class in 3.5, at least seeing something original for a class that is supposed to be "X, but different" is nice.

Ralasha
2010-04-20, 08:53 PM
I actually did that already, once. It's not completely unique, but look up the Battle Dancer on here.

candycorn
2011-01-13, 10:16 AM
Issues:

This class basically takes a tier 1 class (the cleric), retains its spellcasting progression, and trades the following:

Loss of Domain slot, in exchange for access to paladin spells (reduced level spells, access to spells at level 5 and 7 that were balanced for levels 11 and 14)
D8 HD to D4 (avg: 2 HP per level)
Skills: No change.
BAB: Medium to Poor (-1 attack bonus per 5 levels, give or take)
Turn Undead: Lost.

In exchange:

Automatic Cha x Level to all undead within 60 feet each round. (+10 Cha modifier at level 15 will result in 150 HP to all undead each round, no save.) This will kill the average CR 18 Nightcrawler or Epic Lich in 2 rounds. Also, same cleric will kill the average CR 20 Pit Fiend in 2 rounds. On the evil side, Animate Dead (3rd level spell), without cost, at will, at level 1.

Automatic Blinding of Any creature discerning alignment (bypassing immunities, and disallowing save. Level 15. In addition, will save vs Aura strength (DC 25 at the level it's gained) or be stunned for FIFTEEN ROUNDS (at the level it's gained).

In addition, Charisma to all saves, most of the other paladin goodies.

In short, this is a massive power up to a class that is already Tier 1. Thematically, it's nice. Mechanically, it's a mess. Pretty much all of the class features need to be removed or severely curtailed. Barring that, the only thing that would make this remotely balanced is severely curtailing spellcasting progression, to the level of Paladin casting. Even then, pumping charisma and having the minimum Wisdom necessary to cast would create a CoDzilla more powerful than most anything currently made.

Ralasha
2011-01-13, 10:25 AM
Good job, you just performed thread necromancy.
On a more pleasant note, I have now taken steps towards hopefully correcting many of the issues you just pointed out. Thank you, your observations were very helpful with balancing. Please, now that this thread is alive again anyway, feel free to comment more.

candycorn
2011-01-13, 04:07 PM
Ok, then.

Lay on hands: Unlimited healing, at level 2, using the class's 2 strongest attributes. Also, channeling positive and negative energy as an (Ex) ability?

Radiant Aura: Color Spray is a game ender for a reason at low levels. Even 1-2 rounds of stunning is usually considered a "lose" effect.

You are still effectively giving a whole host of powerful class abilities (cleric+ casting, which is what makes cleric tier 1... Several abilities which damage, blind, or stun, with no SR allowed, and no save allowed...)

Suggestions to balance:
Delay the level at which the class gains new spell levels by 1 (2nd level spells at level 4, 3rd at level 6, and so on).

Each and every ability above which causes damage should allow a will save for half.
Each and every ability which imposes a negative status effect should allow a fort or will save to negate, depending on the status effect.
All abilities which channel positive or negative energy should be <Sp> or <Su>.
All abilities which damage should be designated as either positive or negative energy, and should be subject to any effect which reduces or protects from positive/negative energy.
Detect Good/Evil - Even if always active, should require concentration to garner information... Perhaps, since gained at level 4, have the first round of concentration count as 2 rounds. Without this, this ability will automatically pinpoint invisible or hiding creatures with that alignment, merely by walking past them.

Possibly, remove 1 spell per day from every spell level (max of 3 per spell level from class levels, not counting bonus spells for high wisdom).

Bottom line, this class gains WAY too many abilities for what it gives up. If these class abilities were in a Prestige class, it would get 1/2 casting progression, and would still allow saves for any ability.

Look in all published material. Try to find an ability that does not require any of the following:

attack roll
Saving throw
must penetrate Spell resistance

You won't find any ability which ignores all three of these. However, several abilities of this class do exactly that (and with fight-ending effects too! Blindness effectively removes most casters from the fight, stunning, even for 2 rounds, is typically a save or lose). There's a reason such balancing mechanics are used. There are no magic bullets in D&D. Nothing that will slip past every defense without even looking at them. Heck, even your damage effects ignore all three of the above, AND all resistances/immunities. About the only thing that would still apply is Regeneration.

Ralasha
2011-01-13, 04:40 PM
Complete. Thank you again candycorn. ^^ Anything else? Please name specific abilities, or I won't know what to look for.

werik
2011-01-13, 07:37 PM
I agree with candycorn that this class seems overbalanced in a lot of ways and I vehemently disagree with those who view it as a weaker cleric. That is not to say that I don't like the concept or some of the ideas in here because I find the idea exciting.

If I were to change this class I would do the following:

Get rid of lay on hands (at least as it is) and definitely eliminate divine grace. I think that there is serious potential to come up with innovative mechanics with this class that don't render some of the Paladin's best features redundant. Lay on hands every round is particularly overbalanced since it would just allow you to heal indefinitely. As a replacement power that might be interesting, I would consider allowing the priest the ability to heal at range. Perhaps 30' or 30' + 5' per two caster levels. This would allow the priest to heal/harm differently than paladins and clerics while expanding their role as a support caster.

As candycorn pointed out (Un)hallowed step seems really overbalanced. If Durkon were a priest in OOTS he could have killed Xykon in the battle of Azure City simply by standing near him and being holy. What I would suggest instead is that the (Un)hallowed step work as a sort of automatic protection from evil/good spell in relation to undead and evil/good outsiders. What's fun about playing holy characters in undead laden missions is that you're definitely stronger than your non-holy allies with unique powers. It wouldn't be fun if you could kill them just by looking at them. If you wanted to add an additional power involving the undead, you could give them something like undead sense. This could allow them the ability to make a knowledge religion check whenever their undead sense activates to see if they can determine the presence of undead even when there is no other sign of them. Just an idea.

I like the consecration/desecration idea in principle, but it also seems strong to me. A permanent field that follows the priest seems like another automatic field that makes undead suck/super strong without the priest having to do anything. What I might suggest is giving them at 11th or possibly earlier the ability to double the effects of a pre-established consecration/desecration field when they are within it (or within 30' of the priest inside the field, if that makes sense) and at a much higher level (17th or higher) you give them the permanent and mobile consecration/desecration field.

I might also suggest replacing the Healing Presence with Divine Scrutiny which would work just as you laid it out except forcing the priest to decide whether she wants to heal her allies or inflict wounds on her enemies. I don't think this has to be a good priest/evil priest split, just something the priest has to declare as she activates her ability.

Otherwise, I rather like the way the class is laid out. If I think of anything else that would be fun/practical to add I will let you know.

Ralasha
2011-01-13, 07:39 PM
Actually, I already corrected the imbalance issues that Candycorn pointed out. >.>

Maho-Tsukai
2011-01-13, 08:43 PM
I am actually working on a similar class myself that actually has the same name as this one, in my sig. It's far from done but you may want to look at it for some ideas. Also, I need ideas for the class myself...so yeah.

Ralasha
2011-01-13, 08:47 PM
In other news. Very good, you used Nihongo correctly in your name! ^^ You take lessons?

Maho-Tsukai
2011-01-13, 08:52 PM
Was that directed at me? If so then I am sorry to burst your bubble but I don't know any Japanese beyond a few honorifics and some words such as "baka"(idiot and a few other things..), "hai"(Yes) and "Aku"(Evil) all of which where picked up from excessive anime watching. I have never taken any lessons in Japanese and my screen name actually comes from a D&D OA/Rokugan D20 class of the same name which I like flavor wise.

If that was not directed at me I shall commence facepalm and feel like an idiot for a few minutes only to go back to happily looking for deals on warhammer 40k armies on ebay.(Because I always wanted to play that game but never could because I have the painting skills of somebody who makes a living off of "modern art" and thus am forced to look for a already painted force.)

Ralasha
2011-01-13, 08:55 PM
>.> Mahou is spelled Mahou. But your name means magic user. Though... mahou is more literally... blood magic.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-01-13, 09:01 PM
I was aware of that, but only because the class practice blood magic in game and their spellcasting involves using blood as a material component. They also can pull some nice metamagic tricks via using their blood. it's a good class and a very fun one and mechanically it's identical to the tainted sorcerer PrC class (Including switching your casting stat to taint.) except it has it's own spell list and is one of the few ways to get spells like desecrate and such on a sorcerer or shugenja's spell list. It's spell list in OA is meh but D20 Rokugan expands on it quite well and gives it some exclusive spells, a few of which are reminiscent of old 2e necromancy spells..

Ralasha
2011-01-13, 09:05 PM
See then, you do know some Nihongo.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-01-13, 09:15 PM
Yeah, technically, your right. However, I still find it funny that after re-posting my priest class two other people(you included) post cloth wearing priest type classes....perhaps I started a trend? :smallamused:

My class is far from done now, however, and I think ATM it's not at the level I want it to be.(Tier 1 but balanced enough where DMs who allow other tier 1 classes would allow mine into their game without hesitation.)

Ralasha
2011-01-13, 09:16 PM
Actually, I can link you to my original if you like. It's almost a year old. This is just a repost of the thread in order to circumvent necromancy rules. Also, this is not a thread wearing priest, it's a light armor wearing priest that kills your undead, and shows you what holy sauce tastes like with your BBQ.

It's a priest. Not a clothing cleric, or an uber armored paladin. It's a mixture of cleric and paladin, but without the front line abilities, and better support ability. It is intended as a support class. I heard someone complain that it gets lay on hands per round equal to its Cha Mod. but that's not really all that powerful. Considering its easy to deal 14 damage in one hit at level 1. and I can make a character that deals over 100 at level 5. 150 at level 10, and 200 at level 15. I can get as high as 2k in a single round at level 20. that's melee only. My Wand only mage empowers wands, and squeezes the charges out of them in force. Depletes them faster, but I can deal a good 5k in one round with wands of magic missile.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-01-13, 09:22 PM
I see. In that case I did not start any trend However, I still would like somebody to post some suggestions for my class. I mean it's in my sig, it's gotten a lot of views yet 0 responses. That's either a very good sign(as in the class is fine as is and therefore nobody needs to post any criticism) or a very bad sign(The class is so horrid that it has left all who view it in a state of utter shock or insanity.....maybe my alliance with Cthulu and the Tails Doll has made it so anybody who views that post whiteness the true horrors of the realms beyond normal human comprehension?)

Also, a link would be nice.

Ralasha
2011-02-13, 08:05 AM
04-19-2010, 03:54 AM (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8329326&postcount=1)
Nevermind, it was this thread, but candycorn necromancied it. I forgot.