PDA

View Full Version : LA of a halfgolem

Duskranger
2010-04-19, 05:13 AM
What would be the LA for the half-golems templates. And than I would like to see what you would give them if you would use them as a playerrace.

I would like to get a LA for the non-evil (willsave made) and the neutral evil (willsave failed)

Amphetryon
2010-04-19, 05:48 AM
Officially, they're "LA -", not appropriate for PC.

Duskranger
2010-04-19, 05:48 AM
I knoiw, but what if I wanted to outfit a PC with it? What would you give them.

Kylarra
2010-04-19, 09:01 AM
will save failed leaves you mindless. You're not neutral evil, you're just neutral at that point.

No one saw anything.

BEEP.

The Rose Dragon
2010-04-19, 09:03 AM
will save failed leaves you mindless. You're not neutral evil, you're just neutral at that point.

No, it doesn't. It does, however, make you lose your Constitution score and turn you into a Construct.

Kylarra
2010-04-19, 09:10 AM
No, it doesn't. It does, however, make you lose your Constitution score and turn you into a Construct.Huh, you're right. I wonder what the heck I'm thinking of then...

Starbuck_II
2010-04-19, 09:17 AM
I knoiw, but what if I wanted to outfit a PC with it? What would you give them.

LA should change based on Will save failing really.

Duskranger
2010-04-19, 11:22 AM
I was talking about both LA's what if the PC makes it and what if he doesn't

Magicyop
2010-04-19, 11:28 AM
By all standards, he shouldn't be able to make it. An LA - means that they are not geared to be balanced PCs. If you are a very attentive DM, you could, if you want, allow your player to be one, but I highly suggest you spent a lot of time balancing it, or request that they be something with a real LA. There are tons of cool monsters out there suitable for play.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-19, 11:30 AM
A really awkward way to do it by RAW would be to apply the template, willingly fail the save, and then add Incarnate Construct (Savage Species) for -2 LA. You lose all your original racial features, but it sort of works.

Duskranger
2010-04-19, 11:30 AM
That's right, but on the other hand I was more thinking about a less balanced character. Not as a player, but more a NPC. But I would like to know the LA not because itīs neccessary but because I was interested. I was thinking at least LA5 for the brass one.

PairO'Dice Lost
2010-04-19, 11:51 AM
I'd put it about LA +5 for the failed save, +4 otherwise. LA +2 for the spell immunity, +1 for the stat boosts, DR, and natural armor, +1 for the other miscellaneous abilities, and +1 for construct traits it if has them. Then again, I feel most LA is artificially inflated, so if you want to know what WotC would put it at, that'd probably be +8 and +9, costing another +1 in each category mentioned above.

Ravens_cry
2010-04-19, 12:03 PM
I would say take the wargorged, remove immunity to poison, remove the lack of need to eat sleep and breath, but remove one of the stat penalties as well. I would say wisdom. Boom, you're a fantasy cyborg.