PDA

View Full Version : An allignment question

Jackolas
2010-04-19, 08:55 AM
Has anyone seen the film The Patriot?

My idea was loosely basing a druid on the character William Tavington. Basically he is quite bloodthirsty and does rather extreme things to fullfil his duty to the crown. One notable thing was to chain all the occupants of a small town into their church and threaten to burn it down unless the information was given. someone gave hte information and yet still he burnt it down.

What allignment is this kind of behaviour? Im thinking Lawful evil?

waterpenguin43
2010-04-19, 08:57 AM

My idea was loosely basing a druid on the character William Tavington. Basically he is quite bloodthirsty and does rather extreme things to fullfil his duty to the crown. One notable thing was to chain all the occupants of a small town into their church and threaten to burn it down unless the information was given. someone gave hte information and yet still he burnt it down.

Lawful Evil. You can modify druids to accomidate Lawful Evil, if you like.

dota600
2010-04-19, 08:59 AM
I go for Neutral evil still. He is an ass hole if you ask me(that is just my opinion of course).

Nero24200
2010-04-19, 09:02 AM
Does evil acts using honour/law etc as justification? That's pretty much a textbook example of Lawful Evil.

krossbow
2010-04-19, 11:30 AM
I'd put him down as neutral evil. lawful evil would have condescendingly thanked him for his help and then shipped them off to the stocks on bum charges instead of killing them all.

Lawful evil will generally still honor their bargains, if only because it makes the interrogation technique work the next time as well.

Divide by Zero
2010-04-19, 11:33 AM
I'd say definitely neutral/chaotic evil (more neutral for your purposes). He only respects the law as far as it benefits him, which is to say not at all.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-19, 11:40 AM

So he isn't really lawful as he breaks his word regularly.
NE.