PDA

View Full Version : Need to give my DM some advise. [4]

Stormageddon
2010-04-19, 09:33 PM
So I'm playing in as a bloodrage barbarian half-Orc at level 3. My DM throws a lvl 4 humanfighter at me 1 on 1 and my character ends up smacking him down within 3 rounds. Afterwards my DM complains to me that the fight was supposed to be more difficult. I'm not sure what to tell him. Any advise?

Kylarra
2010-04-19, 09:34 PM
Well, if he built it like a PC, then you probably just unloaded your daily on his mediocre hp total and cleaned him up.

Krazddndfreek
2010-04-19, 09:37 PM
First, tell him to not use fighter.

valadil
2010-04-19, 09:56 PM
Tell him to use NPC stats. NPCs are built differently than PCs. They don't get daily powers (so they won't obliterate you if they go first). And they don't have healing surges, but have more HP instead. If your DM really wants to extend the fight, tell him to use soldiers, as they take the best beatings.

nightwyrm
2010-04-19, 10:59 PM
There is also the fact that for all intents and purposes your fight was a lvl+1 fight. That's classified as being not too difficult.

Stormageddon
2010-04-19, 11:00 PM
Excellent advise! Thanks guys!

TricksyAndFalse
2010-04-20, 06:23 AM
I agree with the above on using NPC stats instead of PC, and that lvl+1 is not a sufficient challenge.

I'll add that a fighter fills the defender role. Defenders punish opponents who don't attack them. If you're fighting one-on-one, you don't have any other targets to attack, so some of the fighter's tricks are now useless.