PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Magical Books

Trekkin
2010-04-20, 01:07 AM
I am attempting to make a seer with a devotion to lore bordering on obsession, and as part of that I'm attempting to kit them out, now and in the future, with magical tomes, scrolls, and writings of all description; I thus ask the Playground two questions:

1. What are your favorite listed magic items that take the form of books or scrolls, or similar forms of storing knowledge?
2. Once I have this library of magical paper, how can I best protect it, being a Seer? At this point I'm just thinking of stuffing everything into a Handy Haversack, being level 6, but in the future I'll probably want something a bit more secure, no?

Divide by Zero
2010-04-20, 01:14 AM
Regarding #2, Stronghold Builder's Guide? It's probably more elaborate than what you want, and certainly not practical at level 6, but a keep built around a central library would be perfect for that sort of character.

Trekkin
2010-04-20, 01:17 AM
Eventually, I intend to grab Genesis and make the Demiplane of Books (with, of course, a continual Silence spell in effect within it), but until then, the SBG will be excellent once I get enough money.

Draz74
2010-04-20, 01:41 AM
1. What are your favorite listed magic items that take the form of books or scrolls, or similar forms of storing knowledge?

Magic Item Compendium has a few good ones. Tome of Worldly Memory is frankly a steal for how cheap it is. Tome of Ancient Lore is decent, and Map of Unseen Lands is awesome, but both of those are Relics whose powers can be nigh-impossible to unlock without a very specific build.

Trekkin
2010-04-20, 01:44 AM
Agreed in all cases, Draz, although as the focus of the campaign is to be exploration I would feel abhorrently cheap buying a Map of Unseen Lands, as much as I absolutely love it.