PDA

View Full Version : Naraku

Geiger Counter
2010-04-20, 05:16 PM
where can I fins his stats?

Sinfire Titan
2010-04-20, 05:19 PM
You can find them after sifting through 400 episodes of filler.

Seriously, he violates enough rules that the only possible way to stat him out is Epic Spellcasting. In other words, no one has tried.

Asheram
2010-04-20, 05:39 PM
You can find them after sifting through 400 episodes of filler.

Seriously, he violates enough rules that the only possible way to stat him out is Epic Spellcasting. In other words, no one has tried.

Agreed... his powers are "What the DM decides to be cool for the moment"

AslanCross
2010-04-20, 05:41 PM
Best fit I can see is that he's an epic lich with the Shikon Jewel as his phylactery, but I don't know how to model the gestalt demonic spirits thing.

Sydonai
2010-04-20, 05:51 PM
He is an advanced Daelkyr.

Geiger Counter
2010-04-20, 05:52 PM
I meant his various states and incarnations before the band of seven arc.
Edit: band of seven stats would be nice too.

Sydonai
2010-04-20, 05:56 PM
Band of Seven are a mix of ToB(Tome of Battle) and MoI(Magic of Incarnum).
I'm the worst possible person to ask to stat something, you'll end up facing a mook or the second coming.

awa
2010-04-20, 11:54 PM
Naraku like most characters doesn't translate well to dungeons and dragons.
He would be best made not by trying to find an existing monster class or template combo but simply making a new creature with all the powers you think he should have. Or are you perhaps asking for stats someone else has already made if that's the case never mind.

iamstillwater
2010-04-21, 12:51 AM
Silly question, but is Naraku a person, or a creature?

That monster does not ring any bells.

Hurlbut
2010-04-21, 01:02 AM

That monster does not ring any bells.A being born of a human who sold his soul to monsters who swarm upon him and fused together.

krossbow
2010-04-21, 01:16 AM
naraku godmodes and changes powers so much its pretty much impossible to stat him without him literally changing into a new Monster/character every day. which basically means he's the entire monster manual being thrown at the party.

AslanCross
2010-04-21, 01:24 AM

Inu-Yasha archvillain.

krossbow
2010-04-21, 01:27 AM

As one of his many required powers to stat out, he literally must be able to shoot bees. Its about the only thing he does consistently and effectively.

Paulus
2010-04-21, 01:28 AM
naraku godmodes and changes powers so much its pretty much impossible to stat him without him literally changing into a new Monster/character every day. which basically means he's the entire monster manual being thrown at the party.

So he is just a Wizard eh?
ha ha, polymorph joke. No wonder Inuyasha had to be a uber charger.

hewhosaysfish
2010-04-21, 07:39 AM

Phasm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/phasm.htm) as a starting point then, maybe?

Sydonai
2010-04-21, 09:03 AM
He has Chaos Shuffle and Psychic Reformstion at will. He can make modified Simulucrums, modified Clones, and Living Constucts. And he has thick poisonous gas(under pressure) for blood.

Prime32
2010-04-21, 09:20 AM
What about some combination of incarnate, factotum, binder and chameleon?

Xallace
2010-04-21, 09:30 AM
Phasm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/phasm.htm) as a starting point then, maybe?

Throw on some levels of Psion, maybe Shaper or Egoist?

Sydonai
2010-04-21, 09:46 AM
I still say Advanced Daelkyr, the miasma may be his "aura of corruption" ability. But yes, he has levels of Erudite and Totemist.

Kaiyanwang
2010-04-21, 09:49 AM

Protean (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/hagunemnon.htm) could be better, but good catch, IMO.

Put Half-fiend on it, and it's a start.

Destabilize is Naraku's corruptive touch, and the change shape thing represents his great flexibility.

Sydonai
2010-04-21, 09:55 AM
Not Half-Fiend, Half-Farspawn.
And add Black Lotus Extract to his tentacles.

Eldariel
2010-04-21, 10:28 AM

In other words, he has Persistent Shapechange on him?

Person_Man
2010-04-21, 12:12 PM
On a similar note, can anyone name an manga and/or anime that actually uses "rules based" magic/technology/etc to the point where you could realistically stat out the characters. It's been my experience that Japanese writers go out of their way to explain how their elaborate system of magic works, but then completely ignore it whenever they feel like it. I assume it's just a cultural thing that I don't understand.

Sydonai
2010-04-21, 01:38 PM
The problem is that multiple systems may be in use. A good example is Full-Metal Alchemist, It uses Alchemy, but it also has "Rentanjutsu". Its like asking someone to stat out a Binder and giving them "Complete Arcane" as a reference.

Prime32
2010-04-21, 01:41 PM
On a similar note, can anyone name an manga and/or anime that actually uses "rules based" magic/technology/etc to the point where you could realistically stat out the characters. It's been my experience that Japanese writers go out of their way to explain how their elaborate system of magic works, but then completely ignore it whenever they feel like it. I assume it's just a cultural thing that I don't understand.They do that because if the system is so well-established then breaking it is badass.

I have some conversion formulae for Fate/stay night -> D&D, but it obviously can't handle the unique powers. (F/SN characters actually have pseudo-RPG statblocks which the main character can see)

true_shinken
2010-04-21, 01:42 PM
On a similar note, can anyone name an manga and/or anime that actually uses "rules based" magic/technology/etc to the point where you could realistically stat out the characters.

Hunter x Hunter

Kaiyanwang
2010-04-21, 02:54 PM
On a similar note, can anyone name an manga and/or anime that actually uses "rules based" magic/technology/etc to the point where you could realistically stat out the characters. It's been my experience that Japanese writers go out of their way to explain how their elaborate system of magic works, but then completely ignore it whenever they feel like it. I assume it's just a cultural thing that I don't understand.

Record of Lodoss War? :smalltongue: It seemed BECMI to me!

Person_Man
2010-04-21, 03:38 PM
Hunter x Hunter

Gah! 305 back issues online. Damn/thank you Shinken.

krossbow
2010-04-21, 04:34 PM

Full metal alchemist.

Frozen_Feet
2010-04-21, 04:41 PM
I disagree about Full Metal Alchemist. Yes, alchemy is supposed to have clearly defined rules... but barring few expections, the rules themselves are rarely touched upon. Any rules governing syntetigrams would have to be invented from whole cloth, for example, if one wanted to emulate them in a game system.

Various FMA videogames or databooks not withstanding, because I'm not familiar with them '^_^.

Geiger Counter
2010-04-21, 07:47 PM
What would be the stats and cost of a Saimyōshō hive?
summon swarm, wasp (hellwast minus inhabit)

Kaiyanwang
2010-04-22, 01:57 AM
In MMIV (IIRC) there is a sort of fiendish wasp. Take a look.