PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Templates and feats for ranged factotum

Myou
2010-04-20, 05:44 PM
I'm starting a new game soon, first chance to play instead of DM, and I want to play a factotum, using revolvers (the DM made some guns available, revolvers are light single handed weapons that hold six shots before needing amove action to reload) and also a rifle (a rifle with a scope allows you to apply sneak attack at any range but takes a full round action to fire). I'm taking TWFing (it's been rolled into a single scaling feat) but I don't know what else to get - can anyone suggest feats other than Font of Inspiration?

We also get free templates, two +1s or one +2, so I'm looking for suggestions for those, especially one that boost my dexterity, constitution or intelligence.

Oh, one other pertinent houserule, we get dex to damage as wel as hit rolls when using ranged weapons.

Eldariel
2010-04-20, 06:09 PM
Rapid Shot-line seems good. Rapid Reload can't hurt either. Knowledge Devotion could be good. Honestly, Font of Inspiration would help a ton tho since you shoot a lot so it costs a lot of inspiration to apply Int to all the shots and damage. Just...a few options.

Masaioh
2010-04-20, 06:36 PM
What's a factotum and what book is it in? I keep hearing about it on this forum.

goken04
2010-04-20, 06:38 PM
What's a factotum and what book is it in? I keep hearing about it on this forum.

A great Jack-of-all-Trades base class from Dungeonscape.

Olo Demonsbane
2010-04-20, 09:15 PM
I suggest taking Craven, Rapid Shot, Multishot, and Greater Multishot.

This way, you can get a slew of extra attacks by using 3 inspiration points, and you can get decent damage on all of them via Craven and spending one point at the beginning of your turn to get sneak attack.

deuxhero
2010-04-20, 09:27 PM
Phrenic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm) and or half fey (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) (you have to eat the +2LA for real with both, but it's worth it) with the Magic in the Blood feat (Some FR book, PGTF? Racial, and remember stuff from templates defaults to "racial", SLAs become usable 3 times as much). You are now a full-caster with no spell choice (but some fairly good spells), wings, good charisma boost, immunity to enchantment spells (all such effects, not just the mind effecting ones) and you have your normal class levels-2.

Lycanthromancer
2010-04-20, 10:08 PM
Try to get Manyshot; you get +Int on all attacks, but only have to make a single attack roll, and therefore only need one Inspiration Point. Only doable at or after level 9, however.

Shot on the Run is nice as well.

Check out the Shape Soulmeld feat from Magic of Incarnum; you'll eventually get access to the incarnum spells, and can open some chakra binds for some really nifty soulmelds.

Doc Roc
2010-04-20, 10:10 PM
Feral Dark Dragonborn Beguiler (Shining South, cohort only technically)
Beguiler's 1RHD "dissolves" so it's just LA+1, for a net of +1 after the -2 your GM gives.

The Face And Name of Moe.
The Moe-tatron, if you'll pardon a hilarious biblical reference.

You're an angry half-ghostly winged sugar-glider+cat hybrid wielding revolvers. Does not get better.

Unfortunately, this may be read as losing you the racial true-seeing that makes beguiler so desirable.