PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Psionic Paper (PEACH) (Some help desired)

Jallorn
2010-04-21, 01:29 AM
Slightly-Psionic Paper
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/245/6/e/Fill_In_Your_Own_Psychic_Paper_by_jinkies36.jpg

A semi-sentient, slightly-psionic piece of paper that can show almost anything on it's surface. It can fool weak minds into believing the paper reads something official, or it can allow stronger minds to communicate through it.

Int:12
Wis:10
Cha:10

As a free action, someone wielding the Psionic Paper can have it show something. If the wielder doesn't care what, or has no Power Points, then the paper chooses to show something it believes will suit the desired purpose. If the Wielder possesses Power Points, then he may choose to have the paper show something specific.
Any person viewing the Psionic Paper when it is thus used must make a will save, if used by a character with no Power Points, the DC is equal to 10 + the Paper's Int modifier, + The character's Cha Modifier.
If used by a character with power points, the DC is equal to 10 + the Paper's Int Modifier, + the manifesting ability modifier of the wielder + the wielders ranks in bluff (Limited to twice their Cha Modifier)

Additionally, a creature with Power Points may attempt to send a message to a Psionic Paper, max 5 words. She can send a general message picked up by all Psionic Papers within detecting radius, or to a specific one whose general location is known. It costs 1 PP/range increment of the Psionic Paper. This means that if a message is sent with 1 PP in a general radius, and there is a Psionic Paper, with a range of one mile, one mile away, another, with a range of one mile, two miles away, and one, with a range of two miles, two miles away, the first and third will recieve the message, while the second won't unless the message is sent by spending 2 PPs. The wielder of a recieving Psionic Paper may spend the minimum amount of PPs required for the message to reach his paper in order to pinpoint the approxamite location of the sender at the time of sending.

This was inspired by The Doctor's Slightly-Psychic Paper. For those of you who don't know who or what either of those are, go watch Doctor Who... NOW! :smallbiggrin: Anyway, I need help with prices and good ranges. Also, I figure that there would be varying intelligence levels for the papers. I know that that and the varying ranges would make for different price values, so it might be good to have a base price, and then price increases for each increase in range or Int. Base Int should probably be minimum 12, as shown above.

Let's see what we can do with this Playgrounders, shall we?:smallcool:

Lix Lorn
2010-04-21, 06:55 AM
Ooh, nicely done. XD
Though,

DC 10+the Int modifier of the paper+the Cha modifier of the wielder if he has no Power Points, and DC 10+the Int modifier of the paper+the Int modifier of the wielder+the bluff modifier of the wielder (bluff modifier bonus is limited to twice the wielders Cha Modifier)
That's hard to understand.

How about:

If used by a character with no Power Points, the DC is equal to 10 + the Paper's Int modifier, + The character's Cha Modifier.
If used by a character with power points, the DC is equal tro 10 + the Paper's Int Modifier, + the Int modifier of the wielder + the wielders ranks in bluff (Limited to twice their Cha Modifier)

Also, it might be better, rather than their Int modifer, to use their primary Manifesting stat, so it's useful for Psychic Warriors.

Jallorn
2010-04-21, 09:43 AM
Excellent Lix, thank you. You're right though, it should be. I'll change stuff now.

Lix Lorn
2010-04-21, 12:47 PM
Glad I could help. ^_^

Fortuna
2010-04-21, 01:38 PM
This means that if a message is sent with 1 PP in a general radius, and there is a Psionic Paper with a range of one mile one mile away, another with a range of one mile two miles away, and one with a range of two miles two miles away, the first and third will recieve the message, while the second won't unless the message is sent by spending 2 PPs.

This section is really confusing, and I'm not quite sure what you meant by it. Also, what's a range increment for these purposes? It looks like a mile, but your example is unclear.

Jallorn
2010-04-21, 03:34 PM
Range increment is one of the baseline things that hasn't been determined yet. It's a factor of the Paper. Basically, the paper has a certain range, and it can pick up projected thoughts of 1 PP worth of power within that range, 2 PP worth of power in twice that range, 3 PP in thrice, etc. This means that although the sender is spending the PP, whether or not the Paper can pick up the message is dependent on it's range. One paper might be able to pick up a message while another weaker one in the same spot wouldn't.

Fortuna
2010-04-22, 01:06 AM
Oh, I see. In that case, simply to make reading easier, consider

"One paper, with a range increment of one mile, one mile away." or
"One paper (with a range increment of one mile) one mile away." instead of
"One paper with a range increment of one mile one mile away."

Lix Lorn
2010-04-22, 09:16 AM
You could bypass the problem by saying 'any S.P. paper where both papers are within range of each other.'