PDA

View Full Version : Video/Audio Editor

PersonMan
2010-04-21, 08:58 AM
My friends and I are going to be making a music-video sort of thing for a project, and we need a free audio/video editor. Does anyone know of any good ones that we can use?

valadil
2010-04-21, 09:39 AM
Virtual Dub is awesome and free. It's not as fancy as something like Premiere, but it's straightforward and won't get in your way.

hap_hazard
2010-04-21, 08:50 PM
Get the Sony Vegas trial. 30 days.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-04-21, 08:54 PM
At school we use a program called Final Cut, which is kinda cool, because we watched a video of people actually making holywood movies, and they used that program.

Vaynor
2010-04-21, 09:18 PM
At school we use a program called Final Cut, which is kinda cool, because we watched a video of people actually making holywood movies, and they used that program.

Final Cut is also very expensive. (the professionals also would use Final Cut Pro, which is even more expensive)

Additionally, define "free".

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-04-21, 09:24 PM
Final Cut is also very expensive. (the professionals also would use Final Cut Pro, which is even more expensive)

I have no clue how we could afford Final Cut on all the computers in the Media Arts computer lab. Actually, yeah, i do have a clue: being an inner-city school in a poor neighbourhood means we get a good amount of 'we feel sorry for you' funding.

Vaynor
2010-04-21, 09:36 PM
I have no clue how we could afford Final Cut on all the computers in the Media Arts computer lab. Actually, yeah, i do have a clue: being an inner-city school in a poor neighbourhood means we get a good amount of 'we feel sorry for you' funding.

You get very discounts for buying software like that in bulk, as well as even more discounts because it's for a school.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-04-24, 04:07 PM
I like audacity.

It's free and Easy to use...

Haruki-kun
2010-04-24, 04:10 PM

I'm guessing he meant "I don't have to pay for it", not "Free Software" or "Open Source".